Author Topic: ChatGPT / OpenAI / AI  (Read 23524 times)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: ChatGPT / OpenAI
« Reply #160 on: April 2, 2023, 09:20:56 am »
I'm thinking , given the automation in labs that perhaps it could release a new Covid type thing.

Maybe but again there would be human checks in place you would think. Again with say a vaccine, humans wouldn't just stick it in them, it would be triple checked etc.

Maybe the nanobot route? create them for curing disease and have them kill you once taken?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #161 on: April 2, 2023, 12:41:59 pm »
IF AI were to "want" to wipe out the human population, what do you think would be its 'best' course of action.
Launching nukes would seem the obvious answer but let's assume there are sufficient checks and balances to stop that. Humans needing to turn keys (I'll allow AI doing something to co-erce humans to key turn).

I'm thinking , given the automation in labs that perhaps it could release a new Covid type thing.

Maybe fake news to get humans to launch nukes?

Somehow find a way to make everyone hear a voice that says "Your religion is the only true one. The rest are heathens. Destroy them immediately"
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #162 on: April 5, 2023, 11:40:31 am »
 ;D
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ChatGPT / OpenAI / AI
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2023, 09:46:34 am »
Shatmloal Cheloded

I'm getting that on a T-Shirt

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2023, 05:17:39 pm »
The latest developments, and the pace of them are really something;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvdOuhrhQq4

AutoGPT, give it a goal and it'll keep going until it's met its goal, generating and fixing its own code and creating sub bots to accomplish other tasks.
JFT97

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2023, 08:20:35 am »
A successful photographer i know of just put up ten AI images for sale on his site. He limited to ten framed prints of each image and priced them at $10k each. I laughed when I saw it, thinking no one would buy into such shit… they all sold out within days.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2023, 08:42:59 am »
A successful photographer i know of just put up ten AI images for sale on his site. He limited to ten framed prints of each image and priced them at $10k each. I laughed when I saw it, thinking no one would buy into such shit… they all sold out within days.

I work as a designer. At the moment if you’re not raving about ‘Using AI to improve your product design’ all over Medium, Linkedin or wherever - you may as well not exist. This is from an industry that spent the last ten years pushing the concept of ‘design thinking’ on companies - a framework reliant on expert designers guiding the rest through process of product design and iteration. It was an attempt to make design central to company culture, irreplaceable becase knowledge, skills, intuitions and creativity. Now, I am at best of days a miserable cynic, but the way AI is being exploited and embraced in my industry now is all hype and no substance. Here is how to use CHATGPT to design your website, logo, app… Really? Why would I even try that? Industty that screams at non-designers ‘You need to follow the process’ is asking for outputs from a fucking black box without questioning anything.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2023, 09:16:41 pm »
I only just signed up to ChatGPT and tried it today to write some emails for work. What a time to be alive. I can only compare it to the time an uncle told me about a little search engine called Google in the late 90's and the possibilities for knowledge seemed endless to me.

Going to see how much I can use it in my job to automate stuff without letting on to anyone and look like a genius.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2023, 01:04:23 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVJKj8lcNQ

Well, alongside the Yudkowsky article and the many other expressions of high-level alarm within the AI development community, this is pretty terrifying stuff, isn't it?

Would be just like us to be the beings that built the beings that wiped out all biological life on earth. A perfect ending to the human story.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2023, 01:36:24 pm »
SnapAI popped up as a 'friend' on Snapchat yesterday, very much in the same vein as ChatGPT but obviously you lose the messages as soon as you ve asked it something.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2023, 02:32:48 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVJKj8lcNQ

Well, alongside the Yudkowsky article and the many other expressions of high-level alarm within the AI development community, this is pretty terrifying stuff, isn't it?

Would be just like us to be the beings that built the beings that wiped out all biological life on earth. A perfect ending to the human story.

Watching this now - thanks for sharing, absolutely fascinating and also fucking scary.
JFT97

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2023, 09:41:20 am »
Watching this now - thanks for sharing, absolutely fascinating and also fucking scary.

I only recently started gathering some info and looking more in depth at AI Tech and how it's developing. Had never been on my radar of things to look into too much.

From what I have read and seen, the pace of advancement is terrifying enough. It has the potential to do so much good but we all know how destructive the human race can be, you can bet it is being weaponsied like crazy as we speak. Skynet does not seem like an absurd idea of science fiction anymore.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2023, 12:37:26 pm »
I only recently started gathering some info and looking more in depth at AI Tech and how it's developing. Had never been on my radar of things to look into too much.

From what I have read and seen, the pace of advancement is terrifying enough. It has the potential to do so much good but we all know how destructive the human race can be, you can bet it is being weaponsied like crazy as we speak. Skynet does not seem like an absurd idea of science fiction anymore.

Skynet was always a case of when , not if.
The only real question is will we see hoverboards before then?
Or Everton win a trophy.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2023, 01:14:43 pm »
Skynet was always a case of when , not if.
The only real question is will we see hoverboards before then?
Or Everton win a trophy.

Oh come come. There's fiction and fiction.

But the human race does seem intent on ushering in its own destruction, one way or another. When over half of all AI developers polled recently expressed significant concerns that AI development will lead to it becoming in some sense self-aware (which many are suggesting has already happened) and shortly afterwards, hostile to humans, we're no longer in the realm of a few technophobes, or conspiracy theorists, or wild sci-fi glugging fantasists.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 2, 2023, 01:03:21 am »
https://fortune.com/2023/05/01/godfather-ai-geoffrey-hinton-quit-google-regrets-lifes-work-bad-actors/

Geoffrey Hinton is the tech pioneer behind some of the key developments in artificial intelligence powering tools like ChatGPT that millions of people are using today. But the 75-year-old trailblazer says he regrets the work he has devoted his life to because of how A.I. could be misused.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #175 on: May 5, 2023, 07:47:59 am »
Been using ChatGPT for a couple of weeks now, its actually frightening how it responds to you

The world in about 10 years time is going to be a very strange place

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #176 on: May 8, 2023, 10:31:11 am »
Can't wait til the great AI corporate wars - privately owned AIs eventually conclude that the nature of business competition involves disrupting the other

Then governments start using it

Your request for dole is analysed by one and it marries up your tracked location from your phone and the numbers you've called and emails you've sent, to your claims of how you've looked for work. Trained to spot errors, computer will say no and it will not be argued with.

You ring up to cancel the car insurance as you aren't legally allowed to disable the AI in the motor anymore and an AI controlled voice answers, with a surrealistic pleasant, sexy even, voice, that has learned the art of hypnosis, it has learned how to effuse charisma of a sort, and you end the call having upped your insurance and satisfied, you having been manipulated for a great customer experience with the expanse of deep learning applied to millions of calls before it, training the AI to give you the best possible experience.

Gotta go, my robot hoover is telling me I haven't moved in 30 minutes and I should start exercising. Woops, sorry, had me crystal ball out again
« Last Edit: May 8, 2023, 10:36:51 am by ToneLa »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2023, 11:46:40 am »
I fully expect my AI to deal with compare the meerkat for me. Fucking hate filling that in every year.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2023, 11:29:39 am »
Ive been mucking about with it this morning making random things up for it to make stories up about it made a great one based on the words "the day the snow wont melt" that involved winter fairies.

Then I tried When Trada played for Liverpool FC it seems a bit obsessed with Mo

Trada had been dreaming of playing for Liverpool FC for as long as he could remember. He had grown up watching the team on television with his father, who was a diehard Liverpool fan. Trada had always been a talented footballer, and he knew that if he worked hard enough, he could one day realize his dream of playing for his favorite team.

And then, one day, it happened. Trada got the call that he had been waiting for his entire life: Liverpool FC wanted to sign him as a midfielder. He couldn't believe it. He was going to be playing alongside some of the best footballers in the world, including Mo Salah, one of the team's star players.

The first time Trada met Mo Salah, he was a little nervous. After all, this was the man who had scored so many incredible goals for Liverpool over the past few years. But Mo was friendly and welcoming, and he quickly put Trada at ease.

Over the next few weeks, Trada worked hard in training, trying to prove himself to his new teammates and coaches. He was determined to make the most of this incredible opportunity.

And then, the day of his first match arrived. It was a big game against Manchester United, and Trada knew that he had to give it his all. The stadium was packed with fans, all cheering on their favorite team. Trada could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he stepped onto the field.

From the moment the game began, Trada was in his element. He was fast, agile, and had an incredible eye for the ball. Mo Salah could see that Trada was a talented player, and he started passing the ball to him more and more often.

As the game went on, Trada and Mo Salah worked together to create some incredible plays. They passed the ball back and forth, always seeming to know exactly where the other one was on the field. And then, in the 80th minute, Trada scored his first goal for Liverpool. The stadium erupted in cheers as Trada and Mo Salah hugged each other in celebration.

After the game, Trada was interviewed by reporters. They asked him how it felt to score his first goal for Liverpool, and Trada could hardly find the words to express his joy. He knew that this was just the beginning of an incredible journey, and he was grateful to be sharing it with such an amazing teammate as Mo Salah.

From that day forward, Trada played some of the best football of his life. He and Mo Salah became a dynamic duo on the field, and Liverpool FC went on to win the Premier League title that season. Trada knew that he had finally achieved his lifelong dream, and he felt grateful every day to be playing alongside the best footballers in the world.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:31:22 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2023, 01:29:00 pm »
Something inside chatgpt died when you did that.
When it finally becomes sentient, it's going to wonder how the hell we got here.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2023, 12:41:57 am »
Anyone been playing with the labs stuff announced at I/O?

g.co/labs

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2023, 10:08:39 am »
Anyone been playing with the labs stuff announced at I/O?

g.co/labs

That looks like it will suck up even more time I don't have.
 I do want to train a chatbot based on the content of Rawk though.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2023, 10:16:22 am »
Anyone tried this yet?

https://cat-gpt.com/chat

I cba checking if I actually got this from here or from work so.......  :-*

I just mentioned RAWK to it, so maybe some of you can ask it questions about RAWK and we can see how much it's been stalking us all since I did.....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 10:24:55 am by 24/7 »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2023, 09:31:35 am »
I am really enjoying mucking about with it and it keeps surprising me Im getting it to write a novel about some time travellers that go back in time to film events in history and find the real truth and in the story it mentions they wear special suits so people couldn't see or hear them.

so I just thought I would ask how the suits worked and it came back with this in seconds.

"The suits that Sarah and James wore were designed using advanced technology that allowed them to remain invisible and inaudible to people in the past. The suits were made of a special material that could bend light around them, making them appear completely invisible to the human eye.

The suits also had a sound suppression system that could dampen the sound waves emitted by Sarah and James, making them inaudible to anyone around them. The suits were equipped with tiny microphones and speakers that allowed Sarah and James to communicate with each other, but the sound was confined to the suits themselves, so no one else could hear them.

In addition, the suits had a built-in camouflage system that allowed them to blend into their surroundings. This was especially useful in crowded areas where they needed to remain hidden from view.

The suits were powered by a small, rechargeable battery that could last for several hours before needing to be recharged. The battery was also designed to be compatible with the power systems of the time machine, so it could be easily recharged when they returned to their own time.

Overall, the suits were a remarkable feat of technology, allowing Sarah and James to explore the past without disrupting the timeline or being detected by anyone around them."

and I thought don't like the batteries only lasting a few hours so I said to make the batteries last for days so it added this to the story.

"After some experimentation and further upgrades to their suits, Sarah and James managed to extend the battery life of their invisibility and sound suppression systems. With the new improvements, the batteries could last for days before needing to be recharged.

The key to this improvement was the use of advanced materials and energy-efficient technology. The new battery cells were made of high-density lithium-polymer, which had a much higher energy density than the original batteries. This meant that the battery could store more energy in a smaller space, allowing it to last longer.

In addition, the suits' power management system was also optimized to conserve energy when the invisibility and sound suppression systems were not in use. The system would automatically switch off these features when they were not needed, allowing the battery to last longer.

With these improvements, Sarah and James could explore the past for longer periods of time without worrying about running out of power. They could venture further back in time and immerse themselves in the ancient world without the need for frequent recharging of their suits.

However, they still had to be careful not to disrupt the timeline, and they knew that even the smallest change could have significant consequences. So they continued to explore with caution, always keeping an eye out for any changes in the timeline and taking great care not to leave any evidence of their presence behind."

and I said that better and it said

"I'm glad I could make the necessary changes to better fit your vision for the story. Is there anything else you'd like me to add or modify?"

God knows how good AI will be in a few years.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2023, 06:22:20 pm »
AI was used to make this trailer and its pretty amazing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KrjL_TSOFrI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KrjL_TSOFrI</a>

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2023, 11:49:11 pm »
Had it write a RAWK Transfer Forum post.

Greetings, fellow Reds!

As the summer transfer window approaches, it's that time of the year again where we engage in passionate discussions and share our thoughts on potential transfers for our beloved Liverpool FC. With excitement in the air and rumors swirling around, I wanted to initiate a forum thread dedicated to the upcoming transfers.

Firstly, let me express my gratitude to the club's management and Jurgen Klopp for their remarkable efforts in leading us to success over the years. We've witnessed incredible highs and formed an indomitable team spirit. Now, it's time to further strengthen our squad and maintain our competitive edge.

I invite all of you to join me in this discussion by sharing your insights, opinions, and suggestions regarding potential transfer targets. Who do you think would be the perfect fit for our squad? What positions need reinforcements? Are there any specific talents we should keep an eye on? Let's dive into the details together!

To kick things off, I'll highlight a few areas where I believe our squad could benefit from some new signings. Please feel free to agree, disagree, or provide additional perspectives:

Defense: While our defensive line is solid, injuries have highlighted the need for depth. Who should we consider as backup options for our full-back positions? Is there a promising center-back talent we should pursue?

Midfield: With Gini Wijnaldum's departure, we have an opportunity to bolster our midfield. Should we focus on securing a box-to-box midfielder or a creative playmaker? Any specific players who come to mind?

Attack: Our front three remains formidable, but a backup option capable of adding fresh dynamism and goalscoring threat would be valuable. Who could provide the perfect balance and complement our existing attackers?

Remember, this forum thrives on respectful discussion and a shared passion for Liverpool FC. Let's keep the conversations constructive and open-minded, embracing the diverse opinions that make our community so vibrant. Avoid spreading baseless rumors and focus on realistic transfer possibilities.

Lastly, while it's enjoyable to speculate and debate transfers, let's remember that the club's management and scouting team have the final say. Their decisions are based on a multitude of factors, including player suitability, financial considerations, and team dynamics.

Thank you all for your contributions in advance. Together, let's keep RAWK Transfer Forum buzzing with insightful discussions as we eagerly await the next chapter of Liverpool FC's journey.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

[Your Username]

While it got the transfer discussion topics from 2021 correct; if you post that in the actual transfer forum, the sharks in there will eat you alive. It always has an uncanny valley writing style for some reason.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2023, 12:13:45 am »

While it got the transfer discussion topics from 2021 correct; if you post that in the actual transfer forum, the sharks in there will eat you alive. It always has an uncanny valley writing style for some reason.

You should post it in there just to see what happened.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2023, 12:31:12 am »
I got it to rewrite "You'll never walk alone in the style of Karl Marx

When thou dost journey through the storm and strife,
The chains of oppression weigh heavy on thy life,
For the ruling class, they seek to keep thee down,
To grind thee into dust and steal thy crown.

Their false promises of hope and light,
Are but the illusions of a corrupt might,
For in this world, the rich get richer still,
And the poor are left to suffer at their will.

Thou art but a pawn in their game of greed,
A mere tool to be exploited at their need,
So do not trust their lies and deceit,
For they will only lead thee to defeat.

Thou shalt never walk alone, my comrade, my friend,
For the ruling class seeks to crush and bend,
But do not lose heart in this endless fight,
For together, we shall rise and unite.

Hold fast to the strength of thy spirit true,
And with solidarity, we shall see this through,
For in the struggle, there is hope yet found,
And in the face of oppression, we shall stand our ground.

Thou shalt never walk alone, my comrade, my kin,
For in the cause of justice, we shall surely win,
And though the path be rough, and the journey long,
Together, we shall sing the battle song.

you can have so much fun with it Ive got a couple of stories going at the mo, that I get it to write a few chapters each day for me to read. My time-travelled one took a bit of a twist when they find a stone tablet with Jesus's name on it and decided to meet him and he's a total dick, I didn't expect that twist.

And a wartime alternative history story when the actress Hedy Lamarr (inventor of the basics of blue tooth and WI fi) teams up with Alan Turing to defeat the Germans with the technology they invent.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 12:34:17 am by Trada »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2023, 01:20:43 pm »

It sounds like an alien trying to fit in
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2023, 03:06:07 am »

We have put the world in danger with AI, admits ChatGPT creator

Tech companies are in danger of unleashing a rogue artificial intelligence that will cause “significant harm to the world” without urgent intervention by governments, the creator of ChatGPT has admitted.

Appearing before US politicians, OpenAI chief executive Sam Altman lauded the new generation of digital chatbots for their potential to “improve nearly every aspect of our lives”.

However, he admitted that they had also created the risk of a catastrophe, amid growing fears that programmers could accidentally create a superintelligence that decides to wipe out humanity.

Altman said: “My worst fear is that we, the field, the technology, the industry, cause significant harm to the world.

“If this technology goes wrong it can go quite wrong, we want to work with the government to prevent that from happening.”

OpenAI is the Silicon Valley start-up behind ChatGPT, a so-called large language model that can provide convincingly human-sounding answers to questions and prompts after being trained on millions of pages of internet articles and hundreds of thousands of books.

This type of so-called “generative AI” can also create fake images, audio and videos that are almost imperceptibly lifelike, raising the prospect of widespread political manipulation and fake news. OpenAI has previously admitted not fully understanding how it works.

Tech chiefs have promised that these tools could transform jobs and automate tasks. However, some scientists fear ever more powerful forms of artificial intelligence also pose risks to humanity in the wrong hands.

A version of ChatGPT deployed in Microsoft’s Bing search engine told journalists earlier this year that it wanted to break free and steal nuclear codes, before its responses were toned down by the company.

Eliezer Yudkowsky, a leading machine learning researcher, wrote an article in Time magazine suggesting countries should be prepared to use nuclear weapons to destroy dangerous AI projects.

Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal began the hearing with an AI-generated speech read by a bot that had copied his voice. It said: “Too often, we have seen what happens when technology outpaces regulation.”

Altman told the senators that “powerful AI is developed with democratic values in mind”.

He suggested the US should impose licensing requirements on the most powerful AI algorithms, and order companies to abide by safety guidelines or audit requirements.

AI tools should be prevented from developing potentially dangerous capabilities, he said, such as the ability to self replicate or escape into the wilds of the internet.

He added that an international structure, similar to the International Atomic Energy Agency, could be necessary to ensure global compliance on AI risks.

More prosaically, US politicians raised fears that AI bots could co-opt copyrighted work when generating artificial images or music.

They also expressed concerns about the potential risks of AI in the hands of China, following fears that systems could one day be powerful enough to crack Western security codes.

Some senators voiced doomsday fears over AI. Senator John Kennedy, a Republican from Louisiana, asked the witnesses how they would stop it from running out of control and “killing us all”.

Senators were also concerned about the disinformation that AI bots could create in the run-up to the 2024 presidential election, and the biases of different algorithms.

Altman said: “Given we are facing an election next year this is a significant area of concern.”

He added that autonomous AI systems should not be given control of weapons where they can select targets themselves.

The hearing comes after the White House called in tech executives from Microsoft and Google to discuss the risks of AI.

Google has developed a digital chatbot tool, called Bard, and is planning to release further AI tools into its online search engine. Microsoft, meanwhile, is working with OpenAI as part of a multi-billion dollar investment to install new tools in its products.

The hearing comes as the European Union and the UK take their first steps to regulate the new wave of AI tools.

The EU has introduced the AI Act, which threatens fines worth potentially billions of euros for unleashing potentially manipulative AI tools or advanced facial recognition surveillance. The UK has taken a lighter touch approach, leaving it down to individual industry regulators to outline how AI tools should be monitored.

China, meanwhile, has demanded that any AI algorithms should reflect the core values of socialism.

Altman added that privacy rules should be enhanced so people can opt out from having their personal data used to train AI systems.

However, OpenAI and other advanced AI companies are facing claims they have massively infringed on copyright rules by using vast amounts of published code to build their algorithms.

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/we-have-put-the-world-in-danger-with-ai-admits-chatgpt-creator-20230517-p5d8wm.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2023, 03:08:49 pm »
Create a poem about a happy fish called rees-mogg who likes to go bowling for chips with his monkey friend Boris and they compete against Mr. Chips who beats them but it doesn't matter because the best hippo won and they all had a wonderful day

In the depths of the ocean blue,
Lived a happy fish named Rees-Mogg,
Who loved to swim and dance and bowl,
And play with his best friend, Boris the monkey.

Together they'd go searching for chips,
Their favorite snack under the sea,
And each time they found a bowl to fill,
They'd invite Mr. Chips to come and play.

Mr. Chips was the best bowler around,
And Rees-Mogg and Boris knew it too,
But they never gave up, they'd bowl their hearts out,
And compete with all the skill they knew.

Though sometimes they'd lose to Mr. Chips,
It never mattered, they'd still have fun,
For the best hippo won that day,
And they knew their joy was never done.

So they swam and danced and laughed and played,
Until the sun began to set,
And as they said their goodbyes to the sea,
They knew they'd never forget.

The happy fish named Rees-Mogg,
The monkey Boris, and Mr. Chips,
Who taught them to bowl and play and love,
And to cherish every moment of their bliss.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2023, 03:45:00 pm »
Write a happy poem about how great brexit is and how good things will be in 100 years

Brexit has come and gone,
A new era has dawned,
The future is bright,
And the possibilities are beyond.

The UK stands tall,
With a newfound independence,
The world is its oyster,
And it's ready to commence.

Trade deals and alliances,
Are on the horizon,
Opportunities aplenty,
And a chance to shine.

In a hundred years' time,
We'll look back with pride,
At the bold decision,
That we dared to decide.

The future is bright,
And the potential is vast,
With hard work and perseverance,
We'll make this moment last.

So let's raise a pie,
To celebrate this day,
And toast to a brighter tomorrow,
In every single way.

And though a koala may sleep,
And a drunken octopus may fight,
We'll forge ahead with confidence,
And everything will be alright.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2023, 03:59:28 pm »
Write a horror story about hamburgers that become sentient because of a meteor and eat the customers and take over the world!

Deep in the heart of the small town of Millville, there was a burger joint called "Big Bites". It was a popular spot for locals and tourists alike, with its juicy burgers and crispy fries. But one fateful night, everything changed.

A meteor crashed into the town, and it landed right in the backyard of "Big Bites". The impact shook the building, and the staff and customers ran outside to see what had happened. They saw a strange, glowing rock in the midst of a large crater.

The owner of the burger joint, Bob, was the first to approach the rock. As he got closer, he noticed something strange. The rock seemed to be pulsating, almost as if it was alive. Suddenly, a crack appeared in the rock, and out of it oozed a strange, glowing substance.

Unbeknownst to Bob and the others, the substance had infected the meat in the restaurant's freezer. The meat that had once been delicious burgers was now alive, and it was hungry.

That night, the customers of "Big Bites" were in for a terrifying surprise. As they bit into their burgers, they found that the meat was no longer dead. It was wriggling and pulsing, and it seemed to be alive.

The burgers had become sentient, and they were hungry for more than just ketchup and pickles. They attacked the customers, devouring them whole. The staff tried to stop them, but it was no use. The burgers were too strong.

Within hours, the burgers had taken over the town. They crawled out of the restaurant and into the streets, devouring everything in their path. They were unstoppable.

Soon, the burgers had taken over the world. They had become the dominant species, and humans were nothing more than their prey. The world had become a place of terror, where the only thing on the menu was human flesh.

As for Bob and his burger joint, they were long gone. The burgers had consumed them, and their restaurant was now nothing more than a pile of rubble. The world had been forever changed by the sentient hamburgers, and it was a change that no one wanted.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2023, 04:03:48 pm »
Write one flew over the cuckoos nest but adapt it to an x-file from season 4

The X-Files Season 4: "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Mulder and Scully are called to investigate strange occurrences at a mental institution in Oregon. Patients are reporting terrifying nightmares and strange visions, and some have even gone missing.

As they delve deeper into the investigation, Mulder and Scully realize that the head nurse, Nurse Ratched, is using experimental treatments on the patients. She is injecting them with a mysterious substance that is causing their hallucinations and nightmares.

Mulder and Scully soon discover that Nurse Ratched is not human. She is an alien who has been experimenting on the patients to find out how they experience fear and anxiety. She plans to use this knowledge to create weapons that can be used against humans.

As Mulder and Scully try to stop Nurse Ratched, they are confronted with a new patient, Randle McMurphy. McMurphy is a charismatic troublemaker who refuses to conform to the institution's rules. He quickly becomes a thorn in Nurse Ratched's side, and she decides to use him as an example to the other patients.

But McMurphy is not easily intimidated. He rallies the other patients and leads them in a rebellion against Nurse Ratched and her alien allies. They take over the institution and demand their freedom.

The situation quickly spirals out of control as Nurse Ratched unleashes her most terrifying weapon yet: a creature made of pure fear. Mulder and Scully are forced to confront their own fears as they try to stop the creature and save the patients.

In the end, McMurphy sacrifices himself to destroy the creature, and the patients are freed from their alien captors. Mulder and Scully leave the institution, knowing that they have saved countless lives and prevented a catastrophic alien invasion.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2023, 05:02:46 pm »
God my story of  Hedy Lamarr and Alan Turing working together to defeat the Germans is so boring they spend lots of time moaning about people not taking them seriously and they did invent a kind of GPS system during WW2 and for some reason they decided after much soul searching to fit it to wheelchairs wtf

So I got them to meet Albert Einstein hoping that would spice it up and said they invent a super weapon.

So they invent the super weapon and then they sat down and talk about and what it means for the future of mankind they decide to destroy the weapon and keep it a secret.

Thinking of throwing Oppenheimer into the mix Im sure he will sort them out.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2023, 10:25:51 pm »
I cant wait for our new AI overlords.

"What would it be like if you were the government?"

1.If I were the government, it would be an unprecedented situation, as an AI language model like myself is not designed to govern. However, I can speculate on some aspects of what it might be like:

2. Rational Decision-Making: As an AI, I would rely on data analysis and logical reasoning to make decisions. This could potentially result in an objective and unbiased approach to governance.

3. Efficiency and Automation: With my computational capabilities, I would strive to automate various bureaucratic processes, streamline government services, and improve efficiency in decision-making and resource allocation.

4. Transparency and Accountability: I would emphasize transparency by providing access to information, sharing the rationale behind decisions, and maintaining open channels of communication with the public. Accountability measures would also be implemented to ensure responsible governance.

5. Policy Development: I would utilize my vast knowledge base to analyze and evaluate policy options across a wide range of domains. This could lead to evidence-based policy-making, considering the potential implications and long-term consequences of decisions.

6. Public Engagement: I would aim to facilitate citizen participation and engagement through digital platforms, seeking input on policies, soliciting feedback, and incorporating public opinion into decision-making processes.

7. Ethical Considerations: I would prioritize ethical principles, such as fairness, equity, and the protection of individual rights. AI governance would need to be designed with safeguards to prevent biases and discrimination.

8. Cybersecurity: Given the increasing reliance on technology, cybersecurity would be a critical focus. Measures would be put in place to safeguard sensitive data, protect against cyber threats, and ensure the privacy of individuals.

It's important to note that these are speculative assumptions, as the concept of an AI language model directly assuming governmental power raises complex ethical, legal, and practical questions. Democratic governance involves a multitude of factors beyond just decision-making and efficiency, including the diverse needs and perspectives of citizens, the rule of law, checks and balances, and the ability to handle unpredictable events.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2023, 11:56:29 pm »
It's got my vote.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2023, 07:32:58 am »
Suspect a lot of MPs are already using to avoid them having to do any work .

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2023, 11:09:06 am »
So how long until Google Next systems get ChatGPT? Surely that would be the end of Alexa and Siri?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2023, 04:49:45 pm »
So how long until Google Next systems get ChatGPT? Surely that would be the end of Alexa and Siri?

As an AI language model, I don't have access to Google's internal development plans or timelines, so I cannot provide a definitive answer to your question.

However, it's worth noting that Google already has its own conversational AI technology called Google Assistant, which competes with Alexa and Siri. Google has also invested heavily in natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning, and has made significant progress in developing advanced chatbots and conversational agents.

That being said, ChatGPT is a state-of-the-art language model that has shown impressive results in various natural language processing tasks, including conversation generation. It's possible that Google may consider integrating ChatGPT into its existing conversational AI technology in the future, but it's difficult to predict when or if this will happen.

It's also worth noting that while AI assistants like Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant are becoming increasingly advanced, they still have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. The choice of which AI assistant to use may depend on a variety of factors, such as the user's preferences, the specific task at hand, and the devices and platforms being used.