Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 587281 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #2680 on: October 25, 2021, 09:18:18 am »
D'you know, the way he outmuscles Christiano Ronaldo to a loose ball, then does a Hamman on him, then calls on the dark arts to summon what should have been a red... he had a nervy first few minutes after he came on, but he's phenomenal really eh?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2681 on: October 25, 2021, 09:33:14 am »
D'you know, the way he outmuscles Christiano Ronaldo to a loose ball, then does a Hamman on him, then calls on the dark arts to summon what should have been a red... he had a nervy first few minutes after he came on, but he's phenomenal really eh?

It was an interesting moment Roy. He was quicker to the ball than the Man United player, but what really hurt the old fraud was Jones's skill - first the roll of the studs over the ball and then the drag back. Ronaldo didn't like that and therefore had three kicks at the kid. The final one, delivered after the whistle had blown, was meant to injure our man. Many people have described the action as "petulant." It wasn't that. It was born of fury. A straight red looked inevitable. You could see the entire Man United team breathe a sigh of relief when the yellow card was produced. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2682 on: October 25, 2021, 09:42:54 am »
Appreciate a lot of his game was against the ten men of United, but his numbers were still amazing. 5th highest completed passes, 4th highest carries with the highest progressive distance, joint 3rd highest pressures.

This lad is going to be such a top player.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: October 25, 2021, 11:51:14 am »
Thought he was going to score at the end as well.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2684 on: October 25, 2021, 11:54:12 am »
Appreciate a lot of his game was against the ten men of United, but his numbers were still amazing. 5th highest completed passes, 4th highest carries with the highest progressive distance, joint 3rd highest pressures.

This lad is going to be such a top player.

He's only 20 years old. He's got so much potential. For me his greatest attribute is taking the ball under pressure and moving in the right way to open up space. Supremely talented and I feel zero nerves when I see him coming off the bench.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2685 on: October 25, 2021, 12:38:37 pm »
He's only 20 years old. He's got so much potential. For me his greatest attribute is taking the ball under pressure and moving in the right way to open up space. Supremely talented and I feel zero nerves when I see him coming off the bench.

If he could reach the heights of Gini he would have done very well. I am even thinking about him reaching Henderson’s level because I feel he was better than Henderson at 20/21.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2686 on: October 25, 2021, 12:48:41 pm »
Thought he had a really ropey first 10 minutes or so when he came in and struggled to adapt to the pace of the game, but settled down towards the end of the half and it was pipe and slippers stuff in the second.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2687 on: October 25, 2021, 01:01:25 pm »

Good pace, strength an excellent piece of skill but most impressive, the lad didn't lose his head. Would have been easy to go and grab Ronaldo, kick back or lash out but he made it clear the kicking him was not on while keeping his cool

Excellent player and the more he matures and grows in confidence the more dangerous he will become. Love the fact he's so comfortable on either foot

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #2688 on: October 25, 2021, 01:35:45 pm »
Good pace, strength an excellent piece of skill but most impressive, the lad didn't lose his head. Would have been easy to go and grab Ronaldo, kick back or lash out but he made it clear the kicking him was not on while keeping his cool

Also helps that his teammates are straight on the scene to back him up after getting kicked like that, a sign of a great team. I thought he did very well again and it’s good that we can rely on him to perform when needed. Surely he gets a start midweek?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2689 on: October 25, 2021, 03:11:10 pm »

Actually thought he was weirdly sloppy for much of his performance - but very confident he'll be back to his form of a month ago. Might have been surprised to be launched into such a weird open game so early.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #2690 on: October 25, 2021, 03:27:15 pm »
Thought he had a really ropey first 10 minutes or so when he came in and struggled to adapt to the pace of the game, but settled down towards the end of the half and it was pipe and slippers stuff in the second.

I thought this too, lost possesion and at least one could have led to a goal if the opposition were good... but he settled in well then..
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2691 on: October 27, 2021, 12:23:46 pm »

Excellent player and the more he matures and grows in confidence the more dangerous he will become. Love the fact he's so comfortable on either foot

really good point - I've watched it 100 times and I'm really impressed by the maturity. The worst part is if he retaliated, Taylor would have gleefully sent him off.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2692 on: October 27, 2021, 12:27:45 pm »

I think he'll be first choice, there or thereabouts, between the end of this season and next. Him and Harvey Elliott will be the cornerstone of our midfield for years to come I reckon.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2693 on: October 27, 2021, 12:50:20 pm »
really good point - I've watched it 100 times and I'm really impressed by the maturity. The worst part is if he retaliated, Taylor would have gleefully sent him off.

A more seasoned pro might have remained on the turf and sought medical attention. I liked his honesty but can't help thinking that if he'd stayed down and shown more signs of physical distress his assailant might have got red.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2694 on: October 27, 2021, 12:54:27 pm »
A more seasoned pro might have remained on the turf and sought medical attention. I liked his honesty but can't help thinking that if he'd stayed down and shown more signs of physical distress his assailant might have got red.

I'd much prefer the blokes I'm supporting to gesture 'What the fuck? after being kicked to buggery and let their teammates deal with it than roll around like Bruno
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2695 on: October 27, 2021, 01:17:55 pm »

Neymar would have claimed a penalty for the Fernandes challenge.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2696 on: October 27, 2021, 02:15:26 pm »
He's massive massive for us this season. We absolutely need his services and he's delivering just right in time.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2697 on: October 27, 2021, 02:20:01 pm »

what really burns me is that the media have basically ignored what Ronaldo did, which imo was intent to injure, pure and simple.  what excuse could there be - he was expecting to kick the ball right through Jones and get possession back?

red card all day. 

can you bloody imagine if Jones had done it to him?  he wouldn't get out of Manchester alive.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2698 on: October 27, 2021, 02:25:10 pm »
what really burns me is that the media have basically ignored what Ronaldo did, which imo was intent to injure, pure and simple.  what excuse could there be - he was expecting to kick the ball right through Jones and get possession back?

red card all day. 

can you bloody imagine if Jones had done it to him?  he wouldn't get out of Manchester alive.

If it was the other way round, I'd have expected Solskjaer to claim Jones could've killed Ronaldo.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2699 on: October 27, 2021, 09:19:15 pm »
Need a gif of that little bit of touchline skill NOW.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2700 on: October 27, 2021, 09:54:51 pm »
Need a gif of that little bit of touchline skill NOW.

Yes. He’s a good player la. Love it

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #2701 on: October 27, 2021, 10:07:58 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2703 on: October 27, 2021, 10:13:28 pm »

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2704 on: October 27, 2021, 10:31:50 pm »
After that accident with Ronaldo, he took all his powers!

Left him his step overs though thankfully.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: October 28, 2021, 01:53:38 am »

Players aren’t as prepared when they come on for an injury substitution. When it’s tactical, they would have been told in advance, so they can warm up and get mentally prepared. When it’s an injury, they’re pulled off the bench and straight on.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2706 on: October 28, 2021, 01:59:09 am »
Left him his step overs though thankfully.

Aye  ;D

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #2707 on: October 28, 2021, 02:50:58 am »
After that accident with Ronaldo, he took all his powers!

:wellin
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2708 on: October 28, 2021, 03:03:35 pm »
Players aren’t as prepared when they come on for an injury substitution. When it’s tactical, they would have been told in advance, so they can warm up and get mentally prepared. When it’s an injury, they’re pulled off the bench and straight on.

a bit simplistic.  agree on the warming up, but if you're on the bench you have to be mentally ready to come on, so you have to be weighing up what's going on in the game and how the players you're likely to replace are doing (good and bad).

it's not like "oh shit, I have to play now!"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #2710 on: October 29, 2021, 07:27:37 pm »
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: October 30, 2021, 03:00:21 pm »
Goal today.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2712 on: October 30, 2021, 04:58:48 pm »
Think that was the worst game of football I've ever seen from him. Slow and sloppy in possession, somehow even worse when he didn't have the ball.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2713 on: October 30, 2021, 04:59:14 pm »
Played like he was running in treacle.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: October 30, 2021, 05:02:41 pm »
Not good enough to be stepping into the first team to replace the likes of Thiago or Fabino. We need to be spending money once that window opens.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #2715 on: October 30, 2021, 05:07:22 pm »
Good Lord. Give the young lad a break.
That's his 3rd match from Sunday....just after coming back from injury!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2716 on: October 30, 2021, 05:07:53 pm »
Played like he was running in treacle.
Just back from an injury. Not surprised he’s like that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #2717 on: October 30, 2021, 05:09:31 pm »
Curtis has some incredible skill, but without top end speed he's going to need to have better game IQ (eg Fabinho) and elite conditioning (think Henderson, Milner) to consistently play in this team.  He looked like he had run a marathon right before this game as he was so slow in action and thought today.  That shouldn't be happening to a 20 year old after playing in midweek.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2718 on: October 30, 2021, 05:12:45 pm »
Don't think anyone in the team stood out today and it would be fair to say Potter outsmarted us tactically. The midfield shape was poor and Brighton could break the lines too easily.

Some of the posts in here are a bit disrespectful to a kid who'll be here a long time and has all the talent required to succeed. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2719 on: October 30, 2021, 05:15:03 pm »
he was dog but he'll learn and he's just come back from injury. Yes he was ponderous and he was lost off the ball (which has happened multiple times before notably both City goals) but he's only gonna learn by playing. More concerning was the 40m wannabe midfielder doing absolutely fuck all.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England