The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

India - deteriorating?

(1/198) > >>

Bullet500:
Noticed that we don't have a thread on India.

Looks like Hindu majoritarianism has finally taken over most of the country.

I wonder whether the country has crossed the point of no return. Sure, there were problems earlier but there was always some social progress.

Also not helped by the fact that the supposed opposition party was long reduced to one family hegemony.

RainbowFlick:
It's been like this for quite some time. Hindutva is rotting peoples' minds and if I'm honest a lot of western Hindu families and organisations seem to turn a blind eye to it (I say this as someone that was raised Hindu).

Bullet500:

--- Quote from: RainbowFlick on June 13, 2022, 06:45:52 pm ---It's been like this for quite some time. Hindutva is rotting peoples' minds and if I'm honest a lot of western Hindu families and organisations seem to turn a blind eye to it (I say this as someone that was raised Hindu).

--- End quote ---
From what I have noticed, most think Modi is great and India is doing great. I feel a lot of Indian diaspora in the west = just conservatives masquerading as liberals. All in favour of diversity and minority rights in the country they move to, but simply want minorities and the disadvantaged to be "shown their place" back in India.

killer-heels:
I used to be amazed at how right wing Indians were when I was younger as I had a number of friends from that community (usually their parents were right wing, not them). However that illustrated to me how diverse different cultures are in all sorts of areas.

Nobby Reserve:
It isn't just the Hindu 'nationalism'; Modi and his government are economically hard-right, too.

The result is that wealth inequality - already at immoral and obscene levels - has worsened.

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/economy/world-s-most-extreme-inequality-increase-in-india-80566

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version