Author Topic: FAC: Liverpool 4 vs 1 Salop Utdoh 27’, Gordon 33’ Fabinho 44’ Bobby 79’ Fab 90+2  (Read 20069 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good result in the circumstances.

Happy for Gordon getting the goal, very composed. Tyler Morton morphing in to Thiago for the last 15 minutes was nice to see. Lots to like about Connor Bradley - good on the ball, a bit of a physical presence, smart in attack - although he’s a bit slow off the mark that would worry me against some PL wingers. Was excellent today aside from their goal, if not for Fabinho he’s probably man of the match for me.

Job done. Let’s try and win this one.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Please don't say nobody heard the Gerrard's song. It's on my TV.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Thought it was a sloppy performance, but that's understandable with so many players missing/just coming back.  Would've been a much trickier game had we been away from home.

Bradley was very good, and Gordon had a solid first half and great goal.  Morton looked stronger and more confident as the game went on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Good to see some of the youngsters and even better to twat 4 goals in against the absolute shower of shite which are the Shrewsbury fans. Bunch of fucking inbreds.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Nice to see so many of the kids get a run out.  A nice mix with the dominant central defence pairing as that's generally been where we've struggled when we've named young line-ups.

The game improved massively towards the end when Shrewsbury came out of their shells a bit.  That said, you can see why they didn't do it earlier!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
4-1 and it couldn't have been much better. Lots of kids got to play, we didn't let their goal bother us, Gordon with a goal, Firmino back with one of his goals and we are in the next round. Then of course Fabinho with two goals. Only slight concern is Robertson. Hope he's alright, it looked nasty that tackle.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
All good.

Some nice goals, hopefully no injuries (Robbo?!), and some needed minutes for a few.

Even the absolute misery and his even more miserable co-commentaror doing commentary on tv over ‘ere (world feed I presume) couldn’t spoil that.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Was a bit nervy for large spells of the game but I'm happy that many youngsters got more first team action.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully Robbo’s injury is not serious - its the last thing we need right now
Obviously hope it isn't serious as well but genuinely might be the only position we have senior cover for at the moment. Definitely a few other positions we could do without an injury to!

Comfortable second half. Didn't really need to push ourselves and plenty academy players got a run out. Good game

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Solid. Those commentators were absolute twats though (particularly the thinly veiled racism from one of them towards Konate)

Agree they were horrible twats but not sure what you're referring to there mate?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Bless the Shrewsbury fans. It's almost as if they think that we care about what they sing whereas in reality most of us forgot they even existed as a club until the draw was made.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Job done, great to see fab score. Hope Robbo is ok.
Shrews fans can fuck off with them singing the gerrard song and all.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Score line really flatters us, I mean I know we had a lot of the ball but it wasn't a 4-1 game. We constantly played ourselves into trouble at the back. Least we took our opportunities well.

Great to see Firmino back.

Well is Fab for 2 goals well taken.

You're too kind

:lmao :lmao

We were, understandably of course, shite

:lmao :lmao

BTW, Not sure if if it was the TV crew playing silly buggers but I've not heard Anfield sound so subdued ever

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Shrewsbury fans, as gormless as about every other set of fans in England.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The commentary on the Stream was doing my head in. The Co commentator sounded as if he were at a funeral.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A bit of a bore to be honest. But at least some of the kids acquitted themselves well. Really liked the maturity of the performance from them, played with more poise than some of the senior players. A little end product helps also.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
Shrewsbury travelling support singing about Gerrard slipping. ;D I mean, the guy is bigger than your whole club will ever be, but go on.

Was fucking funny to see Fab smash in a goal to shut them up quickly.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
pretty comfortable throughout and mainly played at a walking pace so all good.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure why people are saying we we lucky or undeserved. Sloppy passes in the first half granted, but total control after that. 4-1 win with shrewsbury having 2 shots and 17% possession.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
The FA Cup: good in theory, fairly fucking tedious in practice. Well done to get this out of the way under difficult circumstances.
Yeah, this, 100%. Has become a tawdry affair full of kicking and booting, with commentators hungry for a 'giant killing' and referees complicit in levelling the playing field. You just want to get through to the later rounds where decent games can be played. Today Liverpool played 5 youth players and some of their second string. Still Shrewsbury sat deep and refused to make a game of it. So boring. And then at the end as they were clearly losing, they began booting players. Dogshit.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Football fans are football fans, just forget about it we are through.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
The commentary on the Stream was doing my head in. The Co commentator sounded as if he were at a funeral.

Anyone else catch him muttering under his breath 'knew that would happen' after Bobby scored our 3rd? ;D

The commentators were biased enough today to make Tyler and Neville blush.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Did anyone hear the helmet on the bet365 stream, imagine having to sit next to that for 90 minutes

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
All good.

Some nice goals, hopefully no injuries (Robbo?!), and some needed minutes for a few.

Even the absolute misery and his even more miserable co-commentaror doing commentary on tv over ‘ere (world feed I presume) couldn’t spoil that.

Were they the ones who called Klopp’s record in the FA cup “shocking”?
Right pair of dopey sods
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Score line really flatters us, I mean I know we had a lot of the ball but it wasn't a 4-1 game. We constantly played ourselves into trouble at the back. Least we took our opportunities well.

Great to see Firmino back.

Well is Fab for 2 goals well taken.

just more clinical. could have been 5 or 6 if we took our chances. there are games where we had 20 shots and 1 point. thats football isn't it.

the high line we play means we will get into trouble but we mostly will bail ourselves out of it as our team defending is pretty solid. konate is such a front foot defender its crazy that snuffs out any sort of danger at the half way line.

honestly thought is going to be a tough game when we go down. the young guns are pretty decent bunch aren't they.

shrewsbury didnt offer much of a threat other than long balls and the officiating was pretty ok considering what we have come to expect when it comes to the "magic of the cup"

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
Any thoughts on why Jones played so timidly?  Seemed very uncharacteristic, but maybe it's just the result of not getting much match time for a long while. 

Offline MH41

• Kopite
Yes, who were they? Dreadful. "Liverpool are always easy to get at" etc. Very negative. He hadn't a clue

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Enjoyed that. Mostly comfortable performance aside from the five minute spell in the run up to their goal where our back five made countless sloppy mistakes.

Bradley and Morton both looked very fit, continuing to contribute and compete for the full 90. Bradley had an especially good game, playing a big part in two goals. Enjoys a sliding tackle too. I suspect he's just made it easier for the club to sanction Neco getting the move/loan that he wants for minutes next season.

Gordon put in some lovely touches, and clearly has excellent technique. COuldn't quite weave it all together for extended spells, but did great to score and shows he can contribute even when not massively involved. Once he tired around 50 or so minutes his decision making really dropped off, but looked smart enough before fatigue set in

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Yeah, this, 100%. Has become a tawdry affair full of kicking and booting, with commentators hungry for a 'giant killing' and referees complicit in levelling the playing field. You just want to get through to the later rounds where decent games can be played. Today Liverpool played 5 youth players and some of their second string. Still Shrewsbury sat deep and refused to make a game of it. So boring. And then at the end as they were clearly losing, they began booting players. Dogshit.

Why would they come out and play?  They would've been torn apart.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Any thoughts on why Jones played so timidly?  Seemed very uncharacteristic, but maybe it's just the result of not getting much match time for a long while.

He's been out for a while, it does take time for them to get their rhythm back.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Thought he was very poor today

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
The ref had a good game ?!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fans of clubs like Shrewsbury are always going to come and sing banter songs at Anfield. The decent-sized group of fans walking through Liverpool singing ‘fuck the 96’ though - different story. These are grown men. Pathetic.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Never in doubt. Good outing by Morton and Bradley too

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Shrewsbury fans, as gormless as about every other set of fans in England.

Tory voting serfs.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Job done. Loved Konate's reaction and laugh when celebrating with the group after Fab's second goal :D
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Any live stream to the draw?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

he was injured for a good while, so not that he wasn’t getting played.

Probably lacking in confidence, having an eye injury like that is likely quite a scary situation.

Good for him today to just get the minutes under his belt.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97

EFL fan set mentality, wasn’t surprised to hear it to be honest.

Was good to see some of the younger players today and Jones getting more mins on the pitch.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
Agree they were horrible twats but not sure what you're referring to there mate?

Saying Konate can't defend but he is very athletically gifted. Firstly, its fucking bollocks (his technique is exceptional and is a very sound defender), secondly it feeds into the common racial trope to reduce black players to their physical attributes.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.