Author Topic: Liverpool FC - stuff about the less well known men in the suits  (Read 27056 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool FC - stuff about the less well known men in the suits
« Reply #120 on: August 1, 2020, 03:56:00 pm »
Mike Gordon and Billy Hogan run the club, overseen by Werner. Gordon responsible for money going out, Hogan for money coming in.

Peter Moore brought in to be liaison with the city and fans. A figurehead. A lovely man, who did a fantastic job.

FSG have promoted proven talent, and replaced him with the guy who had United rolling in the dough.

Buckle up.

Good summary - cheers

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 1, 2020, 04:08:59 pm »
He's a top, top commercial director. Very high ceiling. His underlying numbers are elite level.
The bigliest!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 1, 2020, 04:47:17 pm »
He's a top, top commercial director. Very high ceiling. His underlying numbers are elite level.
& prem proven, too.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 1, 2020, 05:08:39 pm »
Liverpool appoints former Manchester United man Scammell as commercial director

Newly-crowned Premier League champion Liverpool has announced the appointment of Matt Scammell as its new commercial director.

Scammell arrives at Liverpool having spent nine years with the club’s fierce rival Manchester United in various commercial roles.

He joined the Red Devils in 2011 as sales director, progressing to become the club’s head of global sponsorship sales in 2017 before leaving in February of this year.

At Liverpool, he will focus on the continued expansion of the club’s portfolio of commercial partnerships, at a time when its fortunes are on the rise following two years of on-pitch success. He will report directly to Billy Hogan, Liverpool’s managing director and chief commercial officer.

On Scammell’s appointment, Hogan said: “We’re very pleased to welcome Matt to the club, his vast experience and expertise will undoubtedly continue to drive our commercial partnerships business in the right direction – I look forward to working closely with him.”

Scammell himself added: “I’m delighted to be joining Liverpool at what is a really important time for the teams both on and off the pitch. I’m looking forward to using my experience across sport and technology to enhance the great work already being done at the club.”

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/liverpool-appoints-former-manchester-united-man-scammell-as-commercial-director/

I find it weird that the gap between him leaving them and joining us is so small. United have clearly dropped the ball on this somewhere. Senior execs do not tend to move freely between direct rivals without significant gardening leave or non compete clauses kicking in.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 1, 2020, 05:24:00 pm »
Our current sponsors, improve on that Mr Generational talent.  :wave

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 1, 2020, 08:45:56 pm »
I find it weird that the gap between him leaving them and joining us is so small. United have clearly dropped the ball on this somewhere. Senior execs do not tend to move freely between direct rivals without significant gardening leave or non compete clauses kicking in.

Peter Kenyon comes to mind.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #126 on: August 1, 2020, 08:50:46 pm »

And yet we’re still skint  :-X

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 1, 2020, 09:02:40 pm »

Trojan horse?

In all seriousness, it’s a really good sign if he’s jumped to join us from them. Sounds like we have a top class operation in place.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: August 1, 2020, 09:04:52 pm »

We can do better, Utd probably have double or triple that.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #129 on: August 1, 2020, 09:34:04 pm »
We can do better, Utd probably have double or triple that.

We have more than that to be honest, think those are just the main ones.

United have 24 on their site like in that pic of ours, we have 16 there.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #130 on: August 1, 2020, 10:13:31 pm »

No western union you will note.

We have two years left on our deal..

I think it suggests that we will be signing a much bigger deal with someone else...

(Although there is also no coconut product supplier or nivea!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 1, 2020, 11:40:33 pm »

I think it suggests that we will be signing a much bigger deal with someone else...

Apparently someone on reddit posted a response from LFC stating that the western union deal was over - when asked about room on the sleeve where the sponsor would have been

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 2, 2020, 07:56:38 am »

He left them in February, so that's six months ago... Sounds reasonable for a non-compete clause? No idea how these things work, to be honest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #133 on: August 2, 2020, 08:06:42 am »

Angry Birds and SportPesa are going free.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: August 2, 2020, 11:02:33 am »

Nivea, Vodafone, NH Foods, Lavazza, Reducose, Tatweer Misr, Alexbank and ExtraJoss are all partners which aren’t on that list. As I mentioned above it’s certainly not all of them.

Edit - just taken a look on the offy site and appears that screenshot is relatively old as some of the ones I mentioned are on there now. No WU though which would suggest it is over. We signed it in 2017 so would make sense for it to be a 3 year deal.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2020, 11:04:46 am by Craig 🤔 »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 2, 2020, 12:35:24 pm »
Nivea, Vodafone, NH Foods, Lavazza, Reducose, Tatweer Misr, Alexbank and ExtraJoss are all partners which aren’t on that list. As I mentioned above it’s certainly not all of them.

Edit - just taken a look on the offy site and appears that screenshot is relatively old as some of the ones I mentioned are on there now. No WU though which would suggest it is over. We signed it in 2017 so would make sense for it to be a 3 year deal.
Apparently someone on reddit posted a response from LFC stating that the western union deal was over - when asked about room on the sleeve where the sponsor would have been

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #136 on: August 2, 2020, 12:36:32 pm »
Snip

Yeah had seen your post mate and was more agreeing with you than stating something new  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 2, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »
Yeah had seen your post mate and was more agreeing with you than stating something new  ;D

lol my bad.

Which of course it is interesting that we may be able to increase that deal so quickly thanks to the recent success. WU should be happy - CL, SuperCup, Club World Cup, and PL exposure.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #138 on: August 2, 2020, 12:42:37 pm »
lol my bad.

Which of course it is interesting that we may be able to increase that deal so quickly thanks to the recent success. WU should be happy - CL, SuperCup, Club World Cup, and PL exposure.

Yeah imagine we’ll have a new one in time for the new season and expect given the success since we signed the WU deal should see it be a nice increase.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #139 on: August 9, 2020, 07:12:08 am »
While the offer of a new long-term deal wasn’t forthcoming from the owners, the parting of the ways is amicable. Moore still represented Liverpool alongside chairman Tom Werner at Thursday’s Premier League AGM.

“There’s no anger or bad feeling on either side,” one senior Anfield source tells The Athletic. “In the end it was a mutual decision in that all parties agreed what was best for the club going forward. There’s been a succession plan in place with Billy for a while and Peter knew that.

https://theathletic.com/1976323/2020/08/09/moore-hogan-and-the-ever-evolving-role-of-liverpool-ceo/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2020, 06:13:44 pm »
Not sure if this is the right thread, if it isn’t please someone post it in the right one!

Very interesting article, could definitely see this happening.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/08/23/liverpool-could-be-target-of-group-headed-by-billy-beane/amp/

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2020, 08:03:58 pm »
Interesting. Could be that the friendship between Beane and Henry is leading assumptions - seems odd that they'd need Scudamore if the target was already set to be us.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2020, 08:07:17 pm »
Not sure if this is the right thread, if it isn’t please someone post it in the right one!

Very interesting article, could definitely see this happening.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/08/23/liverpool-could-be-target-of-group-headed-by-billy-beane/amp/

They'd not even get half the club for $575m. Triple it and they may get a decent chunk but doubt even close to all of it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2020, 08:10:17 pm »
They'd not even get half the club for $575m. Triple it and they may get a decent chunk but doubt even close to all of it.

It says a minority stake, or specifically a large minority stake whatever that is.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2020, 08:12:54 pm »
It says a minority stake, or specifically a large minority stake whatever that is.

Exactly  ;D ;D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2020, 08:13:40 pm »
Given our recent valuation they’d be looking at around 20-25%.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
From what we've heard in the past FSG would look to sell a small stake for strategic purposes. My guess is that would more be to secure a tie up with say a Chinese backer to push us there rather than to some more US guys who don't bring much more to the table.

Linking the fact we're currently successful and Beane is mates with Henry imo.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2020, 08:20:47 pm »
Last year there was rumours some Arab guy wanted to buy it and Henry was  saying sure if you gives us £1.2 billion.  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2020, 08:33:56 pm »
They’ve always said they would sell a minority stake to the right buyer..

Perfect match here?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2020, 08:44:55 pm »

Perfect match here?

As a minority here in Trumpia - I would like a stake!

Oh ... I see.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2020, 09:13:21 pm »

Perfect match here?

If you were setting up a SPAC as an investment vehicle to add value to an investment through the use of analytics then Liverpool is probably a poor choice. Surely they would be better off buying a club who are poor in the use of analytics. That way you can take advantage of the abundance of low-hanging fruit.

I think Newcastle would be a good choice given their seemingly haphazard recruitment record.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2020, 09:20:54 pm »
If you were setting up a SPAC as an investment vehicle to add value to an investment through the use of analytics then Liverpool is probably a poor choice. Surely they would be better off buying a club who are poor in the use of analytics. That way you can take advantage of the abundance of low-hanging fruit.

I think Newcastle would be a good choice given their seemingly haphazard recruitment record.
Yeah, the recruitment of Scudamore suggests they do want to consider a range of low-hanging fruit.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2020, 10:07:25 pm »

Newcastle has to be the best opportunity in world sports. Bizarre nobody's fit's snapped them up cheap, especially with Ashley getting them relegated every second year or so. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2020, 10:21:04 pm »
And yet we’re still skint  :-X

:) Class !

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2020, 11:02:35 pm »
Speculative isn’t it? But the recent Echo podcast with Billy Beane suddenly becomes worth another listen. How does he know about Sepp Van Den Bergh?

https://play.acast.com/s/bloodred2/vnid%3A%2F%2Fepisodes%2F39713199%3Fmedia_id%3D29606613
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 11:05:18 pm by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2020, 11:08:41 pm »
The fact that it is in the New York Post suggests that there is something to this.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2020, 11:13:01 pm »
Post not the New York Times.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2020, 12:42:41 am »
The fact that it is in the New York Post suggests that there is something to this.

The same paper that said they were selling up a year or so ago...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"