Author Topic: Bloodborne PS4  (Read 22414 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bloodborne PS4
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 05:49:46 am »
Been playing since 4 this morning and loving it so far, finding it difficult though

Need to get a few hours sleep now

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 10:38:31 am »
Been watching streams for it and fuck me does it look boring.

Graphics are gorgeous is somewhat unvaried on the colour pallette, but the actual gameplay looks boring as hell.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 11:51:16 am »
Sooooo psyched for this... quote from below review.. "yes, they basically put the material system from Final Fantasy 7 in the game"  :scarf  :lickin

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Bloodborne/index.html

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 12:13:44 pm »
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:16:52 pm by Living Legends »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:33 pm »
Been watching streams for it and fuck me does it look boring.

Graphics are gorgeous is somewhat unvaried on the colour pallette, but the actual gameplay looks boring as hell.

Potatoes gonna potate.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:52:09 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 10:50:23 pm »
Looks creepy as fuck in that trailer. Going to have to have a wank to get my mind off that shit before bed.  ;)

Give us an update when people have played it.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 01:06:04 am »
hard as fuck, first boss was easy but can i fuck beat the 2nd one, get it's health down to 50% then it transforms and just twats me

might need to do some grinding to level up a bit

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:43 am »
hard as fuck, first boss was easy but can i fuck beat the 2nd one, get it's health down to 50% then it transforms and just twats me

might need to do some grinding to level up a bit

Well I'm glad its challenging!

Although I can imagine some rage inducing moments ahead  ;D

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 07:53:35 am »

That's the whole point...:D
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »
Is it worth getting?!

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2015, 12:31:11 pm »

i wouldn't say the majority of enemies are challenging, most are easy to kill and only pose a threat when they're in large numbers and you're stupid enough to go wading in instead of picking them off a few at a time

Spoiler

only a few hours in and i've maxed out blood vials (health) and ammo, you can hold 20 of each in your inventory and when it's full the rest automatically go in to your storage chest up to a limit of 99, they're dropped so often it's almost impossible to run out, so there's not really any need to try and manage them carefully unlike ds1 where you started out with only a few uses of estus, also there's a regen system where if an enemy hits you a portion of your health fades but if you manage to kill it before the health disappears then you get it back, hopefully the difficulty of the bog standard enemies will improve but apart from a couple of werewolf things there's nothing that worries me from the start all the way up to the 2nd boss, it's impossible for me to die now unless i do something stupid, apart from that gripe i'm still enjoying it though
[close]

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2015, 12:49:26 pm »
Just caved in and ordered this.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:52 pm »
Is it worth getting?!

if you liked demon's souls & ds1/ds2 then yeah, it's more of the same

if you've not played any of them then watch some streams, it won't be everyone's cup of tea and can be infuriating if you're someone who likes running and gunning, i was watching a fella last night who hadn't played any of the others and must have died 30 or 40 times by stupidly running in to enemies and trying to button mash, at one point he was trying to get back to the area where you level up and got killed, you just heard his pad hit the floor or something and he lashed his headset and fucked off for 5 mins, funny as fuck to see and he was getting a bit of abuse in the comments

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2015, 01:37:00 pm »
i wouldn't say the majority of enemies are challenging, most are easy to kill and only pose a threat when they're in large numbers and you're stupid enough to go wading in instead of picking them off a few at a time

Spoiler

only a few hours in and i've maxed out blood vials (health) and ammo, you can hold 20 of each in your inventory and when it's full the rest automatically go in to your storage chest up to a limit of 99, they're dropped so often it's almost impossible to run out, so there's not really any need to try and manage them carefully unlike ds1 where you started out with only a few uses of estus, also there's a regen system where if an enemy hits you a portion of your health fades but if you manage to kill it before the health disappears then you get it back, hopefully the difficulty of the bog standard enemies will improve but apart from a couple of werewolf things there's nothing that worries me from the start all the way up to the 2nd boss, it's impossible for me to die now unless i do something stupid, apart from that gripe i'm still enjoying it though
[close]
Cheers mate, sounds good. I'm really tempted to watch twitch streams or YouTube vids of  it, but I'm gonna leave it till after I'm a few hours into it myself.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2015, 01:44:36 pm »
Watching the Twitch streams it looks very Dark Souls but all the environments that I've seen so far are monotone and samey. I also don't see much difference in characters or weapons, which seems a strange design choice as that was such a big part of the Souls experience. It's not the 'must buy a PS4' game that I was hoping for.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2015, 01:46:33 pm »
Haven't played Dark Souls or anything like that. Think I might give it a skip.

How is it in comparison to Shadow of Mordor?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2015, 01:50:29 pm »

Give this review a watch:
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/zeq6tw/bloodborne-review

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2015, 01:51:29 pm »
Give this review a watch:
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/zeq6tw/bloodborne-review

Ty, will have to go give it a watch when I get home.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2015, 02:03:06 pm »

it's nothing like shadow of mordor, no free running or climbing, combat is completely different as you have a stamina bar which goes down if you dodge or attack so can't just do combo after combo, instead you have to know when to back away and recover

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 02:06:10 pm »
I've never really been into the Souls games but I tried Dark Souls after the internet wanking about it forever, it finally clicked about 5 hours in (The Wire of gaming?). The world is immersive enough to keep you interested and the combat does become extremely addictive due to how rewarding it is when you master certain hurdles. It's one of those rare games that has me checking the wiki/guides often but that didn't ruin it for me.

For parts that are difficult it's worth remembering you can summon people into your world via the online features, I believe a lot of reviews aren't touching on this much as it's the norm in Souls games. The online component on this is fantastic really.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »
The online component on this is fantastic really.

... until someone invades your world! ;)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »
Is it worth getting?!
Yes. It will be a work of art. The producer is a genius. The games require effort but the reward is unlike anything you have played before. Just a pity this is PS4 exclusive and won't be coming to the PC.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2015, 07:32:17 pm »
ShopTo despatched mine today, so I should have it in hand tomorrow and the first day patch should be downloaded from PSN in time for Friday afternoon.   :)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »
finally beat the 2nd boss, father gascoigne

Spoiler
fucking frantic at the end, halfway through he transforms in to a beast thing and goes in to berserk mode, gives you barely a second to heal or use any items on him, i'd been getting battered by him all last night so was bricking it once i'd got within 1 hit of killing him, felt great once i'd nailed him
[close]

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2015, 10:34:01 pm »
anyone managed to pick this up instore anywhere? my mates all got it today in the post, i ordered it from game as i work close to one but its instore and they wont sell till friday. :/

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:00 pm »
Reddit on Bloodborne.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 06:45:26 am »
Reddit on Bloodborne.
Good read that, thanks. Perfectly describes how I feel about the games.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2015, 01:47:29 pm »
Eurogamer just published a review. Genius they said. Essential.

One geezer in the comments section put.."Here...take my child as part exchange for a PS4"

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 02:05:09 pm »
After so many deaths and getting pissed offed everytime, finally beat the first boss. Even with how frustrating it can be its a great game.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 04:09:27 pm »
ha ha

the first boss was a piece of piss compared to the 2nd and 3rd, managed to beat it first time, currently stuck on the 3rd, keep getting it down to within a couple of hits but can't quite finish it off

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 06:29:57 pm »
Got my copy, but going to wait till Monday and week off to have a session.

Also this:

From Software: Release Bloodborne for the Personalized Computing platform. https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2015, 06:45:54 pm »
Picked my copy up earlier. Got beers in and gonna play that tonight. Can't wait!

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2015, 07:47:01 pm »
3rd boss down
Spoiler
there's a npc summon just before you get to it, didn't bother with it on my previous attempts but decided to use it on my last attempt and pissed it, draws a lot of the agro and made it much easier

also you get a chalice for defeating it, not read anything about the game so had no idea what they are but you can use them to make procedurally generated dugeons, if it works then it's probably the best idea ever  ;)
[close]

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2015, 02:20:52 am »
Massive fan of the Souls series but just not into this at the moment, don't like that you have to farm vials/bullets and finding the 2nd boss absolutely infuriating. He's way to aggressive in his third phase, to the point that you just have to spam Molotov's at him.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2015, 04:14:02 am »
No need to farm vials or bullets they're dropped often enough,  2-3 hours in and I'd maxed them out in storage

Agree with the bosses though, think they need nerfing a bit so they're not quite as aggressive in the 2nd and 3rd phases

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2015, 08:52:41 am »
Played this for an hour last night, I'm enjoying it. Like the setting, weapon options, enemies. It's tough alright and the worst thing about dying is the length of time it takes to reload the level.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2015, 10:29:27 am »
It's tough alright and the worst thing about dying is the length of time it takes to reload the level.
That's a clincher for me. I'd happily keep restarting heists on GTA V whenever some tit abruptly leaves, but the reloading and lobby waits add up to a huge waste of precious gametime for me.

I know the reloads on this won't be anything like as bad as that, but if you're dying constantly (which I would be, trust me - I'm a thoughtful stealthy kinda player, not a skilled hack&slasher with finely-honed twitch reflexes), it'd get annoying not to restart pretty much immediately while you're sill "in the zone". I'm not particularly a big fan of boss fights to begin with, let alone immensely difficult ones requiring quick perfectly-executed sequences of moves. With certain types of games, I'll forever be a casual [-ty].
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2015, 02:28:34 pm »
Gascoigne down and the game is opening up a bit now, feeling a bit less grindy and I'm enjoying it more.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, 05:08:08 pm »
They're working on a patch for the load times, might be worth waiting a bit if that's something (understandably) that will annoy you.