The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)

<< < (2/76) > >>

only6times:

--- Quote from: shadowbane on September 16, 2016, 09:39:49 am ---The Ron Howard film? Is there much difference between this and the Anthology TV show years back?

--- End quote ---
Brand new footage from the crowd and only covers the touring years.

Timbo's Goals:

--- Quote from: shadowbane on September 16, 2016, 09:39:49 am ---The Ron Howard film? Is there much difference between this and the Anthology TV show years back?

--- End quote ---

If you love The Beatles or even if you're a casual fan then you've just got to go to the cinema to see it on the big screen.

It is simply the finest few hours you'll ever spend but the 'must see' compulsion is all about when the thing finishes because it's followed by the entire Shea Stadium gig being shown following the end credits which is only for cinema viewing and won't be on the official DVD.

The gig is brief but is utterly stupendous. It kicks of with Twist and Shout and then it's I Feel Fine, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Ticket To Ride, Act Naturally, Hard Days Night, Can't Buy Me Love, Help, Baby's in Black, I'm Down.

It was mesmerising. Every song was perfection. Not one tiny morsel of disappointment with any note, any vocal and harmony. It was unbelievable. And the most beautiful thing of all was the 'four musketeer togetherness' which had been a huge feature of the documentary itself and which finally revealed itself in all its harmonic glory in that Shea Stadium gig.

Don't delay. Just fucking go and see it this weekend before a current legal action forces them to remove it from the cinema showing.

Timbo's Goals:

--- Quote from: only5times on September 16, 2016, 08:16:09 am ---Cavern walks link, Nice work Timbo.

--- End quote ---

Ha ha - nice one  -  they still there? Even without harry Kewell!!!

;D

[new username under construction]:

--- Quote from: Timbo's Goals on September 16, 2016, 10:34:53 am ---If you love The Beatles or even if you're a casual fan then you've just got to go to the cinema to see it on the big screen.

It is simply the finest few hours you'll ever spend but the 'must see' compulsion is all about when the thing finishes because it's followed by the entire Shea Stadium gig being shown following the end credits which is only for cinema viewing and won't be on the official DVD.

The gig is brief but is utterly stupendous. It kicks of with Twist and Shout and then it's I Feel Fine, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Ticket To Ride, Act Naturally, Hard Days Night, Can't Buy Me Love, Help, Baby's in Black, I'm Down.

It was mesmerising. Every song was perfection. Not one tiny morsel of disappointment with any note, any vocal and harmony. It was unbelievable. And the most beautiful thing of all was the 'four musketeer togetherness' which had been a huge feature of the documentary itself and which finally revealed itself in all its harmonic glory in that Shea Stadium gig.

Don't delay. Just fucking go and see it this weekend before a current legal action forces them to remove it from the cinema showing.

--- End quote ---

Lol love it, I'll go see it

SamAteTheRedAcid:
I got the new live album they've released in conjunction with the film. Worth a listen but still too much crowd noise for me really - and their guitars are just out of tune on Ticket To Ride which is a shame as it's a personal favourite - that Ringo drumbeat is awesome.

Hopefully catch the film soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version