Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3275516 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #36840 on: June 25, 2022, 11:20:26 am »
Currently they are the most toxic club in Europe. I'm not surprised that every player is trying to stay away from them.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36841 on: June 25, 2022, 11:46:48 am »
I thought theyd go on a huge recruitment drive and splash the cash this summer, a bit surprised that theyve done no business. I do understand players not wanting to join them, they can get paid good money anywhere so no need to settle for a banter club. I mean ballon dor winning contract clauses, the fuck is all that about.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36842 on: June 25, 2022, 11:51:55 am »
I thought theyd go on a huge recruitment drive and splash the cash this summer, a bit surprised that theyve done no business. I do understand players not wanting to join them, they can get paid good money anywhere so no need to settle for a banter club. I mean ballon dor winning contract clauses, the fuck is all that about.
All the players they've approached so far have rejected them because word on the street is that they are toxic.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36843 on: June 25, 2022, 12:01:35 pm »
Lol, most football hacks are such bullshitters. Emperor's New Clothes all the time

Michael Cox was pretty much alone in pointing out that Rangnick would probably be shit.

That Melissa Reddy tweet is fucking hilarious.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36844 on: June 25, 2022, 12:08:26 pm »
Michael Cox was pretty much alone in pointing out that Rangnick would probably be shit.

If I recall correctly, basically everyone was wetting themselves after Ragnick's first game in charge. It was comical and way over the top at the time, not just in hindsight.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36845 on: June 25, 2022, 02:28:47 pm »
It was such a strange appointment and he seemed to have just used the role to leverage into the Austrian job.

Wonderful isn't it. The Manchester United managerial post is now seen as a stepping stone to the big Austria role.  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36846 on: June 25, 2022, 02:56:56 pm »

Even more hilarious considering it was Man United 0 v 0 Crystal Palace at the time and in a fairly even game in which Palace should have taken the lead before Fred scored a 1 in a million (for him) goal.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36847 on: June 25, 2022, 03:37:38 pm »
If I recall correctly, basically everyone was wetting themselves after Ragnick's first game in charge. It was comical and way over the top at the time, not just in hindsight.

You mean the "Godfather of Gegenpress" was too much?

And that he taught Klopp and Tuchel all they knew about management - also too much?

No way!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #36848 on: June 25, 2022, 06:09:58 pm »
Still Disneyland.

yep, nothing to see here
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36849 on: June 25, 2022, 06:44:06 pm »
As a club they are the very definition of all fur coat and no knickers. They strut round like they are still the big cheese of world football but in reality they are a shell of a club that’s been hollowed out by a host owner who has bled them dry.
You're spot on with almost all of that, but I'd stop well short of pinning most of it on the current owner ''bleeding them dry.''

They've spent an absolutely obscene amount on players and managers. They've not exactly tightened the purse strings. They've handed over wads of cash every time the entitled fanbase has rioted or sent bomb threats to their own players. They brought the prodigal son back 'home' as requested too.

I think the facts are that the club simply reached the end of its success cycle and went into the natural decline that affects us all at some point in time. They had their time in the sun (Ferguson era) but their sheer arrogance and monstrous ego meant they were sneering towards the lessons of other clubs' declines. Basically, they thought they had made it, and that was that. They'd arrived and were now well established and wouldn't or couldn't be moved. This flies in the face of what human history tells us, and you snub the lessons of history at your peril. All empires fall, but they thought theirs was above all that. Well, it wasn't and it isn't.

They endured (without a scrap of grace) the Liverpool FC empire built on the foundations laid by Bill Shankly. They saw it rise to previously unimaginable peaks and sustain for a couple of decades. They also witnessed the inevitable, eventual decline too. There were many lessons to be learned from observing our rise to such heights, and just as many to learn from looking at how it eventually fell into relative decline. United thought they were above learning such lessons. Another problem for them was their success wasn't built on United values, it was built on Ferguson values. Ferguson was the rug beneath their feet, and once pulled from under them United had no firm foundations of their own to stand upon. Since then, they've acted like headless chickens from boardroom to fanbase, trying to recreate the past.

Basically, the entire mindset of the club and fanbase is wrong. This goes far, far deeper than the ownership. An ownership that has thrown billions at the problem. The lot of them have bought into their own ludicrous hype and indulged their egos for too long. They have no humility and, as a result, learn virtually nothing at all from their experience and the experiences of others they observe. It's not their ownership that's killing them. It's the Man United psyche itself that's doing the real damage.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #36850 on: June 25, 2022, 07:33:19 pm »
As a club they are the very definition of all fur coat and no knickers. They strut round like they are still the big cheese of world football but in reality they are a shell of a club that’s been hollowed out by a host owner who has bled them dry.

The arrogance is just who they are. They might support the other lot in the city but they have the persona of the Gallagher brothers. Arrogance personified and an inflated sense of worth at all times, much like the city itself. They might not like the Glazers but they weren't arsed when they were still winning titles, they are arsed now because City and Liverpool are and they aren't. Whenever they make a shiny big signing they shut up for a while and show off with it.

Obviously they're one of the biggest clubs but take out the Ferguson and Busby years and they have a mediocre history outside of the achievements of those two men.

It's like this new desperation to 'rebuild Old Trafford'. Okay it's not as plush as new builds in North London but it's still been extensively rebuilt through the PL era and has a capacity of 76k which we'd bite your hand off for. But because it's not the shiniest ground around they can't handle it, especially when Liverpool are putting up new stands (rather than being able to look down on us, while we fucked the rebuild up in the 90s while they knocked it out the park).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36851 on: June 25, 2022, 08:49:39 pm »
It's like this new desperation to 'rebuild Old Trafford'. Okay it's not as plush as new builds in North London but it's still been extensively rebuilt through the PL era and has a capacity of 76k which we'd bite your hand off for. But because it's not the shiniest ground around they can't handle it, especially when Liverpool are putting up new stands (rather than being able to look down on us, while we fucked the rebuild up in the 90s while they knocked it out the park).

Isn't it actually a bit leaky and slightly knackered these days, while the full rebuild plan is clearly idiotic, they need a refurb due to inadequate ongoing maintenance in recent years.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36852 on: June 25, 2022, 08:51:14 pm »
You mean the "Godfather of Gegenpress" was too much?

And that he taught Klopp and Tuchel all they knew about management - also too much?

No way!

Ha ha, true:

Jurgen Klopp is a disciple but the Liverpool boss evidently did not get his pre-match tradition of observing the opposition warm-up from his fellow German.

This did amuse me as well:

After the storm that engulfed them in Solskjaer's last days at the helm, the skies have now cleared, which at least allows Rangnick to plot a way forward.

There is evidently a long path ahead to get close to Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea, who are a class apart, but at least United can see where it is, which has not always been the case this season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59542670.amp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36853 on: June 25, 2022, 08:57:40 pm »
Isn't it actually a bit leaky and slightly knackered these days, while the full rebuild plan is clearly idiotic, they need a refurb due to inadequate ongoing maintenance in recent years.

It does need more general maintenance as it's been slack, they've started to do this, but it's this idea they need to basically build a new stadium, essentially for their own vanity. It sticks in the craw that Old Trafford has never really been seen as an iconic ground like Anfield is, particularly in Europe. They could still lord it over us though due to the capacities and how outdated Anfield was, but now we've caught up somewhat.

San Siro and Camp Nou are examples of grounds that were and are iconic but do need extensive rebuilds. San Siro has barely been touched since the 1990 World Cup though and Camp Nou probably the 1982 World Cup save for making it all seater. Old Trafford has been comprehensively rebuilt since then, save for perhaps one side of the ground that backs onto a railway line.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 09:03:48 pm by Fromola »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #36854 on: June 25, 2022, 10:33:38 pm »
I am surprised they allowed City to sign Phillips for £45m when they needed a midfielder and has a habit of signing players so as to prevent their neighbours from signing them.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36855 on: June 25, 2022, 10:34:30 pm »
I am surprised they allowed City to sign Phillips for £45m when they needed a midfielder and has a habit of signing players so as to prevent their neighbours from signing them.
Phillips told them where to go.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36856 on: June 25, 2022, 10:51:05 pm »
Phillips told them where to go.

Disneyland?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #36857 on: June 25, 2022, 11:17:41 pm »

For Utd fans it's important he went to Manchester. That's all that matters. They're not neighbours anymore, they're brothers.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #36858 on: June 25, 2022, 11:33:58 pm »
Is this going to be this seasons thread that keeps on giving ? How many seasons in a row will that be ? Because its been giving since the moysiah was there.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36859 on: June 26, 2022, 12:40:23 am »
We underestimated what was going to happen apparently 😂

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #36860 on: June 26, 2022, 01:26:25 am »
We underestimated what was going to happen apparently 😂

We all underestimated what was going to happen. Never in our wildest dreams did we think Ralf would be THIS good. :lmao

Redcafe discussing Glazers dividends. Expect the Norwich scarves to appear very, very soon. This time they can't afford to wait for our fixture, the fans will be in the ground destroying seats way before that. Being classy and all.  ::)
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36861 on: June 26, 2022, 01:48:08 am »
We all underestimated what was going to happen. Never in our wildest dreams did we think Ralf would be THIS good. :lmao

Redcafe discussing Glazers dividends. Expect the Norwich scarves to appear very, very soon. This time they can't afford to wait for our fixture, the fans will be in the ground destroying seats way before that. Being classy and all.  ::)
With six fingohs they can destroy property faster than normal people possessing only 5.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36862 on: June 26, 2022, 08:27:17 am »
Chelsea’s Boehly meets with Ronaldo agent Mendes as Manchester United future discussed

https://theathletic.com/3383475/2022/06/25/ronaldo-chelsea-boehly-mendes/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36863 on: June 26, 2022, 09:46:40 am »
However, although he (Ronaldo)finished third in the Premier League's Golden Boot standings with 18 goals, there were claims that his presence prevented United from adopting a high-pressing game, which contributed to their dismal form.

Because that's the reason
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36864 on: June 26, 2022, 11:13:04 am »
Chelsea’s Boehly meets with Ronaldo agent Mendes as Manchester United future discussed

https://theathletic.com/3383475/2022/06/25/ronaldo-chelsea-boehly-mendes/

If Ronaldo leaves them for Chelsea, it will help them in footballing terms, but it will be a massive hit for their brand ...

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36865 on: June 26, 2022, 11:16:50 am »
Ronaldo loves the club. He won't leave them (again).

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36866 on: June 26, 2022, 11:17:43 am »

Yeah, he won’t make that mistake again.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36867 on: June 26, 2022, 11:21:04 am »

I don't think he gives a fuck about them, and he will be losing a lot of money from his personal commercial deals by not playing for a CL club ...

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36868 on: June 26, 2022, 11:32:35 am »
I don't think he gives a fuck about them, and he will be losing a lot of money from his personal commercial deals by not playing for a CL club ...

Oh I agree, I just suddenly remembered all the euphoria about him coming 'home' last summer.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36869 on: June 26, 2022, 11:43:56 am »
It does need more general maintenance as it's been slack, they've started to do this, but it's this idea they need to basically build a new stadium, essentially for their own vanity. It sticks in the craw that Old Trafford has never really been seen as an iconic ground like Anfield is, particularly in Europe. They could still lord it over us though due to the capacities and how outdated Anfield was, but now we've caught up somewhat.

San Siro and Camp Nou are examples of grounds that were and are iconic but do need extensive rebuilds. San Siro has barely been touched since the 1990 World Cup though and Camp Nou probably the 1982 World Cup save for making it all seater. Old Trafford has been comprehensively rebuilt since then, save for perhaps one side of the ground that backs onto a railway line.
It's definitely down to vanity.

They've always believed that biggest is best. Thing is, it's not. I remember going to Camp Nou and being shocked at the state of it. Big? Yes. Fantastic stadium? No. Old Trafford is similar. I've never been impressed with it. Not that I'm particularly arsed about stadium aesthetics anyway, but it's just that I thought the hype over the place never reflected the reality of it.

Funnily enough, the Mancs seem to be falling into the same trap as our blueshite neighbours. Thinking a new stadium, or a heavily remodelled one, suddenly makes them relevant again. It smacks of straw-clutching to me.

There isn't much wrong at OT that adequate routine maintenance wouldn't fix, but being who they are they feel they need to make a statement. Thing is, despite being of smaller capacity, Anfield is far more iconic than OT ever was and ever will be. It's the most iconic club stadium in England with the most famous end in world football.

Everything about the Mancs is dick-swinging. Now they are barely relevant on the field of play, they start talking of grand new stadiums or lavish refurbs. As always with these, is about ego, preening and vanity.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36870 on: June 26, 2022, 11:49:54 am »

One last dance...
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36871 on: June 26, 2022, 12:31:24 pm »
This is kind of arrogant shite these, living in the past, dickheads still believe.

Biggest team in the world bollocks and who the fuck still parks the bus against them?  They're so shite even championship clubs are prepared to have a go.

Fuck sake, talk about manc tinted glasses, these lot are fucking blind 😂😂😂😂

Can’t see him choosing Brentford over us unless he’s worried about game time. That’s the only problem that will stop him from joining us. Not often you get a chance to play for one of the biggest teams in the world, he should be grabbing it with both hands. If he stays at Brentford he’ll know he’s the main man where if he comes to us he won’t be, he’ll still be a very important player though. Imagine the creativity in our team if he joins, will definitely help us against teams that come and park the bus against us.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36872 on: June 26, 2022, 12:49:03 pm »

He was willing to go to City last year. How much City wanted him is debatable but it made United beg him to come back 12 years after he fucked them off. He'd never have gone back if he knew how bad they were. Finishing 2nd the previous year (via the most ridiculously biased refereeing and empty stadiums) covered up the cracks.

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36873 on: June 26, 2022, 01:20:52 pm »
The toon are getting in on the act

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36874 on: June 26, 2022, 02:44:21 pm »

£81m for the toon defence.  That's £1m for every person killed in the mass one-day Saudi execution in March...

Fuck the toon. 

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36875 on: June 26, 2022, 02:46:25 pm »
This is kind of arrogant shite these, living in the past, dickheads still believe.

Biggest team in the world bollocks and who the fuck still parks the bus against them?  They're so shite even championship clubs are prepared to have a go.

Fuck sake, talk about manc tinted glasses, these lot are fucking blind 😂😂😂😂

Can’t see him choosing Brentford over us unless he’s worried about game time. That’s the only problem that will stop him from joining us. Not often you get a chance to play for one of the biggest teams in the world, he should be grabbing it with both hands. If he stays at Brentford he’ll know he’s the main man where if he comes to us he won’t be, he’ll still be a very important player though. Imagine the creativity in our team if he joins, will definitely help us against teams that come and park the bus against us.

Do teams park the bus against Utd?!  Why the fuck would any team do that?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36876 on: June 26, 2022, 02:59:09 pm »

Exactly mate but they still see themselves as they were in the early to mid 2000s where every team, referee, the FA and the PL were terrified of them and every player would fall over themselves to play for them.

They're just bitter gobshites that have sunk lower than the Titanic 😁

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36877 on: June 26, 2022, 03:01:32 pm »
allows their players more time to chuckle, I imagine.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #36878 on: June 26, 2022, 03:07:09 pm »
They should really wait maybe two years before they start the piss taking considering the purchases they're going to have to make and overpay on to move up the table
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36879 on: June 26, 2022, 03:18:21 pm »
They should really wait maybe two years before they start the piss taking considering the purchases they're going to have to make and overpay on to move up the table

They moved up the table pretty swiftly after their January signings.  3rd behind us and city for points won I believe.