Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4568383 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #66320 on: June 30, 2020, 02:40:51 pm »
Canceling/postponing the election is off the table Constitutionally anyway, so it won't happen no matter what.

But you're right, the next five months will see them deploy every trick in the book, including their oldest and most effective tactic: voter suppression. But seeing as how fired up people are at the moment and the BLM movement as well, I don't think it's going to work.

I mean Biden couldn't have dreamed this up. Literally doing nothing at this point is better than anything Trump could do, and Biden is really starting to pick up steam. I can say with absolute certainty that in terms of social media influence/fundraising he's definitely hired the right people and the campaign at the moment is absolutely on point.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66321 on: June 30, 2020, 02:50:37 pm »
I mean Biden couldn't have dreamed this up. Literally doing nothing at this point is better than anything Trump could do, and Biden is really starting to pick up steam. I can say with absolute certainty that in terms of social media influence/fundraising he's definitely hired the right people and the campaign at the moment is absolutely on point.
Plus he has the support of the Lincoln Project and Republicans For Biden. Those may swing a precious state or two for him.

What I'm also feeling more hopeful about these days is the possible switch of Senate control to the Dems. It might actually happen, fingers crossed.

Long time to go though. Trump is a cockroach, hard to kill. 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66322 on: June 30, 2020, 02:54:28 pm »
What's next, regular zoom calls with Bashar al-Assad while he's getting spray tanned in the Oval Office?

It’s the fact his people couldn’t reach him on the phone -because he was at the 19th hole with all his sycophants and didn’t want to be disturbed. Thank goodness Putin is his mate eh, imagine if he had a crisis to deal with.
Beggars belief
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #66323 on: June 30, 2020, 02:55:32 pm »
Once Trump knows he's losing, it'll be scorched earth.  Give as much away to Repug issues so Dems will have a deeper hole to dig out of and get Repugs back in 4.
Kill the humourless

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #66324 on: June 30, 2020, 03:01:20 pm »
Wait....people seriously thought Trump read his daily briefings?  The man is barely literate - have you heard him trying to construct a coherent sentence?  Unless the briefings consist solely of drawings and pictures, they're not going to interest this imbecile.  Besides, he's got the attention span of a dead fly.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66325 on: June 30, 2020, 03:31:22 pm »
Russian story aside, what also gets under my skin this morning is another reminder that the President of the US doesn't read his daily intelligence briefing thoroughly. Instead, the Orange Shithead thinks it's more important to watch right-wing TV and tweet nonsense and hate every morning. I despise him.
Trump's briefing is not even a proper briefing. It is single piece of A4 with bullet points and pictures. Not the daily multi-paged, thick with details document supplied to his predecessors. He probably did not even read it. Or, if he did, he ignored it or did not understand it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:36:16 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66326 on: June 30, 2020, 03:42:21 pm »
Apparently EU has banned flights from US, subject to periodic review.  Reasons given include the current situation re the virus in the US and the fact that mitigation methods have been ‘politicised’ in the US.  I.e. the EU is not confident US travellers will adhere to requirements in the EU like mask wearing, etc.

Just reported on CNN.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #66327 on: June 30, 2020, 03:55:02 pm »
Apparently EU has banned flights from US, subject to periodic review.  Reasons given include the current situation re the virus in the US and the fact that mitigation methods have been ‘politicised’ in the US.  I.e. the EU is not confident US travellers will adhere to requirements in the EU like mask wearing, etc.

Just reported on CNN.

Well they've proven they can't do it in the US, why would anyone think they would do it overseas?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:06:21 pm by Chakan »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #66328 on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:49 pm »

Just reported on CNN.
Abar time.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66329 on: June 30, 2020, 04:23:45 pm »
Wait....people seriously thought Trump read his daily briefings?  The man is barely literate - have you heard him trying to construct a coherent sentence?  Unless the briefings consist solely of drawings and pictures, they're not going to interest this imbecile.  Besides, he's got the attention span of a dead fly.

Of course not.  That's why most of us shook our heads when he denied being told.

Just reported on CNN.

That's going to be a hard one for Pence to side-step when he's questioned about it.  And he will be.

Once Trump knows he's losing, it'll be scorched earth.  Give as much away to Repug issues so Dems will have a deeper hole to dig out of and get Repugs back in 4.

He already knows he's losing - see his attempt to strike down Obamacare in the courts.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #66330 on: June 30, 2020, 04:55:08 pm »
It's the right decision. Covid-19 has exploded in the US (again) and I really fear for some family members there.

And besides, isn't anyone who isn't a US citizen barred from traveling to the US because of Covid? They enacted that when it was far worse in Europe but I don't think it's been reversed yet.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66331 on: June 30, 2020, 05:54:16 pm »
Posted in Co-Vid thread but equally relevant here

Damning for Trump this, not that he'll give a shit

Fauci: 'US could easily see 100,000 daily cases'
Dr Anthony Fauci tells the US Senate hearing in Washington that "clearly we are not in total control right now" of the US pandemic.

"We’re going to continue to be in a lot of trouble" if people don't start social distancing and wearing masks, he warns.

Daily cases are currently at around 40,000 per day.

The daily infection rate "could easily go up to 100,000 a day," he continues, saying he "would not be surprised" to see such a high rate of infection.

"It is going to be very disturbing, I will guarantee you that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53230389 17:16 update
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66332 on: June 30, 2020, 06:04:41 pm »
 :puke2
-------

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

THE LONE WARRIOR!
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #66333 on: June 30, 2020, 06:09:14 pm »
Posted in Co-Vid thread but equally relevant here

Damning for Trump this, not that he'll give a shit

Fauci: 'US could easily see 100,000 daily cases'
Dr Anthony Fauci tells the US Senate hearing in Washington that "clearly we are not in total control right now" of the US pandemic.

"We’re going to continue to be in a lot of trouble" if people don't start social distancing and wearing masks, he warns.

Daily cases are currently at around 40,000 per day.

The daily infection rate "could easily go up to 100,000 a day," he continues, saying he "would not be surprised" to see such a high rate of infection.

"It is going to be very disturbing, I will guarantee you that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53230389 17:16 update

Rand Paul was taking the piss out of Fauci - "You just need optimism" to get out of pandemic - as Fauci's sat there about to say, "This is going to get very bad indeed if you keep up". Feel for the US scientists whose work the rest of the world has been leaning on.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66334 on: June 30, 2020, 07:43:37 pm »
Rand Paul was taking the piss out of Fauci - "You just need optimism" to get out of pandemic - as Fauci's sat there about to say, "This is going to get very bad indeed if you keep up". Feel for the US scientists whose work the rest of the world has been leaning on.

The truly worrying thing is the number of Americans who will die who don't have Covid-19.  They'll be pushed to one side when the hospitals and health care systems start to collapse in districts, counties and states, but they wont be included in the official C-19 death toll.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66335 on: June 30, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »
The truly worrying thing is the number of Americans who will die who don't have Covid-19.  They'll be pushed to one side when the hospitals and health care systems start to collapse in districts, counties and states, but they wont be included in the official C-19 death toll.

It's already an issue and not just in the US. Tens of thousands of operations and treatments have been put on hold because of the virus. There is no easy way out of this. People will suffer. The questions are how, how many and for how long.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66336 on: June 30, 2020, 07:52:18 pm »
Intercepted financial data raised suspicious about Russian bounties: report

Large financial transfers intercepted by U.S. intelligence agencies led to raised suspicions about Russian bounties, according to the New York Times.

The Times reported on Friday that President Trump was provided with written briefs on intelligence that Russia offered bounties to incentivize Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

On Tuesday, the newspaper reported that U.S. analysts concluded that large financial transfers intercepted by the U.S. were likely bounties from the GRU, Moscow's military intelligence agency, to the Taliban.

The analysts found that several Afghan businessmen who transferred money through the informal “hawala” system over the past six months served as middlemen for these transactions. The transfers reportedly quelled disagreements among intelligence officials on whether the initial intelligence about Russian bounties was credible.

The White House did not mention this to GOP lawmakers on Monday when they were briefed on the intelligence, the Times reported.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/505264-intercepted-financial-data-raised-suspicious-about-russian-bounties-report

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66337 on: June 30, 2020, 07:53:59 pm »
It's already an issue and not just in the US. Tens of thousands of operations and treatments have been put on hold because of the virus. There is no easy way out of this. People will suffer. The questions are how, how many and for how long.

The dye is cast for America at least.  Boris doesn't give a crap if people die as long as the health service didn't go under; whereas Trump is still trying to dismantle Obamacare in the middle of a fucking pandemic that can lead to long term health complications.

I fear for them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66338 on: June 30, 2020, 08:28:28 pm »
The dye is cast for America at least.  Boris doesn't give a crap if people die as long as the health service didn't go under; whereas Trump is still trying to dismantle Obamacare in the middle of a fucking pandemic that can lead to long term health complications.

I fear for them.

Trump only cares about his image and about getting reelected. When he was a candidate he said it would be so easy to create a better healthcare system and I think he said it would be cheaper too. No success there... Long term they need to change something in their system. They can't even afford the healthcare they have today. Short term there's not much they can do. They have what they have. Same as for everyone.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66340 on: June 30, 2020, 09:13:58 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #66341 on: June 30, 2020, 09:55:22 pm »
John Bolton strangely tight lipped about this ::)

:missus

You'll have to buy his book to read all about it.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66342 on: June 30, 2020, 09:59:13 pm »
POLITICO
'They basically swallowed hard': Trumpy Census Bureau hires revive fears of political meddling
By Daniel Lippman 
1 hr ago

The White House and Commerce Department forced the Census Bureau to take two new political appointees last week whose unexpected arrival has deepened fears at the agency that the 2020 census will be politicized, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Last Monday, Commerce deputy secretary Karen Dunn Kelley informed Census Bureau director Steven Dillingham and his career deputy, Ron Jarmin, that the two new appointees, Commerce aides Nathaniel T. Cogley and Adam Korzeniewski, had been installed in senior roles at the Census Bureau — a move that blindsided both of them, according to a Census Bureau official.

Cogley, a frequent radio commentator who received a Ph.D. in political science from Yale in 2013 and was the head of the department of government, legal studies and philosophy at Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas, will be deputy director for policy. Korzeniewski, now a senior adviser for Cogley, once worked as a Republican political consultant for the failed Staten Island congressional run of Joey Saladino, a Trumpy young YouTube star known as “Joey Salads.”

On Tuesday, Dillingham issued a statement announcing that Cogley and Korzeniewski were joining the agency. He praised Cogley’s “distinguished academic background” and said that Korzeniewski had “exemplary military and public service experience, including prior Census Bureau fieldwork.” He also said that “the support of Dr. Cogley and Mr. Korzeniewski will help the Census Bureau achieve a complete and accurate 2020 Census and study future improvements.”

But inside the Census Bureau, a technocratic agency long accustomed to carrying out its work without political meddling, the hires were viewed with suspicion. Not only had they occurred while the 2020 census was already well underway, officials didn’t view them as particularly qualified for their new positions. The fact that the White House had installed them only raised further alarms.

“No one has expressed any support for the decision” at the bureau for the decision to hire the two new appointees, according to the Census Bureau official. “There’s great concern.”

“They basically swallowed hard,” a person close to the bureau said. “They have no choice, and they must do it.”

Prior to Monday’s notification, the Commerce Department, which houses the Census Bureau, and the White House had held zero discussions with both Dillingham, a Trump appointee, and Jarmin about the prospect of those people joining the bureau and they had no input into their placement into the agency, according to the three people familiar with the matter. Senior Census officials also weren’t told of the hires by the deputy White House liaison at the Commerce Department, Anthony LaBruna, who deals with political appointees, until after it was a done deal.

LaBruna pushed back on the notion that Census officials weren’t told about the hires in advance, but he did not dispute the claim that the White House had chosen them.

“The notion that Census wasn’t provided a heads up is simply inaccurate,” LaBruna said in a text message. “Senior Census officials were given advance notice by the Department of Commerce about the hiring of Nathaniel Cogley and Adam Korzeniewski. Not only was Census notified but Director Dillingham put out a statement announcing that Nathaniel and Adam were joining his staff.”

But to Census officials, the arrival of the two political hires came as a shock. Even though Cogley and Korzeniewski started early last week, their titles didn’t come with the usual defined job descriptions — and Korzeniewski’s paperwork hasn’t even been given to senior Census leadership yet. Potential responsibilities under discussion for the two include working on census assessments, potential improvements for the census, strategic planning and planning the 2030 census, and working to implement the 2018 Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act. Jarmin is not expected to lose any of his responsibilities.

After being informed that they were coming on board, the two top Census officials decided to notify the senior Census Bureau staff last Tuesday morning and then made an announcement for employees that was later in the day posted on the website. There was also a notification to Capitol Hill, where Democrats have complained about the move.

“The decision to create two new senior positions at the Census Bureau and fill them with political operatives is yet another unprecedented attempt by the Trump administration to politicize the 2020 Census,” Maloney said in a statement.

Both Cogley and Korzeniewski had worked since April in Kelley’s office at the Department of Commerce, where Cogley was a senior adviser and Korzeniewski was an adviser. Kelley didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The appointment of Cogley, in particular, was met with deep skepticism inside the Census Bureau.

During meetings and briefing calls in his previous role, he had raised some questions about how the census was conducted — a delicate subject given that small changes in methodology could lead to dramatic swings in numbers. Everything from congressional redistricting to the apportionment of certain federal programs relies on the figures, lending what might otherwise seem like wonkish data collection questions vast political weight.

That’s why, the official said, when political appointees begin asking questions about changing the methodology, “some people get nervous.”

For instance, there are ongoing discussions about how vigorously the Census Bureau must try to reach people who haven’t responded to the census questionnaire. That follow-up, which begins August 11, can mean making as many as 16 attempts to reach someone at their suspected residence. Minority groups, especially Black Americans, have historically been underrepresented in census data; for various reasons, they have traditionally been harder to reach.

“If you change methodologies, it should be evidence-based and it’s unlikely, in my opinion, that we’re going to find a need for significant changes in methodology at this point in time,” said the official. “This has been planned for about 10 years and it’s based on research.”

Cogley’s new job, as the deputy director for policy, also raised internal eyebrows; in recent decades, there hasn’t been a political appointee who was put in at such a senior level.

Career employees at the bureau have “strong concerns” about the new hires, the official said, because they don’t know why they were placed at the agency and Census officials don’t know who pushed them to be hired.

“At this point in the census cycle, it’s disturbing that these two positions would be created, and it gives the appearance that the administration is attempting to politicize the 2020 census,” said John H. Thompson, who was director of the Census Bureau in the last few years of the Obama administration and first five months of the Trump administration. “If the career people at the Census Bureau were ordered to do something that was not in the best interest of getting an accurate count, they would just walk out of the building.”

A person close to the bureau said the expectation is that the two will not have any hand in direct operation of the 2020 census and no line authority. That will prevent them from telling Census employees which Americans to count, and which not to.

They are also expected to not have access to the data files that store Americans’ responses to the census or from any of the statistical surveys, which is highly restricted to a very small number of the Census Bureau’s thousands of employees.

Even though Cogley has a Ph.D., albeit in political science, not statistics, the data is highly confidential, not to mention extremely complex: It can take someone trained in the requisite quantitative methods a year to fully understand, according to the person close to the bureau.

The new hires come as the Census Bureau deals with the coronavirus pandemic, which poses a challenge as the agency seeks to keep employees in the field safe as they start to collect data in August. All of their offices are now open, and they have a fusion center that monitors how state and county reopenings are affecting Census offices. The bureau had a one-hour briefing last Friday for more than 350 congressional staffers about how the pandemic has affected its data collection.

“The biggest concern to me is the reputation of the Census Bureau as a nonpartisan non-political agency that provides information and supports the democracy and helps drive it so to the extent that additional political appointees are fabricated and inserted into a federal statistical agency you really really run the risk of damaging the reputation and it raises questions in people’s minds,” said the person close to the bureau.

Controversy at the Census Bureau is not new for the Trump administration; early in the president’s term, officials tried to add a controversial citizenship question to the Census, but courts said that official explanations for the attempted addition were implausible and legally inadequate. A GOP operative, Thomas Hofeller, who died in 2018, also played a key role in getting the Trump administration to add the citizenship question to help in his words, “Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites.”

A Commerce spokesperson said in a statement: “We thank Dr. Cogley and Mr. Korzeniewski for their service to our country at the Department of Commerce, and are pleased they will continue their service at the Census Bureau. As Director Dillingham stated, they will assist the great work already underway at the Bureau and help achieve a complete and accurate 2020 Census.”

A White House spokesperson said the White House doesn’t comment on personnel matters.

“There are two people ill equipped to actually manage the census,” said Kenneth Prewitt, a former director of the bureau at the end of the Clinton administration. “They’re very well equipped to advance political interests, especially of the Republican Party. That’s their background and their career goals. It’s unprecedented for two political appointees to be added to the bureau in the middle of a census count in the recent history of the Census Bureau.”

hhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/they-basically-swallowed-hard-trumpy-census-bureau-hires-revive-fears-of-political-meddling/ar-BB16alpB
Kill the humourless

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66343 on: June 30, 2020, 10:33:09 pm »
The US has bought up virtually all the stocks for the next three months of one of the two drugs proven to work against Covid-19, leaving none for the UK, Europe or most of the rest of the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66344 on: June 30, 2020, 10:41:08 pm »
A gift for the next GOP attack ad.

Ocasio-Cortez dismisses proposed $1B cut: 'Defunding police means defunding police'

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said that New York City’s proposed $1 billion cut from the police department budget tip-toes around demands from activists who are asking for lessened police presence.

Activists have noted that though the plan proposed by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio cuts one-sixth of the city's police budget and much of it would be transferred to other city departments, such as the city’s department of education paying for school police, instead of removing the police from schools as activists have asked.

The movement to defund police has explicitly called for funds taken from police departments to be moved toward social services and many activists have specifically objected to having police officers in schools.

“Defunding police means defunding police,” the congresswoman said in a statement. “It does not mean budget tricks or funny math. It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools.”

De Blasio said at a press conference Monday that his office presented a budget to the City Council over the weekend that would "achieve a billion dollars in savings" for New York police.

Anthonine Pierre, a spokesperson for Communities United for Police Reform said in a local TV interview that de Blasio is “doing funny math and playing the PR games he always plays” in the proposal.

“It seems like the mayor is trying to use the talking points of defunding the police without actually meeting the demands,” Pierre said.

Calls to defund the police and put government funding toward other social services have gained traction in the weeks since the May 25 death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police. Mayors in San Francisco and Los Angeles have pledged to cut police budgets, while city councils in places such as Washington, D.C., have passed a slate of reform measures to enhance law enforcement oversight.

Ocasio-Cortez said that cutting the police budget is not effective if it does not result in the lessened presence of law enforcement.

“It does not mean counting overtime cuts as cuts, even as NYPD ignores every attempt by City Council to curb overtime spending and overspends on overtime anyways,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “If these reports are accurate, then these proposed ‘cuts’ to the NYPD budget are a disingenuous illusion. This is not a victory. The fight to defund policing continues.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/505307-ocasio-cortez-dismisses-proposed-1b-cut-defunding-police-means-defunding

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66346 on: June 30, 2020, 11:40:57 pm »
"America First" remember.......

But that will win votes with his base.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66347 on: June 30, 2020, 11:58:26 pm »
But that will win votes with his base.
You mean his rapidly-shrinking base?

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66348 on: July 1, 2020, 03:52:01 am »
No plan for a pandemic that is killing his citizens. No plan to improve the economy. No plan to help those out of work. No plan to lessen racial tension. No plan for global warming. No plan to improve international relations.

Just "Fear The Other. Hate The Other. Blame The Other."
----------

― Christine Szymanski

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66349 on: July 1, 2020, 08:48:54 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66350 on: July 1, 2020, 09:10:55 am »
But that will win stop him losing votes with his base.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66351 on: July 1, 2020, 09:14:29 am »
That's almost sinister.

He is the reality of Heath Ledger's Joker. Trump and the presidency was the dog chasing the car: he didn't know what to do with it when he caught it.

The Joker was ahead of the curve that Trump isn't interested in flattening.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66352 on: July 1, 2020, 11:04:08 am »
No plan for a pandemic that is killing his citizens. No plan to improve the economy. No plan to help those out of work. No plan to lessen racial tension. No plan for global warming. No plan to improve international relations.

----------

3  1/2 years in, you are not allowed outrage or loathing.

It is the standard.

Imagine GW, who inherited land and 10 slaves, then married Martha, more land and 84 slaves, said "Slavery is not right.  Leviticus got fake news. All black men are equal to white. And women should have equal rights.  And we should be gracious to the American Indian who has made us welcome in his Land."

Hung for sedition, imo.

Different eras, unenlightened and unevolved views.
Kill the humourless

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66353 on: July 1, 2020, 11:26:32 am »
Not my fault!!!!
----------

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

As I watch the Pandemic spread its ugly face all across the world, including the tremendous damage it has done to the USA, I become more and more angry at China. People can see it, and I can feel it!

― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66354 on: July 1, 2020, 11:32:40 am »
Threatening to take away PPE from medical staff fighting a pandemic? Check.
Calling an opponent a racist slur? Check.
Choosing his KKK base over modern enlightened thinking? Check.
Evidence of his low IQ "(plus other bad things!)"? Check.
----------

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I will Veto the Defense Authorization Bill if the Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren (of all people!) Amendment, which will lead to the renaming (plus other bad things!) of Fort Bragg, Fort Robert E. Lee, and many other Military Bases from which we won Two World Wars, is in the Bill!
― Christine Szymanski

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66355 on: July 1, 2020, 11:51:37 am »
Don't forget the wanton revisionism where the USA once again claims victory in two world wars (they would say that - they'e not won a war since the one they fought with themselves........and Vietnam was a tie at best.)

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66356 on: July 1, 2020, 12:25:55 pm »
That's almost sinister.
And he just retweeted it this morning.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #66357 on: July 1, 2020, 12:49:30 pm »

----------

Bet he thinks he looks intimidating ... when he actually looks as if he's just having a shit.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66358 on: July 1, 2020, 02:08:16 pm »
Senate strips provision from intelligence bill requiring campaigns to report foreign election help

(CNN)The Senate will incorporate the annual intelligence policy legislation into the National Defense Authorization Act -- but only after stripping language from the intelligence bill that would have required presidential campaigns to report offers of foreign election help.

Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that Senate Republicans forced the removal of the election reporting provision as a condition to include the intelligence bill on the must-pass defense policy legislation.

Earlier this month, the Senate Intelligence Committee approved an amendment on an 8-7 vote from Warner and GOP Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, which added a provision to the Intelligence Authorization Act requiring campaigns to notify federal authorities about offers of foreign election help.

That bill, however, was unlikely to get Senate floor time on its own, which is why it's being included in the National Defense Authorization Act. The effort to strip the foreign election help provision from the intelligence bill was not a surprise, as acting Senate Intelligence Chairman Marco Rubio, a Florida Republican, predicted earlier this month it would be removed before the bill was on the floor, because of an objection from the Senate Rules Committee.

Warner bemoaned what he called a "back-room deal" to strip out the provision.

"If my Republican colleagues want to strip this legislation out of the NDAA behind closed doors, then I'm going to offer it up as an amendment to force an up-or-down vote and put every member of this body on the record," Warner said on the Senate floor.

The amendment approved by the Intelligence Committee was an adopted version of Warner's FIRE Act, which he introduced last year. It would require all presidential campaign officials report to the FBI any contacts with foreign nationals trying either to make campaign donations or coordinate with a campaign.

Warner tried to bring up his bill on the Senate floor several times over the past year, but Republicans objected each time. When Sen. Marsha Blackburn, a Tennessee Republican, blocked the bill in June 2019, calling it a "blatant political stunt." President Donald Trump applauded her efforts on Twitter.

It's not clear if Warner's amendment will get a vote. The Senate is debating the defense authorization legislation on the floor this week.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/30/politics/senate-removes-ban-foreign-election-help/index.html

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #66359 on: July 1, 2020, 02:24:53 pm »
Threatening to take away PPE from medical staff fighting a pandemic? Check.
Calling an opponent a racist slur? Check.
Choosing his KKK base over modern enlightened thinking? Check.
Evidence of his low IQ "(plus other bad things!)"? Check.
----------

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I will Veto the Defense Authorization Bill if the Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren (of all people!) Amendment, which will lead to the renaming (plus other bad things!) of Fort Bragg, Fort Robert E. Lee, and many other Military Bases from which we won Two World Wars, is in the Bill!

Embarrassing. Nauseating. Horrifying.

If there is a God out there...