Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 327723 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #5520 on: March 3, 2023, 08:59:01 am »
One for Jim/Nobby. Seeing as all the press has gone with the Day After Tomorrow scenario and we're getting the beast from the east, 500ft snowdrifts and all going to freeze in our beds, whats the actual outlook for the next few days?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5521 on: March 3, 2023, 09:09:51 am »
As usual, the media are embarrassing themselves over the possibility of a few chilly days and some possible snow.

'Beast From The East' nonsense, completely disregarding the fact this weather will be coming from the north. I suppose they couldn't find a catchy enough rhyme for that.  ::)

Look at the media and it's end of days. Look at the actual weather forecast and it will be a bit colder next week for a few days. Above freezing with maybe sleet or some snow for some places.

No doubt they'll all focus on scenes from high ground and then make out the entire country is buried under 10ft drifts.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5522 on: March 3, 2023, 09:26:15 am »
It's pathetic isn't it. The whole point of the weather forecast is to give us an idea of what weather we are likely to get, not what will never happen. They'll be putting them in their Canada Goose coats and sending them to Aviemore to report on the blizzards.....

This country is going to the fucking dogs with the idiots being brought up :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5523 on: March 3, 2023, 09:31:37 am »
Watched the Day after Tomorrow a couple of weeks ago so that's me prepared. Although which book to burn last could keep me awake. Still at least the toilet roll number will see us through.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5524 on: March 3, 2023, 09:33:57 am »
Yep. Utterly, depressingly pathetic. Everything, even the damn weather, has to be hyped up and sensationalised.

I get sick of seeing end of days headlines, only to then look at a credible forecast which says nothing of the sort.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5525 on: March 3, 2023, 09:41:12 am »
As usual, the media are embarrassing themselves over the possibility of a few chilly days and some possible snow.

'Beast From The East' nonsense, completely disregarding the fact this weather will be coming from the north. I suppose they couldn't find a catchy enough rhyme for that.  ::)

Look at the media and it's end of days. Look at the actual weather forecast and it will be a bit colder next week for a few days. Above freezing with maybe sleet or some snow for some places.

No doubt they'll all focus on scenes from high ground and then make out the entire country is buried under 10ft drifts.
Spot on, I checked the met office yesterday. Likely snow over Scottish hills. Doom laden weather reporting is just another source of clickbait these days. Pathetic.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5526 on: March 3, 2023, 03:29:36 pm »
One for Jim/Nobby. Seeing as all the press has gone with the Day After Tomorrow scenario and we're getting the beast from the east, 500ft snowdrifts and all going to freeze in our beds, whats the actual outlook for the next few days?
Well, we have a blizzard, minus 15 windchill and 55kmh winds this weekend. Next week I'm going to my old haunt of Skellefteå for the weekend. Minus 20 there. Doubtless the UK media will try to make out you have it worse 🤔😅

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5527 on: March 3, 2023, 04:56:49 pm »

It's unlikely that the snowmageddon scenarios in some of the print media will come off for the vast majority of people.

Initially colder with snow showers possible anywhere from Monday night. Likely heavy and prolonged in much of Scotland.

There's some consistent modelling of a low pressure moving west to east across the southern half of the UK on Wed/Thur. This looks probable to have a very active front ahead of it. If that happens, areas just to the north of the centre of the low will see a period of heavy snow, as the cold flow from the north interacts with the front. The latest output chart puts the heaviest snow across the Midlands/Wales:

The exact path of the low is still not clear, though, and different models/runs are showing differences. Even 50 or 100 miles (nothing in a global meteorological sense) will make a major difference locally (100 miles could cover dry/light snow to snow to sleet/rain). Subsequent model output might lessen the feature to very little. Or it may push the low further north and allow the milder air to get further north.

After that, another feature is being modelled to move more on a WSW to ENE line, and on a path tracking further north over the UK. This again forecast to have snow on its leading/northern boundary as it runs into the colder air.

But it does pull even milder air in behind, so any frontal snow would fairly quickly turn to rain:

After that low, the flow becomes rather slack with neither high nor low pressure covering us. Scotland continues in the cold air, though, so all the snow showers and more frontal snow will continue to accumulate. Some of the depths being modelled are impressive:

That's just one run from one model, and there's a lot of uncertainty.

I think most places will see some snow falling. Where gets the heaviest is still undecided. We should know more detail by the end of the weekend.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5528 on: March 3, 2023, 05:00:40 pm »
For interest, this is the latest run from a different model, around the same Thursday timeframe:

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5529 on: March 3, 2023, 05:33:29 pm »
Fucking freezing here and now we have a week of rain to look forward to.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5530 on: March 7, 2023, 08:56:01 am »
Woke up to 3-4 inches of snow today, and the office is closed, everyone to work from home.  :D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5531 on: March 7, 2023, 09:08:13 am »
Early morning run round the park this morning was punishing, absolutely freezing.
But by 8.30 my solar butterflies were spinning in the slight warmth of the low sun.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5532 on: March 7, 2023, 10:42:13 am »
Snowdonia is looking wonderful in it's white winter coat this morning. 😎

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5533 on: March 7, 2023, 11:11:01 am »
Reckon I'll try to make the most of the sunshine today. No way I want to go far if it's cold, wet and snowy. Thank goodness the temperature is set to hit double figures by Sunday. At least it wont last long, even if the temperature dips again.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5534 on: March 7, 2023, 03:41:57 pm »
Forecast is, snow from early Thursday morning, turning into sleet mid morning, then rain from early afternoon.

Tonight though freezing with low -3.
#Sausages

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5535 on: March 7, 2023, 06:44:26 pm »
It became really, really pleasant this afternoon by about 2.00, but fuck me I've just popped outside and it's freezing now.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5536 on: March 7, 2023, 06:55:05 pm »
Been a fabulous warm sunny day here today.  Lambs being born, snow on Eryri, spent the day in the garden then for a walk to the beach.

To top it all the full moon reflecting on the sea ☺️

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5537 on: March 8, 2023, 07:21:23 am »
It's snowing!

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5538 on: March 8, 2023, 07:59:48 am »
-7 degrees here this morning and I forgot gloves on the way work. Feel like my fingers are about to drop off.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5539 on: March 9, 2023, 04:50:33 am »
Not far off now were the days are longer than the nights. :)
#Sausages

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5540 on: March 9, 2023, 06:27:57 am »
Flying back to Skellefteå for the weekend.

It's minus 20 😭

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5541 on: March 9, 2023, 08:00:40 am »
It's fucking awful here with blizzard style sleet hitting you when you open the door. 

Need all my arctic gear on now to take the dogs for a walk, the big pussies won't go outside otherwise 😟

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5542 on: March 9, 2023, 08:01:25 am »
Flying back to Skellefteå for the weekend.

It's minus 20 😭

Almost tropical  :D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5543 on: March 11, 2023, 08:41:09 am »
Pissing down and blowing a gale here.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5544 on: March 11, 2023, 12:31:19 pm »
Working today, just doing local runs,  weather been nice, dry, sun, about 6c

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5545 on: March 11, 2023, 12:32:33 pm »
Pissing down and blowing a gale here.

That arrives here overnight and is on and off every day till Tuesday.

Happy fucking days .... Not!!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5546 on: March 11, 2023, 04:28:14 pm »
Sleeting at ours now and gone cold again - only had a short shift today, so sat all warm on the couch

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5547 on: March 11, 2023, 05:18:18 pm »
That arrives here overnight and is on and off every day till Tuesday.

Happy fucking days .... Not!!

I think we've got a week of it to look forward to.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5548 on: March 12, 2023, 01:00:32 pm »
Can one of our weather gurus give us any good news for some warmer, calmer weather soon please?

It's really getting me down now and need something to look forward to ☺️

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5549 on: March 15, 2023, 07:58:43 am »
They weren't wrong about the weather being shite this week.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5550 on: March 16, 2023, 09:47:08 am »
What a miserable bastard day this is. 

Windy, very wet, cold and grey and there's at least another 2wks of it in the forecast. 

For the Love of god I need some warmth and sunshine to get my veggies planted ffs 🌞🌞🌞

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5551 on: March 16, 2023, 04:25:24 pm »
Around Lark Lane it seems that any flower that wasn't a daffodil has been killed by the cold snap. I hope they have fared better elsewhere. :(

At least the temperatures look a lot more respectable for the time of year in the coming weeks, even though it's going to carry on pissing down.

Popcorn's Art

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5552 on: March 17, 2023, 11:37:58 am »
Great weather here today in Manchester. My thermometer is reading 17 degrees. Off for a 50 mile bike ride at 2pm - heading to Jodrell Bank and looping round home via Alderley Edge. Looks like the rain is due at 6pm so it'll be good to get out in the gap.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5553 on: March 17, 2023, 03:18:42 pm »
in liverpool - just walking back enjoying the sun when a hailstone storm breaks out for 5 minutes

wha?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5554 on: March 17, 2023, 03:53:03 pm »
Beautiful here on Anglesey too despite saying rain all day on the forecast.

Bit windy though 🤷

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5555 on: March 17, 2023, 07:32:18 pm »
We're currently enjoying our 2nd False Spring. We usually get about four of these, interspersed with lots of sleet, snow, ice, freezing rain, thaw, repeat - until BANG one day it's summer. Weird place this.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5556 on: March 18, 2023, 05:56:13 am »
From today & for the next 6 months the days are now longer than the nights. 8)
#Sausages

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5557 on: March 18, 2023, 08:17:13 am »
From today & for the next 6 months the days are now longer than the nights. 8)

trouble is... i work days so not all good
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5558 on: March 18, 2023, 10:38:20 am »
It actually feels and sounds like spring here this morning.  Birds singing and quarrelling, lambs bleeting and the sun's shining 😁

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5559 on: March 18, 2023, 12:16:14 pm »
Lovely sunny start here, but it's already clouded over. Heavy rain is forecast to close in this afternoon and this evening. :(

Popcorn's Art