Author Topic: Theresa May and Truth  (Read 9518 times)

Offline PhilScraton

• Love and affection.....on the buses :) aka Fill Scratton.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
Theresa May and Truth
« on: February 1, 2017, 05:41:14 pm »
"And I ensured justice for the families of Hillsborough". Prime Minister, House of Commons, 1 February 2017.

I see the Trump illness is contagious ...
'Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for those who think differently' Rosa Luxemburg

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Theresa May and Truth
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2017, 05:44:55 pm »
Saw this in the Echo. Madness.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2017, 05:54:38 pm »

Of course she did - fuckin loon !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2017, 06:33:57 pm »
Bloody hell, thanks for posting Phil.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »
she`s aff her head. :no :no
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Franny

• RAWK Director of Geo-location
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2017, 11:30:11 pm »
#Sausages

Offline PhilScraton

• Love and affection.....on the buses :) aka Fill Scratton.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: February 2, 2017, 12:48:21 am »
This has now been tweeted in part ... so here's the full text:

Prime Minister, Hillsborough and ‘post-truth’

“And I ensured justice for the families of Hillsborough”.
This was the remarkable claim made by Prime Minister Theresa May in the House of Commons today. It is clear that we now live in a political climate where ‘truth’ no longer matters; where reality can be reconstructed to suit the selfish interests of those whose disingenuous claims become accepted facts simply because they are made.

I have researched and published on the injustices of Hillsborough for 27 years: two major reports; four editions of Hillsborough: The Truth - first published in 1999; numerous academic articles and television/ film documentaries. I wrote the initial proposal for the Hillsborough Independent Panel and headed its research. The Panel was appointed by a Labour Government following Andy Burnham’s impassioned approach to Gordon Brown. He was supported by Merseyside MPs, not least Steve Rotheram.

The research was located in my university and I was principal author of the Panel’s 398 page, twelve chapter, report. On 12 September 2012 I delivered it to families and survivors in two extensive presentations, neither of which were filmed - nor were they recorded. David Cameron was then Prime Minister. It fell to him to make the now well documented double apology to families and survivors in the House of Commons. The families, their loved ones and the survivors were vindicated.

After the report’s publication, it was the High Court that quashed the accidental death inquest verdicts, ordering new inquests. As Home Secretary at the time, Theresa May had no option but to initiate a new criminal investigation and a full review by the Independent Police Complaints Commission. Four years on, these most expensive investigations in legal history, employing hundreds of full-time officers, have still to conclude.

Following a year of preliminary hearings, the longest-ever inquests ran for two full years, concluding in late April 2016. Their inception, process and outcome had nothing to do with Theresa May. The jury’s verdict was unequivocal. The 96 had been unlawfully killed, the authorities involved particularly the South Yorkshire Police were condemned in 25 severe criticisms. The fans, so long vilified in the media and by politicians, were vindicated.

Establishing the truth of Hillsborough, both in the Panel’s work and via the inquests, was the result of years of painstaking research and investigation. It was conducted often against the odds, in a climate hostile to the truth, bringing threats and disdain to those of us involved. No people know that better than the bereaved families, the survivors and all who have worked throughout to reverse the injustices of Hillsborough.
To witness a Prime Minister, her ego possibly inflated by extraordinary recent events in the United States, claiming that she ensured justice for families is, at best, delusional. At worst it is a culpable untruth, perhaps uttered in the heat of the moment, to gain traction at a time when her integrity already is under scrutiny.

Phil Scraton
1 February 2017
Phil Scraton is Professor Emeritus in the School of Law, Queen’s University Belfast
'Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for those who think differently' Rosa Luxemburg

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2017, 09:13:32 am »
The perfect response Phil. The sheer barefaced, shameless manipulation of the truth by those in power is something you must be sickeningly familiar with now - but even allowing for that, this was a particularity exasperating and opportunistic comment and something that couldn't be left unchecked. Thanks (again) for everything.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2017, 09:23:05 am »

This was the remarkable claim made by Prime Minister Theresa May in the House of Commons today. It is clear that we now live in a political climate where ‘truth’ no longer matters; where reality can be reconstructed to suit the selfish interests of those whose disingenuous claims become accepted facts simply because they are made.

I have researched and published on the injustices of Hillsborough for 27 years: two major reports; four editions of Hillsborough: The Truth - first published in 1999; numerous academic articles and television/ film documentaries. I wrote the initial proposal for the Hillsborough Independent Panel and headed its research. The Panel was appointed by a Labour Government following Andy Burnham’s impassioned approach to Gordon Brown. He was supported by Merseyside MPs, not least Steve Rotheram.

The research was located in my university and I was principal author of the Panel’s 398 page, twelve chapter, report. On 12 September 2012 I delivered it to families and survivors in two extensive presentations, neither of which were filmed - nor were they recorded. David Cameron was then Prime Minister. It fell to him to make the now well documented double apology to families and survivors in the House of Commons. The families, their loved ones and the survivors were vindicated.

After the report’s publication, it was the High Court that quashed the accidental death inquest verdicts, ordering new inquests. As Home Secretary at the time, Theresa May had no option but to initiate a new criminal investigation and a full review by the Independent Police Complaints Commission. Four years on, these most expensive investigations in legal history, employing hundreds of full-time officers, have still to conclude.

Following a year of preliminary hearings, the longest-ever inquests ran for two full years, concluding in late April 2016. Their inception, process and outcome had nothing to do with Theresa May. The jury’s verdict was unequivocal. The 96 had been unlawfully killed, the authorities involved particularly the South Yorkshire Police were condemned in 25 severe criticisms. The fans, so long vilified in the media and by politicians, were vindicated.

Establishing the truth of Hillsborough, both in the Panel’s work and via the inquests, was the result of years of painstaking research and investigation. It was conducted often against the odds, in a climate hostile to the truth, bringing threats and disdain to those of us involved. No people know that better than the bereaved families, the survivors and all who have worked throughout to reverse the injustices of Hillsborough.
To witness a Prime Minister, her ego possibly inflated by extraordinary recent events in the United States, claiming that she ensured justice for families is, at best, delusional. At worst it is a culpable untruth, perhaps uttered in the heat of the moment, to gain traction at a time when her integrity already is under scrutiny.

Phil Scraton
1 February 2017
Phil Scraton is Professor Emeritus in the School of Law, Queen’s University Belfast

Great response Phil
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #10 on: February 2, 2017, 09:26:00 am »
Words fail me, totally ignorant & totally arrogant. :butt

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/theresa-just-took-credit-hillsborough-12540176

"Theresa May just took credit for Hillsborough justice and people are FURIOUS"

As an aside,who is writing the Echo headlines these days..same awful style as clickbait PPI adverts etc

Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #11 on: February 2, 2017, 09:27:41 am »
"And I ensured justice for the families of Hillsborough". Prime Minister, House of Commons, 1 February 2017.

I see the Trump illness is contagious ...

she didnt fucking say that did she? my god!
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 2, 2017, 09:42:43 am »
Pure and utter filth. Using the 96 to score points. Congratulations you dirty rat
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2017, 09:49:01 am »
shame as kind of had some respect for Theresa certainly ovver some of her other Tory peers past and present.   But she has spectacularly scored an own goal here through her self importance and staggering short sightedness.

Insult to families and survivors and campaigners.   The good ol British Government eh? what would we do without them?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #14 on: February 2, 2017, 09:50:17 am »
truth no longer matter

...I, GBF, stopped world war 2 by myself
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #15 on: February 2, 2017, 09:54:16 am »
Despicable, but in today's weird and warped world, unsurprising.

Are there any refutations from the benches opposite?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2017, 09:59:17 am »
Well said Phil.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2017, 10:03:56 am »
In her mind she could have closed it all down at any time, so as far as she is concerned she did "ensure" justice.  Never mind that it would have been morally reprehensible to do so...  :butt

And what justice??  I don't see anybody in jail yet.  THAT will be fucking justice.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2017, 10:27:09 am »
The context was she was trying to bat away Corbyn with a list of her Government's achievements. Strangely enough economic suicide and the rise of racism did not make the final cut, so she was scraping the barrel.

Of course, on the positive side, when the CPS announce their charging decisions, and if they are not as thorough as we would like, we now have the perfect quote to throw back in her face.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 2, 2017, 12:18:24 pm »
Its a slur, another Slur, simple as that, She obviously did not consider where and to whom this would cause offense when she tried to score illegitimate points against the opposing party. Does she really think she or the tory pigs are eligible for, and deserving of positive recognition for any part what so ever in the families, securing justice?. She knows they deserve non, but as it had to  happen and could no longer be swept under the carpet when she was in office, she may as well disparage the Labour party with it. But her stupidity has only served to disparage the Families, survivors and campaigners.

Cow.

And nice post Proff S.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2017, 12:23:31 pm by red1977 »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 2, 2017, 12:38:38 pm »
Nothing surprises me about politicians any more.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 2, 2017, 01:46:04 pm »
tory c*nts
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Show Me The Exit

• Anny Roader
  • No Mané mo' problems.
« Reply #22 on: February 2, 2017, 02:10:01 pm »

Phil Scraton
1 February 2017

I wish there were emojis just for you.
 :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin
Mate, with all due respect, you are an absolute fucking fruit case -MOZ

Seriously mate - You post such utter fucking gash with such conviction it's quite spell binding. - Alan_X

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 2, 2017, 02:21:27 pm »
That's shocking. Well, in relative terms in today's world, it's apparently called 'Alternative Facts'.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #24 on: February 2, 2017, 03:31:10 pm »
Of course, on the positive side, when the CPS announce their charging decisions, and if they are not as thorough as we would like, we now have the perfect quote to throw back in her face.

I think another positive is that for the first time, there are conservatives actively wanting and being proud to side with the 96. That's something I genuinely doubted would ever happen. The very fact that a Tory Prime Minister is wanting to be seen as part of the fight for justice is surely better than her predecessors disgustingly odious comments about the "black cat that isn't there" (especially as he probably knew where the cat was and what it's name is).
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #25 on: February 2, 2017, 06:02:36 pm »
Brilliant response Phil.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 2, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »
Theresa may is a dickhead

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27 on: February 2, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »
Does this mean she has also personally ensured that the Orgreave campaigners have been denied justice.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28 on: February 2, 2017, 07:10:03 pm »
Really Theresa? Not like you fucking dogshite party were complicit in the cover up.

Justice? Are you personally ensuring all the 'establishment' involved that day are going to have a face a jury?

Get to fuck.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #29 on: February 2, 2017, 07:18:06 pm »
Is she also going to ensure that those responsible are prosecuted?

Thank you Phil and as others said above, a very fitting reply.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #30 on: February 2, 2017, 07:30:21 pm »
Fantastic reply Prof Scraton.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #31 on: February 2, 2017, 09:05:29 pm »
Screamed at the telly when I saw this exchange.  It is indeed very Trumpian - spout some more shite before anyone has a chance to pick you up on the last lot of shite you just delivered.

Apart from the Echo, I think only the Mirror picked up on it.

To dismantle these lies properly requires focus and attention to detail.  Sadly (and in stark contrast to the work of Prof Scraton and the Hillsborough campaigners), both our media and Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition seem to lack the appetite and aptitude to be able to do this in a consistent and sustained fashion.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: February 2, 2017, 09:34:50 pm »
Fake news from TM.

Both Labour and the Tories have nothing but shame on them for their part in the cover up.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #33 on: February 2, 2017, 09:35:43 pm »
Twatting c*nt

Fantastic response from Phil though.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: February 2, 2017, 09:36:35 pm »
At least some of the rags have ran it as a story - she should be fucking ashamed.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 2, 2017, 10:33:36 pm »
I despise the woman, spineless, grandstanding and incompetent. fuck off!

"Theresa May just took credit for Hillsborough justice and people are FURIOUS"

As an aside,who is writing the Echo headlines these days..same awful style as clickbait PPI adverts etc

Yeah, its turned into a shocking publication, headlines straight out of buzzfeed.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 2, 2017, 11:37:06 pm »
Fuck her the Attila the Hen wannabe. Nothing in her or her party's policies is about equality or justice.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #37 on: February 3, 2017, 07:48:00 am »
Couldn't believe it when i read it too,absolutely staggering.

Thanks Phil for everything.

* Can we edit Phil's status here to Rawk Legend or something fitting?
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 07:52:09 am by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #38 on: February 3, 2017, 08:22:43 am »
Theresa may is a dickhead
female prime minister being a dickhead especially over Hillsborough

there's a shock
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 3, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »
The PM's claim was despicable, devoid of dignity and bereft of honesty. It was an inappropriate opportunity to use such a highly emotive subject to point-score among a venal group, in an entire chamber that should be ashamed of itself over what the families & survivors went through.

It was a snide, covetous act conducted by person distanced from reality.

So, well done for that brilliant response Phil Scraton.