Poll

Who wins?

tubby
9 (52.9%)
Hazell
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: June 2, 2021, 01:38:11 pm

Author Topic: 10 Cap Split - tubby vs Hazell  (Read 961 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
10 Cap Split - tubby vs Hazell
« on: June 1, 2021, 01:38:11 pm »
Battling for Rose Melberg's love...

tubby

vs

Hazell

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: 10 Cap Split - tubby vs Hazell
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2021, 01:47:59 pm »
I'm stuck on this one.  Not going to vote until I do more research.  Cases (legit) could be made for both these teams...

I like Tubby's back 5 and I like Hazell's front four (4-2-4) - its an epic matchup.  Literally, have no idea who I would vote for at present.

Can one of you two talk me through the tactical battle?   

I am most curious as to how each of you think what would happen in terms of the effectiveness of Zambrotta and Marcelo in 3-5-2 against the outstanding 4 front from Hazell?  Does one of them stay home and not release?  And how would this inform the midfield battle? 

Second, if midfield numbers (overloads) for Team Tubby are affected by Hazell's 4 front (meaning one of Zambrotta or Marcelo stay home), how would Tubby compensate - in terms of creating offensive opportunities. 

This is a very interesting matchup.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2021, 01:56:54 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2021, 02:22:38 pm »
I'd concentrate more on Hazell's defence.  I love Rob Jones but he's in way above his head in this draft.  Montero just isn't a left back and Sammer was best as a sweeper, not in a flat back four.  Zambrotta will run Rivaldo all day.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2021, 02:35:45 pm »
I'd concentrate more on Hazell's defence.  I love Rob Jones but he's in way above his head in this draft.  Montero just isn't a left back and Sammer was best as a sweeper, not in a flat back four.  Zambrotta will run Rivaldo all day.

I am not concentrating on that part since I have already concluded you have a superior defense; the real question here is how would you use this superiority going forward translating to goals.  I love Laudrup, but the playmaking, final pass type stuff really relies upon on your wingbacks both getting forward --- so do you let your wingbacks surge forward and drop Brietner or Haan in keep the numbers even on the counter or do you send one fullback forward (alternating) but always having defensive (Pressure, cover and balance) against Hazell's superior attacking force?

If its gonna be a shoot-out; then I'd tend to side with Hazell because he has playmakers, finishers and a 4-2-4 that could cause your back three (with wing-backs caught forward) some problems.  If you can account for marking his best players and still have numbers getting forward, then I'd give the nod to you. 

I do not know what the current score is --- but this battle seems close.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2021, 02:41:08 pm »
Does Hazell having two players in unfamiliar positions not count for anything?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2021, 02:51:48 pm »

Can only assume Betty hasn’t seen this thread yet.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2021, 02:55:44 pm »
Can only assume Betty hasn’t seen this thread yet.

To be fair, I've got three centre halves who didn't really play in a flat back three much in their careers, so there's an argument against my team too.  But they're still centre halves.  Sammer was 100% a sweeper or a defensive midfielder, and Montero just wasn't a left back.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2021, 03:12:57 pm »

Sammer does not bother me much (considering it is realm of being a central defender) - DM/Sweeper or CB - have enough similarity of function that, it is not enough to call it out of position for me.   Montero is another case altogether, though and this is a good point to bring up to support your team Tubbs.  However, I see both of these issues as tertiary points influencing things at the end of analysis but not overriding the central, most basic tactical analysis of how the teams would play against each other.

Maybe Hazell can illuminate this battle for me, as I do not seem to be getting an answer to my basic question - how would your defense rotate to cover a 4-2-4?   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2021, 03:21:02 pm »
Sammer does not bother me much (considering it is realm of being a central defender) - DM/Sweeper or CB - have enough similarity of function that, it is not enough to call it out of position for me.   Montero is another case altogether, though and this is a good point to bring up to support your team Tubbs.  However, I see both of these issues as tertiary points influencing things at the end of analysis but not overriding the central, most basic tactical analysis of how the teams would play against each other.

Maybe Hazell can illuminate this battle for me, as I do not seem to be getting an answer to my basic question - how would your defense rotate to cover a 4-2-4?   

Both wing backs push up, call his bluff.  Rivaldo isn't tracking back.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2021, 03:24:20 pm »
I'd say its as close as can be expected. No stand out weak links in either team, no-one ridiculously out of position. I just think Hazell shades it with that immense attack and Vieira/Redondo as the midfield.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2021, 03:25:15 pm »
Both wing backs push up, call his bluff.  Rivaldo isn't tracking back.

Haha, fair enough.   

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 1, 2021, 07:48:27 pm »
I'll be honest, I didn't have a great deal of tactical thought when I was picking my team. Rivaldo was my last pick because I wanted somebody else more suited on the left but they got picked. When I thought who else I could pick, it was either a so-so player or Rivaldo. It's not his ideal position but I was fine with that, he can and has played there and it was suited that I have Montero there who won't be caught upfield like more attacking fullback because yes, Rivaldo is absolutely not going to track back. Again, Montero played CB but also could also play left back and was solid there (don't ask me to find a match, I'm going off memory). Generally I don't see an issue with playing players in different positions to what they're famous for, even though they've done so before.

I do like Tubby's team, his defence in particular is terrific and he's got two brilliant fullbacks, perfectly suited to the system he's playing. Always loved Laudrup as well, was disappointed not to get him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 1, 2021, 07:48:53 pm »

Did Hansen play much in a back 3?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2021, 12:02:55 am »
Did Hansen play much in a back 3?

Occasionally at the likes of Wimbledon away when we’d sometimes sacrifice Beardsley for an extra defender (Alec Watson, brother of Dave!).

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 2, 2021, 06:59:57 am »
Occasionally at the likes of Wimbledon away when we’d sometimes sacrifice Beardsley for an extra defender (Alec Watson, brother of Dave!).

So he played there but not very often. Interesting, thanks.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15 on: June 2, 2021, 07:18:46 am »
So he played there but not very often. Interesting, thanks.

I believe Tubby has addressed that.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 2, 2021, 07:37:38 am »
I believe Tubby has addressed that.

So he has, I'm still not convinced :P

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: June 2, 2021, 12:24:45 pm »
Eugh.  Someone break this tie please.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2021, 12:29:49 pm »
Pens it is :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #19 on: June 2, 2021, 12:49:31 pm »
Anymore votes?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20 on: June 2, 2021, 01:03:43 pm »
No pens, I'll just put Hazell through.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21 on: June 2, 2021, 01:38:27 pm »
At the death!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #22 on: June 2, 2021, 01:41:10 pm »
Knew getting my girlfriend to sign up would pay off eventually.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 2, 2021, 06:03:14 pm »
Well done Tubbs, Values obviously popping up with a last minute header to win it.