Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2549945 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #36000 on: December 7, 2022, 06:43:29 pm »
temps at -10??

try -40, -50, -60 mate :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36001 on: December 7, 2022, 06:50:14 pm »
temps at -10??

try -40, -50, -60 mate :)

Yeah, we're soft shites compared to Canadians ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36002 on: December 7, 2022, 06:50:44 pm »
Sounding like a four Yorkshiremen scratch in here.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36003 on: December 7, 2022, 06:59:59 pm »
Yeah, we're soft shites compared to Canadians ;D
but it is a dry cold over here.  :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #36004 on: December 7, 2022, 07:17:24 pm »
Cardboard Yorkshiremen.....?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36005 on: December 7, 2022, 07:18:48 pm »
Don't know how they would have coped in 1996. I was managing one of our branches then, due to the temps being below -10 and the amount of burst pipes, we couldn't get any heaters as they were all on Hire, I had a massive list of people wanting to Hire Dehumidifiers and wet vacuum cleaners and again they were all out on hire. The area manager then walked into our branch and hired out the only heater we had left which we were using to keep warm. The Branch itself was two 2 up and 2 down houses knocked into 1 and it was fucking freezing, my office was -5c.

I ended up wearing 2 pairs of socks, thermals under my jeans, t shirt, jumper and 2 coats.

We smashed our targets that month and held enough income back to hit target for 4 months on the bounce ;D

Jeans?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36006 on: December 7, 2022, 07:21:08 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36007 on: December 7, 2022, 07:34:24 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36008 on: December 7, 2022, 07:35:56 pm »
Forced to wear them at work  :(
Cardboard jeans.....?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36009 on: December 7, 2022, 07:40:44 pm »
Jeans?

“Alright mate, where d’you wan this blow heater?”

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36010 on: December 7, 2022, 10:11:42 pm »
After 48 hours BA now saying they have identified a bag they think is mine but yet to confirm. They can't tell me if it is in London or Aberdeen though.... They've missed todays flights so earliest they can get me my bag is tomorrow evening and I fly home Friday morning.

I#ve already bought a bunch of clothes and some tools I needed to do my work which will be claimed back from BA but going to go out tomorrow and buy a bunch more, might as well make the most of it.  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #36011 on: December 7, 2022, 10:34:55 pm »
That happened with us and TUI - supposed to fly out to Tenerife on a Monday next Feb - they cancelled the flights and offered us the next day. Meant taking the kids out of school, so cancelled the entire holiday and now flying on the Sunday with EasyJet and staying at a place we've stayed before.

All this dicking about with rearranging flights never used to happen on anything like this scale
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36012 on: December 7, 2022, 10:49:14 pm »
That is a very fair point.
As I was reading your post, I thought you were just being a bit mad moaning about dynamic pricing.
How is it any different paying for business and being bumped to economy?
I do like a moan every now and the  :). But apart from bad motorway driving it tends to be when big companies take the piss.

The reality is that getting bumped from an expensive flight to a cheaper one without any acknowledgement of the different prices of the respective flights is fraudulent trading. As you say paying for business and getting economy. If stuff like this isn’t challenged they just carry on.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36013 on: December 8, 2022, 09:13:04 am »
Not so much annoy as shocked.

Watching Bangers and Cash, the synopsis says they pick up an MGBGT that is 50 years old. My brain sees a 1950's MGB, then I realise its a 1972 car. Fuck, where did the time go?

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36014 on: December 8, 2022, 01:14:30 pm »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36015 on: December 8, 2022, 01:14:58 pm »
After 48 hours BA now saying they have identified a bag they think is mine but yet to confirm. They can't tell me if it is in London or Aberdeen though.... They've missed todays flights so earliest they can get me my bag is tomorrow evening and I fly home Friday morning.

I#ve already bought a bunch of clothes and some tools I needed to do my work which will be claimed back from BA but going to go out tomorrow and buy a bunch more, might as well make the most of it.  ;D

Probably going to need ski gear. That's even if the runway at ABZ is open.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36016 on: December 8, 2022, 01:17:38 pm »
Probably going to need ski gear. That's even if the runway at ABZ is open.
ABZ TAF suggests a 30% probability of sleet/snow showers tomorrow. Shouldn't be anything an airport in such a location can't handle.

TAF: EGPD 081056Z 0812/0912 29009KT 9999 FEW015 SCT025 PROB30 TEMPO 0812/0824 30015G25KT 6000 SHRA -SHRASN BKN010 TEMPO 0900/0912 6000 SHRA -SHRASN BKN010 PROB30 TEMPO 0900/0912 31015G25KT 2000 +SHRA SHSNRA BKN006

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36017 on: December 8, 2022, 02:18:42 pm »
Well they sent everyone home from my office in ABZ today because the roads were bad and flights have been delayed.

I got my bag to day though! Just in time to fly home tomorrow - inevitably to delays caused by todays weather.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36018 on: December 8, 2022, 02:32:17 pm »
Well they sent everyone home from my office in ABZ today because the roads were bad and flights have been delayed.

I got my bag to day though! Just in time to fly home tomorrow - inevitably to delays caused by todays weather.
*sigh*

We've had snowstorms and blizzards all week in Tallinn. Everything is open, everything is working, everything is running - even the buses are on time. It's insane weather yet I guess the Baltics and Nordics are just more used to it? 15cms of snow overnight, 15 cms more coming this weekend, forecast to -15 and everything will still run.

I hope you're all okay down there and your flight gets you home.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36019 on: December 8, 2022, 02:32:24 pm »

*sigh*
We've had snowstorms and blizzards all week in Tallinn. Everything is open, everything is working, everything is running - even the buses are on time. It's insane weather yet I guess the Baltics and Nordics are just more used to it? 15cms of snow overnight, 15 cms more coming this weekend, forecast to -15 and everything will still run.

I hope you're all okay down there and your flight gets you home.

Yeah we have a Teams meeting every morning with our whole team which includes a few people in Norway (Stavanger) and they were laughing at us this morning because everyone was panicking about the weather when it was the same over there.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36020 on: December 8, 2022, 02:35:00 pm »
I used to 'laugh' too - but then I realised it's a bit of a cuntish thing to do so I've stopped - it's just saddeningly symptomatic of a system not built to cope with the change. And it'll get worse over time before it gets better  :-[

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36021 on: December 8, 2022, 02:40:30 pm »
I used to 'laugh' too - but then I realised it's a bit of a cuntish thing to do so I've stopped - it's just saddeningly symptomatic of a system not built to cope with the change. And it'll get worse over time before it gets better  :-[

It's a bit different now I guess - basically everyone in our office prefers working from home - we've just been forced to do 3 days a week in the office by head office. So even the senior management including HR manager are just looking for any excuse to tell everyone to work from home.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36022 on: December 8, 2022, 03:06:11 pm »
I've wasted a huge chunk of my life untangling Christmas tree lights. >:(

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36023 on: December 8, 2022, 03:41:56 pm »

Missus bought some new ones and whoever in the factory had wound them in a way that it took me an hour to work out how to unravel them. She'd already bust one set trying to undo them :butt :no

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36024 on: December 8, 2022, 03:47:01 pm »

Sorting the Christmas lights out was always my job when I was a kid. 

Unravelling them, plugging them in then going along them checking every bulb to see which one had blown and stopping them all from working.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36025 on: December 8, 2022, 04:10:53 pm »

Unravelling them, plugging them in then going along them checking every bulb to see which one had blown and stopping them all from working.

I'm almost certain there were no more than two dozen bulbs on the multi coloured ones my parents used to put on their tree when I was a kid.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36026 on: December 8, 2022, 04:28:18 pm »
I'm almost certain there were no more than two dozen bulbs on the multi coloured ones my parents used to put on their tree when I was a kid.

I think we had two sets.  One that had big multicoloured bulbs then another that had smaller flashing ones but yeah not that many bulbs at all.

I thinks there's 240 on the ones we have now 😂

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36027 on: December 8, 2022, 04:35:22 pm »

And sticking tin foil in the bottom to make the circuit if you didn't have enough spare bulbs ;D

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36028 on: December 8, 2022, 04:41:01 pm »
I think we had two sets.  One that had big multicoloured bulbs then another that had smaller flashing ones but yeah not that many bulbs at all.

I thinks there's 240 on the ones we have now 😂

There are 500 on the ones I've been fighting with.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36029 on: December 8, 2022, 05:01:06 pm »
And sticking tin foil in the bottom to make the circuit if you didn't have enough spare bulbs ;D

Omg no!  Really?  Is that even a thing?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36030 on: December 8, 2022, 05:01:24 pm »
There are 500 on the ones I've been fighting with.

Holy crap 😯

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36031 on: December 8, 2022, 05:09:35 pm »
Omg no!  Really?  Is that even a thing?

It's a bloke thing. Its why women live longer than men :lmao

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36032 on: December 8, 2022, 05:17:28 pm »

😂 Bout time you started listening to us then 🤦

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36033 on: December 8, 2022, 05:28:45 pm »

don't know whether to laugh or cry.  ah screw it  :)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36034 on: December 8, 2022, 06:26:38 pm »
don't know whether to laugh or cry.  ah screw it  :)

Is sort of shocking, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36035 on: December 8, 2022, 06:53:05 pm »
After reading the last few posts it might be time to dig this movie out.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36036 on: December 8, 2022, 07:10:09 pm »
Sounds like something you'd witness in a Tory club

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #36037 on: December 8, 2022, 07:15:01 pm »

haha was under heavy work pressure the other day and went to bed at 8 exhausted and woke up before midnight and started working again about 11.50PM

felt like I started work again before I went to bed. ahahhaha

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36038 on: December 8, 2022, 07:23:52 pm »
haha was under heavy work pressure the other day and went to bed at 8 exhausted and woke up before midnight and started working again about 11.50PM

felt like I started work again before I went to bed. ahahhaha
How many of youse have seen this.....?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7Lb-2VaJYPw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7Lb-2VaJYPw</a>

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36039 on: December 8, 2022, 09:08:42 pm »

We used to do the same, wrap a bit of tin foil around the dead bulb and stick it in, I don't even think me dad unplugged them first either.