Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1736483 times)

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11640 on: July 22, 2020, 08:40:17 pm »
What added to the emotion today was of course us lifting number nineteen and had a pint with me Dah and me nephew earlier in town. We went the Shankly Hotel as our kids plaque is there so had a little word with him. I leave them and bump into a lad who I met at our kids funeral . He told us that he would not be alive if it wasn't for our Alan ( HJC stuff ) so had a pint with him and his mates . Gets to the park by ours and me Mah sends me that link.

Mad day .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11641 on: July 23, 2020, 11:41:29 am »
The first game back at full capacity with all our fans, young, old, vulnerable or not with no need for masks, extra precautions or general virus anxiety will be incredible. Fingers crossed this is sooner rather than later. Forza Oxford vaccine nerds.
YNWA.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #11642 on: July 23, 2020, 12:29:24 pm »
What a night to get this clip of Dave Kirby's new film .

https://www.number19film.com/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=all%20platforms&utm_campaign=core%20team

I cried .. yes I actually cried watching it.
Brilliant stuff :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11643 on: July 23, 2020, 06:50:07 pm »

https://www.number19film.com/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=all%20platforms&utm_campaign=core%20team

I seemed to have an issue with dust in my eye, too, when I watched that clip.

Lovely stuff. Great scarf.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11644 on: July 24, 2020, 01:36:33 pm »
Cheers . It's 56 years old . Kinell that impressive.

She's made scarfs to commemorate this season too. Shes selling some and has gave some to charities , foodbanks etc to raffle. The mad thing about it all Dave didnt know she was our Alan's mum until they met last week . Dave and our kid were friends and he was chuffed to find this out.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:40:11 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #11645 on: July 24, 2020, 02:46:22 pm »

That's fantastic, it really is.

Happy for you and your mum, Kesey. Brilliant. Love the scarf too.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11646 on: July 24, 2020, 03:10:53 pm »
That's fantastic, it really is.

Happy for you and your mum, Kesey. Brilliant. Love the scarf too.

Cheers.

Still don't know if the video is the whole short film or just a trailer. Time to phone Mama.

Edit.

Its the whole short film.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:15:11 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Tide turners
« Reply #11647 on: August 29, 2020, 07:58:33 am »
Was at the gym watching a re run of the 3-3 against Utd. It struck me then exactly when it is that the Koop and Anfield crowd become the twelfth man. It is when the tide turns. So many of our big atmospheres have been when LFC are down and may be out.
That night the Kop went made when Clough scored the first on the come back.
They urged the team on despite being two goals down and believed. I
When he scored the second someone lit a flare. Pyro at 3-2 down. Where else would you see that?
When Ruddock made it 3-3 everyone went mental.
So, my conclusion is after watching that, thinking of Barcelona, Dortmund etc that we really become the twelfth man when we see the tide turn in our favour, regardless of the score.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Tide turners
« Reply #11648 on: August 29, 2020, 08:19:31 am »
“Clough hands The Kop some hope.”

Doesn’t happen now because we’re so good but even in the 90s a few times we’d go 2 down early and you’d get a sense that we’d come back and win and it was inexplicable, but you just knew it could happen and it often did. It meant you also felt cheated the times we’d just go on to lose to a bang average side though!

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #11649 on: September 13, 2020, 07:47:33 am »
Major factor and I think the team will struggle a lot without the fans. This team runs on emotion 

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #11650 on: September 13, 2020, 08:44:15 am »
The Van Dijk goal was completely bizarre. No one knew it was in for about 3 seconds and there was no automated crowd noise when the goal was given. Just felt lifeless.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #11651 on: September 13, 2020, 09:01:29 am »
The Van Dijk goal was completely bizarre. No one knew it was in for about 3 seconds and there was no automated crowd noise when the goal was given. Just felt lifeless.
He would’ve got a shout from the Kop under normal circumstances and probably not tried that blind pass.
Edit: sorry just realised you meant the one he scored rather than his error.

Major factor and I think the team will struggle a lot without the fans. This team runs on emotion 
Unfortunately I think you might be right there. There will be times when the Anfield roar will be missed. The only positive is the flip side of that when we’re away and the opposition have got their tails up. Happens much less nowadays, but we can all remember times in previous seasons when the team looked a bit flustered away from home. And at places like Molineux or Elland Road those moments of panic should be easier to get under control without the home crowd baying for blood.

I guess what I’m saying is it’s the same for every team. But no doubt we’ll miss Anfield being full and rocking. Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0 doesn’t happen in an empty stadium for instance.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:04:26 am by Red_Mist »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11652 on: September 13, 2020, 10:27:00 am »
I guess what I’m saying is it’s the same for every team. But no doubt we’ll miss Anfield being full and rocking. Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0 doesn’t happen in an empty stadium for instance.

We'll need crowds back for the European knockouts (whether realistic or not). On the other hand it works the other way as we've struggled away in Europe. Would we have lost at Atleti at an empty stadium last season? Would we have lost those games at Napoli or at Red Star Belgrade. These are clubs who are very atmosphere focused with their own stadiums in raising their game.

Ironically I think it would have actually helped us in previous years. The Anfield crowd for years was often counter productive in the league. Fans would be gasping when the goalkeeper had the ball at his feet if an attacker was within 20 yards, the moaning when we didn't get the ball forward quick enough, the groans at every missed placed pass. Players have wilted playing at Anfield with the expectation and weight of the shirt. Klopp has turned that around and calmed the crowd a lot while vastly improving the atmosphere. And now we've got the monkey finally off our backs with the title which would have helped further.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11653 on: September 13, 2020, 10:32:57 am »
It was weird wasn't it, I thought it hadn't even gone in due to the lack of reaction. It's not helped by Martin Tyler acting like Virgil just murdered his new kitten.

Think we've fucked off the Blur goal music though which is a positive.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11654 on: September 13, 2020, 10:43:41 am »

Ironically I think it would have actually helped us in previous years. The Anfield crowd for years was often counter productive in the league. Fans would be gasping when the goalkeeper had the ball at his feet if an attacker was within 20 yards, the moaning when we didn't get the ball forward quick enough, the groans at every missed placed pass. Players have wilted playing at Anfield with the expectation and weight of the shirt. Klopp has turned that around and calmed the crowd a lot while vastly improving the atmosphere. And now we've got the monkey finally off our backs with the title which would have helped further.

I am so curious to know how you behave when watching Liverpool.

For many years now you’ve been telling us the team isn’t good enough, nor the individual players. Now it seems the Anfield crowd isn’t either.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11655 on: September 13, 2020, 11:11:01 am »
I am so curious to know how you behave when watching Liverpool.

For many years now you’ve been telling us the team isn’t good enough, nor the individual players. Now it seems the Anfield crowd isn’t either.

The Anfield crowd has been great since just after Klopp arrived, but if you remember the first game against Palace where we lost and half of them had walked out well before the end and Klopp remarked on it and said how bad the mood was in those early days. It's been transformed since then through Klopp, as he knew his first challenge was to get the crowd back with the players. Now the players have to adapt without the crowd there.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11656 on: September 13, 2020, 11:11:03 am »
It was weird wasn't it, I thought it hadn't even gone in due to the lack of reaction. It's not helped by Martin Tyler acting like Virgil just murdered his new kitten.

Sadly not. It was played after at least one of our goals yesterday. The first penalty maybe? Could even have been all of them but definitely at least 1.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11657 on: September 13, 2020, 11:43:15 am »
The goal music is proper wool, didn't hear it on Sky but watching MOTD later I heard it after the goals.

Sooner we're back in the better. Obviously goes without saying safety is important but I pray there can be some form of return soon, even if it begins at 25% capacity.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11658 on: September 13, 2020, 11:48:21 am »
Sadly not. It was played after at least one of our goals yesterday. The first penalty maybe? Could even have been all of them but definitely at least 1.
Ah bugger, I'd turned my volume down to get rid of the comms and missed it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11659 on: September 13, 2020, 12:04:34 pm »
No to mention them playing YNWA in the first five minutes of the game. I enjoy the piped sound generally while watching football but may ditch it watching the Reds.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #11660 on: September 13, 2020, 12:13:34 pm »

Yeah I deffo heard it. Sigh! It needs to do one

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #11661 on: September 13, 2020, 03:19:44 pm »
Massive shame not to have had fans in the stadium for a match like yesterdays. First game of the season after a 30 year title drought, Liverpool-Leeds, 7 goal thriller. Would have been a cracking atmosphere. Covid can do one.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #11662 on: September 13, 2020, 03:21:49 pm »
Massive shame not to have had fans in the stadium for a match like yesterdays. First game of the season after a 30 year title drought, Liverpool-Leeds, 7 goal thriller. Would have been a cracking atmosphere. Covid can do one.

Fans on both sides would've gone crazy - so sad
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11663 on: September 13, 2020, 03:43:41 pm »
No to mention them playing YNWA in the first five minutes of the game. I enjoy the piped sound generally while watching football but may ditch it watching the Reds.
It was on repeat through the game, every few minutes - just like the earlier editions of FIFA. Those editions sometimes had the crowd singing “Sing on” instead of YNWA if I recall, which is just bizarre. I’m sure they’re using FIFA audio for the artificial crowds this season.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #11664 on: September 13, 2020, 07:22:07 pm »
I thought I was less passionate after the covid restart because the league was a foregone conclusion, but yesterday confirmed it's just not the same at all. Football should be a bunch of lads playing for their fans, this was just 22 blokes having a kick around for a lot of money.

Sure I cheered when we scored but if you told me now that they were gonna pause it all until the fans can come back, I'd be over the fucking moon. A friend of mine said "but some football is better than no football?" and its a valid point, but I worry the damage will be irreversable.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11665 on: September 13, 2020, 09:02:29 pm »
They need to get rid of the after goal music as soon as possible.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11666 on: September 13, 2020, 09:06:16 pm »
They need to get rid of the after goal music as soon as possible.

Woo hooo!
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #11667 on: September 14, 2020, 03:02:33 am »
I thought I was less passionate after the covid restart because the league was a foregone conclusion, but yesterday confirmed it's just not the same at all. Football should be a bunch of lads playing for their fans, this was just 22 blokes having a kick around for a lot of money.

Sure I cheered when we scored but if you told me now that they were gonna pause it all until the fans can come back, I'd be over the fucking moon. A friend of mine said "but some football is better than no football?" and its a valid point, but I worry the damage will be irreversable.
I get what you mean but unfortunately there’s no ‘switch’ which guarantees fans will definitely be allowed back in grounds on xx date and there’s also the issue of the football calendar which is already overloaded as it is.

I agree that I could have waited until October / November if fans could go back but some football is definitely a lot better than no football at all.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11668 on: September 14, 2020, 10:42:58 am »
So let me get this right.

There were no crowd in the ground, and people are still complaining about the atmosphere?

Who'd a thunk it.  :odd

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #11669 on: September 14, 2020, 10:51:14 am »

What's so wrong with Blur?

Yes, it is a bit cringeworthy, a bit rugby league, but there's not a lot of atmosphere in the ground otherwise.  And the song isn't that bad?  It's a nice easy bass line to learn  ;)

It's the fake crowd noise that really gets my goat... don't get me going on that.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11670 on: September 14, 2020, 11:36:39 am »
What's so wrong with Blur?

Yes, it is a bit cringeworthy, a bit rugby league, but there's not a lot of atmosphere in the ground otherwise.  And the song isn't that bad?  It's a nice easy bass line to learn  ;)

It's the fake crowd noise that really gets my goat... don't get me going on that.

Nothing at all wrong with Blur, I love them, I just hate goal music, especially when it's noticeably several seconds too late being played every time!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11671 on: September 14, 2020, 11:41:27 am »
Thought the crowd was great - klopp waving and yelling at them to make more noise at 3-3 was annoying though. You'd think they'd know by now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11672 on: September 14, 2020, 11:44:37 am »
Thought the crowd was great - klopp waving and yelling at them to make more noise at 3-3 was annoying though. You'd think they'd know by now.

Looked like loads left before FT as well, hope they missed our winner, the shithouses.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #11673 on: September 14, 2020, 12:33:37 pm »
Was in the lower Kemlyn on Saturday, as usual no noise from the stiffs.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #11674 on: September 14, 2020, 12:52:38 pm »
Looked like loads left before FT as well, hope they missed our winner, the shithouses.

:wellin

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11675 on: September 15, 2020, 12:44:18 pm »
Just watched Inside Anfield and couldn't hear Song 2 on any of the goals but maybe they edited it out as they know we don't like it! ;D

They didn't have any action except on the pitch, I assume this is due to Covid rules not letting them behind the scenes? Also, it didn't sound like George doing the goal announcements, is he not working through Covid maybe? Hope he's OK, it didn't sound right without him.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11676 on: September 15, 2020, 01:27:12 pm »
Just watched Inside Anfield and couldn't hear Song 2 on any of the goals but maybe they edited it out as they know we don't like it! ;D

They didn't have any action except on the pitch, I assume this is due to Covid rules not letting them behind the scenes? Also, it didn't sound like George doing the goal announcements, is he not working through Covid maybe? Hope he's OK, it didn't sound right without him.

I didn’t hear the Music either

Wonder if it’s in the TV feed rather than in the ground?

Don’t think George did end of last year either. Presumably Covid restrictions

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #11677 on: September 15, 2020, 01:41:29 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1C15kd58QfE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1C15kd58QfE</a>
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11678 on: September 15, 2020, 02:23:35 pm »
Maybe the players chose the song. Like the awful Coldplay trophy lift song choice :butt

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11679 on: September 15, 2020, 02:34:55 pm »
I think it was reported that the players asked for goal music so they may well have had a selection of approved songs to choose from! But that would mean it would have to be in the ground for them to hear it, not on the TV feed.