Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 210199 times)

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #760 on: May 15, 2019, 11:28:29 am »
got all ours in bloc 129 row 17 bang in the middle for £60, going to madrid !

they do ask for your address when filling in the form even if it doesnt say they need it on the selling notice.

good luck everyone and all those in the ballot soon - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #761 on: May 15, 2019, 11:37:00 am »
Happy with the spec and price but where are the banners gonna be hung from?

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: May 15, 2019, 11:40:13 am »
got all ours in bloc 129 row 17 bang in the middle for £60, going to madrid !

they do ask for your address when filling in the form even if it doesnt say they need it on the selling notice.

good luck everyone and all those in the ballot soon - YNWA !

Waiting for the ballot results tomorrow, fingers and everything else crossed. Was on the waiting list last year.

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #763 on: May 15, 2019, 11:46:26 am »
Same experience here.  Tickets in basket, all info entered and then when pressed payment got message that I wasn't logged in - even though I was and could click through to my purchase history page.  I kept trying things such as updating basket, using different card, etc all without success.  Eventually the tickets timed out of basket and so I logged out and back in again.  Thankfully I could then pick up the very same tickets that had dropped and successfully bought.  Still don't understand why it happened that way - and what I could do to prevent it happening another time.

The same happened to me. I was buying for 7 of us so was a stressful hour. In the end I had to give up checking the basket out as it kept saying I wasn't logged in - which I very clearly was. I was on a Windows 7 PC with Internet Explorer, not sure if that had anything to do with the problems experienced. I did change computer after the initial problems and was then able to checkout ok in the end.
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #764 on: May 15, 2019, 11:48:58 am »
Just did a quick test now, got straight in, scrolled down to a category 4 in 131. Clicked 6 tickets and got row 14 all next to each other, and went to checkout.

Oh how simple this should be, not having to stress every time, well will have my turn on Friday hopefully.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2019, 11:49:52 am »
Wonder what time we can expect ballot results [emoji51]

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #766 on: May 15, 2019, 11:59:58 am »
If I'm successful toying with collecting in Madrid. I'm presuming it will be available on the day?

Can't see many details about it

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: May 15, 2019, 12:02:04 pm »
If I'm successful toying with collecting in Madrid. I'm presuming it will be available on the day?

Can't see many details about it

They really need to have details of this in place before buying.  I suspect most will just opt for delivery.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #768 on: May 15, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »
Ive tweaked my route a little as the train and bus from Pamplona to Madrid are too expensive.

Manc - Bordeaux ( 29th )
Train to Biarritz ( 29th )
Biarritz - Pamplona by bus ( 29th )

Staying in Pamplona til the 31st .

Pamplona - Soria ( A medival town ) by bus .

Soria - Madrid by bus at 8 in the morning . Gets to Madrid at 11.30am.

Possibly the same route back .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #769 on: May 15, 2019, 12:04:53 pm »
The beauty is I can leave my rucksack at the hostel in Soria.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #770 on: May 15, 2019, 12:05:55 pm »
Wonder what time we can expect ballot results [emoji51]

Got my email at 7pm last year
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #771 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »
They really need to have details of this in place before buying.  I suspect most will just opt for delivery.

Glad I'm not the only one wondering.

Guess if im lucky and get one and it's £500, what does £9 difference make ? 😀😂
Got my email at 7pm last year

For this ballot? 😂😂

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #772 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:11 pm »
The same happened to me. I was buying for 7 of us so was a stressful hour. In the end I had to give up checking the basket out as it kept saying I wasn't logged in - which I very clearly was. I was on a Windows 7 PC with Internet Explorer, not sure if that had anything to do with the problems experienced. I did change computer after the initial problems and was then able to checkout ok in the end.

I was on a macbook using chrome.  And in any case, a browser or computer problem would be more likely to manifest as page loading error, rather than giving a message on the site that you're not logged in.  So I suspect its not computers/browsers causing the problem, but something to do with the lfc ticket site. 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:44 pm »
If anyone still needs reasonably priced accommodation we have a couple of bookings for apartments in the centre 31st-2 June that I'm going to cancel tonight as managed to get something better/cheaper (one 2 bed £210 total and one 3 bed £280). PM me and I'll provide details, and can try and co-ordinate the cancellation or transfer the booking.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #774 on: May 15, 2019, 12:19:26 pm »
If you had a ticket in the Tottenham end, can you not go in your seat and walk around to the Liverpool end. Like in Kyiv?
Don't think so mate - on that stadium viewer to check your seat view, there looks like screens blocking off the seating at each end to prevent moving any further.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: May 15, 2019, 12:19:38 pm »
If anyone has room for 2 going back to Barcelona in a vehicle on the Sunday could you please PM me? Obviously will chip in any costs

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: May 15, 2019, 12:25:08 pm »
Don't think so mate - on that stadium viewer to check your seat view, there looks like screens blocking off the seating at each end to prevent moving any further.

Can i have a link to the stadium view from your seat please mate

Numpty me cant find it.

Sorted in bock 233.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: May 15, 2019, 12:26:50 pm »
Can i have a link to the stadium view from your seat please mate

Numpty me cant find it.

Sorted in bock 233.

In case you've not seen already you can check out all individual seat views here http://webapp.nuevoestadiovirtualatleticodemadrid.com/
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #778 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:18 pm »
That Telegraph article says capacity reduced to 63,000 due to a bigger press area - must be pretty big then ! Also says, there'll be a first security perimeter some way off from the stadium, which no one without a ticket will be able to pass. Suppose that's fair warning to those without.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
Re: We're Going to Madrid - Ticket and Travel Info
« Reply #779 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:34 pm »
Posted in the Euro aways forum but just in case, if anyone still needs reasonably priced accommodation we have a couple of bookings for apartments in the centre 31st-2 June that I'm going to cancel tonight as managed to get something better/cheaper (one 2 bed £210 total and one 3 bed £280). PM me and I'll provide details, and can try and co-ordinate the cancellation or transfer the booking.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: May 15, 2019, 12:29:06 pm »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #781 on: May 15, 2019, 12:30:35 pm »

Beat me to it ! The link is on the club selling details anyway too.

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #782 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:42 pm »
the dropdown box to change it to post was above the bit where it shows the tix you've chosen - I nearly didn't spot it
We ended up with collect in Madrid too, my son had to log in as I was on way to work, he also said there wasn’t another option. Anybody had any luck ringing ticket office to change it to post?
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #783 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:17 pm »
great stuff mate !

some info on the FAN-ZONES in Spanish : https://as.com/futbol/2018/09/26/primera/1537991328_523854.html

Plaza Colon and Goya, 15 minutes walk between them, dont no which one is LFC yet. Accessible by metro, close to the Retiro park, easy acccess to the stadium which is near the airport on the metros as well !

FREE PARKING IN MADRID : try the Ventas and Quitana areas just outside the city ring road, in the side streets parallel to Calle Alcala, which cuts across Madrid.

hope this helps and YNWA !

Based on the details can we guess that as we have the south side of the stadium, we'll be allocated the Goya fan zone as they'll send us up line 2 of the metro, and spurs up line 5 to the north? just a guess

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #784 on: May 15, 2019, 01:14:27 pm »
Still a fair few Cat 4 seats left. Looks promising for those successful in the ballot at the minute if they're hoping for the cheap tickets!

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #785 on: May 15, 2019, 01:14:29 pm »
Anybody who purchased in the Rights Sale yesterday and booked with Thomas Cook had confirmation they're deffo on the flight yet ?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:05 pm »
That piece is about 9 months old. We've got Avenida II Felipe by the WiZink centre.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #787 on: May 15, 2019, 01:39:33 pm »
We ended up with collect in Madrid too, my son had to log in as I was on way to work, he also said there wasn’t another option. Anybody had any luck ringing ticket office to change it to post?

My mate tried but ticket office said they aren’t fulfilling the tickets so can’t change - I know a few people who did it as it looked like no other option hopefully they realise it might be a nightmare over there and offer to change it if they have a bit of pressure applied. I’ve just had a look and it looks easy to find but the default is collect in Madrid the option to change is above but not sure if they have changed that this morning

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #788 on: May 15, 2019, 01:53:38 pm »
If you need travel to Madrid - National Express are doing coaches,

Return fares from £349 from Liverpool

See the echo website,

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/national-express-running-coaches-madrid-16278864

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: May 15, 2019, 01:54:19 pm »
That piece is about 9 months old. We've got Avenida II Felipe by the WiZink centre.

It's the same place Phil. Goya tube is at the end of Avenida II Felipe. It's also called Plaza de Salvador Dali, to be even more confusing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calle+de+Goya,+Madrid,+Spain/@40.4239169,-3.6750558,18.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd4228bcdd749857:0x38c0fd7273aad69d!8m2!3d40.4249497!4d-3.6793947
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 02:43:37 pm by Craig S »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2019, 02:02:52 pm »
My mate tried but ticket office said they aren’t fulfilling the tickets so can’t change - I know a few people who did it as it looked like no other option hopefully they realise it might be a nightmare over there and offer to change it if they have a bit of pressure applied. I’ve just had a look and it looks easy to find but the default is collect in Madrid the option to change is above but not sure if they have changed that this morning
Would have made sense for the default to be for post really.

Vueling have apparently added a load of new flights from Liverpool if anyone still needs them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #791 on: May 15, 2019, 02:06:39 pm »
It's the same place Phil. Goya tube is at the end of Avenida II Felipe. It's also called Plaza de Salvador Sali, to be even more confusing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calle+de+Goya,+Madrid,+Spain/@40.4239169,-3.6750558,18.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd4228bcdd749857:0x38c0fd7273aad69d!8m2!3d40.4249497!4d-3.6793947

All Im seeing is a road where is the square or park?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: May 15, 2019, 02:12:01 pm »
All Im seeing is a road where is the square or park?

if you go on street view it's like a pedestrianised area.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: May 15, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »
It's the same place Phil. Goya tube is at the end of Avenida II Felipe. It's also called Plaza de Salvador Sali, to be even more confusing.

Ahhh ok. Nice and straightforward.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #794 on: May 15, 2019, 02:23:25 pm »
Any way this thread can be moved into the European part of the tickets/travel forum so people don't miss it?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #795 on: May 15, 2019, 02:53:56 pm »
Also says, there'll be a first security perimeter some way off from the stadium, which no one without a ticket will be able to pass.

They say that every single year, 'rings of steel' and the like. Typically more like tin foil.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: May 15, 2019, 02:54:50 pm »
They say that every single year, 'rings of steel' and the like. Typically more like tin foil.

They had one in Basel that was pretty effective I think.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #797 on: May 15, 2019, 03:03:41 pm »
They had one in Basel that was pretty effective I think.

Yeah I had mine checked in Basel 3 times before getting anywhere near. One policeman even got another to check it, would of been shitting myself if I didn’t get it from the club.  Was only tryna keep it dry coz it was battering down

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: May 15, 2019, 03:05:49 pm »
Any mention of shuttle buses to the airport after the game? Like in Kiev
AMF

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: May 15, 2019, 03:06:19 pm »

Had this in the Ukraine too, line of police, then turnstyles and then someone check as you went to your seat (but this didn't last long as a Madrid fan and his little lad came stood by me).