Author Topic: Neco Williams Appreciation thread  (Read 111536 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Neco Williams Appreciation thread
« Reply #120 on: February 4, 2020, 11:12:07 pm »
What a performance from this young man. Along with many others I think this was the night he came of age
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #121 on: February 4, 2020, 11:29:31 pm »
Very consistent performances from Neco in his games against Arsenal, Everton and Shrewsbury.

Solid defending plus he can play. His pass completion must be very high and his cross for the oggy was the icing on the cake for his progress this season.

If we can wrap up the PL early then he may get a start if Trent is rested around CL ties which would be a relief for Gomez who has helped out at RB. Joe is settled now and I hope he doesn't play out of position again.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 5, 2020, 12:02:45 am »
he is quality... perfect backup for TAA for now.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 5, 2020, 12:47:37 am »
Giggs he needs to go to the Euro's. This is one talented player.
Yeh it would be great experience for the lad but I hate internationals for fear of our players coming back injured.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #124 on: February 5, 2020, 05:27:45 am »
He should be on the plane to Euros but I dont much care if Giggs picks him or not. The hardest positions for us to find good backups are the fullback positions because of how differently we play in those positions and how much we demand from them. Neco is absolutely rising up to the challenge at the minute and I'd love to see him get a game with our senior backline once the title is confirmed and see how he gets on. He's definitely a proper talent who can develop into another beast.

On another note, I disagree that he is similar to TAA, instead, he is almost identical to Robbo in his style. Strong runner up and down the field and his first intuition is to overlap, hug the byline and play it across the 6 yard box.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: February 5, 2020, 09:06:42 am »
Along with Curtis Jones he is another that I would love to see get a run out with a more experienced lineup if Trent needs a rest in the league towards the end of the season. Would love to see what he can do with Gomez and VVD next to him and Hendo and Mo in front!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #126 on: February 5, 2020, 09:08:41 am »
We look to be set for a decade at right-back.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 5, 2020, 09:55:28 am »
Would rather he has a full pre-season with us than sit on the bench for Wales. Trent will be away so he’ll be the first choice RB in pre-season so more opportunity to develop.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #128 on: February 5, 2020, 09:58:59 am »
So his name looks like it should be pronounced neck-oh, but everyone seems to be calling him knee-co.  Explain yourselves, Welshies.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 5, 2020, 10:00:24 am »
Better than any Man City or man united full back. No exceptions.

Bookmark this for the nostradamus thread pls.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #130 on: February 5, 2020, 10:05:44 am »
I think we all know the most important question this morning; does he have a fan club? :boxhead

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 5, 2020, 12:02:09 pm »
James Pearce promoting an article in The Athletic:

@JamesPearceLFC

Also in the piece a focus on Neco Williams’ eye-catching development. He credits having to face Sadio Mane in the 11 v 11 games at Melwood and studying footage of Trent Alexander-Arnold. His attitude and commitment has massively impressed Klopp #LFC

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #132 on: February 5, 2020, 12:08:48 pm »
So his name looks like it should be pronounced neck-oh, but everyone seems to be calling him knee-co.  Explain yourselves, Welshies.

It is pronounced Nee-co, but it isn't a Welsh name, so bugger knows what the deal is  ;D

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #133 on: February 5, 2020, 12:19:00 pm »

It's certainly not a Welsh name. I think it's Italian meaning "Person of victory" or something along those lines. Either way, he's part of a very exciting future for both LFC & Wales!  :scarf

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 5, 2020, 12:19:59 pm »
Dammit - he's going to force Trent into the midfield!

:D

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 5, 2020, 12:25:39 pm »
I hope Neco gets to play in the Chelsea game. That would be amazing for him. Chelsea have a lot of regulars in his age group so he should be able to handle it..

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 5, 2020, 01:52:30 pm »
I hope Neco gets to play in the Chelsea game. That would be amazing for him. Chelsea have a lot of regulars in his age group so he should be able to handle it..
The quotes that have come out since the result about "one or two" having a chance to play against Chelsea seem to put him right in contention.

All the players did well last night but the three who seem to be being readied for first team duty are:
Neco
Jones
Elliott

Neco looks to have a great opportunity as we don't have a genuine right back alternative (Gomez and Milner can and have filled in but it's probable they'll be rested or required in other positions).  If Keita, Shaq, Origi and Minamino are fit then it's going to be difficult for Jones or Elliott to get into the 'cup team'.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #137 on: February 5, 2020, 02:01:35 pm »
I think Neco and Curtis Jones may start vs Chelsea. And then Elliot one of a couple younger player on the bench. Otherwise I'd think it'll all be 'senior' players.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 5, 2020, 03:42:26 pm »
I think Neco and Curtis Jones may start vs Chelsea. And then Elliot one of a couple younger player on the bench. Otherwise I'd think it'll all be 'senior' players.

Yeah - whatever Klopp thinks about the FA and Caraboa cup - he will look at the opponent and put out the right team because there are no weird circumstances preventing him from doing so.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #139 on: February 5, 2020, 03:48:48 pm »
Wow this guy has been just terrific. Amazing performance.

The highlights video I saw on youtube was 6 mins long and it looked more like a Neco Williams compilation.

Excited for our academy players' future

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #140 on: February 5, 2020, 04:53:16 pm »
What kind of team have Chelsea been putting out in the previous rounds?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 5, 2020, 06:59:16 pm »
Looks like Giggs has joined the appreciation club:

Neco Williams set to be rewarded with Wales call-up after Liverpool breakthrough

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neco-williams-set-rewarded-wales-21437534

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #142 on: February 5, 2020, 07:06:38 pm »
As a Wrexham native myself, I’m interested to see Neco’s development - he is a Wrexham born footballer playing for the Reds; people will recognise the names of Harry Wilson and Danny Ward as other recent examples.

Other Wrexham born professional players include current Internationals Tom Lawrence and Connor Roberts, Jason Koumas and Robbie Savage. Then there are players who played for both clubs, including Peter Wall, Stuart Mason, Lee Jones, Joey Jones, Mike Hooper; and going the other way, Phil Boersma, Rushie and Stephen Wright. Dean Saunders and Steve Cooper have strong Wrexham connections, and when Shanks had time on his hands following his decision to leave the Liverpool job, he spent a lot of time at the Racecourse, allegedly helping John Neal, who got Wrexham playing the ‘Liverpool way’; Neal gained promotion, had some great Cup runs including European exploits, and went on to manage Chelsea.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 5, 2020, 07:10:09 pm »
I think we all know the most important question this morning; does he have a fan club? :boxhead

Funny you should mention it...  :jester
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 5, 2020, 07:11:52 pm »

Neco Williams set to be rewarded with Wales call-up after Liverpool breakthrough

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neco-williams-set-rewarded-wales-21437534

He had to be really. How can you not be.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 5, 2020, 07:12:59 pm »

Think Pedro, Williams and Jones will start.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 5, 2020, 07:25:22 pm »
Think Pedro, Williams and Jones will start.

Was thinking the same. A long way to go to the game, potential injuries could open a few more places, but I think the three you mentioned are certain to start.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: February 5, 2020, 07:27:46 pm »

It's pronounced Dai.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 5, 2020, 09:22:15 pm »

Too much too soon. Just a distraction and unnecessary attention. He should progress from the u19s to the u21s. Let him at least develop to the point where he is a PL and CL option before calling him up to the seniors.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #149 on: February 5, 2020, 11:31:51 pm »
Too much too soon. Just a distraction and unnecessary attention. He should progress from the u19s to the u21s. Let him at least develop to the point where he is a PL and CL option before calling him up to the seniors.

You tell him he can’t go to the Euros then

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #150 on: February 5, 2020, 11:43:32 pm »

We’re phonetic, so ‘E’ is ‘Eh’ and only ‘Eh’. We work with 7 vowels while you work with a poxy 5. A long ‘E’ sound would be signified with a  ‘î’ with a circumflex ( example: Nîco)

But Neco is a name I’ve never come across in Wales before so I’m talking an absolute barrow full of wham..

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #151 on: February 5, 2020, 11:51:52 pm »
We’re phonetic, so ‘E’ is ‘Eh’ and only ‘Eh’. We work with 7 vowels while you work with a poxy 5. A long ‘E’ sound would be signified with a  ‘î’ with a circumflex ( example: Nîco)

But Neco is a name I’ve never come across in Wales before so I’m talking an absolute barrow full of wham..

Is that standard wham or whaaaaaeeeeeeem?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 5, 2020, 11:52:48 pm »

When we first saw TAA we didn't need to buy a right back, and now we don't even have to think about buying a supporting role for TAA in Williams. How good is that!? Let him do what he has to do... bang up for him getting an International call.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #153 on: February 5, 2020, 11:56:10 pm »
Is that standard wham or whaaaaaeeeeeeem?

;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #154 on: February 6, 2020, 12:05:48 am »

More senior games will only be good for his development given he wont get all that many with us for a little while.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 6, 2020, 12:07:51 am »
More senior games will only be good for his development given he wont get all that many with us for a little while.

And it's not like they'll make it out the groups

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 6, 2020, 12:24:57 am »

True. Even if international football is only around championship level any games against adults are handy.

Offline Steve_1892

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA - 96
« Reply #157 on: February 6, 2020, 03:18:02 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me to see him start a Premier League game before the end of the season if we progress in the Champions League so Trent could be rested

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 6, 2020, 09:53:29 pm »
His progress has been amazing. The likes of Jones, Brewster, Hoever, etc were with the first team in pre-season while Williams was with the U23. Now, alongside Jones, he's closest to being trusted to come in for a PL game.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 7, 2020, 04:12:29 pm »
wait..how did he progress so fast to being a back up to Trent?

I remember all the hype was about Hoever(cue vacuum cleaner jokes) and how smooth he is on the ball.

I dont even recall Neco being a standout in the youth team. The previous youth team right back was some portugese winger that was sold last season. Cant seem to recall his name.