Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 63550 times)

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2023, 10:37:36 am »
If you're last on, all the overhead space is usually gone and you lose legroom.

You have stood for 40 minutes queuing though tiring legs more than a marginally reduced leg room, im 6ft 4 with long limbs and a very big willy, im fine.
No time for caution.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2023, 10:38:43 am »
Tik tok , is essentially jeremy Beadle.
No time for caution.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #602 on: March 19, 2023, 05:14:30 am »
good take but it builds on that in an even worse way - it's self-inserted, it's not someone else making 'you' look stupid, they do it to themselves intentionally or with breathtaking unawareness

the genius of the camera phone - a camera that turns the picture on you, enabling you to be ever present, the centre of every attention, where you photobomb every fucking thing you wish to record with your own ugly mug

the modern phenomemon of being the face of everything yet never looking in the mirror...

and yes of course, it can be used in a very positive beneficial way, like plastic, but maybe it was better left unmade
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #603 on: March 19, 2023, 06:56:21 pm »
Not sure if it's weird or annoying but how can so many people be so ignorant about nature or the natural world?

Especially people that spend time gardening.  Surely the two go hand in hand 🤷

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #604 on: March 19, 2023, 08:44:34 pm »
Tik tok , is essentially jeremy Beadle.

It's a Chinese military app and should be banned.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: March 21, 2023, 02:29:55 pm »
That Red Bull don't buy Osasuna, which is based in Pamplona. The marketing writes itself.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #606 on: April 12, 2023, 10:53:08 am »
now i don't mean to be insensitive here - i can hear you all say 'here we go' - but those tributes by the roadside when someone has obviously lost their life

of course it's sad and tragic and the family and friends need to visit that place of tribute because that's where their loved one sadly died

BUT

please, please, please - if i get run over crossing the road then do not make one for me

i do not want to be remembered being killed in a certain place and then have bunches (yes, there'd be many) of weathered dirty (think of all the crap that comes from cars and the like and the dirty roads) half-dead flowers which could be next to a dirty bin in a 'rough' estate with graffiti and litter and dog poo bags and pot holes etc

instead, remember me fondly (i'm sure you will) just do not make and then visit an awful tacky roadside tribute in my memory

thanks  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: April 12, 2023, 03:53:55 pm »
now i don't mean to be insensitive here - i can hear you all say 'here we go' - but those tributes by the roadside when someone has obviously lost their life

of course it's sad and tragic and the family and friends need to visit that place of tribute because that's where their loved one sadly died

BUT

please, please, please - if i get run over crossing the road then do not make one for me

i do not want to be remembered being killed in a certain place and then have bunches (yes, there'd be many) of weathered dirty (think of all the crap that comes from cars and the like and the dirty roads) half-dead flowers which could be next to a dirty bin in a 'rough' estate with graffiti and litter and dog poo bags and pot holes etc

instead, remember me fondly (i'm sure you will) just do not make and then visit an awful tacky roadside tribute in my memory

thanks  :wave

There's a fully white painted bike ghost bike, think Marty in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) white and you get the picture, chained to a post on Ashburton Road West in Trafford Park, round the corner from one of our depots. Has a photo of some bloke on it and white flowers, very weird to look at and not somewhere I'd want to remember a loved one
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 12, 2023, 04:51:35 pm »
There's a fully white painted bike ghost bike, think Marty in Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) white and you get the picture, chained to a post on Ashburton Road West in Trafford Park, round the corner from one of our depots. Has a photo of some bloke on it and white flowers, very weird to look at and not somewhere I'd want to remember a loved one

yeh seen them about

here's one from google

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #609 on: April 12, 2023, 06:11:14 pm »
Strange...just about to post about the 'ghost bike' before I went out before! They are left at the sight of where a cyclist was killed, quite a few about. I think they are very poignant and a reminder also to other road users to be careful when cyclists are about.

I wrote about them in a Road Safety book I did a few years ago, the book was dedicated to Bobby Colleran, who was killed in a road traffic accident outside his school in Liverpool. All the proceeds went to The Bobby Colleran Trust. Bobby was only 6, there are loads of tributes to him at the sight, but it's a lovely, tidy and well looked after sight.

The lovely illustration on the cover is 'Bobby's Tree' drawn by one of the pupils from Holly Lodge School.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:23:19 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 12, 2023, 06:39:45 pm »
Strange...just about to post about the 'ghost bike' before I went out before! They are left at the sight of where a cyclist was killed, quite a few about. I think they are very poignant and a reminder also to other road users to be careful when cyclists are about.

I wrote about them in a Road Safety book I did a few years ago, the book was dedicated to Bobby Colleran, who was killed in a road traffic accident outside his school in Liverpool. He was only 6, there are loads of tributes to him at the sight, but it's a lovely, tidy and well looked after sight.

The illustration on the cover is 'Bobby's Tree' drawn by one of the pupils from Holly Lodge School.

The one in Trafford Park is the only one I've ever seen - then again, I never get sent to Central London, so not too surprised.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #611 on: April 12, 2023, 07:34:42 pm »
The nearest Ghost Bike to me is in Page Moss. Seen a few more in Liverpool too over the years, quite spooky really.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 07:39:22 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #612 on: April 12, 2023, 07:36:54 pm »
I had a ghost bike outside my residence when I lived in a duplex, some idiot jumped the light and took out a cyclist right on the corner. I think it was there for a couple of months and then disappeared one day.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 12, 2023, 07:50:26 pm »

I wrote about them in a Road Safety book I did a few years ago, the book was dedicated to Bobby Colleran, who was killed in a road traffic accident outside his school in Liverpool. He was only 6, there are loads of tributes to him at the sight, but it's a lovely, tidy and well looked after sight.

The illustration on the cover is 'Bobby's Tree' drawn by one of the pupils from Holly Lodge School.

Yeah I think the ghost bikes are good - a sobering reminder for drivers to pay attention and for cyclists to remember they'r enot invincible. I thought it was just a Chicago thing. Agree with the general point about roadside memorials though

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #614 on: April 12, 2023, 07:54:52 pm »
People sat waiting to get past a police car thats blocking the road for a crash. It would have taken about 30 seconds more to turn around and reroute, yet 2 cars just sat there waiting for ages as if they were gonna be let out.

It’s the opposite of those people that speed up at the lights only to get through and get stuck at the next set of lights.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: April 18, 2023, 04:21:06 pm »
I was in York yesterday and seen this Big Issue seller.  I was stood along the road watching him for a while before I recorded him, I thought he was a bit weird but in a good way
   :D.

https://youtu.be/Mn93LGtZYFc

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 18, 2023, 06:13:14 pm »
I was in York yesterday and seen this Big Issue seller.  I was stood along the road watching him for a while before I recorded him, I thought he was a bit weird but in a good way

That's mad, who would've imagined your surname was Honeythunder.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #617 on: April 18, 2023, 07:15:26 pm »

This belongs in the Antaphasia thread. That guy can see the rave all around him and is totally immersed in the vibes.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: April 18, 2023, 10:15:07 pm »
That's mad, who would've imagined your surname was Honeythunder.
. . . . . or my first name was Luke   :P

Charles Dickens came up with lots of weird and wonderful names for his characters and I wanted a daft name for my YouTube channel, it was a toss up between Luke Honeythunder and Noddy Boffin.   :P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 18, 2023, 10:18:23 pm »
This belongs in the Antaphasia thread. That guy can see the rave all around him and is totally immersed in the vibes.
I don't recall seeing that thread Andy, I'm off to look for it now, thanks.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #620 on: April 19, 2023, 12:03:58 pm »
These two posts (from different threads), just an hour apart  :o

Buying televisions."  It's new and massive it's 5 inches bigger ", just move your sofa 5 inches closer to old television.

Cheers folks - those LGs were a bit out of my price range for now, so I've picked up a Panasonic LX650 to see me through the next year or two before upgrading to a higher-spec one. Went from 49" to 55" too, which is a treat.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #621 on: April 21, 2023, 06:34:55 pm »

Its no big issue mate
I just dont want a copy*

*I've never said this and always get one

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #622 on: April 22, 2023, 10:01:31 am »
People being massively excited about food

It's something you shove in your face so you can then go off and do something interesting instead
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 22, 2023, 10:07:29 am »
People being massively excited about food

It's something you shove in your face so you can then go off and do something interesting instead

i always thought you enjoyed mastication

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: April 22, 2023, 10:07:59 am »
People who don't get excited about food. One of life's greatest pleasures.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #625 on: April 22, 2023, 10:39:28 am »

I have just finished a bit of mastication, now I am going to have a shower, get a few pints in sunny Liverpool and then head to Anfield.

:)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #626 on: April 22, 2023, 11:26:54 am »
Mastic Bostick?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: April 23, 2023, 04:32:27 pm »
This could be one of the weirdest things that's ever happened to me.
This is the honest truth and it's fucking nuts.

I'd listened to the Forest Banner clip on TAW during the first half of the Newcastle / Spurs match.

Then in the second half when the camera went on to Sting, I didn't say anything but I thought of the Atletico Mince podcast with a smile. Then immediately, before the camera switched away from Sting my PC started playing the latest episode of Atletico Mince. You can see on the photo below I wasn't even on the AM page, I was still on TAW but you can see AM playing at the top.
I'd listened to it a couple of weeks ago when it came on so it wasn't downloaded ready to go, I haven't got auto-play on (even if that exists), my hand wasn't even on my mouse, I was having my tea.

It's fucking bonkers.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: April 23, 2023, 04:55:24 pm »

I'd listened to the Forest Banner clip on TAW during the first half of the Newcastle / Spurs match.

Then in the second half when the camera went on to Sting, I didn't say anything but I thought of the Atletico Mince podcast with a smile. Then immediately, before the camera switched away from Sting my PC started playing the latest episode of Atletico Mince. You can see on the photo below I wasn't even on the AM page, I was still on TAW but you can see AM playing at the top.
I'd listened to it a couple of weeks ago when it came on so it wasn't downloaded ready to go, I haven't got auto-play on (even if that exists), my hand wasn't even on my mouse, I was having my tea.

It's fucking bonkers.

I'd get onto the Geordie Heat squad.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2023, 04:56:10 pm »
How even though we as a species evolved to run and hunt, it's incredibly easy to turn and break an ankle.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2023, 04:59:02 pm »

It's fucking bonkers.

Think it's on autoplay (thats the two interweaved arrows on the left), and its playing your "library", which must have that episode in from when you listened to it.

Bit mad that it happend when you were thinking about it. Or maybe you started thinking about it because it started playing without you noticing?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2023, 05:12:20 pm »

It's fucking bonkers.

I was once reading a fiction book while listening to my iPod (with about 4,000 songs on it) playing on shuffle. The book had a random line in it about the song Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlan and the meaning behind it, and just as I read that line the song came on my iPod. I was so fucking freaked out!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: April 24, 2023, 09:04:42 am »
Think it's on autoplay (thats the two interweaved arrows on the left), and its playing your "library", which must have that episode in from when you listened to it.
Bit mad that it happend when you were thinking about it. Or maybe you started thinking about it because it started playing without you noticing?
The autoplay is off, I clicked on it after reading your reply and is boldens when on autoplay.
Seeing Sting in the Newcastle crown prompted my thought.
I was once reading a fiction book while listening to my iPod (with about 4,000 songs on it) playing on shuffle. The book had a random line in it about the song Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlan and the meaning behind it, and just as I read that line the song came on my iPod. I was so fucking freaked out!
That is also a bit mad isn't it. I suppose there are (extremely high) odds on that happening as you had it available to play, I've never experienced any podcast play on its own before.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: April 24, 2023, 12:11:54 pm »
The autoplay is off, I clicked on it after reading your reply and is boldens when on autoplay.
Seeing Sting in the Newcastle crown prompted my thought.That is also a bit mad isn't it. I suppose there are (extremely high) odds on that happening as you had it available to play, I've never experienced any podcast play on its own before.

Mate of mine once phoned his mum up and misdialled without realising it, this was in the days before mobiles. She was a home help lady and was round one of her old ladies houses when the phone rang. She answered it and it was my mate. She said "how did you know I was here" then he realised. That must be millions to one surely.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: April 24, 2023, 12:38:12 pm »

It's fucking bonkers.

I think the real question here is, who has their tea between 2 and 3 in the afternoon?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2023, 12:43:59 pm »

It's fucking bonkers.

Your chip activated successfully at 3 ;D

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2023, 02:52:26 pm »
I think the real question here is, who has their tea between 2 and 3 in the afternoon?
Although I do tend to make my tea quite early most days, Sunday lunch is always very early :)
Your chip activated successfully at 3 ;D
;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2023, 03:07:23 pm »
Although I do tend to make my tea quite early most days, Sunday lunch is always very early :)  ;D

Guess you’re in bed by 6 most nights at your age.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2023, 03:09:52 pm »
Guess you’re in bed by 6 most nights at your age.

You'll be the same soon ;)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2023, 08:33:17 pm »
Cheeky arse Nick :)