The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

Banner Project

(1/3) > >>

Claire.:
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I apologise in advance if it's in the wrong place.

I've just had an idea for a little project.

I was talking to my tutor last week in uni, and she said to me that for my work this year I should think about doing something that I feel passionate about, something that really interests me, and one of the biggest loves of my life is Liverpool FC. I can't think of a way to incorporate it into a project as such, but I have come up with one idea. I was thinking of making a banner, then passing it on to someone who gets to games alot (I don't get to go very much because of uni and my money situation), and then have that person take a photo or two of it wherever it goes to, either in grounds or with fans etc, and kind of track it's movements and the experiences of the fans. Then next June for my final show, display the banner and photos and what ever bits and pieces collected as an installation.

It's only a rough idea, as you can probably tell, and if it's incredibly stupid please tell me.

I haven't put this to my tutor yet, so she may reject it, but I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested or anything.

Thanks for reading.

Claire.

ElSheak:
Is this a fine art project? I think you'd need to back it up with plenty of explanation. The idea though of the flag traveliing around the country/europe and having it photographed or signed in some way is a nice idea. Think that it needs a reason though for it to be done and why/what it will convey. I have no fine art knowledge or help to offer. I suggest that you get the advice off Filler as he seems to be the man for art and opinions that are concrete.

Claire.:
thanks for replying :)

it would be a collection of memories and experiences, the Liverpool fans are generally regarded as being the best behaved fans, who go to places and have fun, make friends and give support to their team. I guess what I want to show would be the good side of football, the experiences of the fans on their travels, the things they get upto, the stories, the people they meet.

I do have a lot to work out before I can present this idea, but I just wanted to see if you guys thought the idea had any legs.

Spartacus.:
Any idea what this banner will look like?

Claire.:

--- Quote from: Spartacus on October  9, 2005, 11:18:53 pm ---Any idea what this banner will look like?

--- End quote ---

Not at the moment, I'm trying to not get too attatched to the idea incase I'm not allowed to do it, I'll work on some ideas through the week if I get the go ahead.

--- Quote from: Rhi on October  9, 2005, 11:22:26 pm ---What kind of degree are you doing? Fuckin hell, I'm on the wrong course, I'm telling you.

--- End quote ---

I'm doing Graphic Fine Art. It's fine art with a leaning to Printmaking/Photography and Digital Imaging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version