Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 123308 times)

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 12:36:14 pm »
Great signing - looking forward to seeing an Elliott/Carvalho/Fabinho midfield three at some point next season!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2022, 12:44:29 pm »
Great to finally see the deal on the official site, even though we was it's been done for ages.

Exiting to think he will stay next season, it gives a great chance to retain the two cups we have, and with 5 subs in the league, we will spread the appearances out.

Welcome Fabio!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2022, 01:03:00 pm »
Lovely stuff. :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2022, 01:03:26 pm »
Welcome to the home of soon to be European Champions. Rest up, Milly is going to be doing the lactate test with you come pre season.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2022, 02:14:02 pm »
That totally came out of the blue.

Hardly any indication that we were interested. Julian is the bees knees when it comes to this transfer business! ;D

Looking forward to seeing him play in pre season. The coaching team and klopp going to have a lot of fun with him, elliot and curtis.

Might even see a new style of evolution of our play next season.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2022, 02:48:27 pm »
Winger or midfielder? Looks a lot like a Klopp winger to me. Bit lightweight for playing 8, no?

Online BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2022, 02:52:52 pm »
Winger or midfielder? Looks a lot like a Klopp winger to me. Bit lightweight for playing 8, no?

Maybe as back-up to Salah's position?

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2022, 02:57:05 pm »
I,almost, feel sorry for Fulham losing him and Harvey for a pittance.

Harry Wilson and Neco Williams have been immense for them and instrumental in getting them back to the Prem. It’s a two way thing and I’m sure both clubs are building a fair relationship
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2022, 02:59:24 pm »
Harry Wilson and Neco Williams have been immense for them and instrumental in getting them back to the Prem. It’s a two way thing and I’m sure both clubs are building a fair relationship

True. Wonder if Neco will sign for them?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2022, 03:00:56 pm »
True. Wonder if Neco will sign for them?

I'd think there's a big chance yeah, if not permanently then surely on loan. Away from the speculation of them being annoyed at us 'stealing' their players we actually seem to have a pretty good relationship with Fulham.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2022, 03:22:23 pm »
Player!

Welcome.

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2022, 03:46:44 pm »
I have seen a lot of Fulham and think that ultimately his best position will be number 10, the Firmino role. He has all the ability but patience is required as he will have to learn the essential defensive or out of possession aspects of playing that role in this Liverpool side.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2022, 03:47:12 pm »
Is he fast?
I do like pace goals.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2022, 03:47:56 pm »
Is he fast?
I do like pace goals.

Not Salah or Mane fast - but he is quick and seems to find a lot of space too.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2022, 03:53:20 pm »

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2022, 03:57:05 pm »
This lad is mustard. We have a very exciting future with him, Curtis and Harvey, and Jota and Diaz

True.  It's a shame that by the time they're in the first team the likes of Trent will be drawing their footballing pension - would be a fantastic team with him in there as well.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2022, 03:58:14 pm »
Future looks bright!!! Welcome to LFC Fab!!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2022, 04:18:17 pm »
Didn't realise he'd featured for Fulham in the PL! Lovely goal too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAbbffTDFhc

Pretty certain he would have a field day against David De Gea.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2022, 04:59:35 pm »
Welcome! Good luck!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2022, 05:01:19 pm »
Can see him taking #7 if Milner leaves.  :D

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2022, 05:21:20 pm »
He's not quick enough to feature there exclusively IMO. He's quicker than Coutinho, but he's closer to Coutinho in pace than the likes of Salah, Mane or Diaz. As for being lightweight "he is ranking in the 94th percentile for winning the ball back after pressing an opponent" from an article in the Echo. So basically a Coutinho style player with both work rate and ball winning ability. In our system, I think he could play 8, 10 or the false 9 role, with stints out on the wing, but you won't get the same output you get from our other pacey wings, or even Jota who while he isn't quite as quick as the other three, is a powerful runner.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2022, 06:33:42 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QT5I-1T-idA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QT5I-1T-idA</a>
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2022, 06:53:19 pm »
I see a lot of similarities in Fabio and Elliott which is why I've consistently thought of them basically vying for the same spot in midfield. Maybe he really will be a forward though. Excited to find out, at what it's costing us there is really no downside here anyway.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2022, 06:56:04 pm »
We view him as a forward in a 4-3-3.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1528662917423538180

Carvalho viewed by Liverpool as a forward option, capable of playing anywhere across the frontline - and crucially as a No.10, if Klopp opts to go with four attackers within games.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2022, 06:56:10 pm »
The last Fabio that played for us was terrible.

I think I have confused my order of Fabios.

The Fabio I want to refer to, is Aurelio.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2022, 07:01:33 pm »
Nice, looks a real talent.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2022, 07:02:56 pm »
Nice, looks a real talent.

Okay, now what about his football abilities mate?

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2022, 07:18:45 pm »

Ha!
well if he doesnt work outhe can always sing a few tunes...
hard not to be excited with any signing these days, they have been so good... hopefully this will continue the trend! Welcome to the football elite...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2022, 07:25:54 pm »

Oh I'll worry about that later. For now, he's overtaken Jamie Redknapp in the dreamboat stakes.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2022, 07:38:06 pm »
Oh I'll worry about that later. For now, he's overtaken Jamie Redknapp in the dreamboat stakes.

Ali says Hi
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2022, 07:56:27 pm »
We view him as a forward in a 4-3-3.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1528662917423538180
Probably doesn't mean too much until Klopp gets to see him in training though

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2022, 08:04:24 pm »
Ali says Hi

Ah, I knew I forgot someone.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2022, 01:23:16 pm »
Great signing, really looking forward to seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. I'm sure him and Diogo will create absolute havoc when playing together for their national team and more importantly for us.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2022, 12:10:47 am »
Feel a bit sorry for him with the underwhelming timing of this announcement coming in this week's interlude. Although I'm sure there'll be some good stuff soon after Paris, and welcome interviews and the like

Really excited to see him playing, looks a fun player

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2022, 12:18:15 am »
Nothing to feel sorry about. His contact with us begins on July 1st.  :D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2022, 12:20:12 am »
Yeah am sure there'll be good stuff then. It's just announcing it now with a single tweet and an article saying 'he used to play for Fulham and has portuguese family' so far is pretty minimal.

I guess they felt they had to do it asap, some people don't have the patience with transfers and get worrying without announcments

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 07:09:51 am »
Probably doesn't mean too much until Klopp gets to see him in training though

I suspect out recruitment is quite a lot savvier than that. We're not spending millions on players in order for Klopp to get a look at them on the training pitch and decide on their role for us. Which isn't to say things could change but it is to say we're a lot more joined up than that.

As for his position, what he's very good at is in box productivity in terms of goals and assists. So unless we're planning on changing how the midfield set up, he's not going to be an 8. He's also not going to be the 'Firmino role' player because, as we've seen with Mane and Jota, Klopp seems to prefer a physical presence down the middle. That said, I suspect Jota isn't the most intelligent presser and perhaps what Carvalho loses in physical presence relative to Firmino he'll make up for in a similar level of pressing ability. Perhaps he'd play as 10 in a 4-2-3-1 but that'd require a change of system. So most likely he ends up a wide forward for us. The fact he's slower than Mane and Salah (we think, unless we've got actual numbers that's very hard to tell) is mostly pretty irrelevant these days. We mostly dominate possession and require our wide forwards to play in tight spaces. What's key for that is less raw speed but rather good speed over the first few yards and good movement. I suspect he has both.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2022, 08:07:41 am »
I suspect out recruitment is quite a lot savvier than that. We're not spending millions on players in order for Klopp to get a look at them on the training pitch and decide on their role for us. Which isn't to say things could change but it is to say we're a lot more joined up than that.

I think our recruitment probably does involve some form of giving Klopp a player who has specific fundamental attributes and then allowing Klopp to decide how they fit in. I'd say that's pretty normal, especially with younger players. Jones, Elliott, Trent don't really play roles they did for acadmey teams.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2022, 09:40:24 am »

As for his position, what he's very good at is in box productivity in terms of goals and assists. So unless we're planning on changing how the midfield set up, he's not going to be an 8. He's also not going to be the 'Firmino role' player because, as we've seen with Mane and Jota, Klopp seems to prefer a physical presence down the middle. That said, I suspect Jota isn't the most intelligent presser and perhaps what Carvalho loses in physical presence relative to Firmino he'll make up for in a similar level of pressing ability. Perhaps he'd play as 10 in a 4-2-3-1 but that'd require a change of system. So most likely he ends up a wide forward for us. The fact he's slower than Mane and Salah (we think, unless we've got actual numbers that's very hard to tell) is mostly pretty irrelevant these days. We mostly dominate possession and require our wide forwards to play in tight spaces. What's key for that is less raw speed but rather good speed over the first few yards and good movement. I suspect he has both.
I do remember Edwards convince Klopp of Salah of him exploiting the spaces that Firmino. They recruiting for the roles. formation how it played it very hybird of 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 mix. Klopp has gone to 4-2-3-1 multiple times this year, He did with milner/Hendo on the final day with Firmino as 10. Vs Forest he moved Jota central and moved Ox and Elliott on opposites sides instead of so close. Probably other times. But it like a hybird of the 2 normally and can go more clear on it at times.
Carvalho my guess is understudy for Firmino Role and also be a #10 when needing to go the 4-2-3-1. Probably can also play LW role too.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2022, 09:41:34 am »
I think our recruitment probably does involve some form of giving Klopp a player who has specific fundamental attributes and then allowing Klopp to decide how they fit in. I'd say that's pretty normal, especially with younger players. Jones, Elliott, Trent don't really play roles they did for acadmey teams.

Yeah that's got to be right. And we're clearly flexible about players positions. We have form with Elliott and Jones of players moving back into the 8 position from further forward. And we've got form of goalscorers like Gini moving backwards too. And Carvalho fits into both those categories.

However, given Elliot's outstanding qualities are his passing, and he's not that quick, nor likely to run in behind that much, I'm fairly sure we never had him pegged as a wide forward in our system. His attributes fit certain roles in our team and not others. And likewise with Gini, you can tell from the way he plays that he was never going to be a wide forward for us. He could have ended up as a false 9 mind. Trent is very similar in that his relative weaknesses would be exposed in midfield but are hidden at RB and his attributes can shine just as much there as they can in cm. Plus he moved backwards as part of his move from youth to senior player. The difference with Carvalho is he profiles as an attacking player, it's not clear how what he's very good at particularly fits into a Klopp midfield. In some ways this comes down to the role vs position discussion. I think we're very flexible about positions but we're less flexible about roles, and our forwards have certain roles in the team and our midfielders have other roles. If you're looking at the role that our midfielders typically fulfill, I don't know why you want Carvalho given his attributes.