Author Topic: Klopp charged by FA for comments about ref in WHU match  (Read 6882 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
Re: Klopp charged by FA for comments about ref in WHU match
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 08:13:38 pm »
Charged for being honest.

Whatever

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:30:42 pm »
It was always coming.

The way FA and especially the Referee Association operate is utterly medieval.
Participants in the same bloody sports, men who live and breathe football are not allowed to discuss referees.
Referees aren't being reviewed in public, they don't have to explain themselves to anyone - ever.
If they absolutely shit the bed - worse that could happen is one weekend in Championship and back you go as you were.

Breeding ground for mediocrity - which is exactly what we are getting.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 08:33:08 pm »
Really boils my piss, that referees don't have to justify their actions, but managers are expected to offer their opinions in the heat of the moment, right after a game - and will get roasted by the FA for offering just criticism. 

After all these years you're still not allowed to call a shit ref out for what he is - a shit ref.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 08:36:08 pm »
Really boils my piss, that referees don't have to justify their actions, but managers are expected to offer their opinions in the heat of the moment, right after a game - and will get roasted by the FA for offering just criticism. 

After all these years you're still not allowed to call a shit ref out for what he is - a shit ref.

Can you not call them or for their incompetence? Which rule would that be breaking?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:36:11 pm »

He was quite restrained as well, I think he has tried really hard to stay in control of himself. Just a really stupid move by the FA who are way over protective of the really bad referees.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:44:16 pm »
If they can have the hearing with the referee in question present, and the video evidence, so Klopp can highlight a certain incident and ask the ref what the fuck was going through his head when he made his decision, I might be a little more comfortable with stuff like this.  As things stand though, it's an open and shut case: bad things said about referee, torch manager immediately.  No question at all over whether what was said has any merit at all.  Criticism of any sort is just plain forbidden.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:50:43 pm »
Any chance he'll get a touchline ban?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 09:17:32 pm »
Any chance he'll get a touchline ban?

Very very unlikely

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 09:28:46 pm »
If they want managers to speak to the media moments after matches, particularly when the stakes are high, then they should show some leniency when honest opinions are shared. Otherwise, what's the point?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 09:29:55 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 10:21:57 pm »
Meh
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:27:52 pm »
turn the question on the TV interviewer i think:

'oh you want my opinion about an incident?  Of course the FA rules mean that i can't comment on a referee's decision so perhaps you should petition the FA to enable me to speak freely.  Next question..'
Believer

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 10:29:01 pm »
Meh

Exactly. Not sure why anybody gives a shit.

Standard procedures all around

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 02:37:30 am »
What big decisions went against us that day?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:04 am »

Not that many to be honest, if anything we're extremely fortunate to come away with anything as we scored as clear an offside goal as you'll see all season long. I think it was just Klopp reaching his tipping point to be honest as decisions had gone against us in the previous matches, most notably Leicester where we were denied  a stonewall penalty that may have cost us two points.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 03:48:57 am »
If they can have the hearing with the referee in question present, and the video evidence, so Klopp can highlight a certain incident and ask the ref what the fuck was going through his head when he made his decision, I might be a little more comfortable with stuff like this.  As things stand though, it's an open and shut case: bad things said about referee, torch manager immediately.  No question at all over whether what was said has any merit at all.  Criticism of any sort is just plain forbidden.

In my view, this is broadly would should happen a couple of days after the game as a matter of course. With a neutral  performance manager overseeing the meeting, the club managers and the referee team get together (or separate meetings for each club) and analyse with video what went right and what went wrong. The referee is then allocated a grade and performance managed if necessary.

Then all the manager needs to do for the press straight after the game is say "I'll be discussing that in camera in the next couple of days." Moreover, I think respect for referees would increase.

I'm also sure you would see a rapid improvement in decision making.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 04:44:06 am »
In my view, this is broadly would should happen a couple of days after the game as a matter of course. With a neutral  performance manager overseeing the meeting, the club managers and the referee team get together (or separate meetings for each club) and analyse with video what went right and what went wrong. The referee is then allocated a grade and performance managed if necessary.

Then all the manager needs to do for the press straight after the game is say "I'll be discussing that in camera in the next couple of days." Moreover, I think respect for referees would increase.

I'm also sure you would see a rapid improvement in decision making.

Referees do analyse their own matches within the 'select group' of referees to review and improve performance. 

I don't really see what the benefit of having a manager present would do to improve that process?  They will know themselves from reviewing the match tape the errors they made and I'd imagine most managers wouldn't even care to show up because it's not like they're changing the outcome of a game.

It's quite logical why the league has a zero tolerance policy on criticising referees.  Much easier to monitor manager/player comments for zero criticism than to try to pick through what is slight, moderate to overt criticism. 

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 05:46:38 am »
All those provocative questions managers are expected to answer about controversial decisions should be aimed at the refs.
They should interview the ref after every game.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 06:32:50 am »
Can you not call them or for their incompetence? Which rule would that be breaking?
Yes, you absolutely can. What you can't do is insinuate bias which, to be fair, Klopp clearly has done, albeit not in a malicious way.
Very very unlikely
Yeah, I can't imagine it'll go that far, that would be very harsh. Probably a fine.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 06:37:22 am »
It's quite logical why the league has a zero tolerance policy on criticising referees. 
They don't. You're allowed to say the ref had a bad game, what you're not allowed to do is suggest that he favoured or favours one team over the other. It's suggesting bias that's the problem, not calling out shit decisions/performance which is a reasonable rule, I think. Just a shame that everything else about how referees are picked, trained and reviewed is opaque and, frankly, dubious as fuck.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 07:06:16 am »
The refereeing in the EPL is at an all time low. The sheer amount of wtf decisions and inconsistency means teams don't know where they stand.
 They aren't screening refs with manc backgrounds from reffing our games, but that aside - overall, I've watched quite a few other teams games this season and can't remember a time with such crappy refs and there is no culpibility whatsoever.

'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 07:41:07 am »
Not that many to be honest, if anything we're extremely fortunate to come away with anything as we scored as clear an offside goal as you'll see all season long. I think it was just Klopp reaching his tipping point to be honest as decisions had gone against us in the previous matches, most notably Leicester where we were denied  a stonewall penalty that may have cost us two points.

You see that is what I thought but figured I would be remembering wrong. We benefited from the worst offside decisions of the season and should have won with another offside goal

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 07:47:02 am »
To me its less about actual decisions but the way a game gets refereed now. The ref obviously made a mistake with the goal but it felt like afterwards that nothing would actually go our way. It often happens when ref's realise they make a mistake, it feels as if they will ignore genuine fouls afterwards, as if trying to make up for the initial mistake. Making a mistake is natural not all decisions are easy to see such as the first goal last Saturday. But with some refs you just get the feeling they try and go the other way afterwards, as if they can't deal with the pressure of the first mistake.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 08:06:51 am »

Not many big decisions, but plenty of little ones that potentially could've led to something.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 08:06:53 am »
FA can feck off.
Believer

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 08:50:23 am »
You're allowed to say the ref had a bad game, what you're not allowed to do is suggest that he favoured or favours one team over the other.

If I am the manager of a team that lost because of a questionable penalty or dubious free kick, and I come out and said that the referee probably had a bad game, the FA will surely view it as saying that the referee had a bias.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2019, 08:55:33 am »
Could have chosen any number of matches to have a go at officials really....standard procedure in terms of punishment tho so not fussed about it to be honest

The growing masses trying to claim we have some sort of bias or get away with everything will look past this tho. Because we had an offside goal in that game.
Was funny for example when I saw a tweet on Dwight Gayle being penalised for diving.....soooooo many comments from all fans about Salah doing it all season etc.  ;D

Son who has been booked for diving is a media darling however.

Its all a bit weird. And of course we cant challenge anything being thrown at us otherwise its some kind of "victim" behaviour...so snookered really. But then again.....we dont have to give a shit so fuck em, carry on being outraged you pathetic twats

As for the refs, any kind of influence on their future officiating this all has is where I get annoyed. Because they do get influenced and it does effect us. We just need to ride out this current wave and let our football do the talking so that it doesn't matter as much
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 09:11:09 am »
I say forget it, stop talking about it, dry your eyes and move on. He'll take the fine and it won't get a second more's thought for Klopp I'm sure.
At the end of the day rightly or wrongly you can't say that about a ref, its the rules whether we like it or not.
Its a non story, no one has it in for us, we have more important things to concentrate on

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 09:11:31 am »
The refereeing in the EPL is at an all time low. The sheer amount of wtf decisions and inconsistency means teams don't know where they stand.
 They aren't screening refs with manc backgrounds from reffing our games, but that aside - overall, I've watched quite a few other teams games this season and can't remember a time with such crappy refs and there is no culpibility whatsoever.

If we can get a manc referee even in a game against a manc team why don't we ever get referees from Liverpool ref our games or manc games? Or do we?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 09:16:10 am »
Absolutely worth the fine if it means we don't get Friend again this season. Consistently been one of the poorest referees in the league for close to a decade now. Never gives us a sniff of a decision in games.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 09:50:44 am »
FA and the referees are incompetent as fuck.

Fuck them all.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:09 am »
This idea that refs are biased against us or somehow want us to lose the league, I'm not buying it at all. Every single team in the league believe that ref's are against them because only the bad decisions get highlighted. 
They might be poor ref's out there, there may be a lot of mistakes, whether or not VAR is the answer is another debate, but theres no conspiracy. I don't think they sit round in a dark room agreeing to f**k us over.
I don't live in Liverpool so unfortunately I have to interact with lots of fans from different teams, but Utd fans say refs hate them, so do City fans, Chelsea fans,  Arsenal fans and the 2 strange looking fuckers with the missing teeth, they're Everton fans
It's rubbish, in my opinion only like.  People believe that is the case, fair enough, not for me

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 10:33:12 am »
Not many big decisions, but plenty of little ones that potentially could've led to something.

Are we saying that Ogbonna's handball when blocking Lallana's (I think) cross wasn't a pen in that game? He wasnt that close to the ball, and although his hand was from behind, clearly it wasnt tucked to his back.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 11:18:01 am »
A joke, but it was always going to happen because PGMOL and by extension the FA are utterly incapable of taking any criticism on board when it comes to refereeing decisions or performances. They are even less inclined to explain anything they or their referees do (or don't do).

Look at Atkinson - he was absolutely dreadful in our match vs Leicester, then a few days later he's refereeing City v Arsenal, arguably the "biggest" game of the round from a neutral perspective, like nothing happened. Then he puts in a crap performance in that match as well, and again nothing is said or done.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 11:34:28 am »
Absolutely worth the fine if it means we don't get Friend again this season. Consistently been one of the poorest referees in the league for close to a decade now. Never gives us a sniff of a decision in games.

Absolutely - my heart sinks when I see that he is the ref in any of our games.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 11:56:28 am »
Unacceptable. Get rid of him
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:20 pm »
Unacceptable. Get rid of him

I agree! The very epitome of Kopite behaviour - what would Moral Highground FC think?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 04:30:00 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 04:34:09 pm »
The FA are pathetic. ::)