Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 331114 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #5480 on: February 22, 2023, 03:10:44 pm »
A cold spell looking likely end of Feb/early March
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5481 on: February 22, 2023, 04:32:24 pm »
A cold spell looking likely end of Feb/early March

Yep winds turned from the usual South/South Westerly to North/North Easterly for the next couple of weeks with 50mph gales here on a couple of days.

We've not had that strength of winds from that direction whilst we've been here so it's going to be interesting to see how the garden holds up 🤔

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5482 on: February 22, 2023, 08:02:09 pm »
First time I've put the heating on since Friday evening. Can't complain really. It is still technically winter after all, even if there are flowers out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5483 on: February 22, 2023, 10:33:38 pm »
Yesterday it reached +20 and sunny on the SLO / CRO border where I used to live. Was gorgeous. Then 6 hours later I landed in Tallinn to -12 and a snowstorm. In a few days it will be +10 here.

Totally nuts.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5484 on: February 23, 2023, 10:32:44 am »
Put on me shorts

Still a bit cold, but feels right

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5485 on: February 23, 2023, 11:22:52 am »
Put on me shorts

Still a bit cold, but feels right
You know, if you iron them, they'll feel warmer...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5486 on: February 24, 2023, 09:22:16 pm »
Jim, this is one of the perturbations on the GFS ensembles. Be quite the blizzard!!

Just once, I'd like to see one of these come off. Be utter chaos.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5487 on: February 24, 2023, 09:26:16 pm »
Jim, this is one of the perturbations on the GFS ensembles. Be quite the blizzard!!

Horrific if that happens. Thankfully 11.03 is so far off it falls under the realm of science fiction 🤣

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5488 on: February 24, 2023, 10:03:07 pm »
When are we going to see some warm weather arriving then?  It's showing max 7/8° daytime here for the next 2wks 😯😔🥶

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5489 on: February 24, 2023, 10:06:09 pm »
For the lay person can you describe exactly what you'd love to see come off please?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5490 on: February 24, 2023, 10:18:32 pm »
For the lay person can you describe exactly what you'd love to see come off please?

A blizzard. I love snow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5491 on: February 25, 2023, 12:10:02 am »
A blizzard. I love snow.
Again, for context, do you mean a blizzard so unusual we've never seen as such before?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5492 on: February 25, 2023, 08:06:59 am »
Again, for context, do you mean a blizzard so unusual we've never seen as such before?
It would at least feel apocalyptic, with a combo of heavy snow and strong winds the degree of which would likely be unprecedented in the UK. A killer. Perhaps record breaking.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5493 on: February 25, 2023, 09:20:24 am »
It would at least feel apocalyptic, with a combo of heavy snow and strong winds the degree of which would likely be unprecedented in the UK. A killer. Perhaps record breaking.

Nice of Nobby to want us to all freeze to death so he gets to see a blizzard 🥶
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5494 on: February 25, 2023, 10:17:57 am »
You do know I have no control over the weather?  ;)

You can breathe easy, though. That chart is not going to happen.

Each weather output model generates its operational run, but also runs a control plus a number of different 'perturbations' (each starting off from a very slightly different starting point). Collectively these form the 'ensembles'.

When there's the synoptics of a cold set-up around, you'll always get some perturbations showing a 'snowmageddon' scenario. That's what that chart I posted was. They never come off.

With regards to the actual forecast for here, over the last few runs the models have backed away somewhat from a cold spell. Still forecast for high pressure over the UK to retrogress  North-westwards, introducing a cold, northerly airflow, but high pressure to the south looks likely to be pumping warm air northwards. We're currently looking like we'll be in a broad band of in-between both. Southern England may get warmer temps; Scotland may get colder and snowier.

It's very fluid, though, with small changes making big adjustments to the weather on the ground. As such, models are flip-flopping run to run, so we're still seeing some wintry runs, but also some more spring-like runs.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5495 on: February 25, 2023, 10:23:17 am »

You can breathe easy, though. That chart is not going to happen.

Each weather output model generates its operational run, but also runs a control plus a number of different 'perturbations' (each starting off from a very slightly different starting point). Collectively these form the 'ensembles'.

When there's the synoptics of a cold set-up around, you'll always get some perturbations showing a 'snowmageddon' scenario. That's what that chart I posted was. They never come off.

With regards to the actual forecast for here, over the last few runs the models have backed away somewhat from a cold spell. Still forecast for high pressure over the UK to retrogress  North-westwards, introducing a cold, northerly airflow, but high pressure to the south looks likely to be pumping warm air northwards. We're currently looking like we'll be in a broad band of in-between both. Southern England may get warmer temps; Scotland may get colder and snowier.

It's very fluid, though, with small changes making big adjustments to the weather on the ground. As such, models are flip-flopping run to run, so we're still seeing some wintry runs, but also some more spring-like runs.

According to the wankstain who does the weather for the Mirror, I assume its the same utter bellsplash who does the Express and always takes the worst case scenario and prints that, then yes it will ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5496 on: February 25, 2023, 10:27:25 am »
I've heard tell of snow towards the end of March. I'm relieved to see the odds are against it!

As for the temps, 8 degrees isnt so bad; it looks set to be mostly cloudy with sunny spells for a few weeks, and the days will continue to brighten. Much better than the solid wall of grim rain we had a month or two ago.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5497 on: February 25, 2023, 10:32:14 am »
You'd have to wear your insulated shorts.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5498 on: February 25, 2023, 10:46:30 am »
You'd have to wear your insulated shorts.  ;)

Just the thicker Adidas ones, they're almost knee length too.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5499 on: February 25, 2023, 10:57:43 am »
I need more shorts with fastenable pockets

I got good Nikes

THIS TIME NEXT WEEK I LIVE IN SEFTON PARK

Well ready for some heat. Getting a bit cold at night if I'm out but that's why god made women coats

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5500 on: February 25, 2023, 11:02:21 am »

I got good Nikes

Well ready for some heat. Getting a bit cold at night if I'm out but that's why god made women coats

Zips on my Adidas, can't stand Nike stuff.

Good luck with the move mate

(ps gis a PS5 code for my kids) ;)

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #5501 on: February 25, 2023, 11:47:11 am »

I got good Nikes

At the back if the cafe ?

Kiddin. That makes us neighbours mate.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5502 on: February 25, 2023, 04:12:41 pm »
Hmmm, I suspected it would be an event that would cause devastation before Jim confirmed it and I suspected Nobby knows there'd be a potential loss of life when he hoped to see it come off.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5503 on: February 25, 2023, 06:03:38 pm »
Hmmm, I suspected it would be an event that would cause devastation before Jim confirmed it and I suspected Nobby knows there'd be a potential loss of life when he hoped to see it come off.

Oh, give over with that sort of line.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5504 on: February 25, 2023, 08:39:00 pm »

Oh, give over with that sort of line.

Fair enough, apologies.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5505 on: February 28, 2023, 06:56:03 am »
Did anyone get a picture of the northern lights. The last two nights it’s been visible over the UK, I noticed one on Crosby beach the other day.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5506 on: February 28, 2023, 07:48:59 am »
Did anyone get a picture of the northern lights. The last two nights it’s been visible over the UK, I noticed one on Crosby beach the other day.
That's all I've seen so far Jill.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5507 on: February 28, 2023, 08:52:17 am »

Had a peek out the window a couple of times last night, but it was a bit too cloudy to see anything.

Apparently solar activity is still on the increase until next year, so there might be more chances to see something from here.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5508 on: February 28, 2023, 09:32:03 am »

With the bloody light pollution we get here I've not much chance. Wish I'd known as I was in Southport Sunday night, would have nipped the beach for a look.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5509 on: February 28, 2023, 02:32:56 pm »
Unfortunately not. It was cloudy on Monday night and mostly cloudy last night too. I drove near to Crosby at about 11pm last night and couldn't see anything through the holes in the patchy cloud. Looking at that Crosby photo in the paper it certainly looks like the clouds moved off at some point overnight.

We went all the way to Iceland (the country, not the supermarket) to see the Northern Lights ... and it was cloudy there too.  :duh
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5510 on: February 28, 2023, 02:35:19 pm »
Unfortunately not. It was cloudy on Monday night and mostly cloudy last night too. I drove near to Crosby at about 11pm last night and couldn't see anything through the holes in the patchy cloud. Looking at that Crosby photo in the paper it certainly looks like the clouds moved off at some point overnight.

We went all the way to Iceland (the country, not the supermarket) to see the Northern Lights ... and it was cloudy there too.  :duh

unlucky that man - and it looks like it's going to be cloudy again tonight  :(
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5511 on: February 28, 2023, 02:58:11 pm »
I think we had something last night but can't be sure. 

I woke up around 3am and came downstairs to have a look and although it was cloudy over the house the wind farm off the coast at Rhyl/Prestatyn was fully lit on the horizon. 

There was a section of sky to the left of that, so north east, that was a definite green colour.

Sunday night it was spectacular looking at all the pics posted on the Anglesey Facebook group but we were unaware it might happen until I saw the pics 🤦

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5512 on: February 28, 2023, 04:37:46 pm »
We've had a bit of snow, of course the weather tv folk were hyping it up as an event and it's turned out as a no show.Turning over to rain now and the roads are fine,enough to fuck up the MBTA but that's a given .
Just put Steve Lamacq on and he's going on about the Northern Lights as well,aparently some guy in New Brighton saw em.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:42:47 pm by Boston always unofficial »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5513 on: March 1, 2023, 09:57:34 am »
With the driest February since 1993 and no real rain predicted for spring, looks like we are heading for another drought this year.  Could be worse than last year.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5514 on: March 1, 2023, 10:24:29 am »
It feels chilly out there today. Mind you, it could be worse. I could be in Majorca now ... where it's snowing.  :o

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5515 on: March 1, 2023, 01:25:09 pm »
Just done a 5 mile walk and it's lovely in the sunshine when you're out of the wind. 

I've even put my seedlings out these last 2 days to start hardening them off ready for planting.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5516 on: March 1, 2023, 01:26:22 pm »
With the driest February since 1993 and no real rain predicted for spring, looks like we are heading for another drought this year.  Could be worse than last year.

Very dry February. But there's plenty of precipitation being forecast for the first half of March (after we've got through the next few days). Initially there'll be sopme snow around, possibly only on higher ground, before it looks likely that the Atlantic will fire up and send some lows our way.

Reservoirs across the Midlands-north are still showing pretty full. At this stage, drought isn't that much of a concern.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5517 on: March 1, 2023, 02:45:28 pm »
It feels chilly out there today. Mind you, it could be worse. I could be in Majorca now ... where it's snowing.  :o
What is this, Miami, bitch?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5518 on: March 1, 2023, 03:01:59 pm »

Thanks for this - been putting stuff in the car for the tip and it pissed down and then sleeted

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5519 on: March 2, 2023, 11:45:37 am »
A lot of flowers are dying up on Lark Lane. I think it's more cold than anything as the daffodils seem fine. They probably came up too early.

Popcorn's Art