Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 983687 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Attacking #20
« Reply #600 on: November 24, 2020, 10:47:48 am »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: November 24, 2020, 01:59:35 pm »
No-one's gonna run away from us in this league. We might just run away with it though, will massively depend on the state of the squad - especially over the next 2/3 months.

Spurs and Chelsea look so, so much more likely than City. City just look tired and un-imaginative.

This is what I think too.  If we can get through this period with all these injuries, and keep a relatively healthy squad going forward, we could very well run away with it again.  Add a CB in January and we'll be almost impossible to catch if we can stay healthy. 

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #602 on: November 24, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »
One game at a time, it's simple. This thinking (espoused by our manager and every one of our players no less) has served us well for years now. Forget this "we'll run away with.../ City or Chelsea or Spurs will do this/that blah blah" fucking nonsense bollocks. One game at a time.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #603 on: November 28, 2020, 02:26:45 pm »
The most incredible set of players and staff we'll ever have but might as well close this thread now, we simply won't be allowed to get near winning this.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #604 on: November 28, 2020, 02:30:09 pm »
It's going to take some doing. I don't see it happening unless we dip into the transfer market unfortunately.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #605 on: November 28, 2020, 02:34:32 pm »
Between injuries, fixture congestion and officiating, it’s going to be a tough ask.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: November 28, 2020, 02:35:12 pm »
It's going to take some doing. I don't see it happening unless we dip into the transfer market unfortunately.

Its going to be a proper title challenge this year. Ups and downs.  As frustrating today is, we are gonna have plenty of highs over the season.

We are still favourites.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2020, 02:35:37 pm »
This'll be our greatest title win. So many injuries it's ridiculous. Squad is so strong but we're only just hanging on. Just need to get through this next 6 weeks and if we're not leading the way, stay within touching distance.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #608 on: November 28, 2020, 02:35:39 pm »
It's the injuries that have fucked us, not VAR.  Hopefully Milner isn't out for too long.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #609 on: November 28, 2020, 02:37:17 pm »
Its going to be a proper title challenge this year. Ups and downs.  As frustrating today is, we are gonna have plenty of highs over the season.

We are still favourites.

To be honest, I don't see what that's based on. We have half our first team out and aren't exactly in spectacular form.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #610 on: November 28, 2020, 02:37:42 pm »
If we somehow touch lucky with injuries, and Thiago, Ox and Trent can come back in soon and add some freshness to the team, we'll be fine.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #611 on: November 28, 2020, 02:37:44 pm »
We would have been walking this league if the powers to be were competent enough to schedule the games with the players welfare in mind.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: November 28, 2020, 02:38:13 pm »
It's the injuries that have fucked us, not VAR.

;D ;D Fucked over in every game we've dropped points in but yeah, not VAR.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #613 on: November 28, 2020, 02:39:12 pm »
;D ;D Fucked over in every game we've dropped points in but yeah, not VAR.

There's no grand conspiracy.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: November 28, 2020, 02:39:53 pm »
After today, seeing how badly we have been effected by injuries, congestion, and refereeing, I have serious doubts we can do it.

But we are a world class team, and no one else has took a proper steps forward yet, so we may be able to drag ourselves over the line in spite of everything

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: November 28, 2020, 02:39:53 pm »
Attacking #20 against playing 11v15 every week, the injuries, the pathetic scheduling and the short sighted c*nts who voted against the 5 subs. Up the Reds!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: November 28, 2020, 02:40:26 pm »
There's no grand conspiracy.

No one said there was, but you were writing absolute bollocks. As usual.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: November 28, 2020, 02:41:48 pm »
we simply won't be allowed to get near winning this.

Yeah, the damn PL and referees causing injuries and costing us the title.  :no
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2020, 02:42:01 pm »
No one said there was, but you were writing absolute bollocks. As usual.

You were really close, 50/50 choice and you nearly picked the right one out of both of us for talking bollocks.  Better luck next time.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #619 on: November 28, 2020, 02:49:35 pm »
They're not going to let us win the league, but if we're being robbed like this every week we'll miss out on the 100 million cheque from the CL which means no money for players next year or for ARE.

This is just blatant robbery. I don't know if it's because of the club being part of these talks because United get gifted wins by VAR every week.

I'd be amazed if we finish top 4. How can we with our best players injured and playing against 13 every week (ref and VAR) That's not to say we won't because these players are amazing to even be out the bottom 3 given the injuries are blatant corruption.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: November 28, 2020, 02:53:12 pm »
Some of you are fucking idiots of the highest levels. Honestly, why dont you fuck off, you bunch of c*nts.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: November 28, 2020, 02:53:19 pm »
Still got massive belief in this side. Just one or two players back and things will be easier for us currently. It won't be like last season, but if anyone can do it, it's us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: November 28, 2020, 02:54:46 pm »
To be honest, I don't see what that's based on. We have half our first team out and aren't exactly in spectacular form.

Who should be favourites?

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: November 28, 2020, 02:55:29 pm »
Still got massive belief in this side. Just one or two players back and things will be easier for us currently. It won't be like last season, but if anyone can do it, it's us.

Precisely.

We get Trent, Thiago back and our fortunes will change drastically.

And by fortunes changing drastically, I mean winning each week instead of wins and draws. :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #624 on: November 28, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »
One game at a time, it's simple. This thinking (espoused by our manager and every one of our players no less) has served us well for years now. Forget this "we'll run away with.../ City or Chelsea or Spurs will do this/that blah blah" fucking nonsense bollocks. One game at a time.

Yup.   What was it Ferguson used to always say ... get into the new year staying in touch and run from there.

If we're anything like 5pts or less from the top come Feb/March I'd back us to go on and win it.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #625 on: November 28, 2020, 03:01:45 pm »
Van Dijk, Gomez, Hendo, Thiago, Fabinho, Matip, even Trent ,Alisson, Salah and Mane and now Milner missing games, you can make close to a first team of the currently injured players, and team that could beat anyone n the league. And yet, these players are out, and those that came in kept us at the top of the league. Contrast that with City, who had 3 injuries so far; where are they?

Just wait for a few on the list above to come back and we'll pull away from the rest.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: November 28, 2020, 03:02:22 pm »
The most incredible set of players and staff we'll ever have but might as well close this thread now, we simply won't be allowed to get near winning this.

EEEEEE striaght out of blue moon this mate.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: November 28, 2020, 03:02:52 pm »
We are top of the league, with plenty players to come back.

Enjoy, we will win the league. There isnt a side in this league better than us.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: November 28, 2020, 03:04:10 pm »
We are top of the league, with plenty players to come back.

Enjoy, we will win the league. There isnt a side in this league better than us.

It doesn't matter how good we are, if we're going to be cheated every week.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: November 28, 2020, 03:04:36 pm »
The refs aren't conspiring to have us lose the title. They've been shit for years for everyone. It is what it is.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: November 28, 2020, 03:07:31 pm »
It doesn't matter how good we are, if we're going to be cheated every week.

Yet we are still top and doing fine in the league.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: November 28, 2020, 03:07:56 pm »
Get the injured players back and sign a CB in January and attack the shit out of the league. Despite the best efforts of the refs, VAR, injuries and c*nt opposition players/managers we’re top of the league having played the likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Leicester. I hope Klopp and the team use this to put fire in their bellies and go all out to retain the title, that would be the ultimate fuck you to the rest.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: November 28, 2020, 03:09:25 pm »

You're wasting time with him. Negative situations fuel him. Even when they aren't any, he will find one.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: November 28, 2020, 03:13:09 pm »
Up against it big time.

I personally don't think we are favourites due to our injuries and it seems tight VAR decisions go against us every week, much more than our competitors... and our competitors are keeping their key players fit.

With that said, I don't see anyone as favourites...

Long season ahead, You'd assume decisions will start to go against others more in time, as well as them losing key players. if so, maybe then our superiority will rise to the top... If not, could be any of 4 teams winning it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #634 on: November 28, 2020, 03:18:49 pm »
We still have as good a chance as anyone. It’s clear everyone will drop more points. Had we drawn with Leicester and won today would it have felt better? Dropping 3 points at the death is shite, especially in the circumstances but we always normally overcome shot decisions.

Injuries are the problem, we just need to keep missing through, and we’ll still win more than most.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2020, 03:30:35 pm »
Seems so joyless at the moment, wasn't overly happy before the pen either since we've lost one more player to an injury. At this we'll be playing half the u20 in a month, incredible. I'm quite sure we'll see City as winners in the end due to having the biggest (quality wise at least) squad in combination with having more fortune with injuries so far.

Just so annoyed with whos bloody idea it was to extend the nightmarish december (that most managers usually complain about) to basically a december x 4. This is not the football anyone signed up to watch and we will for so many reasons not see Liverpool at their best for pretty much to whole season as a result.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2020, 03:30:42 pm »

There's only so much of this the lads and manager can take though if we're continued to get cheated every week and then it affects performances and morale.

Every time the ball goes into our box we expect a pen to be given. Every time we score we expect VAR to rule it out. VAR even tried its best to give Brighton a third penalty but the offside in the build up was too clear.

If we could believe it all evens out then you could give us the title now. But it doesn't. United's luck with VAR and the refs lasted a whole season and carried them to top 4 despite being terrible.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 03:33:06 pm by Fromola »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2020, 03:32:55 pm »
Having looked at the table, only Spurs can go clear of us (by 2 points) if they win tomorrow, Chelsea will be level with us and the rest are a little bit behind with a game in hand of course. All things considered we’re still very much on course to retain the title. It’s going to be bumpy shitty stop start season as we’ve already seen from the first 10 games. There are 28 games remaining, plenty of time, probably best we don’t even bother looking at the table right now. The injuries are a big worry for us, with no help from the useless authorities or fellow clubs it’s really down to luck how we cope and so far we’re struggling big time. It feels like plenty has gone against us so far this season but all things considered we’re in a pretty damn good position to retain the league so it’s not all doom and gloom. Stay positive fooks, Klopp will lead us to glory again.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2020, 03:33:00 pm »
You're wasting time with him. Negative situations fuel him. Even when they aren't any, he will find one.

This is the best time to be a liverpool supporter since 1991. Finally seen us win a league title, we've won big ears six times, world class manager and players and a competent board for once. Just enjoy the ride.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2020, 03:34:40 pm »
There's only so much of this the lads and manager can take though if we're continued to get cheated every week and then it affects performances and morale.

Every time the ball goes into our box we expect a pen to be given. Every time we score we expect VAR to rule it out.

If we could believe it all evens out then you could give us the title now. But it doesn't. United's luck with VAR and the refs lasted a whole season and carried them to top 4 despite being terrible.

What are they going to do? Hand back their wages and decide to go on sabbatical? Maybe they will leave Liverpool like the way Batman left Gotham in Batman Begins because they are all sick of it and need some enlightenment?

They are footballers and a manager that has won the Champions League, Premier League and are paid a shit tonne of money. They are revered and successful.

Also, they are top of the fucking league. United’s luck has carried them to the bottom half of the table. Well done to them and the league.