Poll

Predict Match Results (only one vote per fixture) UEFA CUP FINALS (CL & EL)

Win - S Germany Consortium
Draw - S Germany- Dutch Consortium
Win - Dutch Consortium
Win - Feyenoord
Draw - Feyenoord-Deportivo
Win - Deportivo La Coruna

Author Topic: RAWK Anonymous UEFA ECL & Europa Draft (Managers Thread) KNOCKOUTS - FINALS  (Read 56876 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
As reigning champion, I assume I'm *1 in the hat?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Quick reminder - subterfuge just for the sake of it early doors will not carry points until after teams have been built/confirmed and the ECL draw has been posted

Do not waste your best stuff gloating you’ve got Portugal and the first selection for teams plus 2 steals because it won’t count and can only harm you

The Commish

Now go back to your regularly scheduled show of watching Bobby celebrate!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:26:20 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The assignments are here

The assignments are here

I will be sending them out tonight after I've had dinner
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lads,

Now that teams have all been assigned a couple things.

1.  PM me with any questions.  I am sure you will have them.

2.  If you received a top 8 ranked team

Milan Consortium                      AC Milan & Inter Milan
             Real Madrid                                         Madridistas
             S German Consortium               Bayern Munich & Stuttgart
             NW Italy Consortium                     Juventus & Sampdoria
             Liverpool                                         The Mighty Reds
             Barcelona                                        The Blue Grauna
             Brazilian Consortium             Botafogo, Santos, Corinthians, Colo Colo
             Dutch Consortium                               Ajax & PSV

Please get me your lists of players who are protected from steals and any one-club exemptions ---------->  We are waiting on you to begin the Steals process

3.    If you were assigned a team not from the above consortium list, please begin thinking about whom you might like to STEAL from these nasty, dirty oligarchs who poach all the good players and leave you with nothing time and time again!

I will provide you with a list of players who you may not steal from these clubs.   It is your jobs to know who you can steal.

4.     No team ranked 1 to 6 can lose more than 3 players
        No team ranked 7 or 8 can lose more than 1 player
        Maximum of 3 exempted one-club players per any consortium

*** NASL or MLS do not count for one club players exemption (Pele would qualify as a one-club exemption; Steven Gerrard too)

Let's get cracking!!!!

The manager of the top 8 consortiums get me your lists!!!!
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 04:30:46 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Was there any rule in the end on having to have players from certain decades, or is it just a free for all? Gonna be nailed if I need to find some 00s players!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was there any rule in the end on having to have players from certain decades, or is it just a free for all? Gonna be nailed if I need to find some 00s players!
yeah same as last time. Must have atleast 1 from one decade. No more than 3 from the same one

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
yeah same as last time. Must have atleast 1 from one decade. No more than 3 from the same one

Oh really? I suppose that was written in “the rules” somewhere was it? Bollocks!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh really? I suppose that was written in “the rules” somewhere was it? Bollocks!
yeah it's on the first''page of trends no post thread! You can also add players from 50s and 60s once you've picked at least one from the other decades

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Man I have too many options. Some all time great strikers not making my team (or being added back in if someone else gets poached).

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :lmao just realised i was given a team in me messages. Completely missed that message. was gutted

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
This one has span my tiny mind. Fully expecting to submit my team and be told it's absolutely wrong on many counts.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm still a little confused with the multiple clubs thing

So, as an example....if I have Barca and pick Ronaldo. And then the Real Madrid manager also picks Ronaldo. But I have Ronaldo protected and Real Madrid dont, would I then get him? Or if someone decided to steal him from me if he wasn't protected. Basically is there any way I can guarantee getting Ronaldo for Barca.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

So, as an example....if I have Barca and pick Ronaldo. And then the Real Madrid manager also picks Ronaldo. But I have Ronaldo protected and Real Madrid dont, would I then get him? Or if someone decided to steal him from me if he wasn't protected. Basically is there any way I can guarantee getting Ronaldo for Barca.

This is why I think we should actually draft (if reverse order).

Then the top consortiums can prioritise their top picks.  Also they need to think carefully as which players to get early as some might be poached by other teams.  Think that's better than the most appearances.

Prioritise who you really want by draft.

The drafting is the most fun part too and makes it more tactical.  Gives the smaller teams more chance as well.  Think it's better for both big and smaller teams.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 11:42:21 am by JordanTremenderson »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

I hadn’t thought of that. So in your example will Ronaldo only appear in one final team? You couldn’t have a situation where he appears for more than one?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hadn’t thought of that. So in your example will Ronaldo only appear in one final team? You couldn’t have a situation where he appears for more than one?

I assume its part of the fun, the risk of going for someone like that and then also potentially missing out on someone else.

Like at the moment I'm thinking, hypothetically obviously, if I go for Ronaldo for Barca with Romario and Messi then I'm risking one of them getting pinched but also then maybe Luis Suarez gets taken elsewhere by Liverpool or Ajax

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yes if you have him protected you keep him. If you don't and two teams choose him, the one with most appearances for claims him

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My preliminary team is in. Along with protected players and one club servants. Laters ladies :wave

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Then the top consortiums can prioritise their top picks.  Also they need to think carefully as which players to get early as some might be poached by other teams.  Think that's better than the most appearances.

The drafting is the most fun part too and makes it more tactical.  Gives the smaller teams more chance as well.  Think it's better for both big and smaller teams.
Only 2 or 3 players are eligable to be stolen from the big teams (although how it ended up 2 or 3 i'm not sure. Was 2 originally unless im missing something), so most of who they draft would be kept anyway so there's no point really in doing a round by round draft, they'll get most of who they want

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Only Trend would put Messi, Ronaldo, Romario and Suarez on the same team. And he'd still find a way to lose it!

• Kopite
Only 2 or 3 players are eligable to be stolen from the big teams (although how it ended up 2 or 3 i'm not sure. Was 2 originally unless im missing something), so most of who they draft would be kept anyway so there's no point really in doing a round by round draft, they'll get most of who they want

But wouldn't it make it more interesting?

Oh he's got him so I need to get X now. etc.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But wouldn't it make it more interesting?

Oh he's got him so I need to get X now. etc.
Think of how much fun it'll be putting a team together and being told to start again!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Just woke up - so here we go

In this scenario Ronaldo goes to the team who he has made the most appearances for first

Other teams cannot just pick him in their sides unless he is stolen
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

All drafting is being done through me --- since you know we are doing anonymity and such...

We are doing our second clubs in reverse order as we are stealing picks in reverse order....

Its just not public about who got who
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 12:19:12 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes if you have him protected you keep him. If you don't and two teams choose him, the one with most appearances for claims him

Almost....

The teams who have players with the most appearances with their assigned clubs can start building their teams.

Managers from top 7 teams can 2 protect two players who played at their clubs who have the most appearances in their careers at that club

Friday is a day where 2nd choice or 3rd choice players get sorted out even though they are quality.  Let's use Liverpool for example.

Xabi Alonso just for shit and giggles

He is first a Real Madrid player - since he had 158 appearances with them

Of course there are so many players for Real that if he is not protected then he would fall to Liverpool

Of course there so many players for Liverpool he would fall to Real Sociedad (who is not yet in the ECL)

So then he would fall to Bayern.

So since he is last in appearance with Bayern, technically Bayern could protect him but would they?

Ultimately, the teams who have to protect players will only have two players (and they will be sure things).   

So LFC does not want to waste a valuable protection on Alonso, neither does Bayern. 

But Alonso could fall to these teams as the manager of Real will have choices to make at different position because of the decade rule.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 12:50:04 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
So two teams can't have the same player then?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So two teams can't have the same player then?

No...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Ooh. Not sure I have any one club player options at mine so I’m preparing to have my heart broken multiple times over.

• Kopite
Should I be submitting my team to Trend?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should I be submitting my team to Trend?
if you got a top team, then yes, by this evening

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Picking a second team will be a nightmare. Some joke teams left.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I understand it probably would have been too much work for Trend. But I think it would have been less confusing for many if everyone submitted their first 11s, they were all shared in the open (anonymously), and then steals were taken only from those posted teams. It would also add a tactical element, as that way the stealers could think about how best to fuck over the big teams by stealing from key positions/decades they're weakest in. The bottom 8 would also have to think carefully about what steals they made as they would then have to oust a player from their team to accomodate them and fit them in their formation, all while balancing the decade restrictions.

This way round is interesting in another way though. It's actually possible the stealers will take players that the top 8 weren't even planning on picking. I think it's a lot trickier for the top 8 to know who to protect as well, since they still don't exactly know which players will be theirs at the end of it (i.e. in Trend's Alonso example where 3 teams could possibly get him. But they will only know after the steals whether the main team has picked him or not, so they can't really plan for using said player).

I'm wondering now whether the bottom 8 will really be the bottom 8 after this process! I think a few top 8 teams could totally collapse if as many as 3 steals are taken from them and/or certain key areas are butchered.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I'm at the stage now where the bottom teams were the best to get, and they'll also get the best 2nd teams available aswell!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So the second teams are just literally any who havent been named in the first round?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
No idea what's going on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Kopite
I understand it probably would have been too much work for Trend. But I think it would have been less confusing for many if everyone submitted their first 11s, they were all shared in the open (anonymously), and then steals were taken only from those posted teams. It would also add a tactical element, as that way the stealers could think about how best to fuck over the big teams by stealing from key positions/decades they're weakest in. The bottom 8 would also have to think carefully about what steals they made as they would then have to oust a player from their team to accomodate them and fit them in their formation, all while balancing the decade restrictions.

This way round is interesting in another way though. It's actually possible the stealers will take players that the top 8 weren't even planning on picking. I think it's a lot trickier for the top 8 to know who to protect as well, since they still don't exactly know which players will be theirs at the end of it (i.e. in Trend's Alonso example where 3 teams could possibly get him. But they will only know after the steals whether the main team has picked him or not, so they can't really plan for using said player).

I'm wondering now whether the bottom 8 will really be the bottom 8 after this process! I think a few top 8 teams could totally collapse if as many as 3 steals are taken from them and/or certain key areas are butchered.

Drafting them would make it even more tactical.

Think it's the fairest way.  Some teams I see having little chance otherwise.  Big teams still have the advantage of depth, smaller teams have a chance to get the few top players they have.

Choices need to be made and in which order.

• Kopite
So the second teams are just literally any who havent been named in the first round?

We pick another team after we've done this part.

So we'll end up with two teams eventually.  But we're doing team one first.

We pick our second team out of any other teams not used in this part. 

That's my understanding.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I pick a team, I then find out all my players bar the protected two are taken by others I think. And maybe my protected two as well if someone else has requested them.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yeah. The bottom team gets first pick. The top of top 8 pick last

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Do not forget, we have Reshuffling Friday: See the Rules thread :)

There will be blood.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Drafting them would make it even more tactical.

Think it's the fairest way.  Some teams I see having little chance otherwise.  Big teams still have the advantage of depth, smaller teams have a chance to get the few top players they have.

Choices need to be made and in which order.

We are drafting them...... just not in public (anonymity).   

I am doing the dirty work of helping you draft teams in private, but first top teams have to pull it out and show it to everybody (who they are keeping and who they are allowing to be stolen).

Then we go to second teams.

Then on Friday --- lineups are submitted.   Posted for everyone to see.   And then 24 hours to make changes and confirm with me changes (as many teams will want to see who is chosen and which 2nd/3rd and 4th choices were overlooked by their clubs.

Its easy lads --- no anxiety needed
« Last Edit: February 1, 2021, 02:15:38 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: