Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 602615 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: The small things (and the seven big things!) in life that make you happy
« Reply #7800 on: March 19, 2023, 12:45:01 pm »
It’ll be the rabies from the flying fox bite kicking in.

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7801 on: March 19, 2023, 01:52:07 pm »
You'll have to let me know when you're coffee so we can meet up for a coffee 👍
That would be lovely. ☺️👍
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7802 on: March 19, 2023, 01:56:24 pm »
It’ll be the rabies from the flying fox bite kicking in.
Talking of things that bite, Mrs Spion spotted a Moray Eel in his lair this afternoon. I had a look but didn't get too close. Same with the Lion Fish I came across. Spikey bugger he was.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7803 on: March 19, 2023, 02:27:42 pm »
That would be lovely. ☺️👍

Well that quote will go down as a 'I really should proof read before hitting post' moments but you understood what it should have said 😂

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7804 on: March 19, 2023, 02:32:47 pm »
😂

My phone often does that to me, so I have to go back and alter posts all the time.  ::)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7805 on: March 19, 2023, 02:44:38 pm »
😂

My phone often does that to me, so I have to go back and alter posts all the time.  ::)

Same here mate but it's all good 👍

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7806 on: March 19, 2023, 07:24:11 pm »
And if anybody local (or from further afield) fancies hanging out, I'm happy to meet up.  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7807 on: March 19, 2023, 07:54:11 pm »
Going abroad once a year used to keep me going. It was always something to look forward to. The pandemic ended that, as it did for the majority of us. This is our first since 2019. A special one for my 60th off Mrs S. It's not like we could afford this all the time. It's a one-off. It's been a bugger of a few years, so now it's time to relax for a short time. I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so here.

My Mum and brother are looking after the little man. Yes, it was a wrench to leave him because we'd really begun to bond. I didn't want to have to then disappear on him again, but there was no option. At least he knows my Mum though, and knows her house.

Funny enough, I had a dream last night that he was being looked after by So, Howard Phillips off RAWK. We called to pick him up when we got home and Howard lived in a house in Crosby that had an LFC sportswear shop upstairs.  :D
Maybe Howard owned Howard sports on south road? Very niche reference but there you go.
Sounds a cracking break though mate, enjoy.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7808 on: March 19, 2023, 10:00:23 pm »
I had a tour of the Tennents brewery in Glasgow today and really enjoyed it. Amazing history and good to see how it all happens.

They make 6.5 million cans of beer a week as well as 1.2 million pints of lager in kegs. Scotland has a population of just over 5 million. Go us.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7809 on: March 19, 2023, 10:07:05 pm »
And if anybody local (or from further afield) fancies hanging out, I'm happy to meet up.  8)

We all eventually meet up in Dream World.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7810 on: March 19, 2023, 10:09:03 pm »
😎👍

Cheers.

I was snorkelling in the shallows yesterday and a Ray that was bigger than a dining table swam past me. I'd just turned my underwater camera off too, so he was off before I could film him.  :butt

Careful you don't stand on one, we did a medivac of a kid from one of the islands yesterday who stood on a sting ray, severed his achilles tendon and the barb was stuck right in there, poor kid was screaming in pain.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7811 on: March 19, 2023, 10:11:25 pm »
Maybe Howard owned Howard sports on south road? Very niche reference but there you go.

Believe it or not I worked in 38 Church Road Crosby between 1974-1978.

I’m convinced Spion is one of those Stephen King characters with mind reading capabilities who originated in the far reaches of the universe.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7812 on: March 19, 2023, 10:49:28 pm »

I’m convinced Spion is one of those Stephen King characters with mind reading capabilities who originated in the far reaches of the universe.

What was there then? I lived in Crosby until '76.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7813 on: March 19, 2023, 10:55:10 pm »

SpionKnocker
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #7814 on: March 19, 2023, 11:12:46 pm »
I had a tour of the Tennents brewery in Glasgow today and really enjoyed it. Amazing history and good to see how it all happens.

They make 6.5 million cans of beer a week as well as 1.2 million pints of lager in kegs. Scotland has a population of just over 5 million. Go us.

Do they still have pictures of young ladies on the side

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7815 on: March 20, 2023, 06:32:49 am »
Careful you don't stand on one, we did a medivac of a kid from one of the islands yesterday who stood on a sting ray, severed his achilles tendon and the barb was stuck right in there, poor kid was screaming in pain.
I know what you mean. I'm always wary of where I choose to stand if I take a break from snorkelling. They have Stone Fish here too. There's just been some drama on the beach. I'm sitting in my hammock and hear lots of splashing about. It's two reef sharks that had run right up into a few inches of water then trying to get back in. Must have been chasing something. Amazing sight. Another five then cruised past. 🦈

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7816 on: March 20, 2023, 06:33:44 am »

I knew you were going to say that.  ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7817 on: March 20, 2023, 06:40:32 am »
That rings a bell, but I can't quite picture where it was. I bet you also remember Alibaba Records and Marina Records up by Waterloo station?

Yes, it's been lovely here. It's a relaxing, non pretentious resort island. For peace, quiet and nature its great. I just found the Flying Fox roost this morning, which was nice. All hanging upside down either preening or asleep. Mrs Spion and I just had a massage in the spa. Being battered by a five foot one girl never felt so good. 😃

I spotted a nice bird yesterday. Probably common here but anyway. I thought it was a cuckoo at first but it turns out it's a female Asian Koel. They are from the Cuckoo family though. The male is jet black with red eyes.They seem to congregate in a tree bearing red berries which the Flying Foxes also feed from in the evening.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:51:23 am by Son of Spion »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: March 20, 2023, 08:46:01 am »

:D What a coincidence, or maybe not….
That rings a bell, but I can't quite picture where it was. I bet you also remember Alibaba Records and Marina Records up by Waterloo station?

Yes, it's been lovely here. It's a relaxing, non pretentious resort island. For peace, quiet and nature its great. I just found the Flying Fox roost this morning, which was nice. All hanging upside down either preening or asleep. Mrs Spion and I just had a massage in the spa. Being battered by a five foot one girl never felt so good. 😃

I spotted a nice bird yesterday. Probably common here but anyway. I thought it was a cuckoo at first but it turns out it's a female Asian Koel. They are from the Cuckoo family though. The male is jet black with red eyes.They seem to congregate in a tree bearing red berries which the Flying Foxes also feed from in the evening.
Howard Sports was on South Rd on right hand side if you were heading away from the station towards the Liver. Those record shops ring a bell too, but I was more of a Crown records man.
Glad you’re having a good break, funnily enough we were looking at Maldives recently, you’ve picked the right time to go. Enjoy.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7819 on: March 20, 2023, 09:16:28 am »
Do they still have pictures of young ladies on the side

No, but they had old cans on display in the visitors centre. A lot more risque than I seem to remember at the time.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7820 on: March 20, 2023, 10:58:12 am »
:D What a coincidence, or maybe not….Howard Sports was on South Rd on right hand side if you were heading away from the station towards the Liver. Those record shops ring a bell too, but I was more of a Crown records man.
Glad you’re having a good break, funnily enough we were looking at Maldives recently, you’ve picked the right time to go. Enjoy.
I think I remember Howard Sports now. Ah, Crown Records. I knew Rob who owned it. A mate used to work there too.

Yes, definitely the right time to come here weather-wise. We made sure we researched that before we chose this month. This trip is for my birthday, which is in November. But the weather is not good here then so we put it off until now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #7821 on: March 20, 2023, 10:59:57 am »
Snowdrops. Birdsong. Windless, sunny afternoons on still-frozen lakes. This country is simply stunning - and the sun has already climbed surprisingly high into the sky.

Happy equinox, peeps. 🌞

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7822 on: March 20, 2023, 11:10:47 am »
Snowdrops. Birdsong. Windless, sunny afternoons on still-frozen lakes. This country is simply stunning - and the sun has already climbed surprisingly high into the sky.

Happy equinox, peeps. 🌞
That sounds beautiful. 🌞👍

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7823 on: March 20, 2023, 11:28:09 am »

Happy equinox, peeps. 🌞

I really want to visit Estonia, it sounds like my kind of place 😁

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7824 on: March 20, 2023, 12:25:18 pm »
I think I remember Howard Sports now. Ah, Crown Records. I knew Rob who owned it. A mate used to work there too.

Yes, definitely the right time to come here weather-wise. We made sure we researched that before we chose this month. This trip is for my birthday, which is in November. But the weather is not good here then so we put it off until now.

Ah, I remember him - never the cheapest Rob. Used to love browsing in there. Enjoy the rest of your break

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7825 on: March 20, 2023, 12:49:45 pm »
I really want to visit Estonia, it sounds like my kind of place 😁
I'll gladly show you or anyone else around. visitestonia

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7826 on: March 20, 2023, 01:39:10 pm »
I'll gladly show you or anyone else around. visitestonia

When would you say is the best time to visit Jim? 

I'm guessing mid to late spring for clear air and everything coming to life after the winter?  I'm not bothered about heat just clear sunny days 😁

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7827 on: March 20, 2023, 01:58:13 pm »
When would you say is the best time to visit Jim? 

I'm guessing mid to late spring for clear air and everything coming to life after the winter?  I'm not bothered about heat just clear sunny days 😁
Late May/early June then, when everything has bloomed (oaks are traditionally the last to do so) and the multitudinous shades of green are at their most vivid, before the parching that usually occurs in July which dulls that vibrancy.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7828 on: March 20, 2023, 06:03:43 pm »
Love that site

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/Liverpool

Yep, it's great. Was reading about Greek mythology recently. Madness the stuff they got up to!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7829 on: March 20, 2023, 06:09:52 pm »
Late May/early June then, when everything has bloomed (oaks are traditionally the last to do so) and the multitudinous shades of green are at their most vivid, before the parching that usually occurs in July which dulls that vibrancy.

Sounds perfect mate I'll have a look at flights 👍

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #7830 on: March 21, 2023, 08:21:47 pm »
Walked through my local park tonight and was pleased to see a gang of teenagers drinking vodka, smoking spliffs and having a laugh. Nobody staring at their phone.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7831 on: March 21, 2023, 08:30:05 pm »
Walked through my local park tonight and was pleased to see a gang of teenagers drinking vodka, smoking spliffs and having a laugh. Nobody staring at their phone.

😂

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7832 on: March 22, 2023, 12:34:39 pm »
Waking up in Liverpool

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7833 on: March 24, 2023, 08:10:41 pm »
WSL derby match live on Viaplay and with English comms :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: March 24, 2023, 08:11:09 pm »
YES!!!!!! Stengel! What strength to do that - exquisite finishing! 1-1

(Some debate about her coming back from offside but I'm confident VAR would have let that go, since there was a deflection from an EFC player on the way through, so fuck off :wave)

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7835 on: March 24, 2023, 11:31:51 pm »
Taking my 3 year old for her first game tomorrow at Anfield for the Legends match. Normally she is in the car while I am dropped off and is upset she can't go. I am looking forward to Saturday morning when I grab her Liverpool stuff, which I have surreptitiously washed this week, and say you are joining us today.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7836 on: March 25, 2023, 08:45:44 am »
I love this. 

What a superb way to deal with scum who think it's ok to push their ideals onto any community.

BBC News - Patriotic Alternative: The town fighting the far-right with Welsh cakes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65057093

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #7837 on: March 27, 2023, 09:31:03 am »
Watching Jordan Henderson walk during matches

its like he's on GTA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7838 on: March 27, 2023, 10:23:13 am »
Watching Jordan Henderson walk during matches

its like he's on GTA
:lmao oh yeah, you're right!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7839 on: March 27, 2023, 02:26:56 pm »
damned gate-ists.