Author Topic: Farcry 6  (Read 3300 times)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Farcry 6
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2022, 09:21:44 am »
One thing that got me thinking while playing FC6 is how fire still behaves in quite a realistic way and expands on grass, trees and everything else that burns. I remember it being a big deal when Far Cry 2 came out and everyone was going on about how realistic the fire is and how you can even use it to capture checkpoints and fight enemies. And to be fair, it did work pretty well back then. But even in Far Cry 6 I really like the fire and it's kind of weird that it isn't really mentioned or that fire is never really used in that way in other games.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2022, 09:44:22 am »
I'm currently playing my first Far Cry game which is number 5 as it was on Gamepass.

Really enjoying it and I am currently in the last third of the game waging war in John's region.

Its quite a decent game just to pick up and do something of value which progresses the story without too much time spent on it, which is great for how I currently game.

I think the character design is excellent and it can be equally disturbing, yet hilarious in places.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2022, 10:14:19 am »
There's one gameplay element I hated in Far Cry 5 that made me stop playing it. Haven't encountered anything like it in FC6 so far and I hope it stays that way.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2022, 11:04:32 am »
3 and 4 are generally considered the best. One is to old now and lacks so many features compared to a modern title. Two is actually quite good still but will obviously be dated, although it has a really annoying situation that you're suffering from Malaria and have to send the entire game taking tablets oh and enemy respawn is bad.

So yeah 3 and 4 considered the best by most people

Cheers - is the plot important to know from 1 and 2 and how long do you reckon finishing it would take?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2022, 11:06:18 am »
They’re all totally new stories (might be the odd Easter Egg for previous games), so no real knowledge needed.
AHA!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2022, 11:38:24 am »
Cheers - is the plot important to know from 1 and 2 and how long do you reckon finishing it would take?

As Gerrardisgod says, not needed at all, 3 and 4 much better games and self contained really, but gaming like film and music isn't it, all subjective.

If not sure then I'd pick them up on a key site as 3 and 4 should be dirt cheap nowadays depending on format

https://www.dlcompare.co.uk/games/312/cd-key-download-far-cry-3

https://www.dlcompare.co.uk/games/1257/digital-download-far-cry-4-key-retail

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2022, 12:04:16 pm »
Nice I'll take a look, ta.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2022, 01:13:39 pm »
I disagree that 3 and 4 are the best. 5 and 6 are technically better games, I find. More fluid, more customization and better maps.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2022, 03:13:16 pm »
I disagree that 3 and 4 are the best. 5 and 6 are technically better games, I find. More fluid, more customization and better maps.

As I say, subjective isn't it! I find 5 really good but some terrible game ideas like being hunted, no matter where you are and what you're doing, you're getting captured :/

and 6 is just really dumbed down and far to easy

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2022, 07:02:20 pm »
There's one gameplay element I hated in Far Cry 5 that made me stop playing it. Haven't encountered anything like it in FC6 so far and I hope it stays that way.
Go on....!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2022, 07:20:53 pm »
Go on....!

As the post above yours says. I hated the thing where you're being hunted and even get captured so you have to fight your way out of some location. I hated that and read that it would happen another time so I just quit playing.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2022, 07:32:03 pm »
As the post above yours says. I hated the thing where you're being hunted and even get captured so you have to fight your way out of some location. I hated that and read that it would happen another time so I just quit playing.

Flashbacks! Agree with that, those were a bit of a chore compared to the rest of it. Took me a few goes to get out of one of them.

Overall though I really enjoyed 5, the setting really helped.

I downloaded 6 in the recent PS sale so will get stuck into that soon. I find FC games the equivalent of a big dumb blockbuster movie, which is exactly what you need sometimes!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2022, 07:41:05 pm »
If you're getting withdrawal disorder, you get Nacho in 3 and Gus in 6.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2022, 11:35:48 am »
I find FC games the equivalent of a big dumb blockbuster movie, which is exactly what you need sometimes!

Yeah, it really is. Just light-hearted and simple fun on every level.

What I really like about the Far Cry games is that they let you do your own thing in terms of whether you like stealth or guns-blazing, while in other games it's often either or. I'll just try and take over bases and do stuff stealthily, but when things go tits up, because you didn't realise there was a guy standing around the corner who then spots you, you can still start throwing grenades and do all the wild stuff.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2022, 03:26:54 pm »
I find FC games the equivalent of a big dumb blockbuster movie, which is exactly what you need sometimes!
Spot on, mate. An accurate description. I tend to free roam. Go hunting with a bow, fish for a bit, go on a killing spree to shake things up and maybe look for hidden treasure to calm down a bit. What I loved about FC5 were the Guns for Hire. Each had their own missions, backstory and dialogue. I cannot understand why that was removed in FC6!