Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Bristol - 20/04 - 12:30 ko) (*)  (Read 596185 times)

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
Will always baffle me why LFC Women FC are excluded from the training facilities at Kirkby.

Hope they will be able to join the mens team on their pre-season tour.

Would be great if that happened again this summer.
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good to see FSG putting money into a new Women's team training facility. It should've been integrated into the new Kirkby facility like Gazz said.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Will always baffle me why LFC Women FC are excluded from the training facilities at Kirkby.
I've always assumed we're thinking long term. Even it is possible to put the women's team in Kirkby, you would have to think the land up there just isn't big enough to also integrate a women's academy of the future.

If my understanding of Kirkby is correct, given the expansion plans didn't include facilities for the women's team in any building, there would likely need to be another round of work carried out? So if there needs to be something built/altered at Kirkby (however minor), may as well just build something bespoke with the potential to grow as the women's side of the club does?

So long as what the women's team end up with is a top facility, I don't think it matters to much. Especially not if the ability to house a full academy gives us a head start on pretty much every other club.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
6-1 up on Sheffield United. They'll be lifting the championship trophy in about 5 minutes for anyone who wants to watch. Its on FA Player https://faplayer.thefa.com/

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'Liverpool Women's guard of Honour | TAW Shorts' (pre-match):-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6TwBZ1lPZw

'Liverpool Women lifts the 2021-22 FA Women’s Championship title':-

https://v.redd.it/k62tlvyxahv81 & https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW/status/1518216372869906432

'In pictures: Liverpool FC Women lift Championship trophy':-

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/pictures-liverpool-fc-women-lift-championship-trophy

'2,138: A record Women’s crowd at Prenton Park this afternoon! Thank you for your support':-

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFCW/status/1518206743083372544?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:04:51 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
 ;D

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
;D

;D  I like it !  Great win to finish off a thoroughly brilliant and well deserved season - well in Champions !

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
;D

Fahey's shuffle was a bit like a Space Invader.
In a class of it's own. ;D

Can't describe how proud I am of the team.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
And that was that.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
And that was that.

For a team that was struggling to score last season, that's a hell of a turnaround in GD........which also says a lot about improvements in defence and keeping ;)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
For a team that was struggling to score last season, that's a hell of a turnaround in GD........which also says a lot about improvements in defence and keeping ;)

Yes, Matt's performed an absolute miracle this season, the man deserves a medal (in fact make him a Knight, or King, maybe Pope?)

- Got rid of some very friendly players who the fans loved but weren't quite good enough, replaced them with some better players.
 - Kept the team tight and happy, everyone keen to play.
 - We have no star player who if you don't see their name on the team sheet you think "we ain't winning without them".
 - No useless players who you look at and say "we ain't winning if they play".
 - Used the cup competitions to give game time to the younger & fringe players.
 - Tight defence, never looked shaky.
 - High scoring team, always looked dangerous.

Brought home the bacon.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 4, 2022, 04:53:07 pm by LeoT »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Out of interest, who would you vote for as your LFC Womens' player of the season?

I'd go for Matthews.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Yep Beard has done great.I was kinda worried cos his time with Boston Breakers was a trainwreck,not that i paid that much attention.But i guess that was down to being an awful franchise rather than the coaching.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
We were told to expect five exits, we just announced five exits...

Jade Bailey, Meikayla Moore and Rianna Dean are expired contracts. Charlotte Wardlaw's loan has ended, so she goes back to Chelsea (there was talk of us wanting to make that permanent). Youngster Evie Smith is the fifth player.

Presumably everyone is under contract or signing new ones, though I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the younger squad players still end up going out on loan. I'm really glad to see we've kept pretty much all of the squad because newly promoted clubs who went into the WSL making a raft of changes in recent years have all really struggled.

It has been said we're getting five in. The only name I've seen rumoured, and it only came this morning, is Charlton's/Scotland's GK Eartha Cumings.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
It has been said we're getting five in. The only name I've seen rumoured, and it only came this morning, is Charlton's/Scotland's GK Eartha Cumings.
Wonder if she'll be wearing a really cool Kitt? With reflexes like a feline?

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Wonder if she'll be wearing a really cool Kitt? With reflexes like a feline?

Not that Eartha...  ;D

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
I'm surprised and kinda sad to see Mouse leaving, I thought she always played well.
Not surprised at the others though.

Dean played well in the 1 or 2 games she was fit, but then missed most of the season.

Bailey was one if our best players in the previous season, but I just don't think she can play in the 3 4 3 system we played this season. Sad to see her go.

Was kinda hoping to get wardlaw back, she did well this season.

I've not seen Evie Smith play so I can't comment on her.

Wish them all luck.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Forgot to say...

My money was on Hodson, Dean, Humphrey,  Bailey and Wardlaw.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Available from 9pm tonight - up on the official Liverpool youtube channel:-

'DOCUMENTARY: Liverpool FC Women’s promotion story | GOING UP' (90 minute video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t83OLqxQny4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t83OLqxQny4</a>

^ for some reason the video is no longer available on the official LFC youtube channel - and is now marked as 'private'. Maybe it will be available in the future?

However, it is free to watch on the official website (no registration, membership or payments required - many thanks to Kellan for the heads-up!) here:-

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_zv5szuxf

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 11:34:49 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Available from 9pm tonight - up on the official Liverpool youtube channel:-

'DOCUMENTARY: Liverpool FC Women’s promotion story | GOING UP':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kyb0c0o86ew" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kyb0c0o86ew</a>

Really good program.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Emma Sanders is saying our incomings will be direct replacements for those going out: winger, central midfielder, central defender and a fullback. She did also mention Eartha Cummings though and we hadn't had a keeper leave us that I know.

She's also saying the winger might be a returning Shanice van de Sanden.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Another heads up from Emma Sanders: Gilly Flaherty is the CB we're likely to sign https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1531661366586662914

One of Beard's players during his time at West Ham. I did immediately think her a possible signing as soon as she became available. But then again I do think that about any player Beard has worked with before since he likes the tried and tested approach so much.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It was brilliant seeing the women's bus on the parade. They were partying real hard when passing us on the Strand. 😎
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
A comparison of Flaherty and Moore:

https://twitter.com/AnfldAnalytics/status/1531928505138782208

Some very good stats there, though I'm not too sure how useful they'll be, cos if I remember rightly West Ham were playing 2 centre backs when we were playing 3 centre backs last season.

I will kinda miss mouse, but hope Flaherty (or whoever comes in does a great job).

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
On a lighter note, looks like Razza Roberts got married over the weekend.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1533546701608259584

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
BBC - ‘We’re not going anywhere’ - how female footballers are tackling online trolls:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/61914417

Thought this was an interesting and thought provoking watch. The trolling is out of order. It would be a shame for someone not to pursue their dreams because of it.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've re-signed a Dutch winger called Van der Sanden. Must be a big deal because even the main LFC twitter account posted about her.   :D

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
She played for us before, a few years ago she was a kinda female version of Adama Traore.

She didn't seem to make it into the Dutch Euros squad though.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'Inside Training: Liverpool FC Women prepare WSL season' - a 5 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/el_AhvnV5xA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/el_AhvnV5xA</a>

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thought I'd do a bit of a news round-up

New contracts: Campbell, Lawley, Robe   
Confirmed signings: Koivisto, Flaherty, Cumings, van de Sanden

No duration given for any of the above.

Last transfer report was that we're still in for a CM of some description. No name floating about yet. All four signings were named before they happened, and all were said to be first choices. Read what you like into the CM still being a question mark because I've got about half a dozen theories myself (that are probably all wrong).

Pre-season fixtures:
31/07 - Nottingham Forrest
07/08 - Blackburn Rovers
13/08 - Man United
17/08 - Villa
21/08 - West Ham
27/08 - Man City

Mostly closed-door by the looks of things.

Full season fixture list is here (expect the BBC and Sky to rip it up to suit themselves): https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-womens-2022-23-wsl-fixture-list-revealed

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
They are playing the derby on Sept 24th at Anfield.Gonna assume the Euros will give a crowd bounce for all wsl games but what do people think for attendance 35,000 plus?

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
They are playing the derby on Sept 24th at Anfield.Gonna assume the Euros will give a crowd bounce for all wsl games but what do people think for attendance 35,000 plus?
2018 was the last time this fixture happened. I think it got a crowd of 23,500. All stands open except the main. I want to say they capped the attendance but I can't remember for sure. There were a bunch of matches being played in the PL stadiums that season, including the reverse fixture at Goodison, which I bought for, and I think that was limited ticket for away fans, so I may just be confusing all the ticketing arrangements.

I think Spurs-Arsenal that same season got 38k and was the highest of all.

Would be great to near it ourselves. I think 30+ is very doable at least.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
2018 was the last time this fixture happened. I think it got a crowd of 23,500. All stands open except the main. I want to say they capped the attendance but I can't remember for sure. There were a bunch of matches being played in the PL stadiums that season, including the reverse fixture at Goodison, which I bought for, and I think that was limited ticket for away fans, so I may just be confusing all the ticketing arrangements.

I personally think the only way to go is to have every game at Anfield. With all the problems getting tickets for the mens team I can see it being really popular.

It is never going to be popular if they keep playing at Prenton Park.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I personally think the only way to go is to have every game at Anfield. With all the problems getting tickets for the mens team I can see it being really popular.

It is never going to be popular if they keep playing at Prenton Park.
You won't see me saying no to that. There would be a fair few logistical issues to sort, and you'd have to hope the pitch holds up. But if the club are happy to eat any costs should the attendance be great for a women's club game but not max capacity for Anfield, then I see no reason it couldn't be a beneficial move.

In some circumstances I would actually say no to this idea. The general consensus is that smaller grounds packed out every week is the preferred way of staging games for the sake of allowing atmosphere and customs and such like to develop, and so clubs are running an operating model that's a little more self-sufficient. But in our particular case, that smaller ground of say 10k (something like what City have for example) just doesn't exist, and the next best is poorly located on the wrong side of the Mersey.

Leicester try to have the best of both worlds. They played about eight matches at the men's ground last season. Whereas everyone else just did the one game. Maybe two at most. If we can't play every match at Anfield, we could maybe try the same approach and build up to one a month if the crowds justify that.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
You won't see me saying no to that. There would be a fair few logistical issues to sort, and you'd have to hope the pitch holds up. But if the club are happy to eat any costs should the attendance be great for a women's club game but not max capacity for Anfield, then I see no reason it couldn't be a beneficial move.

In some circumstances I would actually say no to this idea. The general consensus is that smaller grounds packed out every week is the preferred way of staging games for the sake of allowing atmosphere and customs and such like to develop, and so clubs are running an operating model that's a little more self-sufficient. But in our particular case, that smaller ground of say 10k (something like what City have for example) just doesn't exist, and the next best is poorly located on the wrong side of the Mersey.

Leicester try to have the best of both worlds. They played about eight matches at the men's ground last season. Whereas everyone else just did the one game. Maybe two at most. If we can't play every match at Anfield, we could maybe try the same approach and build up to one a month if the crowds justify that.
I agree with that. The best scenario would be a small ground in the city but that doesn't exist.

Reading play all their games at the men's stadium too.

I can't understand the pitch argument when a lot of teams have combined pitches for rugby and football and they seem to hold out alright.

If they just keep the bottom tiers of Anfield Road, Main Stand and Kenny Stand open then the costs can't be too much.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

Minor point but the last Anfield game was in 2019 I think.. the year they got relegated. Lost 1-0.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Minor point but the last Anfield game was in 2019 I think.. the year they got relegated. Lost 1-0.
Close enough. I took at a stab at the year. I honestly couldn't remember exactly without checking. I was there on the day and I couldn't remember. It was pre-covid, so it feels like a world ago  ;D

I do remember getting out of the car and saying of the rain that it would make one of the keepers lose the ball over the line. Turns out I was right. Should have specified when jinxing and said it would be the Everton keeper.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
They should absolutely look at the 6 weeks the World Cup break is on as a tester to see how popular the women playing there more often would be. From what I can see there's 2 home games Vs West Ham and Leicester that could be played at Anfield during that time.

I think the bigger problem is Sky/BT choose games pretty late sometimes so we might have said the women's team can play at Anfield @2pm one Sunday only for Sky to choose our home game that weekend to be played on a Sunday. I imagine we'd have to book Prenton Park a bit in advance so Tranmere can plan staffing levels and income etc.