Author Topic: Fulham  (Read 13407 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fulham
« Reply #120 on: August 7, 2022, 06:29:46 pm »
Watch them shit the bed in their next fixture.
you know Mirkovic will not score in the next 15 matches too

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #121 on: August 7, 2022, 07:06:04 pm »
I think Mitrovic has 15 goals in him if his confidence is riding high. Tailwind player. 43 goals in the Championship are ridiculous numbers no matter his previous meh-ish PL CV.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 07:07:36 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 7, 2022, 08:49:51 pm »
Was seriously impressed with Mitrovic and Palhinha.

Serious doubts about him being able to play like that for the rest of the season, but thought Mitrovic offered a lot more to the game than he used to. A lot will just depend on him getting some service from the supporting cast.

Palhinha looks a real player. Crazy the amount of talent coming out of the Portuguese league right now.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #123 on: August 7, 2022, 08:53:22 pm »
Mitrovic has played 3 full seasons in the Prem. The first time he scored 9, then he got 11, and last time out he got 3.

They obviously aren't great numbers and the 3 he scored last time was poor but considering he's been relegated with poor teams in all of those seasons I don't think the first two are bad by any means. He would have only been quite young when he first went to Newcastle too.

I think if he goes down with Fulham again someone better might take a shot on him if the price is right. Maybe go to another top flight league abroad where the standard isn't as good as the Prem. He'd probably do a job for some sides fighting for Europe in the right set up.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #124 on: August 8, 2022, 12:04:07 am »
Now he’s back in the Premier League hopefully he can find someone other than his mum to cut his hair.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #125 on: August 8, 2022, 01:34:21 am »
It was disappointing but I still quite like Fulham and hope they stay up

Best memory there is still Gerrard in mid air, shirt swinging, with the famous old stand in the background, and Hendo looking on in awe.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 8, 2022, 07:45:31 am »
It was disappointing but I still quite like Fulham and hope they stay up

Best memory there is still Gerrard in mid air, shirt swinging, with the famous old stand in the background, and Hendo looking on in awe.

I agree.  Lots of history there, football wise.  Historical ground too.

Great image that!  :wave

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 8, 2022, 08:21:58 am »
Mitrovic has played 3 full seasons in the Prem. The first time he scored 9, then he got 11, and last time out he got 3.

They obviously aren't great numbers and the 3 he scored last time was poor but considering he's been relegated with poor teams in all of those seasons I don't think the first two are bad by any means. He would have only been quite young when he first went to Newcastle too.

I think if he goes down with Fulham again someone better might take a shot on him if the price is right. Maybe go to another top flight league abroad where the standard isn't as good as the Prem. He'd probably do a job for some sides fighting for Europe in the right set up.

It's pretty obvious that he's had plenty of baggage which has held him back. Another talented football player that could have had a much brighter career if it wasn't for issues largely not related to footballing ability itself.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #128 on: August 8, 2022, 09:38:01 am »
Was seriously impressed with Mitrovic and Palhinha.

Serious doubts about him being able to play like that for the rest of the season, but thought Mitrovic offered a lot more to the game than he used to. A lot will just depend on him getting some service from the supporting cast.

Palhinha looks a real player. Crazy the amount of talent coming out of the Portuguese league right now.

There was some noise about Palhinha in the Euro's and by Portuguese based journalists - Surprised he went to Fulham, and with a performance like he did in the first half, you can see why. He only faded once we started getting it wider, which took us about 60 minutes for some reason. I reckon he will be at a team in europe by next season.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #129 on: August 8, 2022, 11:41:40 am »
There was some noise about Palhinha in the Euro's and by Portuguese based journalists - Surprised he went to Fulham, and with a performance like he did in the first half, you can see why. He only faded once we started getting it wider, which took us about 60 minutes for some reason. I reckon he will be at a team in europe by next season.

We did try to play wide, however they snuffed that out, sometimes legally with excellent team pressing (though they eventually tired) and sometimes not so legally abetted by a terrible ref. One thing we really should have done, a point which was made on the commentary i listened to, was constantly pressure Tettey after he got the yellow card. We never seem to do that as a team for some reason.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 8, 2022, 09:31:23 pm »
I hope they go down. Its a nice place to watch football but we cant handle it down there. Whether its the pitch, the team etc, we find it very difficult. They handed our arse to us the last three times they played us so i hope they fuck off.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #131 on: August 8, 2022, 09:39:17 pm »
I hope they go down. Its a nice place to watch football but we cant handle it down there. Whether its the pitch, the team etc, we find it very difficult. They handed our arse to us the last three times they played us so i hope they fuck off.
I know a lot of people are pissed off with that result last weekend, me included. But it's up to us to be on top of our game and boss these types of matches, which we are more than capable enough.
You can't blame the Fulhams of the World for treating playing against us like they're in the Champions League final. It's a pity that they probably won't have that attitude against most of the other teams, and will probably be fighting yet another relegation battle.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #132 on: August 8, 2022, 09:41:48 pm »
I do have this sneaky hope that they no really well and Marco Silva shows himself to be an adept PL manager so that Everton fans can look on in misery and wonder why? why? why not us?

But that's just the 'orrible git in me  8)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 8, 2022, 09:42:26 pm »
I know a lot of people are pissed off with that result last weekend, me included. But it's up to us to be on top of our game and boss these types of matches, which we are more than capable enough.
You can't blame the Fulhams of the World for treating playing against us like they're in the Champions League final. It's a pity that they probably won't have that attitude against most of the other teams, and will probably be fighting yet another relegation battle.

I know, but Fulham have always made it tough for us. I dont blame them, I blame us for that. But I want us to win all our games and if that means we get a Norwich instead and a team we seem to do well against, then Id rather that than teams that can match us.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2024, 10:17:29 pm »
Whoever handed out the plastic flags tonight has had a bit of a mare... :-X

I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2024, 10:19:28 pm »
Wouldn’t mind us taking a look at Tosin, should we decide to do the unthinkable and move Joel on.
AHA!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2024, 10:19:52 pm »
Chelsea fans making the short trip to scout us for the final?

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2024, 10:20:19 pm »
Whoever handed out the plastic flags tonight has had a bit of a mare... :-X

Ku Klux Klan convention?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2024, 10:28:07 pm »
Ku Klux Klan convention?
That's exactly what it looks like.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2024, 01:37:55 pm »
Wouldn’t mind us taking a look at Tosin, should we decide to do the unthinkable and move Joel on.
Good God no.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: Yesterday at 04:06:38 pm »

Anyone fancy a swim the next time we play at Fulham? New plans unveiled for their Riverside hospitality lounge  :o

The game is so gone

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #141 on: Yesterday at 04:10:46 pm »
I'm sure that'll be a haven for celebs and influencers looking to soak up the sun in.....England?

They should try that at Caley Thistle or Aberdeen.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: Yesterday at 04:13:02 pm »
I'm sure that'll be a haven for celebs and influencers looking to soak up the sun in.....England?

They should try that at Caley Thistle or Aberdeen.
Or Bramley Moore Dock?

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #143 on: Yesterday at 08:36:17 pm »

Anyone fancy a swim the next time we play at Fulham? New plans unveiled for their Riverside hospitality lounge  :o

The game is so gone

Fucks sake  :lmao

Was always going to be some stupid Southern bastards doing this first
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #144 on: Yesterday at 08:45:55 pm »

The game is so gone
I'm just disappointed that we're being left behind on things like this. FSG have let us down by not putting a pool on the roof of the new Anny Road End. Imagine it, looking out over the park. All the fans sitting on sun loungers in their North Face budgie smugglers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #145 on: Yesterday at 09:16:19 pm »

The game is so gone

Nothing like having a relaxing rooftop swim while 30,000 men behind you scream "the referee's a wanker" repeatedly.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #146 on: Yesterday at 09:29:20 pm »

The game is so gone

Hmmm, wonder were the Fulham owner get that idea from

Big difference having a pool in a stadium in North Florida, to London, can see it now, someone suggesting of buying a poolside ticket for a match on a cold wet windy night in February with a risk of hypothermia for anyone who dares strip off & take a dip.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:32:04 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #147 on: Yesterday at 10:05:11 pm »
I'm all for it if Sky have a pool cam.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #148 on: Today at 08:56:45 am »

The game is so gone
FFS, meady1981 should have told us he had moved into the stadium consultancy game.  Hope you got paid well for this, meady.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75