Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1054590 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #14120 on: June 28, 2020, 04:30:53 pm »
Amazing weekend for Werder fans they win 6-1 to get into the relegation playoff and Hamburg lose 5-1 to blow their promotion chances  ;D

Yep. Hamburg only needed a draw. Werder needed a miracle.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14121 on: June 28, 2020, 04:31:05 pm »
That fifth goal for Sandhausen sums it up.  Terrible defensive mistake leading to Dennis Diekmeier of all people (now his 2nd career goal?) scoring the goal.  Played for HSV for 8 years too.
King Kenny.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14122 on: June 28, 2020, 04:37:26 pm »
Archie Rhind-Tutt@archiert1
So @zeitonlinesportput together what the budgets were last season for the clubs in this year’s top 2 divisons in Germany. Hamburg losing 2-0 to Sandhausen and lost 2-1 at Heidenheim last weekend. Their budget more than Heidenheim and two Sandhausens combined.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14123 on: June 28, 2020, 04:47:47 pm »
So if I'm understanding the play-off format correctly, Heidenheim and Frank Schmidt have a play-off against Josh Sargent and Bremen?

:o

Not certain who I want to win that match...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14124 on: June 28, 2020, 05:00:05 pm »
Bundesliga Relegation Playoff: 1st leg July 2 (@ Bremen); 2nd leg July 6 (@ Heidenheim)

2 Bundesliga Relegation Playoff: 1st leg July 7; 2nd leg July 11th

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14125 on: June 28, 2020, 05:18:21 pm »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14126 on: June 28, 2020, 08:38:21 pm »
Arminia Bielefeld put a satement out before the last game of the season to ask fans not to gather outside the stadium. But gather they did, and then Arminia go and allow their players to take the trophy to the top of the stadium to show them, and put the video on twitter  ;D  So of course, they are getting a bit of stick for that! It’s a tough one though - as well we know this season.

This was such a huge thing for their fans. To not only get promoted, but to win 2. Bundesliga this season was a massive achievement for then.

https://twitter.com/arminia/status/1277314851350724608?s=20

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14127 on: June 28, 2020, 10:07:48 pm »
Yeah, they are getting quite a bit of flak about it since the Gutersloh outbreak didn't occur too far away from Bielefeld

Meanwhile in Dresden
https://mobile.twitter.com/DynamoDresden/status/1277284671718658048
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:24:03 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14128 on: June 28, 2020, 10:33:43 pm »
Yeah, they are getting quite a bit of flak about it since the Gutersloh outbreak didn't occur too far away from Bielefeld

Meanwhile in Dresden
https://mobile.twitter.com/DynamoDresden/status/1277284671718658048

on the one hand, it’s impressive the loyalty of support for Dresden considering their relegation, but still, you can see why people get annoyed with these gatherings! Thing is, we know it’s going to happen again here, be it with us, or with the fans of teams getting promotions.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14129 on: June 28, 2020, 10:56:20 pm »
Any ideas on where Mario Götze is going to end up, keep hearing rumours about him ending up in Italy possibly?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14130 on: June 28, 2020, 11:58:35 pm »
Any ideas on where Mario Götze is going to end up, keep hearing rumours about him ending up in Italy possibly?

Probably Italy or Turkey. Sad thing is he's only just turned 28.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #14131 on: June 29, 2020, 12:16:05 pm »
Could go to MLS and tear it up like Giovinco did. His injuries have lost him the agility that made so great in the final third in his early days.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14132 on: June 29, 2020, 12:20:29 pm »

Such a shame really. The biggest thing was that illness / metabolic condition he has, I know it’s under control, but he’s never been the same player since. It seems to have taken so much out of him. It’s sad.

A lot of people seem to give Götze a hard time for some reason, and somehow diminish him as a player.
But if they just went back and watched him those 3 years at Dortmund, even his first year at Bayern which was far better than he gets credit for - as he was still riding a wave from his Dortmund days and World cup exploits - he was just such a talent. Such a fun player to watch.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #14133 on: June 29, 2020, 03:19:03 pm »
Seen Gotze linked with Monaco, Milan, Roma, Inter and Aletico.

I still think he got something to offer for the right club. Even in his last few seasons with Dortmund he wasn't half bad, just not of the required level for a Champions League club.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14134 on: June 29, 2020, 03:27:35 pm »
Looks like Hwang Hee-chan is going to Leipzig from Salzburg.

Thought he was great against us in the Champions League.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14135 on: June 29, 2020, 03:29:45 pm »
Looks like Hwang Hee-chan is going to Leipzig from Salzburg.

Thought he was great against us in the Champions League.

making him the 39271 player to transfer directly from Salzburg to Leipzig  :P

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14136 on: June 29, 2020, 05:13:20 pm »
Such a shame really. The biggest thing was that illness / metabolic condition he has, I know it’s under control, but he’s never been the same player since. It seems to have taken so much out of him. It’s sad.

A lot of people seem to give Götze a hard time for some reason, and somehow diminish him as a player.
But if they just went back and watched him those 3 years at Dortmund, even his first year at Bayern which was far better than he gets credit for - as he was still riding a wave from his Dortmund days and World cup exploits - he was just such a talent. Such a fun player to watch.

I was doing a little reading up on Mario Götze last night and I was a bit surprised by something you said on the Man City thread about Guardiola not actually wanting Götze himself. I'm sure I read in Rafa Honigstein's book Bring on the Noise, that Klopp has quoted the statement that, Mario had been told that Guardiola was not prepared to wait forever for him to sign. Of course, that could have been someone in the hierarchy in Munich putting the pressure on him. I know Klopp certainly felt it was the wrong move for him and he knew Mario better than anyone. It gave the impression he'd had his head turned over moving to Bayern. I read an interesting interview where Mario himself said that Guardiola was quite cold to the players, they were just part of his system and he lacked empathy with them. He had only good things to say about Klopp though, it makes you wonder if he regretted the move in the end. I would agree he lost something after the illness, you forget what a great talent he was especially when he first came onto the scene. A bit of a shame all in all.

Seen Gotze linked with Monaco, Milan, Roma, Inter and Aletico.

I still think he got something to offer for the right club. Even in his last few seasons with Dortmund he wasn't half bad, just not of the required level for a Champions League club.

I noticed one rumour had said Monaco, someone reckoned he'd be ideally suited to Roma with the team they have there.

Yes, Italy has been quoted as a possibility according to rumours his wife is quite keen on a move there.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14137 on: June 29, 2020, 05:18:45 pm »
SZ are saying Schalke will impose a €2.5m/year cap on individual player salaries. Players who want more will be sold
SZ via Kicker: https://www.kicker.de/778596/artikel/schalke_04_plant_offenbar_als_erster_bundesligist_eine_gehaltsobergrenze.amp?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14138 on: June 29, 2020, 05:27:05 pm »
I was doing a little reading up on Mario Götze last night and I was a bit surprised by something you said on the Man City thread about Guardiola not actually wanting Götze himself. I'm sure I read in Rafa Honigstein's book Bring on the Noise, that Klopp has quoted the statement that, Mario had been told that Guardiola was not prepared to wait forever for him to sign. Of course, that could have been someone in the hierarchy in Munich putting the pressure on him. I know Klopp certainly felt it was the wrong move for him and he knew Mario better than anyone. It gave the impression he'd had his head turned over moving to Bayern. I read an interesting interview where Mario himself said that Guardiola was quite cold to the players, they were just part of his system and he lacked empathy with them. He had only good things to say about Klopp though, it makes you wonder if he regretted the move in the end. I would agree he lost something after the illness, you forget what a great talent he was especially when he first came onto the scene. A bit of a shame all in all.

I noticed one rumour had said Monaco, someone reckoned he'd be ideally suited to Roma with the team they have there.

Yes, Italy has been quoted as a possibility according to rumours his wife is quite keen on a move there.

The bosses at Bayern definately sold the ‘Guardiola wants you’ thing, cos Kloppo himself said when he left ‘he just wants to play for Guardiola’. And yeah, spun it that it was a case of moving now, or never. But it became evident after his first season there that he wasn’t really in his plans, he was foisted upon him basically - one of only a couple German first team players signed while Guardiola was there. Götze was Germany’s golden boy, they could get him at a reasonable price, and in the same time, striking another blow to the heart of BVB - they where desperate to snag him. He was very much a signing of the Bayern hierachy rather than Guardiola.  But Götze wasn’t to know that at the time.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14139 on: June 29, 2020, 05:34:25 pm »
The bosses at Bayern definately sold the ‘Guardiola wants you’ thing, cos Kloppo himself said when he left ‘he just wants to play for Guardiola’. And yeah, spun it that it was a case of moving now, or never. But it became evident after his first season there that he wasn’t really in his plans, he was foisted upon him basically - one of only a couple German first team players signed while Guardiola was there. Götze was Germany’s golden boy, they could get him at a reasonable price, and in the same time, striking another blow to the heart of BVB - they where desperate to snag him. He was very much a signing of the Bayern hierachy rather than Guardiola.  But Götze wasn’t to know that at the time.

They don't always act with class Bayern, I guess they enjoy their position as the top club and act accordingly. It was a shame Mario didn't stay longer at BVB, as Klopp would have improved him even more.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14140 on: June 29, 2020, 06:09:19 pm »
A move to Atalanta or Lazio would be boss, working under Gasperini or Inzaghi would get his career back on track.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14141 on: June 29, 2020, 07:05:24 pm »
A move to Atalanta or Lazio would be boss, working under Gasperini or Inzaghi would get his career back on track.

Roma were another team mentioned in Italy as well.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14142 on: June 29, 2020, 07:26:06 pm »
Wagner is staying at Schalke apparently, everybody get your money on Schalke to get relegated next season  ;D

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14143 on: June 29, 2020, 07:27:40 pm »
Might get the mortgage on them. Cannot see how they survive next season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14144 on: June 29, 2020, 07:56:45 pm »
BVB announced today they anticipate a net 45 mill EUR loss this year, of course the figure is such due to the pandemic. They will be ok, as they are in a financially sound position these days, but less well run clubs are going to suffer horribly.  But these losses do explain why for instance they didn’t even enter the possibility of signing Hakimi on a permanent deal (some of their fans have been cry-arsing about it, sound familiar?!).

Anyway, a financially sound club like BVB are feeling it, you can imagine how tough it’ll be for lesser financially sound clubs and smaller clubs.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14145 on: June 29, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »
Anyway, a financially sound club like BVB are feeling it, you can imagine how tough it’ll be for lesser financially sound clubs and smaller clubs.

Definitely

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14146 on: June 29, 2020, 08:08:27 pm »
BVB announced today they anticipate a net 45 mill EUR loss this year, of course the figure is such due to the pandemic. They will be ok, as they are in a financially sound position these days, but less well run clubs are going to suffer horribly.  But these losses do explain why for instance they didn’t even enter the possibility of signing Hakimi on a permanent deal (some of their fans have been cry-arsing about it, sound familiar?!).

Not the point but i think they did the wise thing for not investing in Hakimi imo. Never sold on him.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14147 on: June 30, 2020, 06:44:58 am »
Not the point but i think they did the wise thing for not investing in Hakimi imo. Never sold on him.
Yes I think he's a bit overrated. A stud athlete with tons of potential, but inconsistent and his touch fails him at times. His a better talent than Mounier but I don't think Dortmund is a weaker team now.

I reckon he'd do really well for an Antonio Conte side, though.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14148 on: June 30, 2020, 12:34:21 pm »
Hakimi has 10 assists from full-back this season. He's blossomed into an excellent operator, but Meunier is a terrific attacking RB. Dortmund have struck gold with him, he'll prove tremendous value.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14149 on: June 30, 2020, 12:41:25 pm »
Hakimi is great, he’s still only 21, he’s some talent. Good thing Man Utd spent 50 mill on Wan Bissaka - cos Hakimi would have been a far better fit for them and a far more impressive signing ;D  He’d have been a good fit for a few teams really.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14150 on: June 30, 2020, 03:06:07 pm »
You think things can't get any stranger at Arsenal, then you see them linked with Wout Weghorst.

He's good, but he really doesn't strike me as the type of player who'd thrive at Arsenal.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14151 on: June 30, 2020, 03:25:55 pm »
The way the transfer window is going to work in Bundesliga this summer is:

It will open for 1 day tomorrow (July 1st), to allow teams to register new players, and then shut.
Then the window will open again on July 15th, and will stay open till October 5th. 

And edited to add, in other news, Clemens Tönnies has finally left Schalke, so that’s some good news for their fans!

https://twitter.com/s04/status/1277960996716335113?s=20
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:35:35 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14152 on: June 30, 2020, 05:19:06 pm »
You think things can't get any stranger at Arsenal, then you see them linked with Wout Weghorst.

He's good, but he really doesn't strike me as the type of player who'd thrive at Arsenal.

that would be the strangest signing for sure. I can’t imagine it, and hopefully just some mad rumour. He’d be very good for certain teams for sure, due to his size and style of play, but Arsenal would be right at the bottom of the list of teams I could imagine him at! Weghorst has done very well at Wolfsburg these last 2 seasons, I hope he stays there.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14153 on: June 30, 2020, 06:23:39 pm »
Bild Sport are reporting that Bayern Munich have agreed a deal for Leroy Sane, just under 50m euros.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14154 on: June 30, 2020, 06:30:08 pm »
Good for him, and good for Liverpool, cos he loved playing vs us! But for some reason Guardiola wasn’t his biggest fan, maybe too much of a maverick.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14155 on: June 30, 2020, 06:34:00 pm »
Bild Sport are reporting that Bayern Munich have agreed a deal for Leroy Sane, just under 50m euros.

Snip that.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14156 on: June 30, 2020, 06:36:22 pm »
Kinda cheap no?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14157 on: June 30, 2020, 06:37:35 pm »
His contract is up next summer.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14158 on: June 30, 2020, 06:40:25 pm »
His contract is up next summer.

Plus I think it’s Bayern or nothing, he would have just run down his deal.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14159 on: June 30, 2020, 06:43:52 pm »
Plus I think it’s Bayern or nothing, he would have just run down his deal.

Yeah, Bayern are in control. It seems like he wants to go there and with Covid-19, it's probably better for them to lose him now for a fee than for nothing at all next year. Guardiola doesn't seem to trust him that much anyway.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.