Author Topic: Ligue 1 Thread - 2015/16 Season  (Read 42718 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ligue 1 Thread - 2015/16 Season
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2017, 09:52:29 pm »
I think Emery tried to change too much too soon. His new system of playing 3 upfront was vastly different from what they were used to, with Ibra as target man. They have a relatively balanced first team, but need to replace Matuidi. Rumors about them lining up Tolisso.

Tolisso - Veratti
       Rabiot

Would be one of the best young midfield in Europe.

As for Monaco, they are living the fucking dream. Afraid of absolutely nothing. Probably the most confident bunch of youngsters I have seen in a long time. Long may they continue (though I know the vultures are lurking already). Regardless of what anyone says, their scouting setup and Jardim are their most prized asset.

I don't follow Ligue 1 much at all, so I am more than willing to take your word for it. Looking at their squad, I would say they need another CF, Cavani has been great for them but they don't really have anybody else. They have a plethora of really gifted attacking midfielders though. A club could get a good deal on players like Lucas and Pastore this summer.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #481 on: April 30, 2017, 09:53:40 pm »
Watching PSG lose their shit is the cherry on the top of a jammed filled sponge cake of a footy result day.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 30, 2017, 09:53:49 pm »
Motta and Di Maria sent off while Nice score their 3rd.

Losing the plot now.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: April 30, 2017, 09:55:40 pm »
13 pages in 4 years?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: April 30, 2017, 09:58:30 pm »
FT in Nice. Monaco now 3 points ahead with a game in hand. Almost there.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: April 30, 2017, 09:59:18 pm »
FT in Nice. Monaco now 3 points ahead with a game in hand. Almost there.

Effectively 4 points ahead with a game in hand as their goal difference is massively superior.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »
13 pages in 4 years?

worse than our post-match victory threads.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #487 on: April 30, 2017, 10:15:07 pm »
Watching PSG lose their shit is the cherry on the top of a jammed filled sponge cake of a footy result day.
It was a joy to behold - like watching a bunch of spoilt children throwing their dummies out of the pram.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2017, 10:15:57 pm »
worse than our post-match victory threads.....

;D

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2017, 10:39:19 pm »

Nice vs PSG highlights - quite an eventful game...

https://highlightsfootball.com/video/nice-vs-paris-saint-germain-highlights/

Well in Nice - hope they go and nick 2nd from PSG (though unlikely).

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/france/ligue-1/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #490 on: May 7, 2017, 06:56:35 pm »

Marseilles vs Nice tonight - 8pm kick off on BT Sport 1.

Should be a decent game - Nice will go 3 points behind PSG if they win, Marseille go into the Europa League spots if they win...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 7, 2017, 07:39:23 pm »
Thauvin looks like Messi in Franse
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2017, 01:08:43 pm »
Another immense performance by Mbappe, another goalscoring fest by Monaco and Falcao.

Just need 1 point from the remaning 2 games to wrap up the title after 16 years.

What a journey it has been for them, from relegation to league champions in 6 years. And with this side as well. Almost all of them top class, young attacking footballers, playing it the way which has excited almost everyone who has watched them. Absolutely stunning achievement from Jardim. Who has to be in the managers of the season shortlist.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2017, 02:54:50 pm »

Monaco v St Etienne tonight, 8pm ko live on BT Sport 3.

Some streams - https://soccerstreams.net/streams/7047/monaco-12_vs_saint-etienne-57

a point or more tonight and the league is Monaco's (though it's very likely theirs, even if not)

Should be a cracking game anyway :)

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/france/ligue-1/

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2017, 08:25:38 pm »
Mbappe scores, Monaco lead 1-0

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2017, 10:37:20 pm »
Champions !

What an unbelievable achievement. Let the dismantling commence.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #496 on: May 19, 2017, 06:26:40 pm »

Auxerre vs Red Star FC with a 7.30pm ko tonight in Ligue 2 - https://soccerstreams.net/streams/7100/auxerre-30_vs_red-star-90

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/france/ligue-2/

Hadn't heard of this 'Red Star FC' - but a little research/lazy googling and...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_F.C.

what's not to like...? :)

http://www.redstar.fr/
https://twitter.com/RedStarFC

plus, as 120 year anniversary shirts go this isn't bad, isn't bad at all...

http://shop.redstar.fr/home/51-maillot-120-ans.html

Good luck Red Star :)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #497 on: May 19, 2017, 09:48:07 pm »
A 95th minute goal for Amiens sent them from 4th to 2nd and up into Ligue 1. This kicked Lens out of the playoff spot who won their game 3-1. Lens and Strasbourg returning to L1 together would have been good!

Strasbourg and Amiens go up, Troyes will play one of Caen, Lorient, Bastia and Dijon who in particular just haven't cut the mustard this season.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:49:55 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2017, 12:51:28 pm »
Lacazette confirms he's going to Atletico. Fuck. Was really hoping we'd sign him.

"Atletico is a club that has been in the last stages of the Champions League for several years. It is a great team with a new stadium, and it is also a club that makes the players progress. And there is Antoine Griezmann."

Good thing that he mentions Antoine. Fuck Mancs, you only get James and Antoine would have been much better for Maureen.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2017, 02:02:20 pm »
Lacazette confirms he's going to Atletico. Fuck. Was really hoping we'd sign him.

"Atletico is a club that has been in the last stages of the Champions League for several years. It is a great team with a new stadium, and it is also a club that makes the players progress. And there is Antoine Griezmann."

Good thing that he mentions Antoine. Fuck Mancs, you only get James and Antoine would have been much better for Maureen.

Atletico have had problems with centerforwards since they sold Costa [prior to that every one of their strikers were gold, Torres,Forlan,Aguero,Falcao] they've bought Jackson Martinez,Mandzukic,Gameiro, and they haven't produced what they expected.

Will be interesting to see how it works this time around

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2017, 12:38:26 pm »
Going to Atletico makes more sense than going to the PL. He's only 5'9, so he'll get physically bullied less in La Liga. I do wonder how he'll do outside of Lyon. There's been so much hype about him for a player who has hardly been capped by France and only scored once for them. Most players would have left Ligue 1 by now, rather than wait until their mid-twenties (he's 26 next week)

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2017, 12:42:37 pm »
Dijon who in particular just haven't cut the mustard this season.

;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: May 23, 2017, 09:00:53 pm »
Mbappe to French TV

"If I stay at Monaco then I'll stay and that will be that," he said in a lengthy interview with beIN Sports.

"I'll make a choice based on my career, which I'm concentrated on above anything else.

"I'm at an age where I need to play and that will be my main focus because this year I played a lot. I'm not 30 years old. I have to play.

"This year has been about breaking through but now I have to confirm that and build upon it.

"I'll be the only one who decides my future along with my family. I won't be forced to go anywhere."

The France international marked a stunning season by scoring in the Champions League against the likes of Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City and insisted that he hasn't been too surprised with his early achievements.

"In football, everything is possible through hard work and I think that has been important," the teenager continued.

"I've always believed in myself and I knew I was capable of doing great things.

"It isn't just about desire and wanting to succeed, you must work hard in order to have that bear fruit.

"Maybe I didn't think everything would happen so fast but I knew I could do it.

So that's that then.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #503 on: May 27, 2017, 12:46:23 pm »

Coupe de France Final tonight - an 8pm ko live on TV5 Monde  (scrolls down to foreign language tv channels on sat box - aye, it's there :))

Angers v PSG

https://twitter.com/AngersSCO
https://twitter.com/PSG_inside
https://twitter.com/coupedefrance

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/france/coupe-de-france/

some streams - https://soccerstreams.net/streams/7316/angers-sco-28_vs_psg-1

a list of tv channels around the world showing the game live - http://www.getyourfixtures.com/all/match/2017-May-27/football/44-FrenchCup/481059-SCOAngers_vs_ParisSaintGermain

C'mon Angers :)

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #504 on: May 28, 2017, 12:14:03 am »

Unlucky Angers - losing to a spawny 91st minute own goal vs PSG in the Final today.

6 minute highlights here - http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/05/27/angers-vs-paris-saint-germain-highlights-2/

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #505 on: June 19, 2017, 02:13:40 pm »
Anyone have any knowledge on when French TV companies decide what games there showing ?

Trying to find out if the Marseille game against Dijon on the 5th August will stay the Saturday or move to the Sunday

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2017, 12:49:56 pm »
Phenomenal writing on the rise of Mbappe, reinvention of Falcao and all things AS Monaco.

People love to trot out the 'Oh but they're bankrolled by an oil tycoon' line but the reality is far too complex.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/rich-mans-plaything

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #507 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:56 am »
Anyone ever been to PSG on here?

Off to Paris for a few days and managed to persuade the Mrs to let me go the first game of the season. Wondered if anyone knows anywhere decent before the game to soak up the atmosphere and have a few jars?
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #508 on: July 24, 2017, 12:28:38 pm »
Anyone ever been to PSG on here?

Off to Paris for a few days and managed to persuade the Mrs to let me go the first game of the season. Wondered if anyone knows anywhere decent before the game to soak up the atmosphere and have a few jars?

I went last season when they played Lille with my Parisian friend, theres not much going on around the stadium but id definitely head too Aux Trois Obus where a lot of the locals gather before the match

What stand you in ?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:31:20 pm by FuturisticLFC »

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #509 on: July 24, 2017, 12:34:09 pm »
Marseilles vs Nice tonight - 8pm kick off on BT Sport 1.

Should be a decent game - Nice will go 3 points behind PSG if they win, Marseille go into the Europa League spots if they win...

Will you be posting up any streams for the Marseille v Oostende game in the Europa League on Thursday ?

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #510 on: July 24, 2017, 02:34:48 pm »
I went last season when they played Lille with my Parisian friend, theres not much going on around the stadium but id definitely head too Aux Trois Obus where a lot of the locals gather before the match

What stand you in ?

Nice one, thanks.

In borelli stand.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #511 on: July 27, 2017, 03:22:12 pm »
Nice one, thanks.

In borelli stand.

No problem I'm there in September for the game against Lyon

And off too OM v Dijion next Sunday