Author Topic: PL: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool Jota ‘26 Bobby ‘65 Mo ‘74  (Read 27389 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool Jota ‘26 Bobby ‘65 Mo ‘74
« on: August 14, 2021, 03:51:46 pm »
The new season is upon us. If you read the transfer thread, we're either going to win the league or we're two injuries away from catastrophe. People eh? Can't live with them, can't kill them.

But a new season always brings that enthusiasm we had when we first started going to games. Walking to the ground during an Indian summer (are we allowed to use that phrase still or has it been cancelled like the word 'curry'?), brand new Liverpool top, freshly laundered underwear and fish and chips after several bevvies. Then stepping in fresh dog shit, going arse over tit and dropping your chippy dinner all over the road. While your so-called mates laugh. Bastards.

Nevertheless, the excitement of what is to come over the following nine months or so puts a spring into your step as you hurry towards the ground. My very first match at Anfield was against our opponents this weekend back in the days when I was a scruffy teenager, whereas now I'm just scruffy. They were the league leaders at the time I think and we could only manage a 0-0 draw. 79/80 season. Still, I got to see Kenny and Bob. Also got to see the legend that was Martin 'world cup winner' Peters, though not sure what the fuss was all about if I'm honest. Bit shit really. Just kind of stood around various parts of the pitch pointing at nothing in particular and shouting loudly. Justin Fashanu played though, now there was a talent. Later that season in the corresponding fixture, he'd score the 'goal of the season' as voted for by Jimmy Hill. Nobody else was allowed to vote iirc. Personally, I think he only won the award because it was against us. And what Clemmo was doing for the goal I don't know, awful goalkeeping. I mean who dives for the ball after it's gone in the net. Beggars belief.

I typed 'interesting facts about Norwich' into Google and got 0 results, which says a lot about possibly one of the most desolate wastelands this side of the Milky Way. There really is nothing good to be said about the place. And don't get me started on what passes for an accent down there. So if Jurgen has got any sense, he'll get the lads to turn up about half an hour before kick off and after the final whistle, piss off sharpish. With the three points obviously.

I know this is only a brief preview, and a bit of a shit one at that, but I know how you like to have a few days discussing strategies, formations and team sheets. So I would like to point out that some of us have jobs. With no internet access. And with no time for idle chit chat on forums. I really don't know where some of you find so much time to post stuff to be honest. Sad but also mildly impressive.

Anyway, carry on. Up the Reds. And may the best Liverpool team win.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 07:01:26 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Norwich v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 03:53:55 pm »
May have got the sizes of the badges a bit uneven there… ah well.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 03:56:45 pm »

You need a lesson on Gimp.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 04:42:08 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 04:43:16 pm »
W

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 05:28:39 pm »

;)
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 05:31:37 pm »
0 and we’re underway… a proper atmosphere at Carrow road.  So good to hear.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 05:32:50 pm »
1 lobbed ball over the top to Jota, but the keeper is out quickly to clear up.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 05:34:59 pm »
3 Norwich have their tails up and a fervent crowd behind them.  But you can still hear the Virgil Van Dijk song ring out across the ground.

But they will tire.  Patience will be needed.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 05:37:26 pm »
6 cross from the right by TAA which is put behind for a corner.

Tsimikas takes, a bit of pinball off Matip’s 50p head and it’s clear.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 05:40:11 pm »
9 the reds growing into the game and starting to take control.

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 05:41:31 pm »
10 chip into the are by VVD but Mane can’t quite bring it down

Then a lovely cross for the Greek scouser and it’s put behind for a corner.

It goes through everyone, is chipped back in and Jota header is headed over
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 05:42:00 pm »
He takes some great corners does Tsimikas.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 05:42:20 pm »
11 corner taken short comes to nowt.

Corners with Matip and VVD and different Mustard to last season.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2021, 05:43:57 pm »
13 attack by Norwich but VVD blocks the cross for a throw.

Nothing comes of it.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 05:44:46 pm »
14 Dangerous run from Mane down the left, Aarons was nowhere. No one can connect with the cross.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:46:17 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 05:46:22 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 05:47:22 pm »
15 Norwich with a bit of pressure, but Trent (the right back who can't defend!), reads it very well and passes out quickly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 05:48:35 pm »
16 Norwich play Gilmour into some problems, but we are unable to take advantage. Mane is looking really lively at the moment and is giving their defence problems.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 05:50:10 pm »
18 A lovely deep cross by Trent is put out for a corner. Tsimikas puts it in and it ends with Chamberlain firing into the crowd.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2021, 05:51:31 pm »
19 A clever move by Norwich, a ball over our defence but we manage to push it out for a corner. The corner comes to nothing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2021, 05:52:38 pm »
20 We come away with the ball, we're content to keeping it in midfield for now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2021, 05:53:35 pm »
21 Norwich looking very lively at the moment, we're not clearing the ball quick enough and they are winning some second balls.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2021, 05:54:49 pm »
Bloody hell Mo… a bit more curl on that
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 05:54:55 pm »
23 Some great play by Liverpool with Mane put in a lovely ball which Salah volleys wide.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2021, 05:55:47 pm »
Norwich seeing Alisson off his line and try and put the ball in, they fail though.  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 05:57:09 pm »
25 Milner is booked when he over stretches and knocks into a Norwich player. Not much too it. They are still trying to hook balls over our defence.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Norwich 0 v 1 Liverpool Jota ‘26
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2021, 05:57:28 pm »
25 GGGGooooaaaallll Jota!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2021, 05:58:11 pm »
25 Trent puts a ball in which goes through a couple of players and into Jota's path and he does the rest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2021, 05:59:15 pm »
27 Norwich living dangerous with passing back and Jota is almost in again.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2021, 05:59:28 pm »
25 Trent puts a ball in which goes through a couple of players and into Jota's path and he does the rest.
salah  miscontrolled it and it ran perfectly to Jota.

And the travelling Kop sing Allez allez allez.

How we have missed that
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2021, 06:00:23 pm »
28 Trent doing the crossing from the left side, but not the best delivery this time.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2021, 06:01:40 pm »
29 A lovely picture of Klopp just enjoying the atmosphere. We had another corner, but nothing comes of it. It's probably are best spell of the game.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2021, 06:02:18 pm »
30 Over to Sir Bob for his usual goal.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2021, 06:03:33 pm »
31 Norwich get in down the left but cross is cut out by Trent
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2021, 06:04:49 pm »
Arrrgh
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2021, 06:06:22 pm »
33 Salah goes down in the box, Cantwell nowhere near the ball but VAR says no. Corner to us, and it’s off the line from Matip’s strike. Another corner and VVD slashes one wide.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2021, 06:10:03 pm »
38 Good work from Trent down the right but he’s adjudged to have fouled Cantwell

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2021, 06:12:19 pm »
Naby appears to be the new Gini - playing within a tightly defined boundary area. 

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2021, 06:14:14 pm »
42 Not much going on. Norwich with a bit of possession but we’re in a good shape.