Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3887195 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Louis Van Gaal is the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2014, 03:41:49 pm »
Moyes was given a free pass by the media.

Eh? Were you hibernating last season?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2014, 03:42:01 pm »
I keep hearing this but didn't he win the UEFA cup in his first season with Ajax, and a League and cup double with both Barca and Bayern in his first season?

Yeah, but you haven't qualified for the UEFA!  ???  ;D  :lickin

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2014, 03:44:34 pm »
Eh? Were you hibernating last season?

He was, relatively speaking. Ferguson left an ageing, not very good squad and look how long it too him to start being successful at Man Utd, it takes time for a new manager, look how well Moyes did at Everton etc. I don't recall any other managers getting away with as much as Moyes did last season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2014, 03:44:36 pm »
So if Moyes was the chosen one, what is Van Gaal?

Duh, The Chosen #2.

Someone can't count ;)
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »
Well I have to get one correct eventually. ;D

To be fair i've not made any predictions, I've just stated his qualities and I don't think anyone can argue with them. Whether he will bring the glory days back remains to be seen but he has the qualifications to do so for sure.

But seeing as you asked,we'll finish top 4 with him I reckon next season. Easily. ;)

Good appointment. You should be challenging Spurs and Everton next season ;).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2014, 03:47:08 pm »
The media will be sharpening their knives already if they have watched this  ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

Walking off like a foot stamping schoolgirl is gold to them  ;D ;D

That was hilarious, next year could be fun.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »
Yeah right, Rooney is going to accept Van Persie telling him to keep out of the box and stop getting in "his" position? I'd love to hear Van Gaal explaining that to Shrek. How much will his advertising revenue drop if he isn't able to score any goals and just becomes Van Persie's ball boy?
And they aren't going to miss the loss of Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra all at once? Not to mention Giggs.
Take away the retirees and the utter crap and he'll only have half a squad to work with.

No, you got me wrong. I agree that there will be trouble within the senior players for sure with probably one or two of them leaving. My point was that van Gaal doesn't need top players for being successful if given time to implement his tactical knowledge..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »
The media will be sharpening their knives already if they have watched this  ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

Walking off like a foot stamping schoolgirl is gold to them  ;D ;D

Good Lord, that is hilarious.

Anyone with a Dutch background know if there was more to that incident? Or he's just pissed off they picked some other guys to analyse games next week, that's it.

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »
it will be interesting how this goes with the combination of the owners suddenly having to deal with change, an inexperienced chief exec and the manager who by all accounts does seem a safe pair of hands

i think it depends how much money he actually gets for transfers and who will go to a club not in the champions league

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:32 pm »
Good Lord, that is hilarious.

Anyone with a Dutch background know if there was more to that incident? Or he's just pissed off they picked some other guys to analyse games next week, that's it.

It was a pisstake - van Gaal parodying his own 'difficult relationship' with the media.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »
Aren't nearly all appointments short-term in nature these days?  United had a golden opportunity last summer or should I say before last summer.  Plan the succession.  They had time to search and evaluate the candidate.  But now they find themselves in the same position as nearly every other club that sacks their manager.  They are prone to who is available which limits your options. 

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2014, 03:53:32 pm »
I wonder if he'll do a reverse McLaren and start speaking in a peculiar manc accent?

"I shought Giggsheh were bobbins today."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:57:48 pm by OldBloke »

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2014, 03:55:28 pm »
So if he isn't supported to rebuild he'll be going into next season with a defence of

De Gea

Rafael  Smalling  Jones  Evra/Buttner

and a midfield made up of Carrick, Cleverley and Fellaini.

I hope you are right!  ;D

Van Gaal will chose a core of around 17 players and you can bet that there will be a lot of suprises. There will be players out of favour pretty early, f.e.Fallaini, probably Rooney, I suppose, with no chance of getting back. Normally it takes van Gaal, as any other coach, a little less than a year for making it work the way he wants.

Personally I can't see it work still as the english press won't give him the time needed especially as he will be messing with them from day one..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »
It was a pisstake - van Gaal parodying his own 'difficult relationship' with the media.

That's too bad. I was hoping that he really is that sensitive, post match interviews would be riveting viewing.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »
Duh, The Chosen #2.

The Goose(n) one..

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2014, 04:00:23 pm »

Ah...cheers.

Offline AfricanBavarian

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »
Its gonna be interesting how Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal deals with the Man U hierarchy, its gonna be a fun seasons :P

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2014, 04:03:31 pm »
This should be good.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2014, 04:03:36 pm »
Great news, i'm glad it's finally been confirmed.

He's authoritative, likes attacking football, a great coach and a winner.
Why is everybody so sure he will be a disaster?

It will be interesting to see if his fast-passing game translates from leagues where there have been one or two top teams dominating the league and the rest largely accepting their place as fodder, to a league where even on the last day, with nothing to play for, the opposition team will press hard and try to win. There are no "gimme's" in the Premier League, for sure.

Having said that, if it works even 75% effectively, United will be in the top four for much of the season. Whether they challenge for the title or not depends on a number of factors (sorting the defence, raising the goals scored, Van Gaal not exploding at Old Trafford)

A good appointment for United, but a few things have to fall into place for it work to its fullest.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2014, 04:03:41 pm »
Its gonna be interesting how Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal deals with the Man U hierarchy, its gonna be a fun seasons :P

Serious question. How much of an impact has had at your club? Yeah he won the league but your recent successes domestically and in Europe I've read have been partly attributed to him. Is that accurate.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2014, 04:03:53 pm »
I was desperately hoping for Roy Hodgson after the world cup
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2014, 04:04:50 pm »
I'm sure they've known for sometime where he was headed.

Yep, but he was there plan a, don't think they have anyone else lined up, however Moyes is available. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2014, 04:05:17 pm »
I was desperately hoping for Roy Hodgson after the world cup

They'll need a pair of "safe hands" after this appointment goes tits up.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2014, 04:06:48 pm »
Van Gaal will chose a core of around 17 players and you can bet that there will be a lot of suprises. There will be players out of favour pretty early, f.e.Fallaini, probably Rooney, I suppose, with no chance of getting back. Normally it takes van Gaal, as any other coach, a little less than a year for making it work the way he wants.

Personally I can't see it work still as the english press won't give him the time needed especially as he will be messing with them from day one..

So Rooney, the lad who has just signed a 5 and a half year contract worth £300,000-a-week will be out of favour?

Should be fun.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2014, 04:06:55 pm »
They'll need a pair of "safe hands" after this appointment goes tits up.

That'll be Giggs' time to shine ;)

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2014, 04:06:59 pm »
Great news, i'm glad it's finally been confirmed.

He's authoritative, likes attacking football, a great coach and a winner.
Why is everybody so sure he will be a disaster?

wishful thinking mostly as he has credentials, but he is also mental, so we are hoping the latter takes precedence over the former.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »
It will be interesting to see if his fast-passing game translates from leagues where there have been one or two top teams dominating the league and the rest largely accepting their place as fodder, to a league where even on the last day, with nothing to play for, the opposition team will press hard and try to win. There are no "gimme's" in the Premier League, for sure.

Having said that, if it works even 75% effectively, United will be in the top four for much of the season. Whether they challenge for the title or not depends on a number of factors (sorting the defence, raising the goals scored, Van Gaal not exploding at Old Trafford)

A good appointment for United, but a few things have to fall into place for it work to its fullest.

Glad to see he has PoP's seal of approval. :)
Challenging in his first season is too much of an ask, as you say, there are quite a few problems and like Rodgers with Liverpool it will take a while to implement his style onto us. As long as we get to see positive, attacking football next season i'll be happy though.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2014, 04:12:43 pm »
So if Moyes was the chosen one, what is Van Gaal?

The Chosen Van of course.

'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2014, 04:12:54 pm »
PoP couldn't you say he'd be shite scare the shit out of our resident mancs a bit?.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2014, 04:13:29 pm »
So Rooney, the lad who has just signed a 5 and a half year contract worth £300,000-a-week will be out of favour?

Should be fun.

It could happen. Van Gaal doesn't give a shite about names, contracts or such, he just care about himself and his ideas..

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »
Glad to see he has PoP's seal of approval. :)
Challenging in his first season is too much of an ask,

But you're not in Europe so you should be able to challenge for the league, apparently,

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2014, 04:14:11 pm »
Weird how under the radar Giggs' retirement has gone as a result of this (await jokes about Giggs and under the radar).
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2014, 04:14:44 pm »
The Chosen Van of course.

With Giggs as manager in waiting, more like the Transit Van.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »
I wonder if he'll do a reverse McLaren and start speaking in a peculiar manc accent?

"I shought Giggsheh were bobbins today."

Any excuse to watch this again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2014, 04:16:42 pm »
With Giggs as manager in waiting, more like the Transit Van.

;D
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »
trouble is when he shows Rooney his balls, Rooney will get his out and they will play a game of conkers.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker