Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 307417 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Xbox
« Reply #6040 on: June 9, 2022, 02:28:42 pm »
Kinell lads I only asked where are the exclusive games. Cool ye jets.

and your sharks
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6041 on: June 9, 2022, 02:47:01 pm »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6042 on: June 9, 2022, 09:51:31 pm »
Any decent new exclusives came out recently by Microsoft? Had my XSX since last year and barely touch it. Pretty bold of them to release a new console with hardly any decent new exclusives to go along with it.

Honestly been thinking the same over the last few of months. I cancelled game pass and haven’t used it in months. Great console but nothing is pulling me back at the moment.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6043 on: June 11, 2022, 07:06:05 pm »
Hopefully some good new shit gets announced tomorrow.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6044 on: June 12, 2022, 07:45:31 pm »
Well that showcase was nothing to write home about. Starfield customisation looks good but gameplay janky as fuck and visually underwhelming. I know it's Bethesda but it is possible to move past the facial animation of oblivion. Besides that not much really although Valheim coming to GamePass at some point so I'll try that.

Really wanted them to drop some 3rd party stuff on GamePass today but no.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 07:55:34 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6045 on: June 12, 2022, 07:53:25 pm »
There was some good stuff in there, Wo Long, Plague Tale, Silksong coming to Game Pass, Flintlock and Eredan (I think it was called). I’m just bored of all the same bleak looking games, think about only three of them games shown looked like they had any sort of colour and character to them. Just give me some nice, cheap and cheerful platformers, especially when you’re sitting on so many of Rare’s previous franchises.
AHA!

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6046 on: June 12, 2022, 08:08:32 pm »
Catching up on it I’ll go back into Flight Sim for some of the new content. Starfield looks interesting and Forza Motorsport should be right up my street / circuit…

Other than that nothing really jumped out, agree that too many games these days look the same and bleak, although of that type the game by the Dishonoured developer should be good. What Kojima does will get lots of attention.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6047 on: June 12, 2022, 08:38:37 pm »
Why on earth are they still making games for the Xbox One-generation? Was hoping they would only look ahead this year..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6048 on: June 12, 2022, 09:11:36 pm »
Why on earth are they still making games for the Xbox One-generation? Was hoping they would only look ahead this year..
Because the install base is likely still much higher than Series X/S.

Thought Redfall looked OK, Starfield looks excellent, it'll get a fair bit of polish by this time next year, and of course the reason I tuned in, Forza Motorsport, which looks incredible.

Some other decent looking games, but the amount of Day One Game Pass releases is impressive, will save me (and others) a few quid.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #6049 on: June 12, 2022, 10:39:37 pm »
There was some good stuff in there, Wo Long, Plague Tale, Silksong coming to Game Pass, Flintlock and Eredan (I think it was called). I’m just bored of all the same bleak looking games, think about only three of them games shown looked like they had any sort of colour and character to them. Just give me some nice, cheap and cheerful platformers, especially when you’re sitting on so many of Rare’s previous franchises.

Yeah, give us another Banjo you shits!

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6050 on: June 12, 2022, 10:44:05 pm »
Starfield is just a No Man’s Sky copy with better graphics, didn’t deserve the hype around it.

Few things i’m looking forward to though,  Ravenlok and League of Legends coming to console.

Apart from that, nothing that made me go ‘wow!’

A lot of generic looking shooters, Forza is Forza, looks nice but will get boring after a week.

Ereban looks like it could be good to waste an hour on as well.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6051 on: June 13, 2022, 06:42:05 am »
Starfield looks good, just hope they lean more into the RPG side of things. Bit worried they didn’t really show if you had full dialogue options like in FO3 or the more simplified version in FO4.

I’ve never tried Diablo because the looting never appealed to me but I thought that trailer was excellent, might give either it or the remaster of D2 a shot.

Persona coming to PC is good news too, but I can’t really bring myself to commit to a 120 hour game.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:44:31 am by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6052 on: June 13, 2022, 08:21:05 am »
For Starfield I liked the Starship and Outpost building, and being able to assign NPCs you meet to work in those locations. But that was some classic mediocre Bethesda gameplay and their characters still look dead behind the eyes.

Don't like how it seemed the only race of people were Humans too. I was hoping this would be a Bethesda take on Mass Effect.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6053 on: June 13, 2022, 08:57:36 am »
The facial animations for Starfield are absolutely terrible.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6054 on: June 13, 2022, 09:28:52 am »
The facial animations for Starfield are absolutely terrible.

It's incredible how bad that is. Basically Fallout 3 with sharper textures. Bethesda are so behind the curve these days.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #6055 on: June 13, 2022, 10:35:33 am »
I'll be getting an Xbox to play Starfield. Looks great, Fallout in Space is all i need.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6056 on: June 13, 2022, 01:47:01 pm »
I'll be getting an Xbox to play Starfield. Looks great, Fallout in Space is all i need.

Yeah, think I'm in the same camp.

I get the No Man's Sky comparisons, but I'm hopeful there'll be a lot more easter eggs, discoveries, detail etc in Starfield. No Man's sky was great for around 60 hours (3/4 years after release) but I found quickly, like Elite Dangerous, that an endless expanse of space sounds great, until you realise that there's not an awful lot out there to actually find and explore.

Agree on the criticisms of the character models, based on that video, but it's something I'd find easy to overlook if the exploration and discovery is done right along with an interesting story thread.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6057 on: June 13, 2022, 02:58:05 pm »
Whilst I can say already that I will definitely play Starfield, I'm not quite sure how enthusiastic I am about it yet. So much looks great, but I tend not to ever 'complete' Bethesda RPGs despite many hundreds' of hours gametime after getting endlessly sidetracked across their worlds both in terms of oddball sidequests and stuff like settlement building. The main quests never really feel all that important or epic in the way that Bioware usually manage.

I'm also dreading resource gathering again after seeing that bit in the video of switching out to a mining laser to get iron ore. No thanks, think I'll just console command all that headache away like I ended up doing in Fallout 4.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6058 on: June 15, 2022, 01:03:17 pm »
Imagine having an xbox series x but still having to play Warzone cause theres no alternative still. Dont say Halo, boring af.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #6059 on: June 15, 2022, 08:42:54 pm »
Imagine only playing first person shooters. Boring AF.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6060 on: June 16, 2022, 12:55:15 am »
Imagine only playing first person shooters. Boring AF.
i like you, you seem nice.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #6061 on: June 16, 2022, 07:50:08 am »
It's seems thats FPS are what most people play nowadays I know people with series x and ps5 who are still only playing warzone and fortnite and are  complaining about lack of games...

plenty of decent games out if you want to play single player imo altho with battlefield and vanguard being so bad it's left people playing the previous games still

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6062 on: June 16, 2022, 12:25:47 pm »
I don't think I've played an FPS since Halo 2 on whatever console that was on. Coincidentally I've just picked up the Master Chief Collection for PC, thanks to the TV series.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6063 on: June 17, 2022, 05:00:13 pm »
Imagine having an xbox series x but still having to play Warzone cause theres no alternative still. Dont say Halo, boring af.
This makes absolutely no sense, what point are you attempting to make?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6064 on: August 10, 2022, 09:45:05 am »
Elden Ring, GTA 5 and Vanguard look like they’re coming to Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6065 on: August 10, 2022, 09:49:02 am »
Elden Ring, GTA 5 and Vanguard look like they’re coming to Xbox Cloud Gaming.

You need to own the games though and have a GPU membership.

Still cool though, but it begs the question if you own the games you're more than likely to have the hardware to play though so why not just play them natively?

I mean you could play them on your phone or something but it's not a nice experience I've found.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 09:50:50 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6066 on: August 10, 2022, 10:24:39 am »

Still cool though, but it begs the question if you own the games you're more than likely to have the hardware to play though so why not just play them natively?

I mean you could play them on your phone or something but it's not a nice experience I've found.

Because you could play them on a laptop away from home, play them at a friends, play them when you don’t have enough storage to install.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6067 on: August 11, 2022, 12:05:10 am »

There are kits available for phone to turn them into handhelds, I've tried streaming Xbox games on my phone and they streamed well, but as you said the on screen controls are dreadful.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6068 on: August 11, 2022, 09:22:00 pm »
This makes absolutely no sense, what point are you attempting to make?
however it makes perfect sense to me. Do you actually  have something of substance to add?

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6069 on: August 17, 2022, 03:19:31 pm »
If you have Games Pass Ultimate - does that allow you to download games on PC too?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6070 on: August 17, 2022, 03:48:03 pm »
If you have Games Pass Ultimate - does that allow you to download games on PC too?

Yeah. You have to use the Xbox app though.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6071 on: August 18, 2022, 01:11:09 pm »
Cool - ta!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6072 on: September 15, 2022, 02:32:36 pm »
GoldenEye 007 coming to Game Pass, but not online multiplayer, which will be exclusive to Switch
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6073 on: September 15, 2022, 02:59:42 pm »
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on there today and Deathloop from the 20th.  Portal 2 is one of the Games With Gold from tomorrow.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6074 on: October 8, 2022, 02:14:21 pm »
Wondering if anybody can help, it’s more outlook than an Xbox problem but it crosses over.

Got a new Xbox last week, didn’t want to reset my current outlook psssord as it was logged in on my phone so just thought I’d create a new outlook account for my Xbox. Did it through my iPhone, used suggested password which then didn’t save. Obviously haven’t got a scooby what that password is which wasn’t an issue until my Xbox is now telling me to enter the password to access my account. Been using it a week and not had to do that until today annoyingly.

I wouldn’t be arsed by it however I signed up to a trial of game pass which unless I can sign into the account, is going to auto renew. Tried using contact Xbox support but they won’t give me a number or live chat option as it says I can reset my password following the links.

I have done the reset my password option and provided details however it wants me to type in an old password, which I obviously don’t have!

Not arsed about accessing the account again but really need to cancel game pass! I purchased it via the mobile phone number option, can I just tell ee to cancel it moving forwards? I’ve also used that option when signing up again on my other profile though so may be a problem there. 

I’ve had a mare to be honest ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6075 on: October 29, 2022, 04:41:45 pm »
Need some advice about digital game sharing. Can I download a game on my Xbox X and then allow access to the game on another Xbox X (my mates) Do I just sign in on their Xbox after I have bought it?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6076 on: October 29, 2022, 05:01:22 pm »
Yep, basically you just set your console as your mates home console and then he should have access to everything on your internal storage. Can’t remember the exact setting now, away from my Xbox, I know it’s in Profile.
AHA!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6077 on: October 30, 2022, 01:51:55 pm »
Need some advice about digital game sharing. Can I download a game on my Xbox X and then allow access to the game on another Xbox X (my mates) Do I just sign in on their Xbox after I have bought it?

Should be able to, but you’ll need to download on his machine. He also won’t be able to play when you’re not signed in on his machine. My kids can’t play games I’ve downloaded unless I’m signed in on their box too.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6078 on: October 30, 2022, 01:57:46 pm »
Should be able to if you’ve done that home console setting, my brother’s on the back of my account and only has to login when he wants to download something. Settings-Personalisation-My home Xbox.
AHA!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6079 on: December 6, 2022, 08:58:12 am »
First party games increased to £70 for Xbox.