Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065046 times)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #14160 on: June 30, 2020, 06:45:44 pm »
I hate what Bayern has done to the Bundesliga, but they are absolutely amazing when it comes to finding extremely good players on a bargain. One of the best run clubs ever.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #14161 on: June 30, 2020, 06:48:37 pm »
Post-Covid, coming off a serious knee injury and just one year left on his contract. City will be disappointed they didn’t get the 100 million they might have gotten last summer, but considering the circumstances it’s still very good money.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14162 on: June 30, 2020, 06:55:34 pm »
Sane and Davies - scary combo. Two of the fastest players I can think of when running with the ball.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14163 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:50 pm »
Were City and Bayern Munich in serious negotiations last summer?

If so, Guardiola's decision to play Sane in the Community Shield was a pretty costly one.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14164 on: June 30, 2020, 07:41:24 pm »
Were City and Bayern Munich in serious negotiations last summer?

If so, Guardiola's decision to play Sane in the Community Shield was a pretty costly one.

yeah they where apparently, and that decision certainly irked Bayern Munich it seems.  And at the time it seemed a rather selfish decision to play him. Still worked out well in the end, so long as Sane is fine after the injury, it’s a great deal, they get him his prime years.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14165 on: June 30, 2020, 07:52:24 pm »
Hopefully, they take Havertz as well they are building a scary team! and also weakening our rivals and competing for the same targets so yeah thanks Bayern  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14166 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:10 pm »
First choice XI is probably going to be Neuer, Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies, Kimmich, Goretzka, Muller, Sane, Gnabry and Lewandowski. Absolutely disgusting to be honest.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14167 on: June 30, 2020, 08:18:59 pm »
Which centre back is likely to go with Alaba seemingly moving there full time and kouassi coming in, Hernandez?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14168 on: June 30, 2020, 08:24:00 pm »
Which centre back is likely to go with Alaba seemingly moving there full time and kouassi coming in, Hernandez?
Wasn't Boateng heavily linked with other clubs last summer? Hernandez is still fairly recent signing and I think he's really good.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14169 on: June 30, 2020, 08:24:37 pm »
Flick doesn't seem particularly keen to play him to say he's their record signing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14170 on: June 30, 2020, 08:30:49 pm »
Lucas Hernandez has already been linked with moves away.

Nik Sule should be back, he was their main man back there before his bad injury.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14171 on: June 30, 2020, 08:36:40 pm »
I would personally love Hernandez here. What was his problem at Bayern? Bad form?

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14172 on: June 30, 2020, 08:37:04 pm »
First choice XI is probably going to be Neuer, Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies, Kimmich, Goretzka, Muller, Sane, Gnabry and Lewandowski. Absolutely disgusting to be honest.
With Flick as manager which makes its even more scarier

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14173 on: June 30, 2020, 08:39:50 pm »
I would personally love Hernandez here. What was his problem at Bayern? Bad form?

Allegedly not settled, or his missus hasn’t. But he’s a crock too, and has been injured, so that won't help!

I can’t stand him, but this is from brief viewings of him as a Simeone player, all he did was dive around and cry like he’d been shot every time someone was within a foot of him. Absolute twat. 

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14174 on: June 30, 2020, 08:42:06 pm »
Allegedly not settled, or his missus hasn’t. But he’s a crock too, and has been injured, so that won't help!

I can’t stand him, but this is from brief viewings of him as a Simeone player, all he did was dive around and cry like he’d been shot every time someone was within a foot of him. Absolute twat.
Maybe, but his stats were ridiculous. I guess it would be a loan deal or Bayern would take a massive loss here.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14175 on: July 1, 2020, 01:50:36 am »
Maybe, but his stats were ridiculous. I guess it would be a loan deal or Bayern would take a massive loss here.

do you think he was helped considerably from being on a Simeone team?

I didn’t see much of him at Bayern, as I don’t watch them a lot, but he didn’t really stand out the couple times I did.  Hansi Flick hasn't taken to him at all. 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14176 on: July 1, 2020, 01:57:17 am »

Thiago when fit gets into that side. Their biggest weakness is Boateng who is way past it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14177 on: July 1, 2020, 02:33:20 am »
Thiago when fit gets into that side. Their biggest weakness is Boateng who is way past it.

Sule gets into their best 11, and should be back ready for next season.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14178 on: July 1, 2020, 08:03:55 am »
do you think he was helped considerably from being on a Simeone team?
Perhaps. It's always difficult to judge a center half (even Mustafi looked at one point) but Hernandez looked really good, especially considering his age.

Meanwhile, Christian Falk with some interesting quotes from Rummenigge:
Bayern-CEO Rummenigge reveals that @FCBayern was often interested in Jürgen Klopp: „Whenever we were looking for a coach, he was under contract" @SPORTBILD @LFC
https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1278200335937482752?s=20

Can't see him in Bayern. I bet it would really offend them if the biggest German coach probably ever wouldn't coach them. I actually think he would retire at 2024

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14179 on: July 1, 2020, 11:33:37 am »
Post-Covid, coming off a serious knee injury and just one year left on his contract. City will be disappointed they didn’t get the 100 million they might have gotten last summer, but considering the circumstances it’s still very good money.

Yeah, I'd agree. 1 suitor and would have left for nothing. I think Bayern could have got him for less. The question becomes is that fee in euros or pounds. Times seems to think it's £55m (that's probably including add-ons). German media are saying under €50m. The latter sees a better reflection of the COVID market

Hopefully, they take Havertz as well they are building a scary team! and also weakening our rivals and competing for the same targets so yeah thanks Bayern  ;D

This will probably be Bayern's only big purchase. I think they've already stated they wouldn't move for Havertz this summer
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 11:35:38 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14180 on: July 1, 2020, 11:43:15 am »
Perhaps. It's always difficult to judge a center half (even Mustafi looked at one point) but Hernandez looked really good, especially considering his age.

Meanwhile, Christian Falk with some interesting quotes from Rummenigge:https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1278200335937482752?s=20

Can't see him in Bayern. I bet it would really offend them if the biggest German coach probably ever wouldn't coach them. I actually think he would retire at 2024

I can’t see it now either.  But he would have gone there before. And he did interview with them in 2008, same time as HSV turned him down for various mad reasons. Bayern decided to go with Klinsmann cos they thought they needed a higher profile name, rather than a coach from 2nd division Mainz.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14181 on: July 1, 2020, 12:33:35 pm »
I can’t see it now either.  But he would have gone there before. And he did interview with them in 2008, same time as HSV turned him down for various mad reasons. Bayern decided to go with Klinsmann cos they thought they needed a higher profile name, rather than a coach from 2nd division Mainz.

Laugh uproariously about that every time the subject comes up... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14182 on: July 1, 2020, 12:52:46 pm »
1. Is HSV the club that rejected him because he came to the interview with ripped jeans?

2. Worked out for the best. Klopp and Dortmund were perfect for each other. I feel like Bayern wouldn't excite him. Winning the league with Dortmund and Liverpool was the result of a long journey. With Bayern, it's just something that happens.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14183 on: July 1, 2020, 12:56:00 pm »
1. Is HSV the club that rejected him because he came to the interview with ripped jeans?

2. Worked out for the best. Klopp and Dortmund were perfect for each other. I feel like Bayern wouldn't excite him. Winning the league with Dortmund and Liverpool was the result of a long journey. With Bayern, it's just something that happens.

yeah it did work out for the best! BVB was the perfect club for him, and he for them too.

And yes HSV where the infamous ‘ripped jeans refusers’  :P Although it wasn’t that he turned up for an interview dressed like that. It was that they’d been scouting him for a while and had seen how he dressed, they also didn't like that he smoked, they didn’t really like that the players called him by his nickname - Kloppo, they also claimed that they’d seen him turn up late for training. That accusation infuriated him, as it wan’t true, he is an absolute stickler for punctuality - no surprise!

So yeah, HSV got it horribly wrong, but it turned out for the best for him and Dortmund and then us!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14184 on: July 1, 2020, 01:03:19 pm »
They've announced Kouassi too

#MEI8TER@FCBayern
#FCBayern verpflichtet Tanguy Nianzou Kouassi - Neuzugang erhält Vertrag bis 2024. #ServusTanguy
https://fcbayern.com/m5X5r

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14185 on: July 1, 2020, 01:07:47 pm »
yeah it did work out for the best! BVB was the perfect club for him, and he for them too.

And yes HSV where the infamous ‘ripped jeans refusers’  :P Although it wasn’t that he turned up for an interview dressed like that. It was that they’d been scouting him for a while and had seen how he dressed, they also didn't like that he smoked, they didn’t really like that the players called him by his nickname - Kloppo, they also claimed that they’d seen him turn up late for training. That accusation infuriated him, as it wan’t true, he is an absolute stickler for punctuality - no surprise!

So yeah, HSV got it horribly wrong, but it turned out for the best for him and Dortmund and then us!
I read something an HSV fan said about Hecking, that he fits with the city because of his "dry" personality. I guess they wouldn't want Kloppo then ;D
They've announced Kouassi too

#MEI8TER@FCBayern
#FCBayern verpflichtet Tanguy Nianzou Kouassi - Neuzugang erhält Vertrag bis 2024. #ServusTanguy
https://fcbayern.com/m5X5r
Another free transfer as well. I don't know if we're living in real life or some Bayern fan's Football Manager save

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14186 on: July 1, 2020, 04:12:13 pm »
Hertha BSC are rolling in it!

TENNOR Holding B.V. invests a further €150 million into Hertha BSC GmbH & Co. KgaA and receive more shares as a result.

Jens #Lehmann & Dr. Thomas #Werlen have been appointed as new members of the Supervisory Board.

https://twitter.com/HerthaBSC_EN/status/1278300467815157761?s=20

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14187 on: July 2, 2020, 12:09:54 pm »
Paulinho has done his ACL.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14188 on: July 2, 2020, 12:15:00 pm »
Paulinho has done his ACL.
Unlucky. Hope he's able to return and jumpstart his career, seems like he's got tons of potential.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14189 on: July 2, 2020, 02:32:02 pm »
Kicker reporting that Bundesliga season is planned to start September 18th.

Be kinda intriguing how teams go early on, in the sense that a few clubs will be playing CL and Europa league football in August, then will more or less go into a new season. But the others of course are already now on a break (apart form Werder Bremen and Heidenheim).

Bayern, Leipzig and Leverkusen will all be playing games in August, so will have little turn around time. Wolfsburg and Eintracht Frankfurt too, but Frankurt especially will likely only play 1 game.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14190 on: July 2, 2020, 02:33:17 pm »
Unlucky. Hope he's able to return and jumpstart his career, seems like he's got tons of potential.

Yeah, he's got a reputation that resides in orbit.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14191 on: July 2, 2020, 02:46:56 pm »
Relegation game 1st leg tonight. Starts 45 mins before the City game so will watch the 1st half. Hoping that Bremen can repeat what they did against Köln in the last game so I can rest a bit easier.
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14192 on: July 2, 2020, 03:18:49 pm »
Relegation game 1st leg tonight. Starts 45 mins before the City game so will watch the 1st half. Hoping that Bremen can repeat what they did against Köln in the last game so I can rest a bit easier.

I too will be cheering on the Werderaner  8)

In other news:

According to a report by Bild, #RBLeipzig, #BVB, Köln and  #Bayern have finalized a concept that would allow fans back into stadiums. The local health authority in Leipzig have already approved the plan to let 20,000 fans into the stadium when the #Bundesliga starts Sep.18.

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/status/1278446138924957697?s=20

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14193 on: July 2, 2020, 07:58:36 pm »

Announcement immient!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14194 on: July 3, 2020, 04:53:30 pm »
Bremen should be glad that at least away goals count, if they can get something in the 2nd leg

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14195 on: July 3, 2020, 08:09:54 pm »
Want Bremen to stay up to keep Sargent in the top flight, but the romantic appeal of Schmidt's totally un-romantic approach in dragging his team from the fifth division to the top flight would be more interesting.

Perversely, as noted above, I think the match being an away game will help Bremen, especially without the fans available to drag the very little hopers over the line...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14196 on: July 4, 2020, 07:17:51 pm »
Beautiful freekick from Alaba.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14197 on: July 4, 2020, 07:26:07 pm »
That's the cup for Bayern Munich.

Clinical counter. And they've still Sane to add to this attack...

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #14198 on: July 4, 2020, 07:50:35 pm »
Bayern are very very good.

Would like to see them draw city in the champions league at some point. Two best teams left.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14199 on: July 4, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
How is my mate T doing?