Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 224100 times)

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #40 on: January 6, 2016, 03:15:27 pm »
Hello, Goodbye.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 6, 2016, 03:16:42 pm »
Welcome Marko, hope you have a great future with us!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 6, 2016, 03:18:08 pm »
Reckon he will be in competition with Milner, Henderson, and Can for 2 positions next year.

Still think we'll get a top DM
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 6, 2016, 03:20:44 pm »
Good leaning technique on the lad. Shame he's going back straight away, but he'll probably do his hammy in by March if he stays with us at the moment.

Welcome to LFC Marko, see you in August.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #44 on: January 6, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
Why loan him back? We need players now and give him time to adapt.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ahfolk79

• Main Stander
« Reply #45 on: January 6, 2016, 03:28:06 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/202338-marko-grujic-the-first-liverpool-interview

God, these questions are awful. Marko, just how excited are you? How will you feel playing a Anfield? A more interesting answer would have been:

"Well, I saw how Jon Flanagan, how you say, "got a bonk on" when he scored in the goal against Tottenham. I expect that you will notice something similar with me".
"He’s not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than for people like [Christian] Poulsen, [Raul] Meireles and [Paul] Konchesky, who are players I was quite happy to bring to the club."

Roy feeling justifiably smug about the powerhouses he snatched from under the noses of Barca

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #46 on: January 6, 2016, 03:42:02 pm »
His name is pronounced GREW - ITCH

if the commentators on red star games are correct, anyway....

He's one of those players that could be gone in a year, or could go on to be a major star....

Who knows?

Good luck to the kid though...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 6, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »
He really is a big lad. I wish he were coming straight away, but probably sensible to give him a full pre-season before chucking him in.

I hope he can add some steel to the midfield.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 6, 2016, 03:50:51 pm »
His name is pronounced GREW - ITCH

if the commentators on red star games are correct, anyway....

He's one of those players that could be gone in a year, or could go on to be a major star....

Who knows?

Good luck to the kid though...

The kind of signing I like, for Ł6m what is there to lose? If he's not that good a club on the continent will offer us a few million and if he's a star, well then we've had a bargain.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 6, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »
6ft3 already with the potential to grow a bit more maybe (he is 19). He makes Klopp look of average height standing next to him. Exactly what we have needed in our midfield, physical presence. Pity we won't see him 'til preseason.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 6, 2016, 03:53:26 pm »

Presumably Red Star wouldn't sanction the deal unless it included the loan back option?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 6, 2016, 03:56:06 pm »
welcome marko!

goodbye marko!

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 6, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »
Reckon he will be in competition with Milner, Henderson, and Can for 2 positions next year.

Still think we'll get a top DM
We already have one in the making in Can imo.

If we sign a midfielder it should be a CM who can control play and dominate possession. Unless Henderson develops than side of his game quickly .

With Can Lucas and now Grujic as DM don't think we need a DM as priority.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #53 on: January 6, 2016, 03:59:37 pm »
Good luck to the lad next season. Seems physically ready for the premier league at such a young age. Hope he's the first of many gems Klopp is going to bring in

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #54 on: January 6, 2016, 04:03:25 pm »
Welcome!

He has high potential but people need to be patient. He's only 19, and as we've seen with Origi it may take 4-6 months or so next season for him to settle. Shame he couldn't join now already but hopefully a full preseason with Klopp will work wonders.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 6, 2016, 04:04:04 pm »
Welcome Marko. Hope you have a great career here.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 6, 2016, 04:07:10 pm »
Presumably Red Star wouldn't sanction the deal unless it included the loan back option?

Possibly, but they've already got the league in the bag and they're not in Europe, so what's the big deal? Either we want the player or not and paying an extra few quid to have him available for the 5 million games between now and the end of the season - and giving him time to adjust - may prove worthwhile.

It's like last year paying big money for Origi and then letting him stay at Lille for a year rather than letting our player get to grips with English fooball.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 6, 2016, 04:14:39 pm »
The kind of signing I like, for Ł6m what is there to lose? If he's not that good a club on the continent will offer us a few million and if he's a star, well then we've had a bargain.

Not something i agree with but lets see how he gets on.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 6, 2016, 04:15:24 pm »
Not something i agree with but lets see how he gets on.

What don't you agree with? It's a low risk signing?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 6, 2016, 04:17:52 pm »
No tattoos. A change in signing policy going on here?

First thing that jumped right out at me when i saw the picture was his empty arms :)

Give it a few weeks with Skrtel and Bertie and he will be covered in the fuckers.

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #60 on: January 6, 2016, 04:17:58 pm »
Classic relaxed lean , Welcome to LFC Marko !!

Can he play in defence ?  ;D

no one is officially our player until the leaning pics are out.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 6, 2016, 04:18:16 pm »
What don't you agree with? It's a low risk signing?

The notion of signing players for that sort of price and saying its a no lose. I wouldnt want the club to be just signing players with that as the criteria.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 6, 2016, 04:19:50 pm »
The notion of signing players for that sort of price and saying its a no lose. I wouldnt want the club to be just signing players with that as the criteria.

Well I suspect the club's line of thinking is that of 'he's got massive potential'. I don't mind this kind of signing though for the reasons I set out, if you don't agree that's fair enough but I'm okay with us taking chances on players like Grujic

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 6, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »

Go and read his interview

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2016, 04:26:20 pm »
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »

If Klopp is behind it then i'll trust his judgement when I wouldn't with the assortment of Aspas, Alberto and Ricky Lambert type 'low risk signings' from the Rodgers/committee regime.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 6, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »

If he signed we will be clamouring for him to start. I know the Premier League isnt as good as some leagues but its a different world to the Serbian league.

Let him get a preseason, work on the training field and have the pressure on other new players.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 6, 2016, 04:28:53 pm »
If Klopp is behind it then i'll trust his judgement when I wouldn't with the assortment of Aspas, Alberto and Ricky Lambert type 'low risk signings' from the Rodgers/committee regime.

Indeed. Although looks as if he was lined up before Klopp arrived.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 6, 2016, 04:31:09 pm »

A couple of those are not even remotely comparable to Grujic. Aspas and Lambert were not highly rated youngsters. Alberto was somewhat similar in age, and a questionable attitude has held him back. Gomez is a more valid example

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 6, 2016, 04:31:37 pm »

Seemed all indications pointed to Buvic being a huge admirer of his and told Klopp about him

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 6, 2016, 04:32:02 pm »
Possibly, but they've already got the league in the bag and they're not in Europe, so what's the big deal? Either we want the player or not and paying an extra few quid to have him available for the 5 million games between now and the end of the season - and giving him time to adjust - may prove worthwhile.

It's like last year paying big money for Origi and then letting him stay at Lille for a year rather than letting our player get to grips with English fooball.
Because he is a local lad and would want to win the league with the team He grew up supporting  before moving next season .

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 6, 2016, 04:33:12 pm »

Read his interview and you'll understand why he want's to stay for the neat six months.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #72 on: January 6, 2016, 04:38:41 pm »

We probably don't have space to include him in the EL squad considering that we're only allowed 3 changes and none of Flanagan, Ilori, or Teixeira are in the team currently. Priority needs to be on a CB too.

Probably not the biggest factor but certainly something that was considered in deciding to let him stay in Serbia.

Worth keeping in mind that we only have two EL spaces available (ie. replacing Ings and Gomez), and are allowed to make 3 changes to the squad prior to playing Augsburg.

For some reason Flanagan was left off the squad so he'll probably be one of the three changes (though won't take one of those two spots as he can be listed as an academy product). It's really silly that he wasn't included before as it would have made no difference to the rest of our squad.

Presumably Ilori will take Gomez's place, so that leaves only one other additional space (ie. replacing Ings) and one of three possible changes. With that in mind signing a CB on loan (or someone permanent if it's Matip for example) would probably be the most sensible move to make.

If we want to make any more moves than that then that means that one or both of Flanagan and Ilori get omitted. It appears that Teixeira will struggle to make the squad again too fwiw, unless it's instead of Ilori, Flanagan, or a new CB.

Whatever happens there doesn't appear to be an awful lot of flexibility for Klopp to change the squad this month beyond one or maybe two signings, though it looks like an emergency CB will have to be prioritised.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 6, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »
Think people need to not class this as a January signing. He's a summer signing we've secured early on. It's obvious his heart was set on staying for the rest of the season, so we've just done what we need to do to make sure we have him for next season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 6, 2016, 04:41:51 pm »
Please be like Javi Martinez

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 6, 2016, 04:42:58 pm »

How? How does it look like that?

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 6, 2016, 04:43:24 pm »
Seemed all indications pointed to Buvic being a huge admirer of his and told Klopp about him
Not refuting but where/what are those indications other than country of origin?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 6, 2016, 04:45:02 pm »

Bit more of a box-to-box player than Martinez I'd say. Has something going both ways. Something I think is very important when playing as a two in midfield. Got a lot of similarities to Can in many ways.

Looks very good in the air too.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #78 on: January 6, 2016, 04:56:38 pm »
Please be like Javi Martinez Patrick Vieira.

;)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 6, 2016, 04:57:56 pm »
Once, just once, I'd love to see some new signing coming and having the cheek to be sarcastic with those awful interview questions that are always asked. Milner is as close as we've gotten with his fantastically boring answers.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp