Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5730833 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #55880 on: August 2, 2020, 08:34:54 pm »
Well done Arsenal. Pepe looked quite decent yesterday. Is Ceballos staying?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55881 on: August 2, 2020, 08:42:59 pm »
Well done Arsenal. Pepe looked quite decent yesterday. Is Ceballos staying?

He wants to stay, Arsenal want him to stay, and Real dont seem desperate to have him back, so im sure theyll reach an agreement.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55882 on: August 2, 2020, 08:47:27 pm »
I remember when I used to walk past them and they had no crowd around them, theyd approach people to interview them and fans would just keep walking because they werent interested in wasting their time with a train to catch or a pub to get to.
I honestly used to feel sorry for them and wonder why they did this, it used to be just Robbie and a couple of lads. Next thing you know, they've hit the jackpot.

I think id be a great addition fam, big man ting.

So are we abandoning our BeeTV launch for next season? It’ll be a goldmine I tell you.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55883 on: August 2, 2020, 08:55:13 pm »
So are we abandoning our BeeTV launch for next season? It’ll be a goldmine I tell you.

The problem is you have nothing to moan about. No one will tune in because your depressed at not getting 100 points.

AFTV are lucky, they got the perfect storm with the state the club is in.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #55884 on: August 2, 2020, 09:11:28 pm »
The 2 most successful teams in England this season. Liverpool then Arsenal. (providing city get booted out of cl).
Steady on mate, I know we’re having one of our periodic Arsenal love-ins but that’s still a bit like the time ‘Lamps’ was runner-up to Ronaldinho for the Ballon d’Or.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55885 on: August 2, 2020, 09:26:14 pm »
Folarin Balogun then - apparently he’s on the move...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #55886 on: August 2, 2020, 09:27:30 pm »
Balogun looks a talent but he'd be behind Firmino and Brewster (and Origi) and appears to be looking for first team football.  Suspect he'll go somewhere like Brentford and we'll keep an eye on him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55887 on: August 2, 2020, 09:29:24 pm »
Balogun looks a talent but he'd be behind Firmino and Brewster (and Origi) and appears to be looking for first team football.  Suspect he'll go somewhere like Brentford and we'll keep an eye on him.

Or we sign him and loan him out.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55888 on: August 2, 2020, 09:46:32 pm »
Ive only ever seen us lose 1 fa cup final, against Liverpool in 01, and I still cant get over it, even with the 7 weve won since. They were showing a reply of it in the lockdown and I changed the channel...

Mate the same here - Charlie George 71. Still makes my heart sink  ;D

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55889 on: August 2, 2020, 10:05:57 pm »
Is he an out and out 9? Looks explosive so if he can play on the wing you never know. Origi and shaqiri out with him and Brewster in maybe..

Probably not ready for that but other than buying and then loaning out I can’t see another way.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #55890 on: August 2, 2020, 11:03:47 pm »
I didn't know, I've not been folarin the news
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55891 on: August 3, 2020, 03:29:33 am »
Is he an out and out 9? Looks explosive so if he can play on the wing you never know. Origi and shaqiri out with him and Brewster in maybe..

Probably not ready for that but other than buying and then loaning out I can’t see another way.

“I am the sort of striker that likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender and make runs behind them, similar to the way that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang plays,” Balogun told the official Arsenal website in March 2019.

Havent really seen him play but he seems to score every game for the youth/reserves, and has done for years.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #55892 on: August 3, 2020, 06:15:08 am »
Steady on mate, I know we’re having one of our periodic Arsenal love-ins but that’s still a bit like the time ‘Lamps’ was runner-up to Ronaldinho for the Ballon d’Or.
Wins one facking trophy and he’s giving it the big ‘un. Facking arrogant that is.  Fack off.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #55893 on: August 3, 2020, 08:55:52 am »
Glad they won, my mates were happy and I dont like Chelsea and fwank is a needy whiney get.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55894 on: August 3, 2020, 04:15:23 pm »
Liked the Aubameyang comment that he saw he was facing Zouma, his former St Etienne team mate, and thought, 'He'll think I want to go onto my right, so I'll go on my left'. A split second in the mind of a world class footballer.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #55895 on: August 3, 2020, 04:17:36 pm »
Ive only ever seen us lose 1 fa cup final, against Liverpool in 01, and I still cant get over it, even with the 7 weve won since. They were showing a reply of it in the lockdown and I changed the channel.

On an unrelated note, man city forum did a poll on who their fans wanted to win the cup final, Arsenal got 5.5% only. Nice to see the plastics sticking together, shame they only won a league cup between them this season.

Now you know how we feel about 89.
#Sausages

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #55896 on: August 3, 2020, 08:16:31 pm »
Frank has become a meme after embarassing himself on our touchline last week, love to see it
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #55897 on: August 3, 2020, 08:17:10 pm »
Frank has become a meme after embarassing himself on our touchline last week, love to see it

Where is that?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55898 on: August 3, 2020, 08:23:43 pm »
Where is that?

Side of the pitch, white chalk
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #55899 on: August 3, 2020, 08:26:56 pm »
Side of the pitch, white chalk

I fuckig kow that, I'd ask for the lik ut I ca;t type N's(thats pasted) so thats the way I could ask.

Ad its ot chalk ay more, its a dye. So there, Mr smart arse. :P
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55900 on: August 3, 2020, 08:30:39 pm »
I fuckig kow that, I'd ask for the lik ut I ca;t type N's(thats pasted) so thats the way I could ask.

ow ow, o eed to get agry!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55901 on: August 3, 2020, 10:03:58 pm »
Liked the Aubameyang comment that he saw he was facing Zouma, his former St Etienne team mate, and thought, 'He'll think I want to go onto my right, so I'll go on my left'. A split second in the mind of a world class footballer.

Also the knowledge that Zouma is that shit there is no way he could think like that.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55902 on: August 3, 2020, 10:39:01 pm »

Hipster Dvorak-keyboard fuckers mutual fuck up?
Or just using the Wenger position?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55903 on: August 4, 2020, 02:29:21 pm »
Bloody hell everyone is bigging up these now too.

They played ok at the weekend and fair enough they won the cup but they aren't a great team.

The two games against us and City were two of the most one sided games I have seen. They had 2 shots on target against us and they both came when we passed straight to them.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #55904 on: August 4, 2020, 02:44:45 pm »
Auba would have had so much fun playing for us
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55905 on: August 4, 2020, 03:41:48 pm »
My bold prediction is Arsenal finish top four next year and challenge for the title the year after that. I genuinely think (based on admittedly not an awful lot up to now) Arteta is going to be a brilliant manager for them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55906 on: August 4, 2020, 03:43:08 pm »
My bold prediction is Arsenal finish top four next year and challenge for the title the year after that. I genuinely think (based on admittedly not an awful lot up to now) Arteta is going to be a brilliant manager for them.

No fucking chance.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #55907 on: August 4, 2020, 03:44:00 pm »

If Arteta turns out to be that good, he won’t be hanging around Arsenal too long.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55908 on: August 4, 2020, 03:48:12 pm »
If Arteta turns out to be that good, he won’t be hanging around Arsenal too long.

Good shout. Here’s to hoping!

No fucking chance.

You’re not the first person to say this to me  ;D

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55909 on: August 4, 2020, 03:49:11 pm »
They'll be extremely lucky to challenge for top 4 the year after, never mind win the title.

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55910 on: August 4, 2020, 03:50:32 pm »
They'll be extremely lucky to challenge for top 4 the year after, never mind win the title.

Nah, not saying they’ll win the title, just I think they’ll challenge. Could be wrong. Hope I am.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #55911 on: August 4, 2020, 04:34:11 pm »

Very bold prediction!

Over a 2 year period a lot can happen in football but Arteta would need to be an amazing manager and Arsenal would need to be almost perfect in the transfer market (with limited funds) for Arsenal to be title challengers by the 2021/22 season.

I think there's a good chance they improve over the next few seasons. Same with Chelsea and United. But improving don't necessarily mean they'll challenge for the league in the next 2 seasons. If City and Liverpool keep to their current levels (the last 2-3 seasons) then those teams need to improve significantly season on season to get to the same level. If I was those teams I'd be looking to improve over the next 2 seasons and loom at 2022/23 as a possible title challenge when City and us may have to start a rebuild to some degree.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #55912 on: August 4, 2020, 06:18:57 pm »
It's true, when Everton come calling...

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55913 on: August 4, 2020, 06:20:18 pm »
They aren't challenging for the title in 2 years time. They have too many holes in their side to fill via the transfer market. Some massive wanking on here going on

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55914 on: August 4, 2020, 06:55:53 pm »
They aren't challenging for the title in 2 years time. They have too many holes in their side to fill via the transfer market. Some massive wanking on here going on

You’ve convinced me. I’m making an amendment to my bold prediction. They’ll challenge for the title in three years.

Seriously though, Arteta could end up being an absolute disaster for all I know. Based off what I’ve seen and read about him up to now though, just have this feeling he’s going to be a very good manager and if that’s the case then Arsenal will definitely benefit.

Also don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that he’ll want to move on if he’s any good. Think with the right people making the right decisions Arsenal can be a much better side than they are now. Managers do well somewhere like Arsenal and they’ll want to stay to challenge for top honours, they’re a big club after all. Caveat to this would be that I’m sure I’ve read somewhere they’d be in a bit of trouble financially without Champions League football for much longer, don’t quote me on it though, could’ve just imagined it.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55915 on: August 4, 2020, 07:31:28 pm »
Arteta looks like a really good manager in the making but two seasons is far two soon for a title challenge. Like Klopp he needs to produce back to back top four finishes before he can think of a title challenge.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55916 on: August 4, 2020, 09:21:39 pm »
I think he will be.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55917 on: August 4, 2020, 09:34:02 pm »
Even assuming Arteta turns out to be phenomenal, I think they'll need some significant investment in their squad if that type of fast progress is needed. Anytime I've read about them (admittedly not a lot), the investment seems to be an issue?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55918 on: August 4, 2020, 09:42:56 pm »
You’ve convinced me. I’m making an amendment to my bold prediction. They’ll challenge for the title in three years.

Seriously though, Arteta could end up being an absolute disaster for all I know. Based off what I’ve seen and read about him up to now though, just have this feeling he’s going to be a very good manager and if that’s the case then Arsenal will definitely benefit.

Also don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that he’ll want to move on if he’s any good. Think with the right people making the right decisions Arsenal can be a much better side than they are now. Managers do well somewhere like Arsenal and they’ll want to stay to challenge for top honours, they’re a big club after all. Caveat to this would be that I’m sure I’ve read somewhere they’d be in a bit of trouble financially without Champions League football for much longer, don’t quote me on it though, could’ve just imagined it.

They've been consistently making the wrong decisions in the transfer market, and then there's also the issue with Kroenke not spending enough when he needs to. In 3 years time Auba is 34. He's carrying them at the moment. Pepe could be a good player one day but thats too early to tell.

Their midfield is all over the place, no stand out player in any case, not enough creativity. centerhalves are an issue, fullbacks are fine if they can stay fit.

There's too much work to be done for a novice manager. Stranger things have happened of course.

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55919 on: August 4, 2020, 10:09:23 pm »
They've been consistently making the wrong decisions in the transfer market, and then there's also the issue with Kroenke not spending enough when he needs to. In 3 years time Auba is 34. He's carrying them at the moment. Pepe could be a good player one day but thats too early to tell.

Their midfield is all over the place, no stand out player in any case, not enough creativity. centerhalves are an issue, fullbacks are fine if they can stay fit.

There's too much work to be done for a novice manager. Stranger things have happened of course.

Yeah, loads of good points being made. Don’t get me wrong, in order for me to be proven right on this one there would have to be a clear run of good decisions being made at all levels of that club. Probably almost definitely too much to do. Let’s return to this in two years and see how wrong I ended up being.