Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19693 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
FIFA Series
« on: July 22, 2021, 06:20:23 pm »
NEW | Career mode in #FIFA22

- Design your own kit
- Design your own Badge
- Design your stadium
- New transfer market system
- In depth pro development career
- New Youth pro development system

And Alex Scott as a commentator
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 02:33:10 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 11:49:24 pm »
NEW | Career mode in #FIFA22

- Design your own kit
Thank fuck for that. Does me tits in playing in the same away kit season.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 12:08:40 am »
Any gameplay changes?

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 08:48:09 am »
Fuck sakes, Alex Scott.

Plenty of good female pundits out there that they could have chosen but they go for her, does my fucking head in.

No worse than Lee Dixon though, I suppose.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:48:54 am »
Just give me a good football game for once.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 10:33:41 am »
Any gameplay changes?

New animations, new burst sprint mechanic to help you get past players with pace.

Dev walkthrough showed off some new AI changes but then in the next scene, show’s you defenders just standing and watching as a striker makes a run and they don’t attempt to track him or the ball.

So same shit with a new coat of paint.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 10:53:19 am »
Fuck sakes, Alex Scott.

Plenty of good female pundits out there that they could have chosen but they go for her, does my fucking head in.

No worse than Lee Dixon though, I suppose.

I prefer her over most pundits, I think she's good.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 03:34:02 pm »
New animations, new burst sprint mechanic to help you get past players with pace.

Dev walkthrough showed off some new AI changes but then in the next scene, show’s you defenders just standing and watching as a striker makes a run and they don’t attempt to track him or the ball.

Re: defensive movement, I think it's hard to balance, really. You don't want defenders tracking everything or else there's little human input required. One of the craziest things on the current games is that it's often harder to score against someone who puts their pad down than it is if they actively defend. It's difficult to say from video previews how the game would actually play.

A big hope of mine is that they do away with the need for so many skill moves. Clever passing and left stick dribbling isn't sufficient on the current games. Maybe this new sprint mechanic will provide another weapon for good players to master, yet still resemble something like football. If you play beyond a certain level on 21 you seldom see any goals scored that don't involve a skill move. That's not football.

Importantly, they mentioned in this preview that they've implemented a similar speed burst for defenders. My hope is that they're at least thinking of equipping you with some tools in defence to actually do something. Defending shouldn't just be about mirroring your opponent as he does a million skill moves, then winning 6-3. There's also one clip in there which seems to show second man press sprinting towards the opponent, so hopefully that makes a return. Defending should be more about retaining shape, clever positioning and covering teammates, and doing away with the second man press being in any way effective really, really reduced the skill gap IMO. If a menu tactic can make your team pressing machines that can trouble far superior players then there's something very, very wrong.

I don't think there can be much room for optimism based on recent years, but I do think from the previews that the game at least looks quite different. And it can hardly get any worse, so I'm open to radical changes. What is clear is that they're giving zero attention to current gen, and I have no interest in a game that plays similarly to 21. I'll be picking up the next gen version on Stadia, I think.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 05:31:52 pm »
Have they added contracts in the player career yet?  :D

One of the stupidest omissions I've seen from a football game.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 05:08:26 am »

FiFA the same shit with a new coat of paint?! Surely you jest sir?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 01:45:29 pm »
FiFA the same shit with a new coat of paint?! Surely you jest sir?

One does not jest on matters such as these sir, tis but a new coat of fine emulsion on what was once the sticky due of the morn pile of manure.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 11:30:25 am »
FIFA died for me, when they started Ultimate Team, can't we just have a football game where everything is available on the disc?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 10:53:44 am »
FIFA died for me, when they started Ultimate Team, can't we just have a football game where everything is available on the disc?
Ultimate Team was fine until about 13 when it became such a juggernaut, that every game after that became almost entirely geared towards that mode.

Shout out to the UCL game where the career mode was based around Ultimate Team cards (the first appearance of it I believe), it was good fun and had some PES Master League vibes to it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 01:09:48 pm »
Bought every one since RTWC 98. Keep thinking this is the year I don't buy it. That'll come true eventually.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 01:15:43 pm »
Bought every one since RTWC 98. Keep thinking this is the year I don't buy it. That'll come true eventually.

Hope so!

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 07:24:13 pm »
They've sent me a code for the closed beta. Ultimate Team and Kick Off modes.

PS5 version, so it'll be interesting to see if it's as much of a jump over last year's version on next gen as they're saying.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 08:48:40 pm »
Yeah me and my son got one too. Mine is kick off and career mode. See how it plays..

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 11:26:09 pm »
Got one too. Will defo give it a shot.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 11:49:53 pm »
Pro clubs for me

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 03:24:49 pm »
Pro clubs for me
Mine is career mode. That's the only mode I ever play. Never tried any other mode.

Is pro clubs your most played?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 03:45:21 pm »
Looks like they finally opened the beta up for people outside of the UK and US. I used to get the beta every year until I moved away from the UK in 2015. First time I've been invited since - got FUT, Career Mode, Volta, Pro Clubs and Kick-Off. I've got no interest in Volta or playing offline, but it's a very nice surprise to be able to try out FUT and Pro Clubs.

It's on Xbox One, though. Not a chance I'll be buying the full game unless I go next-gen.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 11:34:32 pm »
Looks like Robertson has a new facescan. He used to look so young on previous FIFA's ;D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2021, 06:18:36 am »
I prefer the way it plays over last year's anyway. Less ping-pongy and keepers are noticeably improved. Bit more weight over the passes and a better breakdown at half time and full time. AI seems to like the cut back into the box a bit too much though.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2021, 05:42:40 pm »
I know the gameplay isn't always great which is obviously the most important thing, but the presentation they have in it is absolutely unbelievable.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2021, 09:20:19 pm »
Looks like Robertson has a new facescan. He used to look so young on previous FIFA's ;D
Jones, Tsmikas and Jota too.

Overall though the game is a fucking joke. Someone needs to stop them realising a game every year. It's a damn right piss take. EA are taking the piss out of everyone that buys it.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2021, 10:23:46 am »
Another meh FIFA game. Same thing gets re-released every year. Haven't played in years now as its even more soul-less and morally bereft (loot boxes anyone) than the real game has become.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 09:20:56 am »
I know I shouldn’t bother as the game will do my head in haha but has anyone managed to find anywhere selling the next gen version for under £60?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2021, 10:33:20 am »
I know I shouldn’t bother as the game will do my head in haha but has anyone managed to find anywhere selling the next gen version for under £60?

https://pricespy.co.uk/games-consoles/computer-video-games/ps5/fifa-22-ps5--p5840940
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 11:47:46 am »
Early access starting today I think for people who have EA Play or Gamepass Ultimate

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 12:26:24 pm »
Early access starting today I think for people who have EA Play or Gamepass Ultimate

Yep, 10 days play apparently, 48gb download on Series X.  Not sure Ill bother this year.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2021, 12:50:16 pm »
10 hours, it is. Although it’s available on both gen versions. So effectively 20 hours.
AHA!

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2021, 12:55:53 pm »

Game Collection on Ebay and then use the PURCHASE4LESS code and get it for £43 on PS5/XBOX Series X.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384407296157?mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&siteid=3&campid=5336549684&customid=2236682621&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384409103832?ViewItem=&item=384409103832

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 11:33:02 am »
Yep, 10 days play apparently, 48gb download on Series X.  Not sure Ill bother this year.

32 for me on the Series X even though it said 48. Guessing they're holding back some things in the trial version.

But yeah indistinguishable gameplay-wise from 21. I'm sure there's more features and career mode upgrades and FUT and shit that I don't really play.

Sadly I'm probably gonna buy it anyway since it's the longest running tradition in my life at this point, longer than even supporting the mighty reds

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2021, 12:02:34 am »
Feels like it's in slow motion. AI is garbage like always, keeping the ball and forcing you into doing through balls.

Won't be giving them my money :)

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 11:27:24 am »
Game Collection on Ebay and then use the PURCHASE4LESS code and get it for £43 on PS5/XBOX Series X.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384407296157?mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&siteid=3&campid=5336549684&customid=2236682621&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384409103832?ViewItem=&item=384409103832

That codes expired now, £43 would have been nice lol.

Cheapest I can see everywhere else is £55. Any other deals going?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2021, 11:28:50 am »
Have Gamepass on my PC so kicked off the ten day trial

My top of the line PC, with an RTX 3080 card in it

I fire up FIFA 22 and it looks worse than PES 2019. Trent looks like a PS2 era character

Then I find out they are giving PC users the last gen (PS4) version and it's missing all the next gen stuff

CHEERS EA you had one chance to pick me up as someone let down by what PES has become and you do this

Back to modding PES 2021

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2021, 06:51:36 am »
32 for me on the Series X even though it said 48. Guessing they're holding back some things in the trial version.

But yeah indistinguishable gameplay-wise from 21. I'm sure there's more features and career mode upgrades and FUT and shit that I don't really play.

Sadly I'm probably gonna buy it anyway since it's the longest running tradition in my life at this point, longer than even supporting the mighty reds

I actually think the gameplay is a bit smoother on this. But the menus etc. is basically a reskin.

It's actually bonkers that this game is released annually, with very little updates and we're paying full price every time.

FIFA should just be one game, with annual DLC/Seasons for a fraction of the cost.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2021, 09:22:36 am »
I will probably do what I usually do and buy one game every few years.

The thing is I actually find it quite boring to just play match after match in single player, I love FIFA for playing with mates but that’s not a good enough reason to throw £50 at it each year as I don’t get to play it with mates anywhere near enough.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2021, 10:20:11 am »
Can’t believe people still buy this game. It’s terrible, the gameplay essentially hasn’t changed for about 10 years! Think it was 12 that brought in the new defending system(?), that was the last big change. Wish people would stop buying it then they might actually throw their hundreds of millions at developing a new engine from scratch.