Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 823616 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #6840 on: October 13, 2021, 02:24:21 am »
International break

Saturday Oct. 16th
Watford v Liverpool
7:30 Am
NBCSN

Update

Looks like they've moved this match to Peacock Premium.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6841 on: October 13, 2021, 03:34:33 am »
Update

Looks like they've moved this match to Peacock Premium.

Fuckers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6842 on: October 16, 2021, 02:31:55 pm »
Tuesday Oct. 19th
Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
3:00 Pm Eastern
Paramount +

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6843 on: October 17, 2021, 08:16:51 pm »
Tuesday Oct. 19th
Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
3:00 Pm Eastern
Paramount +
It also on Univision.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6844 on: October 19, 2021, 12:44:08 pm »
This is disappointing.  Looks like Fox is getting the Euro's in both 2024 and 2028 in addition to the Nations league and Euro qualifiers.

Potentially the worst network for watching games. 

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/en/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Media/2021/10/18

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6845 on: October 19, 2021, 01:26:00 pm »
This is disappointing.  Looks like Fox is getting the Euro's in both 2024 and 2028 in addition to the Nations league and Euro qualifiers.

Potentially the worst network for watching games. 

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/en/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Media/2021/10/18

Dunno, thought Fox offered good coverage of matc-…what’s this?   Instead of the match they’re showing NASCAR…..practice?

Their coverage was horrendous for a solid decade.  Bad news
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6846 on: October 19, 2021, 02:42:49 pm »
While all that was true about Fox...

NBC has Peacock Premium.

CBS has Paramount Plus.

Guess what Fox will do. Come up with another internet platform to watch the match so they can charge extra money. Either monthly or annually.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6847 on: October 19, 2021, 05:12:47 pm »
While all that was true about Fox...

NBC has Peacock Premium.

CBS has Paramount Plus.

Guess what Fox will do. Come up with another internet platform to watch the match so they can charge extra money. Either monthly or annually.

You mean Fox Soccer Match Plus?  It would take Fox getting the PL to ever think about giving them a penny of my money again.  Going from CBS or NBC coverage to Fox is also insulting these days to almost any fan but the most casual who can somehow still tolerate Alexi Lalas's terrible opinions.  About to lump ESPN in with Fox now as while I really like Jon Champion I'm about at my breaking point with Taylor Twellman.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #6848 on: October 19, 2021, 09:14:50 pm »
Anyone watching on Paramount lost the stream?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6849 on: October 19, 2021, 09:28:56 pm »
Yep, and they have the audacity to be tweeting highlights out from all the games that no one can actually watch and they’re rightfully getting called out in their mentions. Remains to be seen if they’ll do anything about it before full time.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6850 on: October 19, 2021, 10:10:28 pm »
Uhh, I never lost the stream.  Also had the Golazo feed on my iPad at the same time.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6851 on: October 19, 2021, 10:10:46 pm »
Switched to Univision when they dropped the stream.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6852 on: October 19, 2021, 10:12:13 pm »
Sunday Oct. 24th
11:30 Am Eastern
Manchester United v Liverpool
NBCSN

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6853 on: October 20, 2021, 02:06:03 am »
You mean Fox Soccer Match Plus?  It would take Fox getting the PL to ever think about giving them a penny of my money again.  Going from CBS or NBC coverage to Fox is also insulting these days to almost any fan but the most casual who can somehow still tolerate Alexi Lalas's terrible opinions.  About to lump ESPN in with Fox now as while I really like Jon Champion I'm about at my breaking point with Taylor Twellman.

Same here.  Will never give Fox another cent, unless I absolutely have to in order to watch Liverpool play. 

It does sound like ESPN and CBS both are going to try and get the PL in the next round of bidding which is coming right up. 

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6854 on: October 24, 2021, 06:38:24 pm »
Wed. October 27th
Preston North End v Liverpool
2:45 Pm Eastern
ESPN +

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6855 on: October 25, 2021, 08:07:49 am »
I'm about at my breaking point with Taylor Twellman.

Twellman is one of those pundits who was able to talk eloquently about the MLS when he retired from I think a winning team, but has now been totally over run by better presenters who are either Brits in the US or former US male or female players. I don't mind Tim Howard as a pundit. I wonder if Clint Dempsey has ever tried media work.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6856 on: October 25, 2021, 11:49:33 am »
Twellman is one of those pundits who was able to talk eloquently about the MLS when he retired from I think a winning team, but has now been totally over run by better presenters who are either Brits in the US or former US male or female players. I don't mind Tim Howard as a pundit. I wonder if Clint Dempsey has ever tried media work.

Not sure if you are being serious - he was a host during the summer I believe for Euro or Olympics - something visible....it was....horrific.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6857 on: October 25, 2021, 08:17:19 pm »

I do have some sympathy for Twellman in that his career was cut short by head injuries but he seems to have taken the notorious USMNT rant as something that has to be done consistently now but about everything and it's just tiring.  I guess better than Neville flat out lying or Lalas just making shit up but it's getting really old for me especially when it's done on European games and teams which he clearly wouldn't have any relation to.  I guess maybe growing up listening to John Madden or now hearing Tony Romo I think the ideal color commentator/analyst should be trying to explain to casual viewers what is happening and make them appreciate and understand the game more, not just give hot takes and move on.  Especially for UK/European based TV coverage I'm surprised there isn't more ex-Managers being used instead of it being all ex-players.  That's not to say ex-players can't be good but most were focused on their specific slice of the game plan and not coming up with one or analyzing what worked or not work.  The types of people that actually teach the game.

Not sure if you are being serious - he was a host during the summer I believe for Euro or Olympics - something visible....it was....horrific.

He was doing the USMNT coverage for CBS on Paramount+ and I actually thought he was really good. 

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6858 on: October 27, 2021, 05:33:25 am »

I really liked Dempsey as a gutsy player in the prem and he just seemed like someone who has played at the highest level (UEFA cup final and WC) and I thought would have a lot to offer. Twellman always comes across to me as a private school kid who had the privilege's of life and was frustratingly naturally brilliant at everything just never really connected with me at all. He just comes across as a bit smarmy to me. Twellman was a known name in the MLS but never made it past signing for a German side but never playing at first team level, nowhere near Dempseys level.

I have not seen Dempseys punditry at all, he is just one of the recent crop of US players that seemed like he may have something to offer.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6859 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:28 pm »
I really liked Dempsey as a gutsy player in the prem and he just seemed like someone who has played at the highest level (UEFA cup final and WC) and I thought would have a lot to offer. Twellman always comes across to me as a private school kid who had the privilege's of life and was frustratingly naturally brilliant at everything just never really connected with me at all. He just comes across as a bit smarmy to me. Twellman was a known name in the MLS but never made it past signing for a German side but never playing at first team level, nowhere near Dempseys level.

I have not seen Dempseys punditry at all, he is just one of the recent crop of US players that seemed like he may have something to offer.

So that's an interesting point - because Dempsey was the opposite of that I believe. His commentary - which admittedly was probably a new thing for him - was really choppy and seemed like he was still on the playgrounds. The analysis was ok - I'm sure it could get better though if given time.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6860 on: October 27, 2021, 10:09:20 pm »
Saturday Oct. 30th
Liverpool v Brighton
10:00 Am Eastern
USA network.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6861 on: October 27, 2021, 10:26:18 pm »
So that's an interesting point - because Dempsey was the opposite of that I believe. His commentary - which admittedly was probably a new thing for him - was really choppy and seemed like he was still on the playgrounds. The analysis was ok - I'm sure it could get better though if given time.

Dempsey grew up in a trailer park in Nacogdoches, TX.  Nobody gave him shit.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6862 on: October 27, 2021, 10:30:05 pm »
Was taken aback by Dempsey on the Fox pregame, halftime and postgame coverage for the USMNT. Never struck me as somebody with a desire to get in front of the camera, one of the many things I love about the man. Didn't really think he was great by any means, but he's Clint Dempsey from the piney woods of east Texas, so he can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned.  ;D

I don't mind Twellman on the coverage, appreciate his bluntness about the state of US soccer.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6863 on: October 30, 2021, 05:11:24 pm »
Wednesday Nov. 3rd
Liverpool v Atletico Madrid
4:00 Pm Eastern
Paramount +

Europe rolls their clocks back tomorrow. We roll them back next weekend.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6864 on: November 2, 2021, 12:44:10 am »
FYI - NBCSN is no more as of January 1, 2022: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/en/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Media/2021/11/01

USA Network will pick up many of the Premier League games previously on NBCSN, but other NBC Channels (like CNBC and E!) will also pick up NBCSN sports coverage.

No news yet on where (presumably other than Peacock streaming) the game on January 2 against Chelsea will be shown.

Offline Drippy Dick

• probably due to the tumble tossing
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6865 on: November 2, 2021, 10:47:57 am »
Wednesday Nov. 3rd
Liverpool v Atletico Madrid
4:00 Pm Eastern
Paramount +

Europe rolls their clocks back tomorrow. We roll them back next weekend.

Any Boise, ID reds on here that can recommend a pub to watch this one at? Will be in Boise on Wednesday.
I live my life for the stars that shine

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6866 on: November 3, 2021, 10:24:54 pm »
Sunday Nov. 7th
West Ham v Liverpool
11:30 Am Eastern
NBCSN

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6867 on: November 7, 2021, 06:40:01 pm »
Saturday Nov. 20th
Liverpool v Arsenal
12:30 Pm Eastern
NBC

Offline edgar23

• Boys Pen
« Reply #6868 on: November 8, 2021, 02:24:11 pm »
Hi, Any Boston Reds in here? In Boston during the Arsenal game, any recommendations for pubs or bars to watch it in?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6869 on: November 8, 2021, 02:56:26 pm »
Hi, Any Boston Reds in here? In Boston during the Arsenal game, any recommendations for pubs or bars to watch it in?

Simple answer is ask them...

CAMBRIDGE, UNITED STATES
We meet for every game at the Phoenix Landing, in Cambridge MA.

Website URL: www.lfcboston.com

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6870 on: November 11, 2021, 01:02:34 am »
Phoenix Landing is sound.

Used to go there when my wife lived in Cambridge. Funny story - took her for our first date there to (sneakily) watch the Newcastle game around six years ago. We ended up losing that game. Thankfully, the marriage has worked out splendidly :P

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #6871 on: November 14, 2021, 11:38:28 pm »
Anyone know if you need a booking for Carraghers in NYC to watch the game? If so, it’s booked out. Any other places to recommend for Arsenal game?

EDIT: I know I have watched LFC v Blackburn (that Torres goal) in 11th St bar, so guess there is always there! Do you have to book? Can’t see a booking process online.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 11:49:15 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline polishmike

• Main Stander
« Reply #6872 on: November 15, 2021, 01:41:48 am »
Anyone know if you need a booking for Carraghers in NYC to watch the game? If so, it’s booked out. Any other places to recommend for Arsenal game?

EDIT: I know I have watched LFC v Blackburn (that Torres goal) in 11th St bar, so guess there is always there! Do you have to book? Can’t see a booking process online.
No reservations at the 11th St Bar but show up early if you want a seat. The bar will be packed.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6873 on: November 15, 2021, 03:38:44 pm »
The Premier League is closing in on a record-breaking television rights deal in the United States.

Second-round bids for the rights, which have been held by NBC since 2013, are due to close by 18 November.

The six-season deal from 2022-2028 could raise up to $2bn (£1.49bn) with NBC, CBS and ESPN vying for the rights.

That would double the current amount and vindicate the Premier League's approach to selling their TV rights, which continue to increase in value.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6874 on: November 15, 2021, 07:13:51 pm »
The Premier League is closing in on a record-breaking television rights deal in the United States.

Second-round bids for the rights, which have been held by NBC since 2013, are due to close by 18 November.

The six-season deal from 2022-2028 could raise up to $2bn (£1.49bn) with NBC, CBS and ESPN vying for the rights.

That would double the current amount and vindicate the Premier League's approach to selling their TV rights, which continue to increase in value.
Wouldn't mind NBC retaining the rights or ESPN getting them. God help us if CBS gets the rights though. They'd probably try to bring back Alexi Lalas.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6875 on: November 16, 2021, 12:14:13 pm »
Wouldn't mind NBC retaining the rights or ESPN getting them. God help us if CBS gets the rights though. They'd probably try to bring back Alexi Lalas.

I read the other day that the ESPN bid is a joint bid with CBS.  CBS does a great job with their Champions League coverage so you'd hope they'd have a similar setup for PL games. 

My preference would be ESPN just so I can remove one of the streaming services I have to subscribe to in order to watch football. 

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6876 on: November 16, 2021, 05:17:45 pm »
Didn't see the ESPN/CBS joint bid, that would be odd as they are both trying to build out competing streaming services.  CBS has especially picked up as much soccer as they possibly can for Paramount+ and I agree with Suareznumber7 that their CL and EL production is top notch and hope it's either them or stays with NBC.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6877 on: November 16, 2021, 05:56:19 pm »
I think the coverage you get in the US is far superior to what we get in the UK, presenters, most of the pundits and especially the commentary teams that go with NBC's coverage are fantastic (some notable exceptions being Danny Higginbotham)

It would be a shame to lose Rebecca Lowe in particular, Sky's coverage in comparison is absolutely woeful.

Not seen much of the CBS/Paramount offering so won't comment on that, ESPN+ in the main seems to be just the coverage rather than any studio based discussion so would imagine that would change if there is a change of provider
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6878 on: November 16, 2021, 07:09:07 pm »
Paramount studio host for the CL is usually Kate Abdo with Carragher, Micah Richards, and another. Sometimes Thierry Henry.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #6879 on: November 16, 2021, 08:24:25 pm »
No reservations at the 11th St Bar but show up early if you want a seat. The bar will be packed.

I'm in NY this weekend, booked carras though as five min from our hotel.

Went to good few games at 11th years ago, went back couple years later and they remembered me. Probably bit busier these times but think they have an overflow to the Grafton near by.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci