Author Topic: Taskmaster  (Read 27505 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Taskmaster
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2022, 11:12:05 pm »
Superb shout.

I can imagine him now, questioning everything he was told and then getting frustrated about 5 seconds in  ;D

Ricky Gervais would be amazing on it too but he'd never do it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2022, 11:19:09 pm »
I can imagine him now, questioning everything he was told and then getting frustrated about 5 seconds in  ;D

Ricky Gervais would be amazing on it too but he'd never do it.
Yeah he'd sack it off after a try on a task ;D

Gervais & perhaps Merchant are people that'd be great for this but like you said wouldn't do it.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2022, 01:27:53 am »
Stuart Lee, Carl Pilkington, Eddie Izzard, Henning Wein, Kathy Burke.

Dream team 😁

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: March 9, 2022, 05:08:49 pm »

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 3, 2022, 10:53:39 pm »
Starts on the 14th.

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #165 on: April 4, 2022, 12:30:52 am »
Starts on the 14th.

Awesome, need a laugh, not been an especially easy beginning to the year. To quote a real piece of work, "A little f****** levity huh?"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 4, 2022, 09:27:27 am »
Looking forward to this!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #167 on: April 4, 2022, 10:49:36 am »
Tremendous

We just constantly binge watch this in the background as we're drifting off to sleep. Think we're on season 10 at the moment. Best ones for me so far...Tim Key, Paul Chouwdry, Lycett, Mortimer, Sally Phillips, Tarbuck, Acaster, Gilbert, Gamble, Daisy May Cooper and Vegas.

Karl Pilkington as suggested would be amazing. The likes of Gervais, Merchant and Stewart Lee I dont think would do it. Still loads who'd be great who haven't done it yet. Bailey, Izzard, Kay, French, Brydon, Pegg, Frost, Coogan, Ayoade, Milligan, Cleese, Everett....Sessions.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2022, 09:15:12 pm »
Nice to see Dougal back...

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2022, 09:32:26 pm »
Early doors, has promise, got the duck motif in early as well. Good that they're altering previous successful tasks.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2022, 05:54:03 am »
Great first episode. The crowd being back adds so much to the live part, allows them to act up a bit more and makes the competitiveness seem more meaningful.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2022, 09:37:56 am »
Locked for the day
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2022, 11:41:40 pm »
Superb start to season.

Judi was funny & Bridget is as cool as it gets!

The South American style pic of Greg was class.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2022, 10:42:27 am »
This has been a very enjoyable start to season. Enjoying it immensely.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2022, 10:59:56 am »
This has been a very enjoyable start to season. Enjoying it immensely.

Yes, me too. The last couple of series had a little something missing for me. Though thats not to say they are not good.

All 5 of these are great, Bridget is my favourite though, shes great.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2022, 10:32:19 pm »
I adore Bridget

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 6, 2022, 09:20:48 pm »
Episode 3 been best one yet.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #177 on: June 1, 2022, 12:28:23 pm »
Thought last week's episode is the best it's been since it was on Dave. Great throughout rather than just having one or two highlights in between being merely decent (or outright bad in the Richard Herring series)

Studio audience makes a crazy amount of difference considering that they don't actively participate

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #178 on: June 1, 2022, 01:51:54 pm »
I adore Bridget

Very likable isn't she, complete loon mind :D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #179 on: June 1, 2022, 02:44:57 pm »

Studio audience makes a crazy amount of difference considering that they don't actively participate

Yeah, we forget that these people (including greg and alex) are performers so it's so much easier for them to make the studio bits amazing when there is a crowd to play up to. The tasks have been wacky but great this season. I'm loving Judi and Sophie!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #180 on: June 1, 2022, 03:44:52 pm »
Judi's attempt to show off was brilliant

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 1, 2022, 06:22:46 pm »
Very likable isn't she, complete loon mind :D

100% but can't help but like her. Her walk in that steps task was hilarious.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 1, 2022, 06:24:01 pm »
Yeah, we forget that these people (including greg and alex) are performers so it's so much easier for them to make the studio bits amazing when there is a crowd to play up to. The tasks have been wacky but great this season. I'm loving Judi and Sophie!
Judi Love has been surprisingly good. Been a great season so far. Can't fault any of the guests.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 8, 2022, 08:00:36 pm »

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2022, 09:01:48 am »
Heres a little outtake of this weeks show involving Bridget

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1535570034981883905?t=QWzEzNMy7i3JnxCJKhvKZg&s=19

She's up there with the best contestants as far as I'm concerned. I'm also hopelessly in love with her.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2022, 09:34:54 am »

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1535570034981883905?t=QWzEzNMy7i3JnxCJKhvKZg&s=19

She's up there with the best contestants as far as I'm concerned. I'm also hopelessly in love with her.

I had no clue at ALL who she was married to!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2022, 10:34:43 am »

Agreed...she's brilliant....has me in fits of giggles without doing anything...just naturally funny.......her and Ardal have carried this series
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2022, 10:27:49 am »
Been a really fun series and nice to have champion of champions to follow.

I wonder if we'll find out the next contestants when this series ends? They usually share straight after given the production schedule.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2022, 10:36:37 am »

Agreed...she's brilliant....has me in fits of giggles without doing anything...just naturally funny.......her and Ardal have carried this series

I think the exact opposite, Bridget's been the worst contestant for me. She seems unable to grasp simple things, which is weird, and I don't find her that funny. Overall a good series though, with some mad tasks!
Been a really fun series and nice to have champion of champions to follow.

I wonder if we'll find out the next contestants when this series ends? They usually share straight after given the production schedule.

Likely after the champion of champions if they are going to do it, think they waited and did it on twitter last time though.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2022, 10:44:32 am »
Likely after the champion of champions if they are going to do it, think they waited and did it on twitter last time though.

Just checked, they announced this lot on 26 November which was the day after the last episodes of the previous series.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2022, 10:46:43 am »
I think the exact opposite, Bridget's been the worst contestant for me. She seems unable to grasp simple things, which is weird, and I don't find her that funny. Overall a good series though, with some mad tasks!

Really?! I think she's hilarious, obviously not 'getting' stuff is part of her act. I mean the walking bit was amazing. I think they've all been funny though.

Not feeling that Champion of Champions line-up, didn't find any of them particularly funny apart from Gamble.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2022, 10:49:09 am »
Really?! I think she's hilarious, obviously not 'getting' stuff is part of her act. I mean the walking bit was amazing. I think they've all been funny though.

Not feeling that Champion of Champions line-up, didn't find any of them particularly funny apart from Gamble.

Yeah, maybe I just don't like that style of humour, it doesn't hit. I find it awkward. I do like Alex's reactions to her though. Few of my friends have said similar too.

Champions of Champions is always going to be a bit strange, which I suppose is why they only made it 1 episode this time. They usually balance the humour well in a series, but it's uncontrollable for this. Went to see Gamble live a few weeks ago and he was brilliant.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2022, 10:54:37 am »
Just checked, they announced this lot on 26 November which was the day after the last episodes of the previous series.

That's it, I remember thinking it was odd they didn't announce it after, like they had forgot or something.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2022, 07:32:52 pm »
The issue with Champion of Champions is that, in my opinion, the series winners tend to be the least funny contestants, usually because they are are too competitive and take it too seriously - like Gamble and Herring.

I'd much prefer to see a Loser of Losers special.

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2022, 03:16:40 pm »
The issue with Champion of Champions is that, in my opinion, the series winners tend to be the least funny contestants, usually because they are are too competitive and take it too seriously - like Gamble and Herring.

I'd much prefer to see a Loser of Losers special.

Totally agree with this.  I've been saying that for years to my wife.  Imagine it with Joe Wilkinson going up against Paul Chowdry and Bob Mortimer.  That's the series I'd want to see.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2022, 09:40:38 pm »

Agreed. Jude Love had been surprisingly good also. As a whole it's been much more like it's old self.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2022, 09:41:03 pm »

Adore her.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2022, 11:41:04 am »
Totally agree with this.  I've been saying that for years to my wife.  Imagine it with Joe Wilkinson going up against Paul Chowdry and Bob Mortimer.  That's the series I'd want to see.

Bob Mortimer won his season, was in the first Champions of Champions. Think the best option would be to have a people's champions of champio s with a twitter vote or something. Stops the overly serious competitive people getting in probably.

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2022, 04:27:38 pm »
Shit, you're right  - of course he did.  Well that fucks my argument up.

Tell you what, replace Bob Mortimer with Phil Wang.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2022, 04:32:43 pm »
Shit, you're right  - of course he did.  Well that fucks my argument up.

Tell you what, replace Bob Mortimer with Phil Wang.

Mortimer is the exception that proves the rule.