Author Topic: Premier League Overall stats  (Read 1723 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Premier League Overall stats
« on: September 6, 2012, 02:13:43 pm »
Just seen a table of stats (taken from United's Website of Dreams - see link below)  showing the Premier League top clubs stats since its inception in 1992/93.               Source : http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/realtreat/premiership.html

Top 5 places are:-
                    P     W    D    L      GF    GA   PTS   % G/W  % G/D  % G/ L  Gls/game F  Gls/game A  Av. PTS p/game
Man United  775 502 163 110 1547 685 1669     64.77    21.03   14.19      2.00         0.86           2.15
Arsenal        775 416 206 153 1347 717 1454     53.88    26.58   19.74      1.74         0.93          1.88
Chelsea       775 404 199 172 1290 743 1411     52.13    25.68    22.19      1.66         0.96          1.82
Liverpool     775 380 195 200 1238 760 1335     49.03    25.16     25.81     1.60         0.98          1.72
Aston Villa   775 283 241 251 975   928 1090      36.52    31.10     32.39     1.26        1.20          1.41

There are two other clubs ever-present in the Premier League since inception - Spurs and Everton. They lie in 6th and 7th spot.

If correct (and can't be arsed to trawl through to find out ;D ;D) pretty impressive figures overall.

Bleeding tables!! Go ALL wrong when I press SAVE!! sorry folks.... :( Slightly improved table but just ain't got the IT skills to nail it people!!

Tell you I was surprised to see Villa so high to be honest - how are the mighty fallen eh?

« Last Edit: September 6, 2012, 02:31:27 pm by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League Overall stats
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »
Johnno you do know football didnt start in 1992 dont you... :P

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2012, 02:21:47 pm »
Omg were 4th Champions league here we come!? Wait wrong table.
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 6, 2012, 02:22:26 pm »
I should do mate - I'm almost 67.... and I acknowledge Liverpool's great successes of the past - don't worry about that !! :D :D
I just think it makes interesting reading that's all. Honest injun.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2012, 02:24:53 pm by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 6, 2012, 02:23:06 pm »
Nothing funny about it to be honest
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 6, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »
I should do mate - I'm almost 67.... and I acknowledge Liverpool's great successes of the past - don't worry about that !! :D :D

I know mate i just couldnt resist ;)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »
Fair enuffski !! ;)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 6, 2012, 02:38:33 pm »
Not surprised to see Villa 5th out of 7. Everton haven't done anything since the Premier League started. Should have been relegated once or twice. Spurs really have only been one of the top 6/7 regularly since 4/5 years ago. Villa as far as I remember had a couple of decent seasons early on where they challenged for a few months.
I am surprised though that Chelsea are ahead of us by so many points. Even with our horrendous couple of seasons.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: September 6, 2012, 03:29:01 pm »
Not surprised to see Villa 5th out of 7. Everton haven't done anything since the Premier League started. Should have been relegated once or twice. Spurs really have only been one of the top 6/7 regularly since 4/5 years ago. Villa as far as I remember had a couple of decent seasons early on where they challenged for a few months.
I am surprised though that Chelsea are ahead of us by so many points. Even with our horrendous couple of seasons.

Villa and United were neck and neck til mid April in the first season of the Premier League - after we had kindly sold them Houghton, Staunton and Saunders! They threatended briefly and fell away in about 98/99 I think when Gregory was in charge. They've been dross for years now though, surprised they're ahead of Spurs.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 6, 2012, 03:35:15 pm »
Villa sit well in the all time (pre PL) table, too.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 6, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »
I had a feeling before clicking the link the Toon would be higher up the table than the dirty Mackems    8)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11 on: September 6, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »
Villa sit well in the all time (pre PL) table, too.

so if the Mancs continue with 2.15 pts per game with the extra 356 games then they would be on 5666

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 6, 2012, 03:45:26 pm »
so if the Mancs continue with 2.15 pts per game with the extra 356 games then they would be on 5666

As we all know, and this is definitive proof, Ferguson sold his soul to the Devil.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 6, 2012, 04:21:56 pm »
I wonder where chelsea would be without Roman's millions?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 6, 2012, 04:22:13 pm »

Not really. The 2.15 is since the premier league's inception. All time their record is 1.39 pts per game. The 356 games less they have on us is obviously their times in the 2nd division so should be calculated based on their overall total, not Premier League games. Meaning their total would be 5380. It should be noted however, that these periods in the 2nd division did happen, therefore they were shite, and they cannot use the 356 games more that we have played in any argument. Who's to say that why would even have got 1.39 points per game if they were in Divsion 1 for these seasons. Since they were division 2, it could reasonably be assumed they would have been absolute gash in Division 1, therefore their points per game ratio would be less.  :)
« Last Edit: September 6, 2012, 04:25:28 pm by Barneylfc »

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 1, 2023, 01:53:40 pm »
Guys

What's a good site to see League Head-to-Head stats?

Ie;  Results of every Liverpool v Utd game since time began.

ta

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 1, 2023, 02:23:57 pm »
Guys

ta

I would use

flashscore
whoscored
totalcorner
sofascore
soccerway

for betting research. Not all give in depth stats, but I can generally find what I'm looking for on most if not all of those.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: August 1, 2023, 02:26:41 pm »
Here you go Pete: https://www.lfchistory.net/opposition/team/profile/22/

There’s a ‘Games’ tab which gives you the full list of every fixture we’ve played against them too.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2023, 02:28:30 pm »
Guys

ta

For Liverpool specific information you can't beat LFChistory.net.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2023, 02:37:01 pm »
Yes it is.
Liverweb wasn't too bad either.
Whatever happened to that site?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: August 1, 2023, 02:42:12 pm »
This time last season Arsenal were only 3 points ahead of Chelsea in second place, and it looked like only a matter of time before they overtook us.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #21 on: August 1, 2023, 02:55:43 pm »
This time last season Arsenal were only 3 points ahead of Chelsea in second place, and it looked like only a matter of time before they overtook us.
And look what happened later on after they appeared to be running away with the title.  ;)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 2, 2023, 10:52:58 am »
Here you go Pete: https://www.lfchistory.net/opposition/team/profile/22/

There’s a ‘Games’ tab which gives you the full list of every fixture we’ve played against them too.

Sorry, lads.  I'm after a site for ALL games between ALL teams?

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 2, 2023, 10:54:08 am »
I would use

flashscore
whoscored
totalcorner
sofascore
soccerway

for betting research. Not all give in depth stats, but I can generally find what I'm looking for on most if not all of those.

Just been this

Cheers Barney.  Ill give them a whirl.