The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

film funding - question for movie buffs

(1/2) > >>

slapnuts:
Whats the crack?

Help settle an argument. I say tht before a film is made say ITV or BBC put some money in to help make it then in x amount of years time they get the rights to show it first (after sky).

But a lad in work says that they buy a film after  its been made so they can show it.

who is reet?  :o

Tim-Cross:

--- Quote from: slapnuts on September 22, 2005, 11:42:42 am ---Whats the crack?

Help settle an argument. I say tht before a film is made say ITV or BBC put some money in to help make it then in x amount of years time they get the rights to show it first (after sky).

But a lad in work says that they buy a film after  its been made so they can show it.

who is reet?  :o

--- End quote ---

Depends, Channel 4 set up Film4 to fund the films, sometimes the network will put money in - but thats usually for "made for TV" films.

Major Hollywood films are bought after the event by ITV (or whatever)

So both are you are kinda right, but mainly it's the 2nd case

PaulO80:
With regards to the major American studios, I believe BBC or ITV have deals with them to show their films. For example, the BBC may have a deal with Warner Bros, so their films are always shown on BBC's channels. I don't think they have deals for individual films.
I may be wrong, though.

PaulO80:

--- Quote from: Tim-Cross on September 22, 2005, 11:47:04 am ---Depends, Channel 4 set up Film4 to fund the films, sometimes the network will put money in - but thats usually for "made for TV" films.

Major Hollywood films are bought after the event by ITV (or whatever)

So both are you are kinda right, but mainly it's the 2nd case

--- End quote ---

It appears I am wrong.
Ah well.

slapnuts:
ahh fuck it appears I am wrong to, but right in a way.

Fuck it I'm not telling him he's right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version