Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332826 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #5120 on: December 12, 2022, 02:00:04 pm »
Maybe the power lines should be underground? But then the weather is probably pretty extreme, even for Talinn.
Yeah this is not uncommon but pretty harsh nonetheless. I've seen worse here in 5 years, the only difference being the volume of snow.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5121 on: December 12, 2022, 02:03:29 pm »
You're getting another arctic blast from Wednesday onwards. Nothing like the usual westerly flow you'd like to see for a mild winter. Strap in.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/maps-and-charts/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1407150000

Ok so I'm planning on travelling from Anglesey to Barnsley early on Wednesday morning and back again Thursday evening.

Then on Friday lunchtime I'm going from Anglesey to Rufford near Southport then on to Sheffield and back to Barnsley.

Then on Saturday lunchtime going from Barnsley back to Sheffield then after the match and some food we'll be driving back to Anglesey.

I can delay the Wed/Thurs stuff to next week but the Fri/Sat stuff I can't as it's to pick up both granddaughters to stay for a few days.

If it was you what would you do?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5122 on: December 12, 2022, 02:25:12 pm »
Well, that's based on the T+84 projection, accuracy of which drops through the floor. I'd wait a couple of days.............and then ask Nobby!! ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5123 on: December 12, 2022, 02:28:23 pm »
Ok so I'm planning on travelling from Anglesey to Barnsley early on Wednesday morning and back again Thursday evening.

Then on Friday lunchtime I'm going from Anglesey to Rufford near Southport then on to Sheffield and back to Barnsley.

Then on Saturday lunchtime going from Barnsley back to Sheffield then after the match and some food we'll be driving back to Anglesey.

I can delay the Wed/Thurs stuff to next week but the Fri/Sat stuff I can't as it's to pick up both granddaughters to stay for a few days.

Tricky one. We’re meant to be driving from London to Stranraer on Friday/Saturday. Hoping it at least doesn’t get any worse and that the motorways and A roads should be ok. Imagine the hills around Sheffield could be a bit treacherous though?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5124 on: December 12, 2022, 02:29:42 pm »
You're getting another arctic blast from Wednesday onwards. Nothing like the usual westerly flow you'd like to see for a mild winter. Strap in.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/maps-and-charts/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1407150000

According to weather.com the temp should be 5C by the weekend and maybe hit even 10C next week?  Based on that image, they're lying. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5125 on: December 12, 2022, 02:33:15 pm »
Hah! This is why I stayed at home today. Even by our standards, this is a bad one.....  :o

I remind you - this is the city centre - many of these are smack-bang in the middle of town. The snowflakes are horizontal. Expression on the face of 27 says it all really  ::)

https://news.err.ee/1608817684/gallery-snowstorm-birgit-hits-tallinn

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5126 on: December 12, 2022, 03:01:56 pm »
According to weather.com the temp should be 5C by the weekend and maybe hit even 10C next week?  Based on that image, they're lying. :(

Met Office are forecasting it getting milder by the weekend too, forecasting for 8C on Sunday..
#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5127 on: December 12, 2022, 03:03:02 pm »

From what I read earlier that warm wet weather is due to hit the cold front we've got now and could therefore fall as heavy snow rather than rain.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5128 on: December 12, 2022, 03:05:29 pm »
Met Office are forecasting it getting milder by the weekend too, forecasting for 8C on Sunday..
Running the sequence again, it looks like there might be enough momentum to reinstall the usual westerlies, at least in the southern and western parts of the UK. There are a few lows coming out of Canada that might prove a bit tasty. That said, by Thursday, the 528 partial thickness line is still as far down as Cornwall-Kent. Anything beyond this timescale though I tend to utterly ignore as it's simply not reliable enough to base key decisions on.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5129 on: December 12, 2022, 03:06:41 pm »
Well, that's based on the T+84 projection, accuracy of which drops through the floor. I'd wait a couple of days.............and then ask Nobby!! ;D

I have to know by teatime tomorrow or at the very latest when I go to bed at 10 as I need to let clients know.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5130 on: December 12, 2022, 03:08:04 pm »
I have to know by teatime tomorrow or at the very latest when I go to bed at 10 as I need to let clients know.
Let's see if they change that sequence then. It's updated every 6-12 hours anyway, especially when there's any degree of uncertainty when it comes to extremes.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5131 on: December 12, 2022, 03:13:42 pm »

Get winter tyres.
(Ok, I know that might be a bit costly)

Plan routes where you stay mostly on main roads, plan extra time for driving, drive extra carefully.

Also pack a sleeping bag, food and a flask of tea, make sure your phone is charged fully or maybe take a power bank. Just in case you get stranded by closed roads or something.

The weather isn't great, but you'd hope that by the end of the week, most main roads will be gritted.

Maybe pre-warn your clients / family you might have to cancel at the last minute.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5132 on: December 12, 2022, 03:18:28 pm »
Supposed to be working all weekend this weekend - I'll be taking my night out gear with me just in case.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5133 on: December 12, 2022, 03:26:20 pm »
It's going to reach -6 here on Wednesday night/Thursday Morning, then warm up at the weekend to abou 5.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5134 on: December 12, 2022, 03:51:06 pm »
As always its the complete opposite in Aberdeen to everywhere else.  ;D

Relatively mild here and no snow.

Very different if you head off into the shire though.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5135 on: December 12, 2022, 04:13:59 pm »
Wow, that sounds bad! What is causing the power cuts, too much snow on the power lines?
This just in. The pic answers your question ;) https://news.err.ee/1608817726/competition-authority-launches-review-procedure-over-saaremaa-blackout

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5136 on: December 13, 2022, 08:59:57 am »
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-63939650

New European satellite will better predict violent storms

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #5137 on: December 13, 2022, 09:42:58 am »
Just had a Bingo moment that usually only happens to someone else and never me .

I had my mate down for the weekend from Liverpool to visit us in Plymouth , the weather was freezing so the heating was banged on .

My mate was arriving Friday afternoon , I got in the shower Friday morning and it was absolutely stone cold , jumps out and shivered my way to the boiler , the pressure was reading zero .

I topped it up and turned the shower back on , heavenly hot water ,great i thought .

My mate arrived late afternoon so i put the heating on and just to be sure checked the boiler , now the pressure was in the red . Fuck me of all the times for the boiler to go on the blink while we have

guests .

Made some phone calls to plumbers I've used in the past all with the same story " Cant do anything for weeks I am chokka mate " Asked friends for  recommendations only to get the same responses .

I then suddenly remembered getting an email from British Gas sometime last year giving me 12 months free boiler servicing for being a loyal customer .

After frantically searching through lots and lots of emails I found it.

It came in on December 14th  2021 and was valid for 12 months , I quickly went on the website and negotiated my way to the Book an Engineer page , promptly organised a call out for yesterday 12/12/22

and scraped in by 2 days.

Bloke came yesterday checked out the boiler and replaced a couple of parts and re-inflated the expansion tank   ???    and all is now fine and dandy.

I got through the weekend by topping the boiler up several times .

When something like this happens I am usually 2 days out of date and end up paying top dollar but for once something worked in my favour   ;D ;D ;D

Have to say British Gas were spot on and could not fault them at all

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:21:00 pm by Saltashscouse »
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5138 on: December 13, 2022, 09:50:15 am »
That's a boss story that, made me smile. (Not that I was at any point ever imagining you in the shower.)

As for the boiler, you need to get yourself a Worcester Combi. As seen on RAWK  ::) :wave

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5139 on: December 13, 2022, 09:52:53 am »
That's a boss story that, made me smile. (Not that I was at any point ever imagining you in the shower.)

As for the boiler, you need to get yourself a Worcester Combi. As seen on RAWK  ::) :wave
I should of mentioned it is a Worcester Combi junior  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5140 on: December 13, 2022, 10:24:16 am »
I should of mentioned it is a Worcester Combi junior  ;D
:lmao <--- when life imitates art!

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5141 on: December 13, 2022, 11:33:10 am »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5142 on: December 13, 2022, 01:15:19 pm »

oh come on i say ding dong we're all understanding on here :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #5143 on: December 13, 2022, 02:11:18 pm »
Had to show my face in the office today, first time I've left the house since Saturday. Low and behold it's still icy as fook on the pavements by ours.

Friday I stupidly went into town for a drink having been locked up with Covid for a whole week. Despite warnings from all the sensible heads saying it was going to snow, be murder getting home, no taxis, I didn't listen and went out.

Fast forward to 1.30am on Saturday morning and Mr Uber has pulled up outside my gaff and I drunkenly put one foot out, only to find it immediately skate beneath me. I say to the driver, "I can't get out pal, it's too slippery!", being a good man he actually drove his car up onto the pavement and alongside my gate, allowing me to get out and cling to the gates for balance/safety.
Famous last words uttered, "I'm sorted now thanks pal, ta for that, take care!". Off he pops into the darkness of suburban Huyton as I tentatively walk up my path which has a slight incline.

In the blink of an eye I'm down on the floor, momentarily stunned and feeling the cold sting my palms. I tried to get back up, only to fall down again. There was absolutely no way I could get traction and there was nothing to project myself up with, wall, stick, post, bin etc.
My only option was to crawl, on all fours, like a dog, UP my path towards the front door.

Sadly, physics and gravity and all that, I'm the wrong side of 20 stone and 6.1 tall so if you can picture a hamster on a wheel doing its very best to gain momentum, that was me. Eventually got to the garden wall, got up, went to bed and contemplated how any crumbs of dignity I had left, had gone forever.

Literally hate ice, it belongs in a glass, ideally covered in Kraken or JD, not on the floor.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5144 on: December 13, 2022, 02:23:18 pm »
Had to show my face in the office today, first time I've left the house since Saturday. Low and behold it's still icy as fook on the pavements by ours.

Friday I stupidly went into town for a drink having been locked up with Covid for a whole week. Despite warnings from all the sensible heads saying it was going to snow, be murder getting home, no taxis, I didn't listen and went out.

Fast forward to 1.30am on Saturday morning and Mr Uber has pulled up outside my gaff and I drunkenly put one foot out, only to find it immediately skate beneath me. I say to the driver, "I can't get out pal, it's too slippery!", being a good man he actually drove his car up onto the pavement and alongside my gate, allowing me to get out and cling to the gates for balance/safety.
Famous last words uttered, "I'm sorted now thanks pal, ta for that, take care!". Off he pops into the darkness of suburban Huyton as I tentatively walk up my path which has a slight incline.

In the blink of an eye I'm down on the floor, momentarily stunned and feeling the cold sting my palms. I tried to get back up, only to fall down again. There was absolutely no way I could get traction and there was nothing to project myself up with, wall, stick, post, bin etc.
My only option was to crawl, on all fours, like a dog, UP my path towards the front door.

Sadly, physics and gravity and all that, I'm the wrong side of 20 stone and 6.1 tall so if you can picture a hamster on a wheel doing its very best to gain momentum, that was me. Eventually got to the garden wall, got up, went to bed and contemplated how any crumbs of dignity I had left, had gone forever.

Literally hate ice, it belongs in a glass, ideally covered in Kraken or JD, not on the floor.

:lmao

Have you got a ring doorbell cam or CCTV?  YBF will give you £250 for it ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5145 on: December 13, 2022, 02:33:11 pm »
:lmao

Have you got a ring doorbell cam or CCTV?  YBF will give you £250 for it ;D
I'll give him £500 for the footage.   :P

Glad you're ok though, AD.  :)

We had to go out yesterday and it was treacherous on the pavements. The bridge over the railway line on Penny Lane was horrific. We had to walk in the road, and that was bad too. No grit on it at all. In fact, I've not seen a gritter since last week.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5146 on: December 13, 2022, 02:43:48 pm »
Wearing my DMs today as my walking boots have no traction at all on the ice. Number of people walking pretty much normally on the ice when I'm gingerly inching forward is bewildering. Still more on their phones, or running for a bus - I can't bear to watch in case someone snaps their neck.

Popcorn's Art

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5147 on: December 13, 2022, 02:54:00 pm »
I've just braved walking outside, not been out since last Thursday.  I found walking in the road, where I could was the best option.  Treacherous on the pavements when that wasn't possible though.  I haven't even tried to drive yet.  Hoping it's thawed by Thursday when I will really need to go to the supermarket. or starve  ;D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5148 on: December 13, 2022, 03:03:03 pm »
Pavements are not too bad here on Wirra[certainly the part of Wirral i live in ;D], most of the ice from Saturdays snow has thawed out, main issue is this cough that i cant get rid of, i've had it for a couple of weeks now &, last night was the worst night i've had with it, couldn't get any sleep, i'm coughing my guts out even after taking cough medicine. :(
#Sausages

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5149 on: December 13, 2022, 03:05:44 pm »
I've just braved walking outside, not been out since last Thursday.  I found walking in the road, where I could was the best option.  Treacherous on the pavements when that wasn't possible though.  I haven't even tried to drive yet.  Hoping it's thawed by Thursday when I will really need to go to the supermarket. or starve  ;D
Mad isn't it......the snow ploughs have done a great job of clearing the roads - but an even better one of dumping almost a metre in places of 'hard' snow on to the pavements. 

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5150 on: December 13, 2022, 04:36:04 pm »
Was about to go for a walk on Sunday morning along Plymouth Hoe which is about ten minutes walk away , got about 100 yards from our front door and had already almost gone on my arse a couple of times.

Decided to jib the idea just as a cool skateboard type dude comes walking along wearing headphones a backpack and  nodding his head to music with his hands in his pockets .

Next thing both his legs go as high as his shoulders and he slams down on the pavement with an almighty groan. Good job he had a backpack on otherwise he would have smashed his skull on the pavement

Being a youngster of about 20 he is up in a flash but really winded saying he was OK . He staggered off very gingerly with his arms outstretched this time

I dread to think what would have happened if he didn't have that backpack on 

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5151 on: December 13, 2022, 05:11:21 pm »
Quite the warm-up planned for Sunday - probably going from 0-2c to 8-10c. Will feel positively toasty!

But likelihood after that temps begin to fall again on the Tuesday, and potentially stay low to/through Xmas.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5152 on: December 13, 2022, 05:26:38 pm »
I can handle four or five degrees as long as there's no ice. Was wearing my facemask outside today as it warmed the air before I breathed.  :-X

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5153 on: December 13, 2022, 05:49:25 pm »
Wearing my DMs today as my walking boots have no traction at all on the ice. Number of people walking pretty much normally on the ice when I'm gingerly inching forward is bewildering. Still more on their phones, or running for a bus - I can't bear to watch in case someone snaps their neck.
We're just back from feeding the wildlife in the park. It's still horrendous underfoot in many places. I'll be driving later tonight so hope the roads are clear, although I've not seen a gritter since last Tuesday night.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5154 on: December 13, 2022, 06:11:54 pm »
I've been out and about working since 10am and the roads round us are fine.

Travelling over to Barnsley tomorrow but not leaving till around 10am instead of 6.30am so hopefully it'll have thawed a bit by then over the tops.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5155 on: December 13, 2022, 06:17:57 pm »
We're just back from feeding the wildlife in the park. It's still horrendous underfoot in many places. I'll be driving later tonight so hope the roads are clear, although I've not seen a gritter since last Tuesday night.

Weather.com saying it will be minus 5 overnight so be safe out there mate.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5156 on: December 13, 2022, 06:31:55 pm »
Weather.com saying it will be minus 5 overnight so be safe out there mate.
🥶👍

Thanks. I'll take it slow and easy I think.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5157 on: December 13, 2022, 06:38:23 pm »
I've been out and about working since 10am and the roads round us are fine.

Travelling over to Barnsley tomorrow but not leaving till around 10am instead of 6.30am so hopefully it'll have thawed a bit by then over the tops.
Safe trip, Debbs.

Hopefully the gritters are well on top of the situation on the higher routes.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5158 on: December 13, 2022, 06:47:12 pm »
Safe trip, Debbs.

Hopefully the gritters are well on top of the situation on the higher routes.

Thanks mate.

I've not decided yet if I'm doing Woodhead or the 62 but at that time of day it's an easier decision to make.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5159 on: December 13, 2022, 07:07:19 pm »
Thanks mate.

I've not decided yet if I'm doing Woodhead or the 62 but at that time of day it's an easier decision to make.
I just had a search for current conditions / closures on the Woodhead but couldn't find anything. It was -5 up there an hour ago though. From what I've seen on the TV weather, little or no fresh snow is forecast, but temperatures will just about get above freezing.

Fingers crossed for a safe and uneventful drive. Take care, Debbs.