Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 525135 times)

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2020, 07:12:50 pm »
We are superior in every position.

Not being biased. But I would not swap our squad for man city's.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2020, 07:16:54 pm »
No leaning photo, he’ll be a failure. Seriously though welcome!

On a separate note, I really really hate all three of the new kit designs. Compared to how beautiful last season’s first kit was, these are terrible.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2020, 07:17:47 pm »
From signing Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam to Thiago and Jota, someone of his quality, as a rotation option. What a legendary transformation.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2020, 07:19:09 pm »
He's chosen "Diogo J" on his jersey...

...so he doesn't care one iota about Jota.

me >> coat >> door :wave
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2020, 07:19:38 pm »
Where's the lean? Sell him.
Only joking welcome to the best club in the world.
Sitting in the changing room in full kit is the new leaning.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2020, 07:22:45 pm »
No leaning photo, he’ll be a failure. Seriously though welcome!

On a separate note, I really really hate all three of the new kit designs. Compared to how beautiful last season’s first kit was, these are terrible.

*Paging Craig to the Jota thread. Craig to the Jota thread please*  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2020, 07:25:55 pm »
Two great squads but I prefer ours to theirs now

They have more depth / quality up front but this signing narrows the gap.
Midfield and defence ours is stronger
Do they even have more depth / quality up front anymore?

Qualitywise: Mane-Firmino-Salah is at least the same as Silva-Aguero(32 years old and already injured)-Sterling.
Depthwise: Sane has left. Is Ferran Torres as good? I don't know. Is Gabriel Jesus/Torres necessarily better than Jota/Minamino/Origi?

The major difference they have had in attack is not actually the attackers: it's the creativity in midfield. Keita coming to life and the signing of Thiago would reduce that gap, I imagine.

For sure our squad is better overall with the Jota/Minamino/Tsimikas/Thiago signings.

Offline Ace46

• Boys Pen
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2020, 07:30:45 pm »
Enjoy his goals and skills

http://youtu.be/PpjSh-QPtus

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2020, 07:34:52 pm »
Took 15 years but really glad to finally get Simao.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2020, 07:39:00 pm »
What an awful signing.  Jota was never good enough to be picked regularly at Wolves and when he was he was always subbed off early.  Can't understand this transfer at all.
Give yourself a shake lol. Yes he’s been inconsistent at Wolves, but he has a huge amount of quality.

Give the guy a chance ffs!!

Welcome to the club Jota.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2020, 07:43:59 pm »
Not being biased. But I would not swap our squad for man city's.

Why would anyone want to swap our squad (that finished almost 20 points ahead of them last season) for City’s?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2020, 07:49:50 pm »
If he's half as good as Mane has turned out to be, he'll do fine.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2020, 08:07:12 pm »
Jürgen, you have a job to do this season, there are a lot of doubters in here...

Welcome, Diogo J!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2020, 08:18:49 pm »
Welcome Jota lad. Glad we went for him instead of Traore. Although Traore is a bit of a beast, I feel he is a bit of a one trick pony, well maybe two tricks. I think Jota is more of a footballer compared to Traore who is more of an athlete who can play a bit of football.

Happy about our new acquisitions this summer. Filled gaps and added genuine quality. Fantastic stuff

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2020, 08:23:31 pm »
Must be one of the most unPortuguese looking Portuguese ever, but welcome anyway! :wave Looking forward to seeing how he fits in.

He's got a celtic complexion.  Fucking freckles!
dios esta buena

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2020, 08:24:56 pm »
Do they even have more depth / quality up front anymore?

Qualitywise: Mane-Firmino-Salah is at least the same as Silva-Aguero(32 years old and already injured)-Sterling.
Depthwise: Sane has left. Is Ferran Torres as good? I don't know. Is Gabriel Jesus/Torres necessarily better than Jota/Minamino/Origi?

The major difference they have had in attack is not actually the attackers: it's the creativity in midfield. Keita coming to life and the signing of Thiago would reduce that gap, I imagine.

For sure our squad is better overall with the Jota/Minamino/Tsimikas/Thiago signings.

You forgot Mahrez whose extremely good ... so there second 3 is better than ours .... but it’s closer than it was for sure

Like I said though overall I’d pick our squad now

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2020, 08:30:33 pm »
If he can start finding the net more often - which judging by this last season he's starting to improve on - he could be one hell of a player. Midfield and attacking options added with the Greek lad as another defensive option, happy.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2020, 08:46:25 pm »
You forgot Mahrez whose extremely good ... so there second 3 is better than ours .... but it’s closer than it was for sure

Like I said though overall I’d pick our squad now
Whoops...I thought someone was missing but couldn't work out who...

Yes, that changes things a bit, but I'd still say that the first choice attacks are equal, while Aguero is ageing. Second choice, yes, they are better.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2020, 08:46:26 pm »
If he can start finding the net more often - which judging by this last season he's starting to improve on - he could be one hell of a player. Midfield and attacking options added with the Greek lad as another defensive option, happy.

He is undeniably a better player than Minamino. I think its like Klopp bought 2 shirts from a department store and going to keep the one he likes more.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2020, 08:49:44 pm »
Whoops...I thought someone was missing but couldn't work out who...

Yes, that changes things a bit, but I'd still say that the first choice attacks are equal, while Aguero is ageing. Second choice, yes, they are better.

Our front three are better than theirs.

In defence our third choice centreback is as good as their best one.

In midfield its not even a contest, ours is much better.

Our full backs destroy theirs.

Our keeper is better.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2020, 08:50:28 pm »
We are superior in every position.

Yep we have a better first 11 and more depth, no contest.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2020, 08:51:10 pm »
Welcome Diogo, looking forward to seeing you develop at the best club in the world.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2020, 08:56:25 pm »
Nuno Espirito Santo looked like he was going to cry in these interviews talking about Diogo and the memories they made at Wolves.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2020, 09:04:20 pm »
I'm  positive you really need a positive custom title for all your positive posts.

This is the same bloke who said Klopps FA cup selection was "disgusting" last season. Best ignored

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2020, 09:17:43 pm »
He's chosen "Diogo J" on his jersey...
Well he wasn't going to choose the one with 'Mane' on it was he.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2020, 09:56:18 pm »

I’ve just had a look at your posting history and the first 20 or so are all negative nonsense. What did make me laugh is that the only time you were positive over something was when announcing Loic Remy’s arrival ... I’m paraphrasing here (can’t quote) but along the lines of .. why can’t I start a thread on him, he’s hardly going to fail his medical is he? [emoji1787]

I think I'd have just packed in the forum there and then ;D

Reminds me of someone years ago boasting in the betting thread once of how he bet loads on there being at least 1 goal in every game and how it was easy money and he'd put a shitload on a certain CL game...followed straight away by a 0-0 ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2020, 09:57:06 pm »
Well he wasn't going to choose the one with 'Mane' on it was he.
;D ;D ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2020, 09:59:41 pm »
What position he plays for Portugal NT? I'm assuming he starts for them?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2020, 10:07:32 pm »
He's got only 5 caps or something for them.  But their forward line is pretty tasty so he won't be a starter.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2020, 10:08:44 pm »
He's got only 5 caps or something for them.  But their forward line is pretty tasty so he won't be a starter.

Yet

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2020, 10:19:12 pm »
If you really think that you are delusional.  It's still nowhere near the strength in depth of City

Been lurking on RAWK for over 10 years and think yours might be one of the worst posting histories I've ever seen. Even during the march to the title, you were periodically jumping in with inane criticism, making snide remarks about how it's 'hard to criticise Klopp', but of course you always heroically try. Please toddle off to BlueMoon - maybe being in that cesspool will finally bring you some peace.

On topic, think this is one of those signings that becomes more and more exciting the more I think about it. From what I've read, it sounds like he's a player who, with Klopp's guidance, is ready to take the step up to a higher level. Seems to have some seriously quick dribbling skills as well.

What a couple of days! Now just to put Lampard's plucky bunch of 18 year old academy lads (oh wait...) to the sword tomorrow to cap things off.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2020, 10:22:35 pm »
Yeah. That dude has a weird posting history. Probably posts on Red Cafe and tries to be a Manc sympathizer.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2020, 10:29:02 pm »
Been lurking on RAWK for over 10 years and think yours might be one of the worst posting histories I've ever seen. Even during the march to the title, you were periodically jumping in with inane criticism, making snide remarks about how it's 'hard to criticise Klopp', but of course you always heroically try. Please toddle off to BlueMoon - maybe being in that cesspool will finally bring you some peace.

On topic, think this is one of those signings that becomes more and more exciting the more I think about it. From what I've read, it sounds like he's a player who, with Klopp's guidance, is ready to take the step up to a higher level. Seems to have some seriously quick dribbling skills as well.

What a couple of days! Now just to put Lampard's plucky bunch of 18 year old academy lads (oh wait...) to the sword tomorrow to cap things off.

Yeah, he's made some belters.

Why are you not bothered about the FA cup? It's a major tournament which we should be going all out to win!  I get that it's hard to criticize Klopp but success can only be measured by trophies and Klopp so far has only won 1.  How many have City won in the last few years?

Can't even count either.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2020, 10:31:47 pm »
Welcome to the club Jota  :scarf

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2020, 10:51:35 pm »
I think this lad is going to fit in really well here. He's a little livewire, he's tenacious, can score and assist, is only 23 and has experience in this league with a really good Wolves side.

Yeah, he needs to improve and become more consistent but Klopp and the staff will love working with him to make him as good as he can be.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2020, 11:01:53 pm »
What an awful signing.  Jota was never good enough to be picked regularly at Wolves and when he was he was always subbed off early.  Can't understand this transfer at all.

You have wanted to start a new thread for quite a while. I think I speak for us all in saying we cannot wait to see it
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2020, 11:10:17 pm »
After doing some research, Portugal like to play with three up front Silva - Felix - Ronaldo

He came on for Ronaldo three times, started once in that position (right of front three) and came on once for Andre Silva who was playing instead of Felix against Luxembourg in the middle of the front three.

Basically he can cover comfortably both Salah and Firmino.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2020, 11:12:18 pm »
Excellent player Jota,  rated him for a while,  besides the obvious technical ability he has that Suarez / Salah awareness of using his body well to turn opponents / gain space / protect the ball.  No one wins a transfer window of course,  the proof is on the pitch,  but we've done our work at least,  Thiago in turn gives the first 11 something we didn't have before.  Not easy when you're already champions.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jota usurps Firmino at some point in the season. He can play that nominally central but roving role just fine.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 11:23:15 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2020, 11:20:21 pm »
I really, really like this signing. Hope I'm right.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2020, 11:37:19 pm »
I’ll admit Jota has passed me by a bit so far - whenever I’ve watched Wolves in the last year or so it has been Jimenez who has most caught my eye. But he does look like he could prove to be a really good fit for us. Very much looking forward to seeing him play.

Welcome Diogo!