Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0  (Read 45425 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0
« Reply #560 on: April 7, 2018, 08:15:39 pm »
Coleman's reaction to Ings was the most transparent attempt to get the crowd fired up over fuck all that I've ever seen

Yeah, and I would have thought the best way to avoid being called a “diving bastard” would be to not dive. Not get hysterical, start flapping your gums and waving your handbag about when someone calls you out for flopping over under minimal contact.

He said it just as Calvert-Lewin was about to come on as well. Planting the idea firmly in the refs mind. Well in Danny.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #561 on: April 7, 2018, 08:19:13 pm »
The bit where Coleman is having a go at Ings, and Ings just keeps saying "D'ya want some?"

Then Wayne losing it after being subbed.

However, not seeing it with Solanke. He's almost 100% reaction. He'll need to start reading the game quicker if he's to ever become a starter.
Catch 22, that. Hard to start reading the game if you're not getting the minutes - at least he's getting in position to score, and he can finish.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: April 7, 2018, 08:33:59 pm »
Coleman's reaction to Ings was the most transparent attempt to get the crowd fired up over fuck all that I've ever seen

I'd have Coleman here. He's mustard.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #563 on: April 7, 2018, 08:34:06 pm »
The bit where Coleman is having a go at Ings, and Ings just keeps saying "D'ya want some?"

Then Wayne losing it after being subbed.

However, not seeing it with Solanke. He's almost 100% reaction. He'll need to start reading the game quicker if he's to ever become a starter.

I think Solanke has great potential but had the exact same thought - surely that will come with training though (refer Moreno the former headless chicken impersonator)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #564 on: April 7, 2018, 08:43:53 pm »
Catch 22, that. Hard to start reading the game if you're not getting the minutes - at least he's getting in position to score, and he can finish.

I have to disagree, HB mate :)

He should know how to read the flow of play by the time he's 18. Given where he's come from (Chelsea), I'm convinced he was modeled and trained after the Drogba/Costa type, and so basically didn't have to think until the ball was in a crossing position, or else someone had a shot and he was near the rebound.

You're not wrong in that more minutes = more opportunities to learn, but it's a damning thing for English development that it doesn't train many players to be able to read the game properly and plan ahead in 2-3 moves. That's probably why English midfielders have a huge problem turning on the ball under pressure.

The fact that he can't read the game at 20 years old suggests to me that he'll be an ultimately fruitless purchase, in terms of being the starting striker here - unless something clicks with him very, very soon.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: April 7, 2018, 09:09:15 pm »
I think Solanke has great potential but had the exact same thought - surely that will come with training though (refer Moreno the former headless chicken impersonator)
Don't think Solanke or Ings did much to get Klopp to think about giving them more game time.
 We clearly need more from our support strikers, you'd have to say Ings, Origi and Solanke all look short of what we need. Hopefully they have more development in them.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #566 on: April 7, 2018, 09:10:44 pm »
Don't think Solanke or Ings did much to get Klopp to think about giving them more game time.
 We clearly need more from our support strikers, you'd have to say Ings, Origi and Solanke all look short of what we need. Hopefully they have more development in them.
Maybe so. But you can’t start the odd game in 15 and expect to see results and development

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #567 on: April 7, 2018, 09:13:56 pm »
I have to disagree, HB mate :)

He should know how to read the flow of play by the time he's 18. Given where he's come from (Chelsea), I'm convinced he was modeled and trained after the Drogba/Costa type, and so basically didn't have to think until the ball was in a crossing position, or else someone had a shot and he was near the rebound.

You're not wrong in that more minutes = more opportunities to learn, but it's a damning thing for English development that it doesn't train many players to be able to read the game properly and plan ahead in 2-3 moves. That's probably why English midfielders have a huge problem turning on the ball under pressure.

The fact that he can't read the game at 20 years old suggests to me that he'll be an ultimately fruitless purchase, in terms of being the starting striker here - unless something clicks with him very, very soon.

Playing devils advocate he did finish Top scorer in the World Cup U-20

Now I didnt watch any of that, Im guessing as a football geek** you would have. What did you think of him then?

**Meant as a compliment

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #568 on: April 7, 2018, 09:32:08 pm »
.....which is EXACTLY what the Russian bots, sorry, RAWK Staff, want you to do :thumbup

And yes it was world class - and his post-match comments had me in stitches.

I don't understand why it would go anywhere else. It was a save in the derby - this is the derby thread. Why post it in a Karius thread that half the people reading about the match won't see?

People do my head in.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: April 7, 2018, 09:33:29 pm »
Maybe so. But you can’t start the odd game in 15 and expect to see results and development
Pretty much the same for any player that wants to break into a first team. Rashford at United forced his way into the team with no more game time. 

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 7, 2018, 09:47:05 pm »

Honestly mate i'd love that to be true but he has shown the square root of  fuck all to show me he's the standard required. His goals return is absolutely brutal and in general he seems to have no in game awareness.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #571 on: April 7, 2018, 10:04:51 pm »
Pretty much the same for any player that wants to break into a first team. Rashford at United forced his way into the team with no more game time. 
I don’t think it’s always helpful to use a selective example to prove a point. Myriad reasons that lead to a breakthrough.  Rashford was picked during an injury crisis and wasn’t the understudy to Europe’s best striking trio.

I’m not suggesting that Solankie is definitely going to make it but I’ve also seen this movie before - a fanbase shoots its load too early, having no patience or genuine knowledge of the player before writing him off.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #572 on: April 7, 2018, 10:08:33 pm »
Honestly mate i'd love that to be true but he has shown the square root of  fuck all to show me he's the standard required. His goals return is absolutely brutal and in general he seems to have no in game awareness.
Do you think Klopp draws conclusions on players based on such limited evidence? I would suggest he uses a much bigger sample and works with a player every day on the training ground. As fans, we’ve seen DS for a tiny fraction of what Klopp has.

My suggestion is to step back, give him space to sink or swim rather than jumping in early. Fans are notoriously bad at this stuff - heck, there was a groundswell of opinion in September that we needed a 20 goal striker. With hindsight that opinion is now absurd.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2018, 10:10:49 pm by Fitzy. »

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 7, 2018, 10:10:06 pm »
Minds clearly (and understandably) on more important things, half our first team rested, used as a run out for our fringe players/ players coming back from injury, their best chance to actually win a derby in forever... and they still can't beat us ;D Fucking hell, what a joke of a club.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: April 7, 2018, 10:11:58 pm »
Playing devils advocate he did finish Top scorer in the World Cup U-20

Now I didnt watch any of that, Im guessing as a football geek** you would have. What did you think of him then?

**Meant as a compliment

I don't pay attention to that level as a predictor of future performance, though - it's NOTORIOUSLY unreliable. However, the top scorer was Ricardo Orsolini. Solanke scored 4 goals, along with some others whose names wouldn't be setting the world alight yet. He played very well in that tournament that I remember (outwith his winning of the Golden Ball), but he also played in a more traditional system that didn't rely on Gegenpressing and one-touch play.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm saying he's a reactive one, which means that he's not looking around the field before the ball comes to him - he gets the ball, THEN decides what he's going to do. This means if there is nothing immediately "On" in his line of sight, he'll try to dribble his way out, or he'll make a bad pass, or he'll lose the ball. For a pressing side with quick transitional one-touch attacking, he needs to be WAY more thoughtful, way more observant. It's one thing to be doing it against teams of his similarly inexperienced peers. To do it at the top level with veterans of top talent? He needs to be WAY better. And quickly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: April 7, 2018, 10:12:47 pm »
Do you think Klopp draws conclusions on players based on such limited evidence? I would suggest he uses a much bigger sample and works with a player every day on the training ground. As fans, we’ve seen DS for a tiny fraction of what Klopp has.

My suggestion is to step back, give him space to sink or swim rather than jumping in early. Fans are notoriously bad at this stuff - heck, there was a groundswell of opinion in September that we needed a 20 goal striker. With hindsight that opinion is now absurd.

We do have a 20-goal striker - his name is Salah ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #576 on: April 7, 2018, 10:17:12 pm »
Clearly our minds were on other things, the clean sheet was a positive. As was Gini's performance, roll on Tuesday.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #577 on: April 7, 2018, 10:24:16 pm »
I don’t think it’s always helpful to use a selective example to prove a point. Myriad reasons that lead to a breakthrough.  Rashford was picked during an injury crisis and wasn’t the understudy to Europe’s best striking trio.

I’m not suggesting that Solankie is definitely going to make it but I’ve also seen this movie before - a fanbase shoots its load too early, having no patience or genuine knowledge of the player before writing him off.

We don't expect him to come in to deliver the goods like Salah but there were a couple of occasions where he could have gambled and make his run a lot quicker. It wasn't until the ball was played that he started running, a bit like Origi for us last year.

As a 21 yo, I kind of expected him to show some energy but yet he looked more laboured than Sane, Milner and Henderson who played on Wednesday. Clyne just came back from injury and just compare that to his commitment and intensity.

If making runs isn't his natural game then he is going to struggle for game time under Klopp.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: April 7, 2018, 10:32:36 pm »
Didn't expect much with one eye on the next match and Fat Sam managing the shite in a derby game.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: April 7, 2018, 10:35:13 pm »

I haven't written anybody off, but they are clearly not ready to come on and change the game. We need players on the bench who can change a game, neither have shown they can do this at the moment. Probably have the best first eleven attacking players in the Prem,   and backup that don't have a goal between them.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: April 7, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »
Just watched the game while washing the dishes (and cooking) so it was perfect. I only look for what impressed me today. Karius was excellent and calm. Natty Clyne and Klaven, zero minutes as fullbacks this season until today, Clyne's first run out, great. Gini coped really well, Milner was so comfortable. All the others did their best. We played relaxed football with no stress for 75 minutes. No complaints and most important ... No injuries today.
Then City blew it against the other shower. Perfect evening. All good with the reds. God knows what it's like being an Everton supporter. That was truely pathetic.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: April 7, 2018, 11:25:55 pm »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #582 on: April 7, 2018, 11:31:43 pm »
Just went on to GOT for the laughs and saw this beaut.

"They were 8th two years ago they've had a wonder one off season from salah who's won them those 26 points himself. The one who did that last year has already left.
I don't bother with comparing to them, just know they're nothing special."

- referring to those 26 points we're ahead.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Never did get the one-man team jibes from people over the years(even our own)..
Even IF we were a one-man team, that one man plays for, guess who - Liverpool! ;D

So obviously it was Liverpool "who's won them those 26 points". * :duh :rollseyes*

They always conclude(in their confused minds) that the star player is somehow a loan or something or somehow not part of the team.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2018, 11:36:12 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: April 7, 2018, 11:57:29 pm »
People writing off Solanke are slightly jumping the gun. It was only recently that a lot of people thought Karius would never excel as a number 1.

Whilst the jury may still be out on them both, let's give them sometime to prove/develop before writing them off.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: April 7, 2018, 11:58:12 pm »
bollocks

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: April 7, 2018, 11:59:14 pm »
Was that really at the end
Probably half time knowing them lot

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #586 on: April 8, 2018, 12:02:20 am »
I hope some of the reptiles on here, who put GOT to shame, now understand, we are not guaranteed Europe and will divvi up for the rest of the season and not indulge oin giddiness about chamions league. Te same as you fucking pontificate about your fucking experience in Europe, as if, ythen understand the fuckingtop4 oarty is notbyetover. Fucking pissed again...........................
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: April 8, 2018, 12:02:25 am »
Probably half time knowing them lot
[emoji1]
bollocks

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #588 on: April 8, 2018, 12:03:17 am »

I look at him with my own eyes and see a player who is no better than N'gog and Origi. They had actually done more, but ultimately were not good enough.

Although I'm OK with  the result today, but we really could have done with the win. The fact that we didn't was because we looked toothless up front. If we want to be successful we need Solanke to be scoring today. It's harsh, but he simply will not get much time to impress. Today was a huge opportunity and he's not made the most of it.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: April 8, 2018, 12:03:55 am »
I hope some of the reptiles on here, who put GOT to shame, now understand, we are not guaranteed Europe and will divvi up for the rest of the season and not indulge oin giddiness about chamions league. Te same as you fucking pontificate about your fucking experience in Europe, as if, ythen understand the fuckingtop4 oarty is notbyetover. Fucking pissed again...........................
Ypuve misspelt on porpoise have nt ypu. Pretending 2 b dwunk.
bollocks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: April 8, 2018, 12:05:24 am »
Alright Hodgson!  :wanker

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: April 8, 2018, 12:06:42 am »
Ypuve misspelt on porpoise have nt ypu. Pretending 2 b dwunk.
He started off so well too!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: April 8, 2018, 12:11:44 am »
He started off so well too!
And finished well. Lol. Just kidding Bobby.
Im pissed too. Miss the ol drunk tank on here.
Used to be a battle of who spelled or spelt the worse. Or worsted
bollocks

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: April 8, 2018, 12:12:44 am »
And finished well. Lol. Just kidding Bobby.
Im pissed too. Miss the ol drunk tank on here.
Used to be a battle of who spelled or spelt the worse. Or worsted
I prefer worsetededer. Sounds better and all ground are covered!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: April 8, 2018, 12:15:08 am »
I prefer worsetededer. Sounds better and all ground are covered!
Worcester is good. But only for crisps. Now im correcting my spelling so I dont look pretend drunk.
Goodnight[emoji1]
bollocks

Online Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #595 on: April 8, 2018, 12:20:09 am »
Today just highlighted for me our lack of creativity in the middle of the park which doesn't really get noticed when the 3 amigos are played together....also just noticed it today with VVD trying his luck with a FK we don't really have a dead ball specialist at the club.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: April 8, 2018, 12:21:29 am »
Today just highlighted for me our lack of creativity in the middle of the park which doesn't really get noticed when the 3 amigos are played together....also just noticed it today with VVD trying his luck with a FK we don't really have a dead ball specialist at the club.
To be fair it surprised me that it's taken this long for big Virg to take a free kick, he scored quite a few for Celtic and they weren't exactly pea rollers either, I think it just highlights the fact that he can take them rather than we have no one else who can take them!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #597 on: April 8, 2018, 12:26:28 am »

There is really no need for this Viva.  If you want to have a go and get through it --- PM me.    If not, take a look at this: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/  - 99% likely to get in the ECL. 

Its not 100%, and nothing rarely is, but we are very close to finishing the job --- with Tuesday in mind. 

How about we have a discussion that does not fracture, but helps people understand the bulk of what you are trying to express beyond anger?   

I will listen to what you have to say and honor it.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: April 8, 2018, 12:29:17 am »
I look at him with my own eyes and see a player who is no better than N'gog and Origi.

Might be time to visit the eye doctor

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #599 on: April 8, 2018, 12:34:30 am »
Was that really at the end

It was after Everton won a corner...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...