Author Topic: Champions League Quarter Finals.  (Read 81520 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Champions League Quarter Finals. And Burnley v Everton
« Reply #680 on: April 7, 2022, 06:08:41 am »
Benzema continues to be the most underrated elite club level striker in Europe, and casually smashes in another hat trick.

He's arguably (or not) the best number 9 in history of La Liga, when you take into consideration the consistency and success.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: April 7, 2022, 06:40:51 am »
Every time I’ve watched a Real game in the CL this season the commentator has called him’ “the best number 9 in the world”.  He’s getting the credit he deserves at the minute.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #682 on: April 7, 2022, 06:59:33 am »
He's arguably (or not) the best number 9 in history of La Liga, when you take into consideration the consistency and success.

Had to play second fiddle to Ronaldo most of his time there but scored over 200 La Liga goals over 300 overall. You wonder just how many he could have had.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: April 7, 2022, 07:08:31 am »
Had to play second fiddle to Ronaldo most of his time there but scored over 200 La Liga goals over 300 overall. You wonder just how many he could have had.
His numbers in Real before Ronaldo was not as good as nowadays though. I think he matured as a player and got smarter.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: April 7, 2022, 07:50:53 am »
Really looking forward to the West Ham game, Europa League has been great this year.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #685 on: April 7, 2022, 08:47:13 am »
Are Real Madrid good enough to go to the Final, and even win it? I don't like the snidey twats like Carvajal. Even Casemiro and Modric can be quite dirty. Plus, they are as bad as Atletico when it comes to playacting.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #686 on: April 7, 2022, 08:48:50 am »
Are Real Madrid good enough to go to the Final, and even win it? I don't like the snidey twats like Carvajal. Even Casemiro and Modric can be quite dirty. Plus, they are as bad as Atletico when it comes to playacting.

Yes

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: April 7, 2022, 09:20:48 am »

Knocked out PSG and comfortably beat Chelsea away from home so far, surely thats enough evidence.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #688 on: April 7, 2022, 09:48:59 am »
Deffo rather play them than city in the final...

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #689 on: April 7, 2022, 09:51:50 am »

They absolutely are good enough. And they have a top class manager too.
JFT97

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: April 7, 2022, 09:58:14 am »

Id rather play them than homophobic dictator FC
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #691 on: April 7, 2022, 10:01:20 am »

Nope to winning it but they're destined to go to Paris to be beaten by the mighty redmen following their victory in Munich

Andy Robertson to score the winner from a tight angle in the 82nd minute, it's been written in the stars

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: April 7, 2022, 10:03:35 am »
Great set of results last night.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #693 on: April 7, 2022, 10:24:06 am »
Great set of results last night.

Really surprised by the Villareal and Bayern one - fully expecting Bayern to smash them in the second leg though.
JFT97

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: April 7, 2022, 10:31:27 am »
His numbers in Real before Ronaldo was not as good as nowadays though. I think he matured as a player and got smarter.

I do think this is the big difference. I think at Lyon he was all about being super quick with a good finish. But now he isn't as quick but A LOT smarter, and a much better footballer as a result.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #695 on: April 7, 2022, 11:58:34 am »
Love an all Madrid semi and Villarreal to sneak past Bayern.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #696 on: April 7, 2022, 12:18:49 pm »
Love an all Madrid semi and Villarreal to sneak past Bayern.

I think Atletico had 0 shots against City the other day. Lucky to get nil as the saying goes. I'd give Villarreal more of a chance in the second leg than I would Atletico.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #697 on: April 7, 2022, 12:23:25 pm »
I think Atletico had 0 shots against City the other day. Lucky to get nil as the saying goes. I'd give Villarreal more of a chance in the second leg than I would Atletico.

Yeah - Madrid are so negative but you never know
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: April 7, 2022, 12:29:07 pm »

Simeone likely went to the City looking for a draw or at worst a 1-0 defeat with the intent of shithousing their way to a result at home.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: April 7, 2022, 12:54:22 pm »
I do think Atletico will struggle to beat City, but lets be real the Wanda Metropolitan is a brilliant stadium and those fans know how to make an atmosphere and get their team up for a game

Thats the decided factor for me. I do think City go through but if Madrid were to have a chance its cause they are at Home in that Stadium

I think Chelsea are done though and I think Villareal/Bayern is a toss up, Bayern do seem to be 10x better at home but Unai is a tricky little fucker in european knockout games. Hes been to 5 finals in 8 years albeit the europa league. But still.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #700 on: April 7, 2022, 01:11:10 pm »
Simeone likely went to the City looking for a draw or at worst a 1-0 defeat with the intent of shithousing their way to a result at home.

This. Especially with no away goal rule coming into play. Bigger point is City will be given a game, shithousery or not. And a trip to Madrid and what could be 120 mins and pens with Wembley looming is great for us. We score 1 or 2 early and we rest as many as possible

Bayern losing was a surprise. But Bayern in the Allianz will be a different story. Villarreal in the semis would be so good.

Sunday is huge but the path to Paris is starting to open up and get me really excited.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: April 7, 2022, 02:17:50 pm »
Just saw Benzemas goals, elite striker and the finishes were beautiful.

Is he in the conversation for the best player in the world at the moment? He’s got 37 goals this season which is pretty insane

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: April 7, 2022, 02:21:47 pm »
Just saw Benzemas goals, elite striker and the finishes were beautiful.

Is he in the conversation for the best player in the world at the moment? He’s got 37 goals this season which is pretty insane

And crucially, at his age it’s unlikely that many, if any, are pace goals.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: April 7, 2022, 04:05:07 pm »
Is he in the conversation for the best player in the world at the moment?

He's currently joint 2nd favourite for the Ballon D'Or with Salah. Lewandowski is the favourite at 5/2 (although can be backed at 5/1 in a couple of places).
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: April 7, 2022, 04:12:48 pm »
And crucially, at his age it’s unlikely that many, if any, are pace goals.
37 goals, no deductions. They all count.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #705 on: April 7, 2022, 08:02:19 pm »
This. Especially with no away goal rule coming into play. Bigger point is City will be given a game, shithousery or not. And a trip to Madrid and what could be 120 mins and pens with Wembley looming is great for us. We score 1 or 2 early and we rest as many as possible

Bayern losing was a surprise. But Bayern in the Allianz will be a different story. Villarreal in the semis would be so good.

Sunday is huge but the path to Paris is starting to open up and get me really excited.

Agreed Gazza. I'm remarkably calm about Sunday. We aren't favourites to win the league, maybe that's why, it's just incredible we're in the title picture and still are very unlucky not to have a lead. I said at the start of January when the league title looked gone that I believe we could win all three knockout competitions, and I still do. Whatever happens on Sunday I'll be raring to get inside the ground on Wednesday and hopefully we see it through for another semi final, and eventually the final in Paris.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: April 7, 2022, 08:06:57 pm »

Bayern should be out of the tie, that miss from the half way line was shocking, the amount of curl he put on it was ridiculous.

I'm thinking I'd prefer Bayern to Villareal, Villareal are scared of no-one
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 08:11:22 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: April 7, 2022, 10:59:14 pm »
people would prefer to meet Real Madrid than Man City in a final?

imagine the pressure on city facing us in a final. they have the pressure of being expected to win it, the fact that they flopped in a final last year, and on top of that they would be facing their biggest domestic rival (in their view)

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #708 on: April 8, 2022, 12:18:20 am »

imagine the pressure on city facing us in a final. they have the pressure of being expected to win it, the fact that they flopped in a final last year, and on top of that they would be facing their biggest domestic rival (in their view)
I'd easily take a Real or Bayern in the final over that lot. Plus I don't want another all-English affair after 2019 when it all just felt anti-climatic having to face Spurs.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: April 8, 2022, 06:28:43 am »

Madrid.
Even if it was the best Madrid side in history against Man City from the Fowler days, I'd still want Madrid.
It's a European Cup final, we should be playing European teams.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #710 on: April 8, 2022, 06:57:26 am »

dont care, hate other english teams in europe in any round let alone a final, i want a euro giant (which also rules out any other english club that isn't us) and i want real madrid, perfect final in my eyes, we owe them, they're not scared of anyone, they feel they belong there as do we

hope both of us get that far
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #711 on: April 8, 2022, 02:07:34 pm »

Real Madrid, all day every day

Imagine the possibility of losing a European cup final against City? I feel sick thinking about it  :butt

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #712 on: April 8, 2022, 03:12:27 pm »

They'd beat Atletico but City would expect to beat them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #713 on: April 12, 2022, 06:23:52 pm »
Any chance the Yellow submarines sneak through or will they be obliterated within the first 20 minutes?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: April 12, 2022, 06:33:32 pm »
Any chance the Yellow submarines sneak through or will they be obliterated within the first 20 minutes?

Bayern are a different beast at home BUT, Unai is a tactical monster in Knockout competitions

IF and big IF Villarreal can get through the first half 0-0 or ahead then I think they do it

If Bayern get a goal early on then I think they smash them 4 or 5 nil

There record at home this season is 16-1-2 with 63GF and 15GA

So they average 3.3g/game
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 06:38:19 pm by CanuckYNWA »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: April 12, 2022, 06:35:10 pm »
I'd be surprised if Villarreal don't score at least 1. Bayern are simply not interested in defending and if they were they're incapable.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #716 on: April 12, 2022, 06:42:28 pm »

Bayern XI: Neuer; Pavard, Upamecano, Hernandez; Kimmich, Goretzka; Coman, Müller, Musiala, Sané; Lewandowski.
Villarreal XI: Rulli; Foyth, Albiol, Pau Torres, Estupiñán; Coquelin, Capoue, Parejo; Lo Celso, Gerard Moreno, Danjuma.

Real Madrid XI: Courtois; Carvajal, Nacho, Alaba, Mendy; Kroos, Casemiro, Modric; Valverde, Benzema, Vinicius.
Chelsea XI: Mendy; James, T. Silva, Rüdiger, M. Alonso; Kanté, Kovacic, Mount; Loftus-Cheek, Werner, Havertz.

www.redditsoccerstreams.tv : www.ovostreams.com/soccerstreams : https://daddylive.fun : http://weakstreams.com/soccer-streams : https://mamahd.best/watch-football-live : www.totalsportek.com/football50 : https://redi1.soccerstreams.net : http://kt.freestreams-live1.com : www.matchtime.co/category : www.4stream.gg/b/football.html : www.goatd.me : https://nizarstream.com : www.vipboxtv.se : www.pawastreams.live : www.hockeyweb.live/schedule : www.motornews.live/click-here-for-daily-fixtures : https://footybite.to

A list of 60+ stream sites, and also match highlights & full game replay sites : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 06:49:22 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #717 on: April 12, 2022, 06:51:05 pm »
Come on Villarreal!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: April 12, 2022, 07:02:27 pm »
Come on Real Madrid

Don't care who wins the other game
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: April 12, 2022, 07:22:42 pm »
Villarreal will get well beat sadly, well set up team just cant finish their tea and albiol is 37.
No time for caution.