Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19692 times)

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #200 on: August 9, 2022, 09:19:05 am »
Never got one going on PS5, do have a club on PS4 though with a few people off here.
Is it possible to play in the ps4 club while using a ps5? If not, perhaps we can make a club on PS5 now. I am unsure how to go about this. Any tips/suggestions?
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #201 on: August 9, 2022, 09:29:23 am »
Is it possible to play in the ps4 club while using a ps5? If not, perhaps we can make a club on PS5 now. I am unsure how to go about this. Any tips/suggestions?
You need the ps4 version to play clubs with people on ps4.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 9, 2022, 09:37:47 am »
You need the ps4 version to play clubs with people on ps4.
Oh well. Hopefully there are enough people with PS5's to form a rawk league.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 9, 2022, 09:49:58 am »
Chuck your PSN names in here and I'll set up a Club later today and invite everyone

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 9, 2022, 01:48:02 pm »
Chuck your PSN names in here and I'll set up a Club later today and invite everyone
Sent you a pm with my PSN ID yesterday. :wave

Think Jm55 and anfieldpurch are also interested. So we might have a fair amount of people intereseted.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 9, 2022, 02:43:53 pm »
Sent you both pm's. :wave

Add me mate, i’m always up for some clubs.

J-Mc- on PS.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 9, 2022, 09:31:04 pm »
Ok ‘RAWK FC’ created. Public club so should be able to find it

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2022, 07:16:58 pm »
elpurchinho
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2022, 05:11:44 am »
oops, someone at EA is in the doghouse.

Electronic Arts (EA) has admitted to scoring "a pretty spectacular own goal" after mistakenly pricing its Fifa 23 Ultimate Edition on India's Epic Games store at 4.80 rupees ($0.06; £0.05).

Buyers rushed to pre-order the game last month after a decimal point error saw its price discounted online by 99.98%.

In India, the 2023 version is priced at 4,800 rupees ($60/£50), with the Standard Edition costing 3,499 rupees ($44/£36).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62590619

;D
#Sausages

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2022, 08:44:22 am »
Given how much money they make on FUT they should be giving the game away for free!

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2022, 09:42:13 am »
Given how much money they make on FUT they should be giving the game away for free!
I think they will do that next year when they change to EA Sports FC and charge for "game modes" as add-ons

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2022, 11:14:28 am »
Yep PES started this model, although they just released a shit show of a game which was a shame. I’m still playing PES 21 every so often, although generally just stopped playing footy games. Interested to see where they go with this, although have to be honest I just don’t enjoy the gameplay so unless they completely overhaul the engine it’ll probably be more of the same.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2022, 11:27:59 am »
Fifa done that with the first ever Ultimate Team, think they released it around April as paid DLC.

Back when it was a good old fashioned sticker collecting type of game, with no micro transactions.
AHA!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2022, 01:55:11 pm »
Fifa done that with the first ever Ultimate Team, think they released it around April as paid DLC.

Back when it was a good old fashioned sticker collecting type of game, with no micro transactions.

The first time they introduced ultimate team was in a standalone Champions League game back in 2006 iirc.

Was a great game that.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2022, 03:03:47 pm »
I must be the only one who's never played Ultimate Team. Just seems too arcadey and time-consuming.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2022, 03:32:31 pm »
The first time they introduced ultimate team was in a standalone Champions League game back in 2006 iirc.

Was a great game that.
Absolutely class that was. Loved it.

I'd personally be willing to pay for an Ultimate Team - style manager mode game as a separate game if it had as much content as that game did. Shame they abandoned that format but the way they do it now is obviously more effective in a monetary sense.

PES on DS years ago did a brilliant rip-off that was even more fun, where you got subbuteo-style versions of players from those machines and it was addictive. They never carried that idea forward in that form either.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2022, 10:35:08 pm »
I must be the only one who's never played Ultimate Team. Just seems too arcadey and time-consuming.

I've never played it, but then again I've only had 2 FIFA titles in the last decade ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2022, 10:48:10 pm »
I've never played it, but then again I've only had 2 FIFA titles in the last decade ;D

I'm the same, only got FIFA 18 because it was included with the PS4, got FIFA 20 when it was on discount during lockdown, only played a few matches offline, never bothered with FUT & all that shit, used to be big FIFA fan back in the day [first FIFA title was FIFA 95], because the editions were fun to play.
#Sausages

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2022, 10:07:09 pm »
Though the answer is probably no, is there a way to filter against only manual control players on FUT? I meant to try that game mode but not against pingy pongy assisted players.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2022, 02:03:21 am »
FIFA 23

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TUamiLX6gp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TUamiLX6gp4</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2022, 07:37:10 pm »
first half hour of trial thank fuck i didn't buy it . same game again . don't know how still not 9 subs on bench and only 3 subs allowed on . bloody basics like
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2022, 07:45:07 pm »
The only way FIFA will change is if people don't buy it, I loved it and bought it every year until Ultimate Team started, bought it maybe twice since, it's just a money printing machine for EA, and predatory as fuck, I've heard of kids spending thousands of pounds on packs to get a competitive team for that particular mode, fucking scandalous.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2022, 12:09:35 pm »
I used to be Pro Evo fan. I bought it every year until one year, I just didn't have it in me to edit the team names.

I bought fifa.

I loved the licenses and all the leagues. I just play career mode so I really enjoyed it for a couple of years. Now they are scamming everyone of us, every year, for the same game.

I had a dabble on Efootball 2023 last night. It plays so, SO much better than fifa ever has. Every player felt different to control and every attribute seems to count.

My dream would be if they could pick up the licenses.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2022, 02:07:12 pm »
Is 23 out now?

First I won’t have bought in years. I’ll give it a go when it comes to Game Pass next year. Based on how much time I got out of 22, it’s just not worth it to me anymore, it’s so stagnant and just doesn’t represent a good game of football.

The fact they can’t even be arsed to update the size of benches and sub amounts is literally unacceptable. I’m glad EA are losing the name and whoever takes up the reigns to compete with EA’s football game, I hope they smash them with a better product.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2022, 02:24:44 pm »
If you have Gamepass there is a free 10 hour trail starting today apparently. I'm at work, so can't check.
"Salahs in here......"

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2022, 02:57:25 pm »
If you have Gamepass there is a free 10 hour trail starting today apparently. I'm at work, so can't check.

EA play is 79p on both consoles at the moment too so another way to get the 10 hour trial for those who want to give to a go without committing to the full game.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2022, 05:17:28 pm »
Think I'm gonna buy it mostly because it's the last one named Fifa. It'll be EA Sports FC from next year
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2022, 05:45:38 pm »
I’ll try and not make the same mistake and update the game. FIFA is almost always quite ok at launch, then it’s ruined by updates after children start complaining about it being slow and whatever. Since I don’t play online it should be ok.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2022, 06:34:29 pm »
It needs a massive update on the ‘keepers, that I do know. Far too many one on ones go in and a lot seem to go in the middle of the goal.
AHA!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2022, 08:22:58 pm »
Darwin looks shit. Not playing it.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2022, 08:55:46 pm »
Can’t access it. Server issue or something.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2022, 10:04:48 pm »
Can’t access it. Server issue or something.
Yeah same. What a pain in the arse. Apparently its quite decent and there's a few new cool additions.

Just read that you can choose to start a career mode as a real manager which for me is exciting.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2022, 11:30:48 pm »
Darwin looks shit. Not playing it.
he is an absolute machine in the game though 😅.

game is way better then my initial impression. prob will get ruined with patches though . 5 sub rule is in game but fair annoying only allowed 7 subs on bench , surely can't be that hard add more
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2022, 07:41:06 pm »
Unbelievably, I still can't get on this game. Can't connect to EAs servers. What an absolute shit show.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2022, 09:21:09 pm »
Unbelievably, I still can't get on this game. Can't connect to EAs servers. What an absolute shit show.

That’s not that unbelievable
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2022, 09:44:34 pm »
I tried some things and one of them worked, it was either logging in as a guest then switching to my prime account when prompted, or selecting VIEW IN STORE when loading game, then clicking launch trial from there.

In any case, my early impressions are that it may be the laziest spitting in the face of anyone not playing FUT ever. Almost everything I hate about the gameplay is pronounced or made worse somehow. Passing on manual is curbed and less manual, it is often slightly tweaking the inputs to get the ‘desireable outcome’. AI attacking is still depressingly one-dimensional, yet made worse by increased deciseveness in achieving their ultimate goal of passing the ball to a striker parked on my penalty spot. They often succeed because there is no way to defend in this game, switching is too slow, defenders keep falling back into keepers lap and switching off completely when ball passes them by. All combines for some shocking scorelines. I’ve had 4-4, 5-8, 3-5 etc, often 5+ goals in first half with 1-2 star teams. Players again DO NOT tire ever, at all. Entire team ends the game in green stamina bar. So yeah, it is as everyone expected - a lazy repackage from the masters of doing least for most money.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2022, 10:48:05 pm »
Never played it either. I don't even know what it is if I'm being honest.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2022, 10:57:02 pm »
Played a few hours off the trial thing.. first year I've not pre-ordered in the summer and nothing has convinced me to pay on payday tomorrow for it... awful games and the amount of times you get close to an objective and it mysteriously doesn't count... fouled as you cross and score.. pulled back for a free kick... sealing a win in added time.. they quit and it just says "we need to review" and gives you objective completions but not the win/Rivals win

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2022, 06:45:51 am »
Shooting is way overpowered right now, feels like you tap it and it just flies into the net with a crazy amount of power. Because of that some score lines are whack because the goalie just has no chance to save anything.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2022, 09:17:38 am »
I played the trial, I’ll wait eight or so months for Gamepass. Incremental updates for £60, mental.