Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607026 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #7600 on: February 19, 2023, 07:27:58 pm »
having a pint with my next door neighbour and having a warm discussion about the neighbour on the other side

That, to me. Is how it should be - know your neighbours

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7601 on: February 21, 2023, 12:40:56 pm »
Freshly made pancakes with lemon and sugar 😊

Thank you Jesus for going into the wilderness for 40days 👍

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7603 on: February 21, 2023, 05:48:08 pm »
Spotting a Ferrari California with an LFC number plate just now.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7604 on: February 21, 2023, 09:57:35 pm »
Hearing Anfield sing YNWA to support the lads after a battering, while online fans get their scapegoating underway long before full time and sharpen their steely knives for the feast
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7605 on: February 21, 2023, 09:58:13 pm »
Hearing Anfield sing YNWA to support the lads after a battering, while online fans get their scapegoating underway long before full time and sharpen their steely knives for the feast

It was great to see that, was proud of them tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7606 on: February 21, 2023, 09:59:10 pm »

Quite something to see every topic greyed out because the same whinging spoilt brats can’t even wait until full time to pile on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7607 on: February 21, 2023, 09:59:32 pm »
It was great to see that, was proud of them tonight.

What sets us aside from others
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7608 on: February 21, 2023, 10:00:57 pm »
Quite something to see every topic greyed out because the same whinging spoilt brats can’t even wait until full time to pile on
It's proper grim. Still not sure quite what Gomez is supposed to have done
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7609 on: February 21, 2023, 10:02:49 pm »
What sets us aside from others

If only that was true in other places.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7610 on: February 21, 2023, 10:03:33 pm »

Gomez has been a scapegoat for most of the season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7611 on: February 21, 2023, 10:15:00 pm »

I think it’s the glee that certain posters take in ‘being right’ when things go badly for us. Just bizarre. You’ve got Gerry crowing that he’s not surprised, KH prancing about in the transfer thread I assume mocking something Peter posted, that LallanaPyjama guy showing his face for the first time in months :D I mean…why bother if the only thing that gets you off is your team failing? There’s a far, far more suitable team to support and the beauty is they’re literally a few feet away
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7612 on: February 21, 2023, 10:20:36 pm »
I think it’s the glee that certain posters take in ‘being right’ when things go badly for us. Just bizarre. You’ve got Gerry crowing that he’s not surprised, KH prancing about in the transfer thread I assume mocking something Peter posted, that LallanaPyjama guy showing his face for the first time in months :D I mean…why bother if the only thing that gets you off is your team failing? There’s a far, far more suitable team to support and the beauty is they’re literally a few feet away
yep.  it's a fucking sickness.  and makes you want to puke.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7613 on: February 21, 2023, 10:27:22 pm »
Yeah some of them love it. They're properly in their element at times like this.

I'll never understand it. As fans aren't we brought up with the idea that when your team and players are going through tough times or adversity you close ranks round them and support them. And to take the bad moments with equanimity just as we react with ecstasy to the good ones?  Kind of thought that's what being a fan meant.

It's a bad scoreline for the record books, sure, and they did a bit of a number on us. But they had amazing, almost preternatural good fortune in moments as well. Apart from Ali's miskick nothing any one of our players did really seemed specifically bad. It was just a combination of lots of little moments.

If there's one game it reminds me of it's the 7-2 loss to Villa, where every deflection seemed to go in

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7614 on: February 21, 2023, 10:30:49 pm »
I think it’s the glee that certain posters take in ‘being right’ when things go badly for us. Just bizarre.
Similar happened under Rafa on here iirc.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7615 on: February 21, 2023, 10:31:56 pm »
None of this makes me happy, get away from the happy thread, unhappy people.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7616 on: February 21, 2023, 10:32:19 pm »
Similar happened under Rafa on here iirc.
Which reminds me that the "I'm not saying Klopp should go, but..." posts might well start appearing again soon

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7617 on: February 21, 2023, 10:34:32 pm »
Heh it started with us being happy about Anfield supporting the lads with noise and song and some words about, I think, never walking alone, which a lot of people here could do with pondering upon

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7618 on: February 21, 2023, 10:42:08 pm »
Yeah some of them love it. They're properly in their element at times like this.

I'll never understand it. As fans aren't we brought up with the idea that when your team and players are going through tough times or adversity you close ranks round them and support them. And to take the bad moments with equanimity just as we react with ecstasy to the good ones?  Kind of thought that's what being a fan meant.

It's a bad scoreline for the record books, sure, and they did a bit of a number on us. But they had amazing, almost preternatural good fortune in moments as well. Apart from Ali's miskick nothing any one of our players did really seemed specifically bad. It was just a combination of lots of little moments.

If there's one game it reminds me of it's the 7-2 loss to Villa, where every deflection seemed to go in

You're dead right this is how you support your team. Take the bad with the good, it's all part of the fun. It's a shitty feeling getting beat at anytime, regardless of the score or opposition. Granted, hammerings hurt a bit more but you have to keep going. It can't always be good all of the time. There's a clue in the name "supporter". If you want your team to fail then they're not really your team are they? Go be negative somewhere else. Support this club or sod off!!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 10:44:03 pm by SvenJohansen »
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7619 on: February 21, 2023, 10:45:18 pm »

You're dead right this is how you support your team. Take the bad with the good, it's all part of the fun. It's a shitty feeling getting beat at anytime, regardless of the score or opposition. Granted, hammerings hurt a bit more but you have to keep going. It can't always be good all of the time. There's a clue in the name "supporter". If you want your team to fail then they're not really your team are they? Go be negative somewhere else. Support this fucking club!!!

Nice ones both :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7620 on: February 21, 2023, 10:49:34 pm »

In that vein, watching a film or reading a book or listening to something you connect with. Most of the time I don't - it usually varies from 'that was a bit rubbish' to 'That was good, I enjoyed that'. But when it's something that gets to your heart, it's great, even if it makes you feel emotional.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7621 on: February 22, 2023, 09:02:52 am »
Jurgen delivered what he said
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7622 on: February 22, 2023, 12:10:53 pm »
I was on a plane the other day and watched the film "Yesterday".  second time I've seen it - both times on a plane.

it's pretty daft but I really really enjoyed it.  reminds you just how many out-of-this-world songs the Beatles wrote and performed.  plus some nice bits filmed in Liverpool.

I highly recommend it

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #7623 on: February 22, 2023, 12:31:18 pm »
I was on a plane the other day and watched the film "Yesterday".  second time I've seen it - both times on a plane.

it's pretty daft but I really really enjoyed it.  reminds you just how many out-of-this-world songs the Beatles wrote and performed.  plus some nice bits filmed in Liverpool.

I highly recommend it
100% agree - that lad can sing!!!!!!

Oh and another small thing that makes me happy today is seeing all the hostility, hyperbole and hysteria on the main forum and genuinely not giving a shit any more :wave

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7624 on: February 22, 2023, 12:32:59 pm »
100% agree - that lad can sing!!!!!!

Oh and another small thing that makes me happy today is seeing all the hostility, hyperbole and hysteria on the main forum and genuinely not giving a shit any more :wave
on that note - the "Small things in life that make you happy" thread is making me happy today.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7625 on: February 22, 2023, 01:33:22 pm »
Finally getting my new windows and sliding door installed.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #7626 on: February 22, 2023, 01:52:43 pm »

i know - that can be a real pane
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7627 on: February 22, 2023, 01:53:45 pm »
buying new runners and running your usual route 5 mins faster on monday

then going even faster today despite some hold backs
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: February 22, 2023, 01:54:40 pm »

I can finally see the light ...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7629 on: February 22, 2023, 01:55:37 pm »
In before the lock........s are changed.......?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: February 22, 2023, 01:56:31 pm »

:lmao nice!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7631 on: February 22, 2023, 02:04:51 pm »
nicely played
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7632 on: February 22, 2023, 05:57:55 pm »
I once got accused of stealing some double glazing.

I was definitely framed.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7633 on: February 22, 2023, 06:09:17 pm »

I was definitely framed.

;D

Jeremy Beadle up to his old tricks?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7634 on: February 22, 2023, 08:52:08 pm »
Clapping the team off win, lose or draw and seeing your mates doing the same thing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7635 on: February 22, 2023, 08:58:24 pm »
Browsing TV Tropes.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7636 on: February 22, 2023, 10:05:58 pm »

I was definitely framed.
Don't be silly.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7637 on: February 22, 2023, 11:18:30 pm »
Don't be silly.
a bad thing to allege, is that.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7638 on: February 22, 2023, 11:25:33 pm »
a bad thing to allege, is that.
I burned all my old fashioned windows when I upgraded to triple glazing.

Sashes to sashes...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)