Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195435 times)

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #18800 on: June 28, 2022, 09:08:02 am »
They've never replaced Dele Alis dives

The only better diver in the country than Harry Kane is Tom Daly.
Justice for the 96!

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #18801 on: June 28, 2022, 09:12:19 am »
From an FFP perspective they would be better selling Gordon or DCL as their 'cost' in the accounts will be very low or even £nil. So any sale would pretty much be all profit.

For Richardlison not all will be profit as he was signed for a hefty fee
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18802 on: June 28, 2022, 09:56:47 am »
do everton owe spurs money for delle alli? (surely the performance add ons will kick in this season?)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #18803 on: June 28, 2022, 10:34:00 am »
do everton owe spurs money for delle alli? (surely the performance add ons will kick in this season?)

The Alli deal is one of the most opaque FFP bending, money laundering deals known to sports washers.

City, PSG and Newcastle will be looking on with envy. Doesn’t distract from the fact he’s shite though.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #18804 on: June 28, 2022, 10:34:54 am »
The GOT thread on Richy La is fucking hysterical.

Full of all the denial, delusion and hysteria you’d expect from the blues. Apparently they should keep him until after the World Cup and his value will sky rocket in January after he’s top scorer in the tournament.

Oh, and if he goes to spurs he’ll score more than Son 🤣

Oh and they should demand £75m and push him towards Chelsea and get Gallagher as part of the deal.

They clearly have no idea that the £40m ish that they get to him will go straight towards servicing debts and that they’ll get free transfers or similar in return.

All that is literally what a couple of blues were saying in work yesterday. Only it was Broja and Gallagher from Chelsea plus cash for Richarlison but in the next sentence they should wait till after the World Cup where everyone will want him and his value will double.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #18805 on: June 28, 2022, 10:46:36 am »
The Alli deal is one of the most opaque FFP bending, money laundering deals known to sports washers.

City, PSG and Newcastle will be looking on with envy. Doesn’t distract from the fact he’s shite though.

defo, still would've been a shit deal even if he was on a free

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18806 on: June 28, 2022, 11:01:09 am »
They love strikers who don't score much don't they and put them on a pedestal of being World class.

Drunken, DCL the one season wonder other than that season he's a single digits per season average and Richarlison who in five seasons in the PL probably hasn't scored what Salah did in his first season with us.

Drunken was abject with no redeeming quality with the ball at his feet, he had none existent movement and was injury prone because of his excessive drinking, his only quality was thuggery on and off the pitch and heading a ball from set pieces.

The latter 2 will never ever be starters for us or a top team in the PL or Europe, nothing more than bench warmers used to draw fouls in around the penalty area when chasing a game the last 10-15 minutes.

Everton was and is their ceiling.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:05:22 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18807 on: June 28, 2022, 11:07:01 am »

I don't think they have paid a penny towards that transfer fee yet. That will be instantly forgotten by the fans. So, you can deduct £40M from the fee they receive straight away.

At least they have the asset that is Dele Alli and another £10M from Tottenham to go towards the debt.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #18808 on: June 28, 2022, 11:46:38 am »
So apparently Kenwright was having dinner with Levy in a London restaurant according to Jon Sopel. Old Bill loves his theatrics doesn't he?

Levy's gonna buy them both for about £15m, Bill probably paid the food bill as well as he can't negotiatefor shit.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #18809 on: June 28, 2022, 11:49:19 am »
Where’s the dinner money, Bill?
AHA!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18810 on: June 28, 2022, 11:54:46 am »
At least they have the asset that is Dele Alli and another £10M from Tottenham to go towards the debt.

So about £11m to the debt them.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #18811 on: June 28, 2022, 11:55:21 am »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-transfer-news-richarlison-gordon-27343464

Maddock saying they have to sell and sell now.

That’s going to push the price down as everyone knows they are stuffed otherwise
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18812 on: June 28, 2022, 11:57:11 am »
If they get anything over £25m for Richarlison they'll be doing well. Such an overhyped player.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18813 on: June 28, 2022, 11:58:28 am »
I can see them flogging Richie to the highest bidder. They’ll hate to lose Gordon now that they think they’ve uncovered a local hero. He’ll stay surely?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #18814 on: June 28, 2022, 11:59:47 am »
Guessing Calvert-Lewin will be staying now?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18815 on: June 28, 2022, 12:03:04 pm »
I can see them flogging Richie to the highest bidder. They’ll hate to lose Gordon now that they think they’ve uncovered a local hero. He’ll stay surely?
They have to sell by the 30th. They’re fucked. They are going to get fleeced.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18816 on: June 28, 2022, 12:06:52 pm »

Oooh...tick tock.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18817 on: June 28, 2022, 12:07:03 pm »
They love strikers who don't score much don't they and put them on a pedestal of being World class.

Drunken, DCL the one season wonder other than that season he's a single digits per season average and Richarlison who in five seasons in the PL probably hasn't scored what Salah did in his first season with us.

Heh. Always makes me laugh that they consider”Big Dunc” to be some sort of PL legend. His best ever seasons in England he got 11 goals (two seasons)… He only hit double figures in one other season. Even his Scottish figures are nothing special. Absolutely abject. 0 goals for Scotland.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #18818 on: June 28, 2022, 12:09:21 pm »

If Maddock is correct, then like what most have known for a while, they were never going to much of a profit if any on Richarlison. Spurs can bide their time. Everton clearly can't. Probably also explains why their sole signing thus far is on a free. I'm surprised they haven't worked out a deal for an amount for Richarlison + Winks thrown in. Obviously the problem there being their fans will go lose their shit if he's sold for a lower fee (i.e would have to be two separate deals)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #18819 on: June 28, 2022, 12:11:01 pm »
Whenever we're out for dinner and struggling to decide what to order, we always say 'What would Bill Kenwright get?"

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #18820 on: June 28, 2022, 12:13:38 pm »

Ultimately Richarlison is the one you'd rather keep if you're EFC. The hype surrounding Calvert Lewin came from a purple patch behind closed doors and then he went missing for the second half of the season.

If it's true these are bringing in the likes of Winks, Moura, Gilmour etc etc then they're are in massive trouble again.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18821 on: June 28, 2022, 12:18:00 pm »
Ultimately Richarlison is the one you'd rather keep if you're EFC.
Unfortunately for them, he doesn't want to be kept.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18822 on: June 28, 2022, 12:19:41 pm »
Whenever we're out for dinner and struggling to decide what to order, we always say 'What would Bill Kenwright get?"

Hope you enjoyed your humble pie.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18823 on: June 28, 2022, 12:21:55 pm »
If Maddock is correct, then like what most have known for a while, they were never going to much of a profit if any on Richarlison. Spurs can bide their time. Everton clearly can't. Probably also explains why their sole signing thus far is on a free. I'm surprised they haven't worked out a deal for an amount for Richarlison + Winks thrown in. Obviously the problem there being their fans will go lose their shit if he's sold for a lower fee (i.e would have to be two separate deals)
If he is correct… yes of course.

But they will make a book profit on him.

He’s been there long enough so that they will have amortised almost all of his fee, so it will largely show as profit
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18824 on: June 28, 2022, 12:28:20 pm »

He’s been there long enough so that they will have amortised almost all of his fee, so it will largely show as profit

They paid £35m + potentially £15m.

Even assuming they've paid nothing above the £35m, given he signed a new deal in 2019, there is likely around £11-12m left on there.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #18825 on: June 28, 2022, 12:32:25 pm »
If he is correct… yes of course.

Of course, but naturally I doubt most of their fans will be focusing on that aspect

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #18826 on: June 28, 2022, 12:33:15 pm »
Everton for relegation this season. Please let it happen. Along with Newcastle!  :D
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18827 on: June 28, 2022, 12:47:41 pm »

Drunken was abject with no redeeming quality with the ball at his feet, he had none existent movement and was injury prone because of his excessive drinking, his only quality was thuggery on and off the pitch and heading a ball from set pieces.

The latter 2 will never ever be starters for us or a top team in the PL or Europe, nothing more than bench warmers used to draw fouls in around the penalty area when chasing a game the last 10-15 minutes.

Everton was and is their ceiling.

Always amazes me how Evertonians still speak highly, & fondly, of Ferguson. A player who had a hit rate of a goal every 4 games - pretty abysmal for a so-called striker - & a man who'd served time for assault. They've had much better Scottish strikers in the past (Gray & Sharpe) yet they don't get half the coverage that Drunken Duncan does. They're a strange breed that get stranger every season.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #18828 on: June 28, 2022, 12:50:29 pm »
Pulling angry faces, shouting and red cards are like away goals, they count double.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #18829 on: June 28, 2022, 12:51:22 pm »
Has that Andros Townsend always been a gobby little dullard?

The weirdo was having  a pop at Jürgen Klopp earlier this week, and now he’s stating that going to Spurs wouldn’t be a step up for Richarlison :lmao

Sure, going to a club in the CL, who’ve been in European competition pretty much every season for all those years his current team hasn’t been, to play under the 3rd best coach in the league isn’t a step up.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #18830 on: June 28, 2022, 01:29:57 pm »

With E(ver)ton mess for afters
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18831 on: June 28, 2022, 01:32:07 pm »

The weirdo was having  a pop at Jürgen Klopp earlier this week, and now he’s stating that going to Spurs wouldn’t be a step up for Richarlison :lmao

Sure, going to a club in the CL, who’ve been in European competition pretty much every season for all those years his current team hasn’t been, to play under the 3rd best coach in the league isn’t a step up.

The last time Andros Townsend was in London he lost all his hair. He's saying it would be a step down for Richarlison's hair follicles.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18832 on: June 28, 2022, 02:04:08 pm »

Levy will wait until after the deadline. Points deduction imposed and then the fire sale really will begin.
Although the PL have bent over backwards to believe the bullshit about Covid screwing their accounts.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18833 on: June 28, 2022, 02:05:59 pm »

Betty’s Hot Pot surely
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #18834 on: June 28, 2022, 02:08:35 pm »
If they get anything over £25m for Richarlison they'll be doing well. Such an overhyped player.
He's more effective on social media than on a football pitch.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #18835 on: June 28, 2022, 02:17:31 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I'm no admirer of Spurs, but come on. They are miles ahead of the shite and have been for a long, long time.

It's amazing how many people in the game talk absolute and utter nonsense.

Looking at the clubs in the PL in the coming season, I only see four clubs that I'd say are a step down from Everton. A few would be a sideways move. The rest a definite step up.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #18836 on: June 28, 2022, 02:24:00 pm »
The last time Andros Townsend was in London he lost all his hair. He's saying it would be a step down for Richarlison's hair follicles.

I remember ‘Dros bursting onto the scene with Spurs, cutting inside and smashing shots. Then people worked him out and stopped his one “thing”. He picked up injuries and ended up in the care of the Owl man. He was a decent squad player under Roy nothing more. Rafa managed to get a tune out of him, but again he slipped back and eventually spent most of last season either on the bench or injured. He clearly is raising his profile with the fans with his “love for Everton” “Everton has touched me” driven comments. He knows he won’t be going to a premier League club if he leaves, Everton are his last time in the big time.
Slagging Klopp will make him a legend,  like Frankie who told Klopp to fack off. Making out that Everton are on a par with Spurs is another play to the fans. “I’m a loyal Evertonian and not like Richie La!” Given that Richie La  would be working with a top manager in Conte at a club challenging for Europe, playing alongside Sir Harry Of Kane and other assorted high profile media darlings, as opposed to fighting relegation with Keane, Tarkowski etc under the guidance of Lampard, the decision would be a no brainer.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #18837 on: June 28, 2022, 02:24:11 pm »
Still no kit announced....

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18838 on: June 28, 2022, 02:35:38 pm »

Because no one wants him?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18839 on: June 28, 2022, 02:37:12 pm »
Because no one wants him?

Even Arsenal turned their noses up at him and they’ll buy anyone.