The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

The Indomitable Ibou

<< < (167/498) > >>

RyanBabel19:
He will be class but he's clearly not used to the way we set up (completely understandable). I think he struggles slightly with the high line and his go to is to drop off or get drawn to the ball. Our defence is getting exposed slightly because teams are getting through midfield in numbers and moving the ball quickly in an effort to pull players in our defence out of position. Trent advances, they work it into midfield and go left (our right) and the midfielders aren't dropping enough to plug the gaps, Konate is getting dragged wide in an effort to cut out the danger before it even gets to our box but he's going out there alone leaving a huge gap between him and Van Dijk and leaving space to pass around Konate effectively executing an overload in our box

He has all the tools but he just needs to get used to how we play and staying close to his other CB. Its tough when players are out of position or we're somewhat overrun in a passage of play but he'll get there especially with Van Dijk talking to him throughout games. I have no idea how good his english is but could communication potentially still be a little bit of a barrier?

Bob Sacamano:
Doesn’t look comfortable or sure of himself at all right now. Dominant when he’s decisive and playing on the front foot, just needs to show that more often.

Dim Glas:
It’ll take a while, but the way he’s been phased in is excellent, and can only happen of course when the first choice pair are fit.

So he’s under not too much pressure at the moment. 

He is showing glimpses, but yes, a lot to learn, which is fair enough. Got to remember too he really hadn’t played that much football for a while coming in here. He’s playing catch up in a lot of ways.

farawayred:
Ibou seems to be made for the high-octane games. He still has a lot to learn, fair, but being fast gives us a different option on the field and suddenly those spaces behind the FBs are not too dangerous to concede.

The main part of his role for me is giving Matip the proper time to recover in order to maximize his availability. Bring the Rolls Royce to the garage for an oil change when necessary.

Sangria:

--- Quote from: farawayred on November 28, 2021, 08:22:07 pm ---Ibou seems to be made for the high-octane games. He still has a lot to learn, fair, but being fast gives us a different option on the field and suddenly those spaces behind the FBs are not too dangerous to concede.

The main part of his role for me is giving Matip the proper time to recover in order to maximize his availability. Bring the Rolls Royce to the garage for an oil change when necessary.

--- End quote ---

Are there any other CBs in the PL who are as quick as Van Dijk, Gomez and Konate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version