Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1054734 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #14320 on: July 30, 2020, 06:28:21 pm »
LFC’s physio Christopher Rohrbeck has returned to Mainz 05.

No idea where to put that in the Liverpool forum, so I’m sticking it here  :P

https://twitter.com/1FSVMainz05/status/1288874494518534144?s=20

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:50:32 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #14322 on: August 1, 2020, 02:44:18 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14323 on: August 2, 2020, 04:21:11 am »
Former Schalke defender and World Cup winner Benedikt Howedes retires at 32:

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/benedikt-hoewedes-beendet-karriere-dann-habe-ich-die-volle-breitseite-bekommen-a-00000000-0002-0001-0000-000172270268

Sounds like the pandemic has seen him have a rethink about his priorities. He has a WC medal and is likely financially well-off. Looks like he's quit for family reasons. Another former German international opting to quit on their own terms

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14324 on: August 2, 2020, 04:53:42 am »
"I've noticed how it fills me with joy spending time with my son. All of a sudden, football seemed irrelevant to me," the 32-year-old told Spiegel. Good for him.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14325 on: August 2, 2020, 08:48:34 pm »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14326 on: August 4, 2020, 12:21:38 pm »
From Jan Aage Fjortoft twitter:
To sum up the transferdiscussions in Germany right now:

In the red corner, Bayern- BOSS Hoeness

- We buy players to make them Bayern-players. Dortmund buy them to make money

In the yellow corner, Dortmund- boss Zorc:

- That’s a very arrogant statement

To be continued

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14327 on: August 4, 2020, 12:29:03 pm »
From Jan Aage Fjortoft twitter:

Not sure about continued  ;D Zorc shut it down quite well yesterday.

Hoeness was being an arrogant tosser basically.

Not to say Dortmund may want to shift the focus of their model somewhat, but it’s so easy for Hoeness to talk the talk, and it’s probably the last thing Dortmund want is the old tax dodger sticking his nose in, and now of all times!

I’m surprised Fjortoft isn’t aware that Hoeness doesn’t work for Bayern anymore!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #14328 on: August 4, 2020, 12:42:57 pm »
Until Dortmund wins another title, I see their model purely as an academy who sometimes challenge for titles.

There is nothing wrong with that though, they are making lots of money doing this and it is a magnet for young talents who were looking to develop their football in a well supported club but a less pressurised environment.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14329 on: August 4, 2020, 01:17:54 pm »
Until Dortmund wins another title, I see their model purely as an academy who sometimes challenge for titles.

There is nothing wrong with that though, they are making lots of money doing this and it is a magnet for young talents who were looking to develop their football in a well supported club but a less pressurised environment.
The comparison he made is arrogant though. There is simply no way Dortmund could compete with Bayern financially, so they went with an approach that suits them and they benefit from it. They are now in a position where they could bring in the likes of Can, Brandt, Hummels- for a Bundesliga club not named Bayern this is remarkable.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14330 on: August 4, 2020, 01:24:35 pm »
yeah this is the thing, Dortmund need to, and are trying to I think, find that ‘happy medium’.

I think they are still massively conscious of what happened to them 15 years ago - and understandably, you don’t forget something like that, and especially as they are still led by the man who got them out of that terrible mess - Hans-Joachim Watzke.

It’s been a gradual process, still ongoing. Their fans frustrations has been more that they where not able to take advantage of Bayern having a couple of years of being a bit of a mess with multiple coaching changes. And they too of course also went through multiple coaches prior to that.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14331 on: August 4, 2020, 02:56:38 pm »
Hertha Berlin sign Alexander Schwolow from Freiburg

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14332 on: August 4, 2020, 03:13:26 pm »
such a shame for Freiburg, but they do tend to get over losing good goalies.

Schwolow could do so much better than Hertha, but then with their ‘new money’, I guess it makes then a more attractive prospect.  He had been heavily linked with Schalke too.  So maybe Hertha is the better bet  :P But he’s a cracking goalie. 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14333 on: August 4, 2020, 03:20:44 pm »
To be fair, I think most players would take a gamble on Hertha over Schalke right now

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14334 on: August 4, 2020, 03:33:20 pm »
To be fair, I think most players would take a gamble on Hertha over Schalke right now

yeah defo.

Schwolow would make a good goalie for a lot of clubs really. He’s far better than a lot of the ‘middling’ club goalies in the prem for instance. He’d be perfect for the likes of Everton, cos he’s massively better than what they have.

But can’t blame him for staying in Bundesliga. And the Hertha project could be quite exciting, although I am not convinced yet!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14335 on: August 4, 2020, 06:20:48 pm »
With you DG. Hertha are handing it out left, right and centre but it feels weird. Like it could go all wrong as we’ve seen at clubs time after time after time. I need to see it working for a few seasons.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14336 on: August 4, 2020, 06:23:27 pm »
And the Hertha project could be quite exciting, although I am not convinced yet!

Klinsmann (Klisma for Chops) gone, obvious step in the right direction... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14337 on: August 4, 2020, 06:34:12 pm »
With you DG. Hertha are handing it out left, right and centre but it feels weird. Like it could go all wrong as we’ve seen at clubs time after time after time. I need to see it working for a few seasons.

yeah! Need to see how things go there over the next couple seasons for sure. They have signed a lot of players in a short amount of time too, so that’s always going to take a while to settle. By the start of the new season they could have almost a whole new first 11 to the one they’d have had the previous year. The signing of Schwolow at least is a good sign, as he’s a very good goalie, who goes under the radar a bit in Germany. Get the feeling though that they will need a real ‘coup’ of a coaching/managerial signing to really get them going. And that’s always the toughest part, getting that right coach.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14338 on: August 4, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »
yeah! Need to see how things go there over the next couple seasons for sure. They have signed a lot of players in a short amount of time too, so that’s always going to take a while to settle. By the start of the new season they could have almost a whole new first 11 to the one they’d have had the previous year. The signing of Schwolow at least is a good sign, as he’s a very good goalie, who goes under the radar a bit in Germany. Get the feeling though that they will need a real ‘coup’ of a coaching/managerial signing to really get them going. And that’s always the toughest part, getting that right coach.
Jesse Marsch would be great for them

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14339 on: August 4, 2020, 07:34:27 pm »

yeah definitely. Wherever he goes next, I hope he does go back to the German Bundesliga as a head coach first, would be a logical step for sure. If he carries on going the way he is, there could be some decent competition for his services.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14340 on: August 4, 2020, 07:36:53 pm »
Would be great for most teams. Before Roger Schmidt went to PSV I really hoped they would bring him in, I miss him in the Bundesliga.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14341 on: August 6, 2020, 07:15:31 pm »
Max Kruse has joined Union Berlin

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14342 on: August 6, 2020, 07:16:48 pm »
Max Kruse has joined Union Berlin

I was half expecting Werder Bremen to beg him back again! They went to crap when he left.

Really good signing for Union.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #14343 on: August 6, 2020, 07:19:41 pm »
BBC article on Branko Zebec, who was Bayern manager when Bayern won there first Bundesliga title, & then won the title as Hamburg manager
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52970612
#Sausages

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14344 on: August 7, 2020, 05:33:08 pm »
They signed Robin Knoche on a free too.

Really smart business from Union.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14345 on: August 8, 2020, 12:31:45 pm »
Emre Can's debut goal against Bayer Leverkusen won the Bundesliga goal of the season:
https://twitter.com/bundesliga_en/status/1291753968205471744?s=21

Absolutely stunning, congrats Emre!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14346 on: August 10, 2020, 01:52:33 pm »
A couple of stories linking Ben Woodburn for a move to  Fortuna Dusseldorf. Liverpool have been impressed with how Ben has recovered from his injury and want to send him out on another loan. Could be an interesting experience for him with Dusseldorf desperate to get back into the Bundesliga.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14348 on: August 11, 2020, 12:53:25 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/fckoeln_en/status/1293131828841402369

:lmao

I love Effzeh  ;D

Just a great club, with great morals, and sticking it to an absolute prick!

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14349 on: August 12, 2020, 06:57:16 am »
https://mobile.twitter.com/fckoeln_en/status/1293131828841402369

:lmao

I don't see whatever it is that the person sees. I don't care though. Classy response from 1FC.Köln.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14350 on: August 13, 2020, 08:39:33 pm »
Looks like Zieler is joining Köln on loan

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #14351 on: August 13, 2020, 10:51:19 pm »
I don't see whatever it is that the person sees. I don't care though. Classy response from 1FC.Köln.
It’s got a faint outline in the kit of the Cologne city skyline, part of which is a mosque.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #14352 on: August 15, 2020, 12:35:27 am »
The Sancho deal is dead, barring something utterly dramatic.

The Dortmund squad is absolutely stacked for next season. Some of the best young players in the world in that squad, and a good amount of experience mixed in for good measure. I see it as the strongest Dortmund squad of all time.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's enough. It will take both a world-class squad and a world class manager to uppend Bayern. Dortmund have one, but not the other.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14353 on: August 15, 2020, 01:33:02 am »

The Dortmund squad is absolutely stacked for next season. Some of the best young players in the world in that squad, and a good amount of experience mixed in for good measure. I see it as the strongest Dortmund squad of all time.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's enough. It will take both a world-class squad and a world class manager to uppend Bayern. Dortmund have one, but not the other.

Is dortmund all that different next season than this season? I suppose they will have the blond haired kid all season. that's certainly a help. But defensively they seem weak

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #14354 on: August 15, 2020, 01:44:59 am »
Haaland, Sancho, Reyna, Zagadou, even Brandt is still young having just turned 24, then there's Bellingham coming into the right league for his ability and age, and Moukoko the 15 year old will probably end up getting an appearance or two as the hype around him is already starting. They've got an insane number of high level U-21s for their first team.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14355 on: August 15, 2020, 02:31:20 am »

It won't be enough, they missed their chance the last 2 years.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14356 on: August 15, 2020, 02:34:46 am »
Doesn't matter how ''stacked'' Dortmund are, they're not good enough in comparison to Bayern, and more importantly they got a fraud of a manager.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14357 on: August 15, 2020, 03:00:23 am »
Doesn't matter how ''stacked'' Dortmund are, they're not good enough in comparison to Bayern, and more importantly they got a fraud of a manager.

a favre of a manager...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14358 on: August 15, 2020, 07:11:31 am »
If Dortmund had one of Naglesmann or Rose in charge the Champions League final would of most likely been an all German affair.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14359 on: August 15, 2020, 10:01:49 am »
If Dortmund had one of Naglesmann or Rose in charge the Champions League final would of most likely been an all German affair.

And it still could well be.

Don't count RBL out.