Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 199721 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #3280 on: May 29, 2022, 01:27:06 pm »
I definitely will do, planning on doing nothing at work tomorrow so will type it up then. Appreciate it mate. Have to admit, thought it was touch and go at one stage weather we got out of there, but we all stuck together. Proud of us.

Every time I scroll, there is a new video. I mean they literally have a social media currently full of evidence 🤷‍♂️

Good on you. At least the journalists who have attended have kept up the more truthful edition on twitter, some really good posts in there today with a lot of videos as well. UEFA will not be able to wriggle out of this, as there is clear evidence over what happened.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3281 on: May 29, 2022, 01:27:09 pm »
Andy Robertson made a point of having a go at the organisation as one of his friends was accused of have a "fake" ticket which was supplied via the club so obviously was not fake at all. Also Joel's brother's wife was tear gassed as well. Just disgusting. I also saw one of a disabled fan in a wheel chair who'd been caught up in it as well.
This on the BBC, loads of other similar stories...

Took my 84 year old mum to the game last night. She's been a Liverpool supporter her whole life but this was her first European final. We got to the ground at 18.30 local time and she was in her wheelchair. We both had genuine tickets but were told they were fake and when she asked the police office to hand her ticket back she was pepper sprayed and rolled off behind a cage so she could "calm down". When she tried to leave one of the police officers put some sort of bike lock around her wheelchair and this wasn't released until the game was finished. The whole trip cost me £5000. I was in Madrid and it was organised so well but this was just an absolute disgrace.

Will, Liverpool (currently Paris)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3282 on: May 29, 2022, 01:45:16 pm »
Out of curiosity did gate Z tickets scan at the other places e.g Y?
Some inside were saying Z was shut and to go to another entrance but most of us didn’t fancy losing our place for a wild goose chase. A few came back and said it didn’t work. Just wondering if it did or not?
And if it did-how far did you have to go, because at one point I gave up in Z and tried but the other gates near were shut as well.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #3283 on: May 29, 2022, 01:46:29 pm »
Good on you. At least the journalists who have attended have kept up the more truthful edition on twitter, some really good posts in there today with a lot of videos as well. UEFA will not be able to wriggle out of this, as there is clear evidence over what happened.

They need a big fucking carpet to sweep this one under. They have already tried the blame narrative, and I think (just about) most of the football world have seen through it. Apart from your normal shithouses. Now for accountability as a bare minimum

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3284 on: May 29, 2022, 01:57:50 pm »
Still baffled by closing the gates. What’s the thinking? We all had fake tickets?
And if so they just decided to not even try?
If it was safety then why even open it later?
How’s it not safe and then safe?
I’m baffled by the logic.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3285 on: May 29, 2022, 02:28:45 pm »
Some inside were saying Z was shut and to go to another entrance but most of us didn’t fancy losing our place for a wild goose chase. A few came back and said it didn’t work. Just wondering if it did or not?
And if it did-how far did you have to go, because at one point I gave up in Z and tried but the other gates near were shut as well.
My Z scanned okay at Y, but I think those sections were open to eachother so it might not have scanned at otherside of ground for example, was absolutely shitting it not scanning, this after been crushed and sprayed within 5 minutes

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: May 29, 2022, 02:31:34 pm »
Still baffled by closing the gates. What’s the thinking? We all had fake tickets?
And if so they just decided to not even try?
If it was safety then why even open it later?
How’s it not safe and then safe?
I’m baffled by the logic.
something happened before the majority of us got there, between 18:00-19:30, that's prompted them to close the gates, they clearly meant to check tickets in that underpass as they had barriers in place but very quickly they've started letting anyone through and up to the ground that's where all the locals came from, there's videos of them rushing the gates but I'm not sure what time, a lot of Liverpool fans I spoke to after seemed to have less problems at neutral ends, was specifically the Liverpool allocation which the gates were closed

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3287 on: May 29, 2022, 02:37:26 pm »
something happened before the majority of us got there, between 18:00-19:30, that's prompted them to close the gates, they clearly meant to check tickets in that underpass as they had barriers in place but very quickly they've started letting anyone through and up to the ground that's where all the locals came from, there's videos of them rushing the gates but I'm not sure what time, a lot of Liverpool fans I spoke to after seemed to have less problems at neutral ends, was specifically the Liverpool allocation which the gates were closed

On twitter there are videos of local fans getting into the ground, these were all French spoken I saw a couple of videos were they were talking. Some of those I saw on another video when the fans were being held and they were forcing their way through.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3288 on: May 29, 2022, 02:58:34 pm »
On twitter there are videos of local fans getting into the ground, these were all French spoken I saw a couple of videos were they were talking. Some of those I saw on another video when the fans were being held and they were forcing their way through.
I think that's happened before most of us got there and that's why the gates were shut then

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: May 29, 2022, 03:03:53 pm »
Just thought what it reminded me. Kids when they stick their fingers in their ears and refuse to listen. It was like that, only dangerous.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3290 on: May 29, 2022, 03:06:37 pm »
I think that's happened before most of us got there and that's why the gates were shut then

Around 6:45 is when we saw at least 10 people rush through the final check and were all hauled to the ground by the security. It was bad. I think they were French. Think that was the start if it all.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3291 on: May 29, 2022, 03:28:06 pm »
Around 6:45 is when we saw at least 10 people rush through the final check and were all hauled to the ground by the security. It was bad. I think they were French. Think that was the start if it all.
gates have been clearly been compromised by locals before majority of Liverpool fans got there, then they've closed the gates to us and stuck us all outside with even more locals surrounding us, they've then opened 1 side gate at each entry point to try and funnel fans through but that only created a crush at that small point, the whole thing is a disgrace and I really doubt I'll ever be away in Europe at a football match again

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3292 on: May 29, 2022, 04:14:41 pm »

We got in at 18:00 and it was fine but after about 15/20 minutes Y got stormed a couple of times and that then got closed.  Z closed about an hour before after a small group tried to charge but nothing that suggested all gates needed closing.  A few very energetic and mobile lads jumped over the 20ft fence but individuals and a few got caught others legged it. 

A couple of liverpool stewards were trying to calm supporters inside who were asking what was happening and tell them to sort out but our stewards were either not interested or couldn’t influence.

Some disabled supporters eventually got let through a gate but as others tried to gain access got sprayed in the melee.

I’m the upper tier Z and even during match wasn’t full although lower seemed over capacity.  Stewards in ground just taking videos of singing and not interested. 

On way encountered what I’d say was police intimidation squeezing us through with underpass blocked by vans just waiting for a show of aggression from our fans who thankfully apart from advising them they were C’s walked on.

Offline squeeze84

• Main Stander
« Reply #3293 on: May 29, 2022, 04:19:58 pm »

We tried to get in at Y and were told our tickets wouldn’t scan. We were then directed back to Z. When that didn’t work, because they flat out refused to open or even speak to us, we eventually went back to Y where, yes you better believe it, our tickets worked and we were let in.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3294 on: May 29, 2022, 04:36:43 pm »
A couple of liverpool stewards were trying to calm supporters inside who were asking what was happening and tell them to sort out but our stewards were either not interested or couldn’t influence.

When I eventually got in at Y, I asked one of the Liverpool stewards why they were just standing and watching and not helping, and it turned out they were as frustrated as us.  She said they had been outside the gates helping steward the early crowds, but their French counterparts had told them they were not allowed to do that and made them stop.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3295 on: May 29, 2022, 04:40:22 pm »
When I eventually got in at Y, I asked one of the Liverpool stewards why they were just standing and watching and not helping, and it turned out they were as frustrated as us.  She said they had been outside the gates helping steward the early crowds, but their French counterparts had told them they were not allowed to do that and made them stop.
they don't really have much power and are there just to advise, when the police take over they take over, I was more shocked that there absolutely no one with authority outside the ground, no stewards no nothing they were all locked behind the fence

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #3296 on: May 29, 2022, 05:17:54 pm »

We were at Y, it happened a few times, but definitely not just locals - only a handful a couple of times, though. Gates closed twice while we were there, 2nd time it was reopened (looked from a few metres back that it had been pulled open), and that's when they let the gas off as there was a push forward.

There looked to be a mix of locals and a few lads who said they couldn't get in at Z, so just pushed to the front of Y, over the fences at the front, all insisted they had tickets
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 05:49:40 pm by banksybanks »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3297 on: May 29, 2022, 05:51:48 pm »
I forgot to say after all the trouble getting in the pat down was like that gif on Twitter. You know the one.
So obviously not that arsed about the security in the end.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: May 29, 2022, 06:06:57 pm »
I forgot to say after all the trouble getting in the pat down was like that gif on Twitter. You know the one.
So obviously not that arsed about the security in the end.
local steward's caught in between the police and fans, probably on a shit wage too and feeling the effects for gas, not surprised they weren't arsed

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3299 on: May 29, 2022, 06:59:17 pm »

We had Z, moved to Y due to the chaos, to experience more chaos. Mine didn't scan and ironically the bloke on the gate told me to "go under" the turnstile (although he may have been trained to recognise a gen ticket) but my lads did scan ok.

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #3300 on: May 29, 2022, 07:50:06 pm »
After reading others posts here, and the countless others on social media, i was incredibly lucky to not get caught up in any real trouble. But it was just that, luck.

We got to the ground at around 6.20, as a couple of the lads in our group wanted 1 of those final caps, and thought they could get them from those merchandise tents on the concourse by the stadium.

The tent was opposite our gate, which was B and at around 6.30 we saw those gangs try and storm the gate. Those metal barriers they had laid out in lanes leading to the gates were manned by 1 person. He couldn't of been more then 18. All these local lads did was go further down the barriers, and ragged them apart, then there was another wave of lads who ran through and hurdled the turnstiles. Some of these got up the stairs to the upper tiers. The ones that were caught and apprehended were just shoved back out of the gate, no arrests or being detained, so essentially they could try and again later.

At this point our group made the decision to go in, as we thought it would get worse. This was around 6.50, and still took 40 minutes to get through the gates, they didn't close the gate at this point but had more security there who blocked the entrance.

On exiting the stadium i think what saved us was that we went to the other station to use the RER D line.

Just on a side issue and a minor one compared to others experiences, but i didn't feel safe in the upper tiers with the way the seat are. Because they didn't fold up there was no room for people to pass by. 3 times in that 1st half people behind me went over the seats in front.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3301 on: May 29, 2022, 07:56:06 pm »
Did anyone manage to get any compensation from Coach Innovations then who ended up missing it entirely?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3302 on: May 29, 2022, 08:39:04 pm »
Just on a side issue and a minor one compared to others experiences, but i didn't feel safe in the upper tiers with the way the seat are. Because they didn't fold up there was no room for people to pass by. 3 times in that 1st half people behind me went over the seats in front.

Was only in the middle tier that wasn't so steep, but it was still lethal.  There were about 40+ seats between the narrow aisles, and I had to walk along the non-flat seats themselves to get out.  I nearly went over three times, but was saved by grabbing onto shoulders of those in front or being caught by another fan.  This ground would never have got a health-and-safety certificate in the UK.

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #3303 on: May 29, 2022, 08:45:31 pm »
Was only in the middle tier that wasn't so steep, but it was still lethal.  There were about 40+ seats between the narrow aisles, and I had to walk along the non-flat seats themselves to get out.  I nearly went over three times, but was saved by grabbing onto shoulders of those in front or being caught by another fan.  This ground would never have got a health-and-safety certificate in the UK.

Thats what everyone was doing in the upper, problem was the seats became wet with the spilled beer, so were slippy.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3304 on: May 29, 2022, 08:47:35 pm »

I held out at gate Z as at one point I was right at the entrance. I thought we weren’t gonna get in so i walked off about 9pm paris time then got a call off the missus to say they’d be opening the gates once things were more organised inside. They opened gate A and I had no bother getting in 

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: May 29, 2022, 08:49:42 pm »
I held out at gate Z as at one point I was right at the entrance. I thought we weren’t gonna get in so i walked off about 9pm paris time then got a call off the missus to say they’d be opening the gates once things were more organised inside. They opened gate A and I had no bother getting in
in reality I should've done that to avoid the carnage at gate Y but I was also fearful of the locals surrounding us so didn't really wanna leave the crowd of lfc fans

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: May 29, 2022, 08:50:21 pm »
hosting the Olympics in 2 years too, I was looking at going too and I will absolutely not be now, think I'll save for the World Cup in 2026 instead

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3307 on: May 29, 2022, 09:02:32 pm »
in reality I should've done that to avoid the carnage at gate Y but I was also fearful of the locals surrounding us so didn't really wanna leave the crowd of lfc fans

Yeah Z was becoming a pressure pot but the lads around me were fantastic, kept everything in order. I walked to a side street to take a call and it was closed off for other people from entering and the riot police where in their numbers so I headed back towards our fans. As I got to A, they opened the one side gate so I walked from the side and queued. Got in as the players were doing their second warm up!
Really thought we weren’t getting in, loads crying everywhere whilst the locals ran amok

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: May 29, 2022, 09:12:18 pm »
When was this bollocks about standing on seats a thing? was in Z3 near the rear..about 10 continuous rows in front of me all standing on seats..a fucking nonsense that 👎
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #3309 on: May 29, 2022, 09:16:36 pm »
Got to ground at around 6.30, thought that would be early enough to get in easy enough. But the under pass bit where there was like 4 people checking tickets was already rammed, moving steadily but was worried about people arriving later making that even more unsafe. Finally got through after like 45 minutes, thought thank fuck we're through that. Only to arrive at gate Y and find a queue of around 200 at the point, thought oh still plenty of time, it'll go down steadily. Then proceeded to spend the next two hours barely moving, they were opening and closing like one gate. We were all getting more impatient but to be fair we were amazingly behaved considering the situation. Just lots of us asking what the fuck is going on. Got relatively near the front and heared shouts of tear gas, got a brief waft of it. Stewards and police just standing there, no information being given. Saw the odd person bunking in and trying blag tickets but not enough to keep all us genuine ones with tickets waiting for hours. I got in the ground literally bang on kick off and my head just wasn't in it. Fuck UEFA, fuck the French.

Online KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3310 on: May 29, 2022, 09:44:37 pm »
Got to ground at around 6.30, thought that would be early enough to get in easy enough. But the under pass bit where there was like 4 people checking tickets was already rammed, moving steadily but was worried about people arriving later making that even more unsafe. Finally got through after like 45 minutes, thought thank fuck we're through that. Only to arrive at gate Y and find a queue of around 200 at the point, thought oh still plenty of time, it'll go down steadily. Then proceeded to spend the next two hours barely moving, they were opening and closing like one gate. We were all getting more impatient but to be fair we were amazingly behaved considering the situation. Just lots of us asking what the fuck is going on. Got relatively near the front and heared shouts of tear gas, got a brief waft of it. Stewards and police just standing there, no information being given. Saw the odd person bunking in and trying blag tickets but not enough to keep all us genuine ones with tickets waiting for hours. I got in the ground literally bang on kick off and my head just wasn't in it. Fuck UEFA, fuck the French.

I just don't get it. Did they think all the Liverpool fans had fake tickets or something? Were they scared after what happened at Wembley with England happening to them?

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #3311 on: May 29, 2022, 09:48:40 pm »
I just don't get it. Did they think all the Liverpool fans had fake tickets or something? Were they scared after what happened at Wembley with England happening to them?
It’s because a significant number of local had tried to bunk in (many successfully) that they decided to go 180 degrees the other way. It had very little to do with fake tickets and it’s one of many of UEFA’s unsubstantiated excuses for a complete fuck up which could have had even worse consequences than what we experienced last night.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline jwilstroplfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #3312 on: May 29, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »
Got to the stadium at just before 6 with my Dad….relatively quick at that point getting up that ramp for a beer …10 mins later watching over the wall to the entrance we had just been through you could see it building up and the bottle neck back towards the vans and you could sense it wasn’t right ….became more crowded as time went on with people joining from the Madrid end on the path. We went through Z and again on at the point we went in ….saw the message about kick off so I went out to the fence at 9pm
local time to see gates shut and police peppering our fans for no reason whatsoever!
Thought the riot police coming out 5 mins to go was ridiculous and pretty intimidating and added to a tense atmosphere all around. Up to this point I thought we had made a good decision being early …that’s where the good decisions ended …after the game went down the ramp and turned right to go up to the metro as was an easier way home …bad decision . Met by locals charging , attacking anyone they could do we had to leg it and hide behind a row of police vans and try head back to the RER D. Not one police officer helping , sorting the situation or trying to guide where to go safely. When we did get there other lads saying there were more locals on the platform with knives / bottles etc and not a police presence in sight!
Still on coach now and trying not to let it spoil what was at first a brilliant day around the centre and fan zone. Outskirts of Paris and Saint Denis …wow
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 09:53:58 pm by jwilstroplfc »

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3313 on: May 29, 2022, 10:07:52 pm »
Our cab driver yesterday was a PSG home and away fan, from St Denis. He told us it is the ‘hottest’ part of Paris and that lots of locals (including his mates) would be trying to storm the ground before kick off, effectively predicting exactly what happened. 

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3314 on: May 29, 2022, 10:27:19 pm »
Our cab driver yesterday was a PSG home and away fan, from St Denis. He told us it is the ‘hottest’ part of Paris and that lots of locals (including his mates) would be trying to storm the ground before kick off, effectively predicting exactly what happened.
Euro 2016 final seemed to go off without a hitch so something broke down massively here

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3315 on: May 29, 2022, 10:28:40 pm »
In the words of one of my mates who went the game, it was like an episode of spiral on crack.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3316 on: May 29, 2022, 10:29:34 pm »

My ticket for Z worked in block A.

At the first check point they said my ticket was a forgery, bought it in the first sale and the operator the first person since I'd opened the envelope to touch the ticket, when I challenged this they called the supervisor over who took one look & let me through. I suspect a few had tickets confiscated that were genuine in similar circumstances.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #3317 on: May 30, 2022, 12:02:44 am »
https://twitter.com/srfc_infinity35/status/1531000939733196800?s=21&t=rMMh-QjUWG-S-kml415edQ

Not directly related but calls into question the need for all the riot police at the end.

Hopefully the club use this response in some form or another

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: May 30, 2022, 01:04:21 am »
My experience was a little different to others... got to the fanzone via taxi at about 1pm. my dad met his mates an they came in on the metro when he rang me an said his tickets been stolen out of his zipped pocket(ironically they left his bank card in the same pocket an just took the ticket) an as soon as he said that my day was ruined. Worst thing is my Dad was completely sober an he is very clued up on stuff like that so he pretty much had no chance. We went to the stadium to see if we could do anything an after fucking about on the metro an walking round the stadium we got to the uefa ticket office at about 4.45pm. We passed the underpass on the way an the police didn't have it blocked off at that point, I did think at the time though if thats the only entrance up that ramp its going to be chaos later on. So anyway speaks to Uefa official tells them what happens etc he says nothing they can do(to be fair there was about 5 of them an i feel like if they could of helped they would of) The guy in charge seemed quite official he actually said if the ticket was on mobile he would be able to cancel it but he can't do anything about the paper ticket. He said Liverpool requested the tickets to be paper tickets he mentioned the last few finals have all been tickets on the phones? an in future thats how they want to go but they honored Liverpools request this time.

So then we went and sat on a bench near the stadium absolutely gutted, sat there for about an hour or so didn't really speak didn't feel like eating or drinking. Couldn't enjoy the day at all. I watched as loads of different types of fans walked up to the stadium from the metro. seen groups of locals walking round with Man utd tops on which I thought was weird. Waited for my mates to leave fanzone to come meet us, there day was shite aswell because they knew what had happened an it killed the mood completely for them also they didn't know what to say it was like a funeral. I've been following Liverpool home and away now since I was old enough to go on my own in 2010 its my life I don't miss many games an I nearly fucked it off an sold my ticket so my Dad wasn't on his own, I was gutted I wanted to go in but i didn't want to leave him either it wasn't a nice situation to be in.

So anyway my dad was adamant i had to go in an he will be fine hes going back to our hotel etc. So at 7.30pm i made my way to the stadium with my dads mate which was about 5 mins away. I was able to go in via different entrance than the one I had seen earlier up the narrow ramp, this entrance had a ticket check an it was still under a tunnel but it was on the other side of the stadium just before the A turnstile an there was more room. They checked my ticket an did the pen with UV light to let us through. I seen some locals trying their luck trying to get past. I'd say at that point it was busy but not really really busy where it was unsafe.

The next bit now is where I realised I am most likely not getting into the ground before kickoff. My dads mates ticket was for A so he went an got in that queue, mine was for Z and I walked down an seen the gates were shut an it looked dangerous an overcrowded. I stood in the open space bit between A and B on the corner an just watched from a distance in the hope they speeded things up an queues went down, I rang a few friends etc to say this doesn't look good am not sure everyone is going to get in on time etc. I was actually thinking to myself the only way I can get in here is if I jump over the fence, an I bet a lot of others who had genuine tickets were thinking the same thing. I observed an seen a lot of people who looked worried/scared. I also knew that my ticket wouldn't scan at another turnstile because they specifically said your ticket will only scan at the turnstile on your ticket so I had no idea how I was getting in. I seen loads of riot police running in formation towards Z and Y an was fearing the worst. I seen a fight outside A to the side an heard someone shout hes got a knife pointing at a french looking guy, the police grabbed him an there was a bit of commotion going on but I didn't want to get to close.

Next minute I think it was either B or C but there seemed to be a gate opened an loads of people flooded in, few tried to climb the fence an the tear gas was deployed. I was about 70m away from this gate an still the tear gas reached me. I went inside the restaurant/bar on the corner an put some water on my eyes in the toilets, decided if I was inside i'd be safer from any tear gas. At this point now I was resigned to the fact that I was most likely not getting in an the news came through kickoff was delayed. It was about 8.50pm an The screen inside the bar showed our end with loads of empty seats an I looked through the window an seen the queues still to get in. I text mates to see if they was in an they had just got in but were shaken up etc. My mate said try gate C ive just got in there so at about 9.20 I went to C an walked straight up to the turnstile an give the security guy my ticket who ripped the top off an let me under the turnstile. I was at least in but still didn't feel very safe. Managed to find my mate an we stood in an empty seat. My ticket was for behind the goal an I was now on line with the corner flag so nowhere near my seat. There was a fence blocking u off moving around also.

Didn't enjoy the game one bit just felt completely flat after what had happened getting in and the whole day, didn't care to much about the result just wanted to get out safely an was praying everyone was ok. The police lining up at our end was just odd it was like they wanted something to happen. Then coming out after the game they didn't have all the gates open that they could of had to get everyone out smoothly. Underneath the passage loads of locals looking for fights etc with our fans, loads of bottles an things thrown, tear gas going on all sorts. Walked down the tunnel which was blocked by police vans an funnelled into a smaller exit was just fucking odd. All the horrible c*nts standing there with their shields and bats ready to hit anyone who dared even look in their direction. There was loads of shady people about on that walk an we just kept walking to the metro an jumped on the train to the airport an I've never been so happy to get away.

I'll never ever go back to that stadium or that part of Paris ever again what an absolute shithole. It's also made me think is it really worth it anymore. I go the football to enjoy myself i've had some great times over the years but it's getting less an less enjoyable an i'm just thinking whats the point? Madrid an Kiev were fantastic because they had great organisation. I had a great time at both. But this was the worst experience at a game i've ever had.

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #3319 on: May 30, 2022, 01:08:22 am »
Got there for about 6ish stuck on the bottom ramp until they searched people , got into the ground fairly easy though B , our block was a nightmare though must have been 50 locals all in there taking people's seats , standing on the stairs , stewards wasn't instrested one bit , like most heart wasn't really in the game after everything that had gone on.

After the game the metro was a nightmare , lads getting watches snatched , bags snatched then the police turned up and locked US on a ramp pulling pepper spray out kids crying and all sorts , police were a disgrace.

Also like a few have said paris is a shithole won't be rushing back there.